PDA

View Full Version : Gasol vs Dirk

usdane
07-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Like Bump's thread we will discuss who's better.

While Dirk is a good player and has a good shot you got to go with Gasol the best skilled big man and back to back champion.

Gasol is the best player in the NBA from outside the US.

Discuss.

koriwhat
07-06-2010, 01:28 PM
both are giant pussies... both aren't leaders... but i will say this, if i was in charge of a team i'd rather have a force down low than a 7 footer on the perimeter.

Giuseppe
07-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Gasol learned his lessons at the insistence of Bryant. He retreated nary an inch in these '10 Finals. Straight up, or forward, Gasol never gave a single inch.

Bryant will have to sustain the whip with Gasol.

And he will.

Greg Oden
07-06-2010, 01:32 PM
:lol Bump making you butthurt :lmao

JamStone
07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
For all of Dirk's faults, he's still a beast.

Pau has more of a complete game, since he uses his low post game more often and more effectively and he has become a solid defender.

But I take the guy who is a beast over the guy who has a more complete game.

Laker fans should agonize over this because hyping Pau too much discredits Kobe.

stretch
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Dirk

stretch
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
both are giant pussies... both aren't leaders... but i will say this, if i was in charge of a team i'd rather have a force down low than a 7 footer on the perimeter.

would getting calf tats make them lesser pussies?

BUMP
07-06-2010, 01:36 PM
lol grey spurfan

namlook
07-06-2010, 01:36 PM
As a lead guy Dirk is definitely better. If a team needs a post presence Gasol would be a better fit than Dirk if the team already has a #1 option on offense.

Greg Oden
07-06-2010, 01:38 PM
As a lead guy Dirk is definitely better. If a team needs a post presence Gasol would probably fit the bill better than Dirk if the team already has a #1 option on offense.

shut up faggot.

namlook
07-06-2010, 01:38 PM
shut up faggot.

^^^Good argument for abortion.

Greg Oden
07-06-2010, 01:39 PM
^^^Good argument for abortion.

God I can't stand you. I'm adding you to my ignore list, fagle.

BUMP
namlook you're going on my ignore list!

Greg Oden
lmaovictoriouso

namlook
07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Awesome! Thanks fagslurpers.

MavDynasty
07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
lololol ignore list lolololololol

BUMP
This message is hidden because namlook is on your ignore list

HAHA I SURE SHOWED HIM!!:downspin:

Greg Oden
culburn crew member in the house..

it's Imvictoriousao!

faggot

You're out, and you're staying out.

tee, hee

Greg Oden
Awesome! Thanks fagslurpers.

Sounds like you need some bitches and blunts!, tbh

namlook
07-06-2010, 01:43 PM
God I can't stand you. I'm adding you to my ignore list, fagle.

I can't stand your mother. She added me to her ignore list.

Stinky Paki
07-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Gasol just went back to back what Dirk got?

:lobt::lobt:

Greg Oden
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I can't stand your mother. She added me to her ignore list.

my sides are hurting from laughing so hard I might miss another season.

Giuseppe
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Greg Oden
07-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

It's what we do, me and you.

Our crew is a lot stronger now that we've gotten rid of the homos.

Lukor
07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Gasol's rings arent an argument. If Dirk had the teammates Gasol has(Kobe....) he would also have rings.
Gasol is the best #2 guy in the league,Dirk is the best offensive bigman since a very very long time. I don't think it's fair to compare them 1on1 in a situation where Gasol is on a much better team.
And before he went to LA Dirk pretty much owned Gasol. I really wouldnt compare them too much, even if it seems obvious.

Greg Oden
07-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Gasol's rings arent an argument. If Dirk had the teammates Gasol has(Kobe....) he would also have rings.
Gasol is the best #2 guy in the league,Dirk is the best offensive bigman since a very very long time. I don't think it's fair to compare them 1on1 in a situation where Gasol is on a much better team.
And before he went to LA Dirk pretty much owned Gasol. I really wouldnt compare them too much, even if it seems obvious.

Don't just stare at her asshole, I want you to eat it.

LakasRool4eva
07-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Pau is a champion & he more skilled then Dirk..................better defender 2..............probably would go with Pau...................

BadOdor
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Saying Pau>Dirk is like saying Manu>Dirk.....you have to be super retarded or a nazi sympathizer argy to believe something like that.

That being said, I wouldn't trade Pau for Dirk = he's a very good fit in the triangle.

badfish22
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
bad with the goods

Dex
07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Quite the riveting debate you have here.

BadOdor
07-06-2010, 06:46 PM
This debate goes to show you how important it is to have a good team.....

If Gasol doesn't go to the lakers, he remains a choking soft Euro who couldn't even win a single game in the playoffs.

namlook
07-06-2010, 07:56 PM
even a female has thicker skin to know better than having an ignore list, manlook :nope

People still haven't figured out the public ignore list was to mess with people and irritate the people on the list? :lmao

OWNED.

MavDynasty
07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
People still haven't figured out the public ignore list was to mess with people and irritate the people on the list? :lmao

OWNED.

sup butthurt

namlook
07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
sup butthurt

Four pinky rings for Dirk from the penny gumball machine. :lmao

MavDynasty
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM

sup butthurt

O.J Mayo
07-06-2010, 08:00 PM

You might be as funny as Rudy Gay's new contract.

namlook
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
You might be as funny as Rudy Gay's new contract.

And you might be as funny as OJ's prison sentence.

mingus
07-06-2010, 08:03 PM
depends on the make up of the team. if there's a solid defensive presence down low, then Dirk. as the Lakers are currently contstructed, though, i would say Gasol because he gives you the defensive presence that you lack when Bynum is injured, which is basically always. they can both score equally well most of the time, although Dirk's offensive peak is higher than Gasol's. basically, he could go for 40 or 35 more often than Gasol can, but generally they're pretty even. so they cancel eachother out there, esp. when you consider they would be getting around the same amount of shots if they played with Bryant.

it's not really an easy question to answer since they are two very different payers.

MavDynasty
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM

sup butthurt

O.J Mayo
07-06-2010, 08:06 PM

LOL you are so funny. I can't stop laughing. Do you plan to go into comedy? :lmao

ezau
07-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Like Bump's thread we will discuss who's better.

While Dirk is a good player and has a good shot you got to go with Gasol the best skilled big man and back to back champion.

Gasol is the best player in the NBA from outside the US.

Discuss.

Gasol is the perfect fit for the Lakers. Great passer, very skilled, and a tremendous post player. As good as he is, he never won a single playoff game when he was with Memphis. Dirk on the other hand, was two wins away from winning the LOB in 2006. Still, that doesn't take away the fact that Gasol has now won 2 LOBs compared to Dirk's 0.

ezau
07-06-2010, 08:24 PM

On paper, the 09-10 Mavs team is a very, very deep team. You just have a boneheaded coach IMHO

badfish22
07-06-2010, 08:29 PM
eh.

Along with Dirk, we had two others playing well in the PO's: Caron and Roddy. One of the players was messed with by the coach, and the other was taken completely out of the game by the coach. Jason Terry completly disappeared in the playoffs, but thats to be expected.
The thing that fucked us was Kidds mediocre play. Hard to blame Carlisle for that.
Next year, if we still rely on Kidd and Terry for so as much as we did last year, no one should expect us to make it far in the playoffs.

DPG21920
07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Gasol is not as skilled as Dirk on the offensive end. What the fuck are you talking about.

Dirk is a better scorer, but Gasol is pretty damn skilled if you look at every aspect of offense; post game, passing, ball-handling....

picc84
07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
depends on the make up of the team. if there's a solid defensive presence down low, then Dirk. as the Lakers are currently contstructed, though, i would say Gasol because he gives you the defensive presence that you lack when Bynum is injured, which is basically always. they can both score equally well most of the time, although Dirk's offensive peak is higher than Gasol's. basically, he could go for 40 or 35 more often than Gasol can, but generally they're pretty even. so they cancel eachother out there, esp. when you consider they would be getting around the same amount of shots if they played with Bryant.

it's not really an easy question to answer since they are two very different payers.

If you think they're close to equal in scoring, than Pau should get the edge since he's better at everything than Dirk.

I dont agree that they're equal in scoring, but if thats the stance you're taking than Gasol should win this hands down.

Greg Oden
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
What's sad is people actually giving this argument thought.

Booharv
07-06-2010, 09:56 PM

lol Gasol force down low. This guy was getting punked to the tune of of not even winning a game in the playoffs until he went to LA. If he was really a force he would have taken over some playoff games down the stretch and won a couple.

mingus
07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
If you think they're close to equal in scoring, than Pau should get the edge since he's better at everything than Dirk.

I dont agree that they're equal in scoring, but if thats the stance you're taking than Gasol should win this hands down.

i think on most nights they're equally good at scoring. like i said, though, Dirk can go for 35 or 40 more often than him. i think if Gasol got more touches he would be able to show more for his scoring ability.

LakasRool4eva
07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Dirk is a better scorer, but Gasol is pretty damn skilled if you look at every aspect of offense; post game, passing, ball-handling....
only thing dirk has on pau is shooting..................pau has him in everything else...................plus u just cant argue with da 'ships.............

MavDynasty
07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
only thing dirk has on pau is shooting..................pau has him in everything else...................plus u just cant argue with da 'ships.............

adam morrison>>malone stockton barkley

badfish22
07-07-2010, 12:19 AM
lakasrool4eva is a troll. He just has to be.

LakasRool4eva
07-07-2010, 12:23 AM
adam morrison>>malone stockton barkley

looks like somebody got butthurt over pau being da best PF in da league.... get in da gym and work on ya game son...............i dont have time 4 that weak stuff..................

clippasrool4eva
07-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Gasol and Dirk should get in da gym to work on dey game son, Elton Brand isn't in dis discussion because he went to da gym to work on his game, he's da best PF in da league.

DAF86
07-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Saying Pau>Dirk is like saying Manu>Dirk.....you have to be super retarded or a nazi sympathizer argy to believe something like that.

That being said, I wouldn't trade Pau for Dirk = he's a very good fit in the triangle.

Kobe top 3 of all time :lmao

TinTin
07-07-2010, 08:38 AM
What's sad is people actually giving this argument thought.

Dirk man, not even an argument here

Venti Quattro
07-07-2010, 10:58 AM
lol spain vs germany later

howbouthemspurs
07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
both are a couple of whiny bitches... They can never lead a team on their own