PDA

View Full Version : Which team will have the worst record in the 2010/11 season?

Kamnik
07-06-2010, 11:53 AM
My money is on the Raptors... If Bosh leaves without a S&T they have zero players rebounding and zero players playing defence. Sad situation in Toronto...

The Gemini Method
07-06-2010, 11:55 AM
My money is on the Raptors... If Bosh leaves without a S&T they have zero players rebounding and zero players playing defence. Sad situation in Toronto...

That would be a safe bet...

I wonder how Cleveland would be if LeBron does leave? They'd be challenging for mediocrity as well...

JamStone
07-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Have to wait to see all the moves transpire. But to me, Minnesota doesn't look like it will win any more games than they did last year. I don't think Wesley Johnson is much of a game changer. If Pekovic signs, maybe he'll make a little bit of a difference. Martell Webster is a decent spot up jump shooter.

They lack real play makers, especially out on the wing. And one play maker they have, Al Jefferson, they're trying to trade.

I think Minnesota could easily challenge for the worst record next season.

On a side note, sadly, the Detroit Pistons should be a bottom 5 team as well.

himat
07-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Have to see where players go first.

Raptors are a safe bet because it looks like there is a 0% chance that Bosh returns. Raptors still might be able to sign and trade him though so they may actually get some players in return that could help.

If Minnesota doesn't get David Lee, like some reporters have been talking about, then I agree with JamStone. Remember that the TWolves play in the West and the Raptors play in the East.

And if Cleveland doesn't sign LBJ, then they might go from having the best record to having the worst record next season.

stretch
07-06-2010, 12:26 PM
spurs

Kamnik
07-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Another question... How many PPG do you think teams will score on the Raptors if they don't get anything in return for Bosh?

It could be in a record breaking! :D

The Gemini Method
07-06-2010, 12:42 PM
If the nets don't land a superstar, they could be back where they were last year. I don't think they'll win more than 30, but with a new regime in place it could reach that much and then some...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I'd be plenty happy if the Suns secured a top 4 pick with the worst record in the NBA but that's not happening. They'll be able to shoot well enough and run enough teams off the court to win 35 games.

CavsSuperFan
07-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Cleveland is the epicenter for class, culture and rock n roll…Lebron would never leave the Cavs…

That being said…It’s hard to imagine the Clippers NOT being the worst team in the NBA…

The Gemini Method
07-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Cleveland is the epicenter for class, culture and rock n roll…Lebron would never leave the Cavs…

That being said…It’s hard to imagine the Clippers NOT being the worst team in the NBA…

What culture do you speak of? Class? Huh?

ohmwrecker
07-06-2010, 01:02 PM

I've been to Cleveland. You must keep it well hidden.

Darrin
07-06-2010, 01:04 PM
On a side note, sadly, the Detroit Pistons should be a bottom 5 team as well.

As a Pistons fan, with this much money and this little amount of talent, I would rather they blow up this team and start over than contend for a bottom-five record with 65 million dollars locked into the cap. If this prediction is true, cleaning house and starting would look very attractive around February (a la Washington last year).

JamStone
07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
As a Pistons fan, with this much money and this little amount of talent, I would rather they blow up this team and start over than contend for a bottom-five record with 65 million dollars locked into the cap. If this prediction is true, cleaning house and starting would look very attractive around February (a la Washington last year).

Blowing up the team would require other teams willing to trade for those players that are locked up to longterm deals (Rip, Gordon, Villanueva).

I don't see that happening.

Darrin
07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Blowing up the team would require other teams willing to trade for those players that are locked up to longterm deals (Rip, Gordon, Villanueva).

I don't see that happening.

There's going to be some disappointed suitors when this free agency period shakes out. Teams may be willing to spend. Remember Robinson and Mercer with the Bulls? The Mavericks overvaluing Christian Laettner (because he was Dirk's backup and not the starter) and using that to get rid of Terry Mills and Loy Vaught?

If the Pistons take the 'addition-by-subtraction' mindset, set themselves up with draft picks and expiring contracts instead of looking for an equal trade in talent, they may find suitors. You can't tell me that Charlie V is worse than Juwan Howard when he was traded with (shot knees and) 60 million left on his deal. Or Vin Baker.

JamStone
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I think you're hoping too much. Don't think it's likely. And the way Dumars negotiates, he won't simply dump them. He'll want value in return. That in itself suggests to me there is an extremely small chance that the Pistons move any of them, much less all three of those longterm contract guys.