Brook Lopez
Lamar Odom
David Lee

me15lo
07-06-2010, 06:48 AM
holy shit KBP talking about american ballers

Chieflion
07-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Out of those guys, can Perkins even play?

I would pick these 12 to make the team.

Tyreke Evans
Brook Lopez
Kevin Love
Andre Iguodala
Danny Granger
O.J Mayo
Stephen Curry
Gerald Wallace
LaMarcus Aldridge
Amar'e Stoudemire
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant

ezau
07-06-2010, 07:21 AM
On paper, that's a very talented lineup. However, do they have enough time to be familiar with one another?

phyzik
07-06-2010, 08:06 AM
On paper, that's a very talented lineup. However, do they have enough time to be familiar with one another?

Im not so sure those guys will Gel enough to be able to play against the epicenter of basketball that is Greece.

Brazil
07-06-2010, 08:12 AM
How many PGs team USA needs ?

Amarelooms
07-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Don't like that lineup....they'll probably lose and get 3rd or something

:elephant

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Don't like that lineup....they'll probably lose and get 3rd or something

:elephant

I think 3-6 would be place for them probably. Most likely I would think bronze medal.

elbamba
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Kevin Durant will lead them to at least a second place finish.

stretch
07-06-2010, 10:09 AM
This would be my team.

Starting Lineup

PG - Paul
SG - Granger
SF - Durant
PF - Stoudemire
C - Lopez

Bench

G - Williams, Billups, Mayo
F - Gay, Iguodala, Curry
C - Aldridge, Jefferson

Very athletic, with plenty of shooters to space the floor out. Even most of the big men have a solid mid-range shot to provide spacing, which seems even more essential in FIBA play. I actually think Amare would be the MVP of the team, with his agreesive offensive ability, along with his mid-range shot. He would be absolutely unstoppable IMO.

Medvedenko
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Lamar is committed to make the team....He would fit in nicely.

monosylab1k
07-06-2010, 11:13 AM
That team isn't winning this thing. That's not even coming close. Why does the USA take this tournament so lightly?

ChumpDumper
07-06-2010, 11:15 AM
That team isn't winning this thing. That's not even coming close. Why does the USA take this tournament so lightly?Because Americans in general don't care about the Worlds.

They care about the Olympics.

BadOdor
07-06-2010, 11:15 AM
That team isn't winning this thing. That's not even coming close. Why does the USA take this tournament so lightly?

U.S already knows it's the best.

Venti Quattro
07-06-2010, 11:20 AM
The US takes this competition seriously, they will blow everyone out of the building.

stretch
07-06-2010, 11:20 AM

What sucks is, that team is still more talented and gifted than any other team in FIBA competition. They unfortunately don't get the chances to play and train together on a consistent basis for years, the way other countries do.

JamStone
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
My 12:

Deron Williams / CP3
Kevin Durant / Stephen Curry
Rudy Gay / Danny Granger / Andre Iguodala
Amare / LaMarcus / Kevin Love
Brook Lopez / Al Jefferson

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-06-2010, 11:50 AM
What sucks is, that team is still more talented and gifted than any other team in FIBA competition. They unfortunately don't get the chances to play and train together on a consistent basis for years, the way other countries do.

This makes no sense. The only country I know of that most of the main rotation players "train together for years" is Argentina or maybe Spain and even Spain has switched a lot of players. Almost every other country has a different team at every tournament.

Just like example Greece changes about 4 rotation players every tournament. The only team I can think that "trained together for years" is Argentina. No other teams really do this to be honest.

Actually Team USA for 2008 had players that were together in the national team much longer than most countries had players together. Maybe only Argentina and Spain and maybe Lithuania had some players playing longer together. No other teams.

Lithuania has almost a whole new team and Spain even has a bunch of new players. I don't understand where you get these ideas that other countries train together for years. EVERY country has injuries, tired players, guys quitting the team, guys that don't want to play, guys retiring and such.

There is no difference from US at all. Most of the countries have 2 months of play time together as a team and that is it.

stretch
07-06-2010, 12:05 PM
This makes no sense. The only country I know of that most of the main rotation players "train together for years" is Argentina or maybe Spain and even Spain has switched a lot of players. Almost every other country has a different team at every tournament.

Just like example Greece changes about 4 rotation players every tournament. The only team I can think that "trained together for years" is Argentina. No other teams really do this to be honest.

Argentina and Spain usually are the two best teams outside of the US every year, you fucking idiot.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Argentina and Spain usually are the two best teams outside of the US every year, you fucking idiot.

You made it sound like every team plays together for years except US. That's not true. And even this year Spain has a bunch of different players.

Dex
07-06-2010, 01:16 PM
This lineup reminds me of the 2004 USA lineup. Lots of talent, but not overwhelmingly so. KD is probably their most talented player, and he's a third year star. That's a far cry from having Kobe, Lebron, and Wade on your squad.

If they can't get the chemistry together, they could find themselves in some tough games.

Dr Cox
07-06-2010, 02:14 PM
What date does the worlds start?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
What date does the worlds start?

August 28

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Spain announced the roster

PG Jose Calderon/Ricky Rubio/Rafael Martinez
SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Sergio Llull