PDA

View Full Version : Miami S&T with Utah and/or Dallas?

Kindergarten Cop
07-05-2010, 09:44 PM
http://twitter.com/wallacesports

Heat having backburner S-&-T talks with Utah & Dallas - offering J. O'Neal and/or M. Beasley - targeting Boozer, Haywood

Amarelooms
07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Why do the Mavs want Oneal? There better be more to it than this lol

:elephant

Findog
07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
There's only one player on Miami's roster that we would want and unfortunately he is not a realistic possibility for the Mavs.

Amarelooms
07-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I do a Haywood for J Oneal and Beasley in a second if Miami wants that. Haywood is over-rated and trash in my opinion. Beasley will be a backup PF for Dirk. I sign Shaq with the MLE and J Oneal can be backup.

I use the Damp contract/dust chip to go hard for a SG or approach Hornets for CP3. If CP3 can't be had then go after Iggy in Philly.

monosylab1k
07-05-2010, 10:56 PM
O'Neal/Beasley for Haywood is a no brainer to me.

Amarelooms
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Finally something we agree on dummy.

Need a back court player who can get to the rim since old ass Kidd can't even make layups.....who is out there besides Iggy? Maybe agent zero but that contract is brutal.

crc21209
07-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I think O' Neal and Beasley especially would just disrupt the Mavs offense and take away shots from Dirk, thus hurting the team as a whole...

Kai
07-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Interesting Miami is looking into the Boozer SnT possibility, I wonder if they feel they are gonna miss out on Bosh...

Kindergarten Cop
07-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Wow! Kori just may ban me from starting threads, since apparently they get derailed into racist/bigotry/anti-semitism/etc. debates. :(

peteee
07-06-2010, 05:41 AM
There's only one player on Miami's roster that we would want and unfortunately he is not a realistic possibility for the Mavs.
if we had enough chips for that player, i'd rather use the same chips for another player. but it's just impossible either way, as you said.

peteee
07-06-2010, 05:45 AM
so that's not a deal the cunning cheat are going to make. they don't have any one in frontoffice who's nearly as retarded as donnie, thought that would have a high probability if the two teams managers switched their roles.

stretch
07-06-2010, 11:14 AM
If the rumor is true, that Heat would take Haywood and Barea for Beasley and Jermaine O'Neal, that's pretty much a no brainer for the Mavs.

You trade away a backup G and a mentally fragile center for a young (although seemingly immature) but very talented scorer, as well as a quality starting center that is long, can score inside and outside and defend well (J-O'Neal is an underrated defender IMO). And O'Neal is only a year older than Haywood.

I would have no problem with this trade whatsoever. There is considerably more upside to the trade, as opposed to downside. Both incoming players are way more talented and gifted than both of the outgoing players. It's just a matter of if Beasley grows up (being with guys like Kidd and Dirk, and watched by the Mavs organization would most likely help a lot), and O'Neal staying healthy (definitely worthy of an lol, but still worth the risk)

JamStone
07-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Unless he finds some miracle cure this summer, last season Jermaine O'Neal looked like he is extremely close to being completely done. He doesn't really score inside anymore. He takes midrange jumpers most of the time. Sometimes he makes them, sometimes he shoots like he's never played basketball before in his life. He can't rebound anymore. There were more than a couple of times I saw Jermaine get 2-3 rebounds in a game and that's it. He has no lift, no explosion, and his knees are bone powder. His defense is not bad, but because of the erosion of his body, it's not really great either.

BUMP
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
If we turn this down (O'neal + Beasley), Donnie should be fired immediately!

Findog
07-06-2010, 11:30 AM
14 and 7 last year for O'Neal in 28 mpg, and a PER of 18. I didn't watch him much last year, but he can't be "completely done." A pale imitation of what he was in Indiana, sure, but 14/7 and a decent defender is much preferable to having to wildly overpay Brenda (8 and 7 in 27 mpg for us last year).

monosylab1k
07-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Unless he finds some miracle cure this summer, last season Jermaine O'Neal looked like he is extremely close to being completely done. He doesn't really score inside anymore. He takes midrange jumpers most of the time. Sometimes he makes them, sometimes he shoots like he's never played basketball before in his life. He can't rebound anymore. There were more than a couple of times I saw Jermaine get 2-3 rebounds in a game and that's it. He has no lift, no explosion, and his knees are bone powder. His defense is not bad, but because of the erosion of his body, it's not really great either.

Unfortunately that still sounds light years better than any center the Mavs have ever had.

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 11:33 AM
14 and 7 last year for O'Neal in 28 mpg, and a PER of 18. I didn't watch him much last year, but he can't be "completely done." A pale imitation of what he was in Indiana, sure, but 14/7 and a decent defender is much preferable to having to wildly overpay Brenda (8 and 7 in 27 mpg for us last year).

Exactly this needs to get done NOW. Only reason I wait a bit is if Wade has no place to go other than Chicago...maybe a sign & trade is possible. Damn I wish the Bulls didn't have cap space to sign 2 free agents....

Findog
07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Mavs are in a tough bind with Brenda: a decent center to be sure, and an improvement over Damp in that he can catch a pass and finish. But what is it going to take to sign him? $12 million a year for 5 years? This is a guy whose numbers in Dallas were worse than in Washington, and didn't always provide the hustle and intensity when he was playing for a contract. You give a 31 year old what the market will pay and what can you expect from him?

JamStone
07-06-2010, 11:36 AM

This is one of the cases where the stats lie.

For a more accurate look of what the Mavs would really be getting, look at his playoff games against the Celtics.

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Mavs are in a tough bind with Brenda: a decent center to be sure, and an improvement over Damp in that he can catch a pass and finish. But what is it going to take to sign him? $12 million a year for 5 years? This is a guy whose numbers in Dallas were worse than in Washington, and didn't always provide the hustle and intensity when he was playing for a contract. You give a 31 year old what the market will pay and what can you expect from him?

He is Damp 2.0....and is worse in the aspect that he pouts and cries like a girl...Damp is at least a man. Would be best to try and sign & trade his ass. You can't let him walk for nothing though.....

stretch
07-06-2010, 11:38 AM
he still scored put up about 14/7 and 1.4 bpg in only 28 mpg. not bad at all, especially since he shot 50% from the field, something he has never done. and with the Mavs, he would be relied upon even less for scoring, and be able to play with Dirk and Kidd, both of whom should make the game a lot easier for him, so that he can pretty much just spend energy on making easy open shots, rebounds, and defense. i'd take a chance on him, no question about it.

all he needs to do is be a positive presence, not a standout.

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 11:38 AM

For a more accurate look of what the Mavs would really be getting, look at his playoff games against the Celtics.

All he would have to do is play solid D and hit the occasional jumper if open. He would likely be the backup center off the bench. If you can get Beasley and Oneal for Haywood you do that NOW...not tomorrow if you're the Mavs...DO IT NOW

monosylab1k
07-06-2010, 11:39 AM

JO shitting the bed against Boston > Haywood shitting the bed against San Antonio

Findog
07-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I think O' Neal and Beasley especially would just disrupt the Mavs offense and take away shots from Dirk, thus hurting the team as a whole...

I see Beasley as a trade chip for the Mavs first and foremost, and a third big in their rotation if they decide to keep him.

JamStone
07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
JO didn't shit his bed. He has the body of a 65 year old woman.

You can take that 14/7 during the regular season, but he will be of no service to you by the time the playoffs arrive. It's not so much his talent eroding as much as it is his body.

stretch
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM

ah, beat me to it lol

Findog
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM

Lots of players wilt against the Celtic D. Brenda sucked ass against the Spurs and has the fragile ego of a 14 year old emo girl.

monosylab1k
07-06-2010, 11:43 AM
JO didn't shit his bed. He has the body of a 65 year old woman.

You can take that 14/7 during the regular season, but he will be of no service to you by the time the playoffs arrive. It's not so much his talent eroding as much as it is his body.

And it says something that somebody with the body of a 65 year old woman against the NBA title runners-up played only slightly worse than any Mavs center against a team that got curbstomped in the 2nd round.

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
And it says something that somebody with the body of a 65 year old woman against the NBA title runners-up played only slightly worse than any Mavs center against a team that got curbstomped in the 2nd round.

Only person with a body of a 65yo woman is that dummy Ghazi.....

Findog
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Mavs would probably be best off resigning Damp to a portion of the MLE after he gets waived by his new team than giving Haywood the kind of contract he can get in this market. And make another run at Gortat. Nothing wrong with Damp as long as he's being paid relative to his value. A Damp/Gortat combo would be better than some of these other options being bandied about (resigning Haywood to a big deal, signing fatass Shaq, etc)

JamStone
07-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Slightly worse? JO was actually getting touches in the offense for Miami. He shot 20% from the field. Haywood may suck, but it's not like he was involved in getting primary touches in the offense. 20% from the field for the series for the starting center. 20%.

If it happens, by the end of the regular season, Mavs fans will be begging for Haywood back.

And wilting against the Celtics D is one thing. The Celtics weren't even challenging Jermaine. He was just bricking open jumpers and when he did try to take it inside, he had no explosiveness. Credit Boston's defense when it actually does something. They didn't against Jermaine. He was stopping himself.

stretch
07-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Lots of players wilt against the Celtic D.

exactly. especially when you are relied upon basically as the 2nd option, despite not being #2 option caliber player at this point of your career. in Dallas, he would be the 4th or 5th option at best - aka a role player, which is exactly what he is at this point... a glorified role player. great fit for the Mavs IMO.

JamStone
07-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Glorified role player as a 4th or 5th option putting up say the same 8/7 Haywood would put up?

Findog
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Glorified role player as a 4th or 5th option putting up say the same 8/7 Haywood would put up?

Well, it's a matter of what you're paying. Haywood is going to get an insane contract in this market. Anybody want to take any guesses as to what he signs for? Especially after the big names go off the board and teams are scrambling to salvage that cap space they created?

I'm guessing 5/55.

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Well, it's a matter of what you're paying. Haywood is going to get an insane contract in this market. Anybody want to take any guesses as to what he signs for? Especially after the big names go off the board and teams are scrambling to salvage that cap space they created?

I'm guessing 5/55.

Yeah 5 year close to 60. I don't pay that for his sorry ass....sign and trade him

Findog
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah 5 year close to 60. I don't pay that for his sorry ass....sign and trade him

That would be the best thing the Mavs could do, so they don't lose that asset for nothing.

stretch
07-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Works for me, since you get Beasley out of it too.

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM
That would be the best thing the Mavs could do, so they don't lose that asset for nothing.

Can't lose him for nothing though...so regardless you sign him and then try and work out a trade

JamStone
07-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Works for me, since you get Beasley out of it too.

Agreed, as long as you don't expect much from JO.

My point is that don't put any stock in thinking JO will be any better than Haywood would be.

I agree about it making more sense when you put the contract finances into the equation. But I don't think JO gives you much at all.

stretch
07-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Agreed, as long as you don't expect much from JO.

My point is that don't put any stock in thinking JO will be any better than Haywood would be.

I agree about it making more sense when you put the contract finances into the equation. But I don't think JO gives you much at all.

I don't neccesarily think he WILL be better than Haywood. But he definitely has potential to be more of a threat to other teams than Haywood, if he stays healthy, and is used properly. His skill-set is far superior to Haywood's skill-set.

ohmwrecker
07-06-2010, 12:28 PM

You wouldn't get both, you idiots.

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 12:30 PM
You wouldn't get both, you idiots.

Yes we would dummy....get the fuck out this thread idiot

ohmwrecker
07-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Yes we would dummy....get the fuck out this thread idiot

OK, I won't post here if you agree to never post in the Spurs forum.

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 12:42 PM
OK, I won't post here if you agree to never post in the Spurs forum.

Fail...like I care where you post....you get an extra :elephant for your stupidity

ohmwrecker
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
agreed. gtfo.

Golden State Warriors . . . you "gtfo".

ohmwrecker
07-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Fail...like I care where you post....you get an extra :elephant for your stupidity

Oh no! Not another dancing pink elephant! It doesn't matter. It's not like Beasley going to put the Mavs over anyway. Keep trying, you goofy bastard.