PDA

View Full Version : Amare to NY

Supergirl
07-06-2010, 06:53 AM
What will be the outcome?

Xevious
07-06-2010, 08:28 AM
I expect Amare's numbers to drop without playing with Nash, and Amare alone does not earn a playoff spot for this Knick team.

TDMVPDPOY
07-06-2010, 08:42 AM
i think amares numbers would go up, since he would ball hog every possession...

ohmwrecker
07-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Why does everyone overvalue Nash in Amare's success? Any PG in the league can lob a pass at the rim.

MarCowMar
07-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Sometimes when a team makes a trade or signing I get a bit nervous. You can tell when a team has really shifted direction and grown more powerful.

When the Knicks signed (and overpaid) for Amare I just chuckled.

The Gemini Method
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Something else...I wouldn't be surprised if in 2011 (provided there is a season...) a Tony Parker or Melo Anthony ends up in the NYC. That is, if they fall by the wayside in the LeBron Drama...

Darrin
07-06-2010, 12:52 PM
It depends on what talent they have around him, and this includes internal development. My guess right now is that Amar'e Stoudemire is not going to win with the Knicks. Right now he is simply a replacement for David Lee until Lee re-signs. Gallinari, Lee, Chandler, Douglas, and the rest of the Knicks will not be enough for them to do more than make the postseason. I don't see him as a piece you build a franchise around. I think this puts the Suns in the lottery and that is a bigger story than whether Amar'e Stoudemire succeeds or not. My guess is that he's worth a few season ticket packages, some good press between here and December, and a couple of early-season ESPN games with a lot of hype. It will be like Stephon Marbury and Antonio McDyess going there all over again, and yield about the same. But this may just be the beginning. If they get a great guard and some depth in the frontcourt behind Stoudemire, they would be suited for an Atlanta Hawks-type team (from last year).

stretch
07-06-2010, 12:54 PM
nba championship

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Darrin is right it's way to early to tell. I think what will end up happening is Bosh and Lebron go to Cleveland, if it does, and Wade would rather go to NY with Amare than go to Chicago with Boozer, the Knicks will have by far their best team since the Ewing era. If they don't sign anyone else and D'antoni goes with some undersized gimmick lineup of Amare, Chandler and Galinari up front, it probably wins 45 games and has no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs.

bostonguy
07-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Darrin is right it's way to early to tell. I think what will end up happening is Bosh and Lebron go to Cleveland, if it does, and Wade would rather go to NY with Amare than go to Chicago with Boozer, the Knicks will have by far their best team since the Ewing era. If they don't sign anyone else and D'antoni goes with some undersized gimmick lineup of Amare, Chandler and Galinari up front, it probably wins 45 games and has no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs.

I read on the espn ticker that Bosh has ZERO interest in going to Cleveland despite Lebron convincing him. Plus Cavs have no tradeable assets unless the Raps want old or average players with long term deals in return.

Supergirl
07-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Personally I think this move was laugh out loud ridiculous. Clearly, Amare thinks he can be THE MAN on an NBA team and doesn't think he needs a top 5 PG to be able to run the floor and score. He will be mistaken. Also, he has shown again and again he won't play defense and players that don't play D don't win in the postseason and make lousy franchise players.

Atlanta vastly overpaid for Joe Johnson but Joe Johnson is at least a more credible franchise player than Amare is/will be.

But we will see...

peteee
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
NY will remain what it's destined to be tbh. Amaré isn't such a leader that can change a team, instead I think he'll probably worsen the situation considering what a big cancer he's known to be. Dude plays no D and is notorious for laziness, and without Nash feeding him the ball his offensive efficiency will also be highly questionable as well.