PDA

View Full Version : The Morning Drive - Ticket 760

SpursSecurity
07-06-2010, 05:58 AM
Hey not sure how true this is but just heard a promo for the Morning Drive on the Ticket, and he has Greco filling in for Andy Everett all week.

We could have a Tiger free week.

I really like the team of Walter and Greco. I think they've done a great job in the past.

This should be a fun week. Maybe the Ticket will finally wake up and get this guy a job.

Still wondering how you can have a SIRIUSXM show and not have an offer local, even though he's lobbied for it.

TheTruth
07-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Andy Everett is awful, just plain awful. Greco would be a huge upgrade.

SpursSecurity
07-06-2010, 06:19 AM
I agree, but Paki had that e-mail from the PD that said that, "Andy is my man." So that aint happening anytime soon.

JoeChalupa
07-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Listened in this morning. :tu

howardcopy
07-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Hey I thought it was a great show. Greco definately shows his range with his knowledge of the big sports. Very entertaining this morning.

His questions today on basketball were killer. You can really tell he does his homework for the show. Something I don't think hosts in the past have done.

samikeyp
07-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Greco es Dio!!! :)

PakiDan
07-06-2010, 10:36 AM
You guys need to let the PD at the Ticket hear you.... send emails!!!

howardcopy
07-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey Paki,

Got my answer back from Tim. Like yours he says he really like Greco and that they are working on things to get him more involved. Hopefully they push this thing through.

He really banged it out today. The two guys they interviewed for basketball both loved his questions and they were very detailed. The kid has some skills man. Not only does he know his shit, but the dude is freaking funny.

grindmouse
07-06-2010, 11:16 PM
How many posts or emails from ST did they read?

howardcopy
07-06-2010, 11:31 PM
No idea. I know I sent in one for Mr. T and he responded back pretty quickly. The one I sent to Bolger, he flat out told me he cared more about WOAI than the Ticket.

Keep pounding the monkey. Mr. T seems like a pretty cool guy who will actually listen.

EricB
07-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I guess Im the only one left that likes a professional like Andy Everett as opposed to guys laughing about childish bullshit.

SpursSecurity
07-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Are you kidding me. That's called entertainment Eric. If you want boring talk go to NPR.

bigzak25
07-07-2010, 07:33 AM
I guess Im the only one left that likes a professional like Andy Everett as opposed to guys laughing about childish bullshit.

Andy might be good people, I don't know, but his ego and need to lean on golf to get through the shows sealed his fate long ago.

I'm sure he'll continue to be a ticket 760 staple on his Saturday morning golf show where he's had a home for many years.

And you should not call out others for 'childish bs' when almost every one of your posts has 50% good take and 50% self ego aggrandizement with a put down of another poster.

You are good on the radio Eric. Because you check your ego and let your knowledge shine through. I wish your posts here were more like that.

Take it easy.

I'm listening this morning Paul and Waltra! Good stuff! :toast

JoeChalupa
07-07-2010, 07:38 AM
The show is flowing nicely.

JoeChalupa
07-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Just heard a Bigzak reference by Paul. :tu

JoeChalupa
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Come on Paul, Lohan?....I'd take Raquel Welch before Lohan.

bigzak25
07-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah Chalupa, that caught me off guard...:lol

"Bald and Beautiful!"

Although, it should be noted that I'm growing a monk these days.

We'll compare at the next GTG! :toast

If I was older, I'm sure I'd vote Raquel, but I'm 35, so Lohan gets the nod. :tu

howardcopy
07-07-2010, 08:02 AM
LOHAN!!! Gotta have it

JoeChalupa
07-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Yeah Chalupa, that caught me off guard...:lol

"Bald and Beautiful!"

Although, it should be noted that I'm growing a monk these days.

We'll compare at the next GTG! :toast

:tu

:lol Yeah, I'm a little older and Raquel has always been a hottie in my book. Lohan just never did it for me. Too pale.

PaulGreco
07-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Come on JOE...Jump on the bandwagon pal...LOVE HER!!!

--PG

PaulGreco
07-07-2010, 10:09 AM

EricB - everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have no problem with that. My style is a little different than maybe yours but I'm trying to reach an audience that is similar to me. Fun, excited about sports, and people who get all fired about about their teams.

I want my audience to feel like we are hanging out at the bar chillen over a beer and BS'in about sports. Yeah I laugh a lot, but I also bring news to the table to get discussions going.

I those that are listening to relate, but I started out as a fan and fell into something I love to do.

I'm also not afraid to make fun of myself. All things I do in real life. Hell ask Joe C., Big Zak, Mouse...I've busted on all of them, but I sure as hell have taken a beatin from them as well.

So although my style may not be like Andy's ( who I respect a lot) I think I can reach an audience by being myself.

--PG

JoeChalupa
07-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Come on JOE...Jump on the bandwagon pal...LOVE HER!!!

--PG

Well its not like I'd kick her out of bed.

Re-Animator
07-07-2010, 06:11 PM
How many posts or emails from ST did they read?
:wakeup

bigzak25
07-07-2010, 06:21 PM
:wakeup

dude, other than Splitter talk, it's not exactly the middle of the Spurs season.

And frankly, if radio hosts are dependent on message board posts to keep their show going, then they are in trouble. Granted the knowledge of the Spurs on this website is unrivaled, but there is alot to pick through to get to the good stuff sometimes. I'm sure Paul will feel out the Spurs forum when the season is in sway as it will be a valuable resource for the new local guy.

It was Burns bread and butter for the duration of his tenure, and he admitted as such.

JoeChalupa
07-07-2010, 07:24 PM
dude, other than Splitter talk, it's not exactly the middle of the Spurs season.

And frankly, if radio hosts are dependent on message board posts to keep their show going, then they are in trouble. Granted the knowledge of the Spurs on this website is unrivaled, but there is alot to pick through to get to the good stuff sometimes. I'm sure Paul will feel out the Spurs forum when the season is in sway as it will be a valuable resource for the new local guy.

It was Burns bread and butter for the duration of his tenure, and he admitted as such.

I concur. Mouse always had a thing for wanting/demanding that ST emails and posts be included as part of the show.

howardcopy
07-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Who care how many get read, BIGZ's name was mentioned today.

hey Greco how about a shout out tomorrow for me. Hell Paki or joe would be good too. I did like how you mixed it in.

Once again. Lohan

http://www.thevine.com.au/resources/GALLIMAGE/281108042746_Lindsay-Lohan.jpg

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-5/Lindsay-Lohan-boob.jpg

PaulGreco
07-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Hey Howard,

Very nice pal...Very nice!!!

--PG