PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance to Get Scola?

PopRocks
07-05-2010, 04:03 PM
With the apparent departure of Dick Jefferson, any chance we could get Scola on the team?

Would he fit in?

Manu tweeted about it last week. Maybe he knows something?

Shastafarian
07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
No. He's a RFA. Rockets will match anything the Spurs could offer.

jason1301
07-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Scola, Splitter and Timmy would be a force to be reckon with!!! Too bad is not happening.

ohmwrecker
07-05-2010, 04:12 PM
No. He's a RFA. Rockets will match anything the Spurs could offer.

Eh, they might let him go if they score Bosh, but . . . yeah, highly unlikely.

Shastafarian
07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Eh, they might let him go if they score Bosh, but . . . yeah, highly unlikely.

He'd probably be in the deal that would acquire Bosh.

ohmwrecker
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
He'd probably be in the deal that would acquire Bosh.

That is also a possibility that will probably not happen.

Russ
07-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Scola is the most overrated player in the history of this (or any other) Spurs message board.

Conversely, Splitter is probably the most underrated player in Spurs message board history.

The bad news is, the Spurs will never get Scola. :(

But the good (even better) news is, the Spurs will get Splitter. :flag::flag:

lurker23
07-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Conversely, Splitter is probably the most underrated player in Spurs message board history.

Splitter would have to do pretty darn well to be the most underrated player on this board. I hope you're right, but he's already fairly well regarded.

The most underrated players on this board are generally role players who fill niches but aren't all that impressive otherwise. Guys like Barry, Vaughn, Bonner, Finley, Rasho, Nazr, Fabricio, etc..

The most overrated players on this board are guys who have great athleticism, but may or may not have actual basketball skills. Guys like James White(!), Ian Mahinmi, James Gist, etc..

angelbelow
07-05-2010, 05:03 PM
The most overrated players on this board are guys who have great athleticism, but may or may not have actual basketball skills. Guys like James White(!), Ian Mahinmi, James Gist, etc..

haha so true.. but i think for the most part its all for good fun.. i hope.

Mel_13
07-05-2010, 05:06 PM

Pops Mensah Jordan

BadMotorscooter
07-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Scola overrated? The guy is a freaking workhorse. Houston would be nuts to include him in a deal just to get Bosh when they've already added Battier. And Splitter underrated? We have yet to see him play an NBA game and dont know if he can adjust. On top of that, he is very one sided heavy....all defense. He doesnt look like he be able to score if he needs to.

lurker23
07-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Pops Mensah Jordan

haha, Forgot about him for a minute. Definitely a good example.

On top of that, he is very one sided heavy....all defense. He doesnt look like he be able to score if he needs to.

While I think Splitter's defense may have more of an immediate impact, don't sleep on his offense. He didn't average 15.7 ppg in one of the best leagues in the world by accident. He has some nice moves, a soft touch, and perhaps the most underrated part of his game is that some of his moves are fairly unorthodox compared to what you usually see in the U.S., which keeps defenders off-balance; just look how effective lefties can be, even when defenders know they're lefties- the defense just isn't used to going that way.

waly.mg
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Scola is the most overrated player in the history of this (or any other) Spurs message board.

The bad news is, the Spurs will never get Scola. :(

But the good (even better) news is, the Spurs will get Splitter. :flag::flag:

So, if Scola is overrated and Splitter is Overrated, that means Splitter > Scola, but Scola >>>>> Splitter

peteee
07-05-2010, 06:12 PM
why did you agree to lose him then?

Jlowd21
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Scola's old news

lurker23
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
why did you agree to lose him then?

I really don't think we want to start that conversation.

Short answer: most people here didn't want to.

arles
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
iDwM4E2NNtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDwM4E2NNtc

For those who don't understand Spanish, he's saying that he would like to play every single game of his life with Manu: NBA, National Team, Streetball, etc. But he recognizes it won't happen anyway.

I have to add this is said in the context of a press conference about the World Cup and the Argentinian National Team situation, since Manu is not playing.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Scola can't defend and he has no jump shot. Doesn't fit with the Spurs.

TMTTRIO
07-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Not going to happen and when did Manu say that? All I saw was Manu joking with him and saying since he was officially unemployed he would hire him as a babysitter :lol.

Chubby_Love
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
With the apparent departure of Dick Jefferson, any chance we could get Scola on the team?

Would he fit in?

Manu tweeted about it last week. Maybe he knows something?
He's good inside the paint, and he hustles for every play unlike Jefferson who stands there and does nothing. I think he would fit in just fine, but he will be coming off the bench unless Manu is willing to be a 6th man again, and from what Manu has said: He would love that! What can the Spurs do to get him to San Antonio?

spizzle_tronk
07-05-2010, 09:51 PM

don't watch many games do you?

boutons_deux
07-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Scola hustles like Malik Rose, not a lot of talent, but scores better and seems smarter in basketball.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2010, 10:04 PM
don't watch many games do you?

don't spend much time around here do you?

tmtcsc
07-05-2010, 10:49 PM

Actually, he would have fit right in last year ! :lol

mike20spurs
07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Honestly, Scola is a 7th man on this team at best. no way he beats out anybody important in our roster. Face it, he plays good on a bad team.

Budkin
07-06-2010, 12:08 AM
No. We had him and gave him away for nothing. The end.

urunobili
07-06-2010, 09:38 AM

:lmao

Obstructed_View
07-06-2010, 10:41 AM
:lmao

Somehow I get the feeling that you don't get the joke.

BlairForceDejuan
07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
I am still amazed at the Scola haters. Dude is a very valuable offensive weapon. Especially off the bench considering few of the Spurs bigs can create offense for themselves.

I guess the Scola haters enjoy relying on Bonner's running hook and Ian NoShowimi.