PDA

View Full Version : Movies: Do you laugh while your SO says aww?

PM5K
07-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Sort of a Seinfeld type observation but I notice that sometimes when watching movies I'm laughing while my SO is saying awww. So for example, Never Been Kissed, the part where Drew Barrymore is dressed up for prom and the guy is supposed to come pick her up in the limo, but then throws raw eggs at her, I'm laughing my ass of and she's saying awwww.

Anyone else run into that? Am I insensitive or isn't it supposed to be funny? I mean she is wearing a metallic pink dress...

Drachen
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Sort of a Seinfeld type observation but I notice that sometimes when watching movies I'm laughing while my SO is saying awww. So for example, Never Been Kissed, the part where Drew Barrymore is dressed up for prom and the guy is supposed to come pick her up in the limo, but then throws raw eggs at her, I'm laughing my ass of and she's saying awwww.

Anyone else run into that? Am I insensitive or isn't it supposed to be funny? I mean she is wearing a metallic pink dress...

My wife won't watch horror movies with me at all because I am usually laughing all the way through.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I fucking hate it when women do the whole "aaaaw" thing in movie theaters...

mrsmaalox
07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
That's why I prefer to watch movies alone. It's a personal experience for me and I don't like to be distracted by anyone else's experience.

JoeChalupa
07-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I roll with it.