PDA

View Full Version : Do not blame LeBron for the 1 hour special

MiamiHeat
07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
It's ESPN making it 1 hour long.

LeBron is simply going to just announce his decision with a small press conference, but it's ESPN who is milking this thing like if it was the draft or somethng.

Double-Up
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Be real...LeBron's camp contacted ESPN for this, the only good coming out of it is the money to charities.

Ashy Larry
07-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Be real...LeBron's camp contacted ESPN for this, the only good coming out of it is the money to charities.

that's the reason why I think he's staying in Cleveland. That would be fucked up to have sort of a charitable event and say "I'm ghost" in the process.

MiamiHeat
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM
that's the reason why I think he's staying in Cleveland. That would be fucked up to have sort of a charitable event and say "I'm ghost" in the process.

I believe he's staying in CLE too,

but you can also see it this way ;

LeBron announcing his joining of the Trio in Miami would make worldwide sporting news. his ego would love it. everyone would be shocked, and every damn sports station and sports forum from here to china would be talking about it.

Double-Up
07-07-2010, 09:50 AM
I believe he's staying in CLE too,

but you can also see it this way ;

LeBron announcing his joining of the Trio in Miami would make worldwide sporting news. his ego would love it. everyone would be shocked, and every damn sports station and sports forum from here to china would be talking about it.

If his ego is that large he's not gonna want to play second fiddle to Wade either. He knows if he goes to Miami that's how it'll end up.

sook
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM
why the fuck are you on Lecrab's nutsack?

Hes a fucking attention whore, how many FAs have held a press conf?

exactly.

Darrin
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I think he goes to Miami. There's too much there for him to pass up the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest collections in talent the league has ever seen. The '60s Boston Celtics, the '80s Los Angeles Lakers, the '90s Chicago Bulls, and the '10s Miami Heat. Pencil in 3 players to the All-Star Game every season, probably all as starters. For the next 10 years we would talk about them as title contenders every season. I may hate it in terms of competition (honestly, why build a team that is a runner-up to the Heat every season?) but it makes too much sense than the alternative to go play with Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, and Anderson Varejao. They could be one of the all-time great teams when all is said and done. Plus, he gets to play for Pat Riley (at least for a time) and that will make him a better player, a man who has won a Championship coaching Dwyane Wade in the past five years.

MiamiHeat
07-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I think he goes to Miami. There's too much there for him to pass up the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest collections in talent the league has ever seen. The '60s Boston Celtics, the '80s Los Angeles Lakers, the '90s Chicago Bulls, and the '10s Miami Heat. Pencil in 3 players to the All-Star Game every season, probably all as starters. For the next 10 years we would talk about them as title contenders every season. I may hate it in terms of competition (honestly, why build a team that is a runner-up to the Heat every season?) but it makes too much sense for him to go play with Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, and Anderson Varejao. They could be one of the all-time great teams when all is said and done. Plus, he gets to play for Pat Riley (at least for a time) and that will make him a better player, a man who has won a Championship coaching Dwyane Wade in the past five years.

you make great points

what about endorsements? wouldn't the Heat instantly become the most famous, bandwagon'd team in the world?

their endorsements would skyrocket, maybe even movie offers and crazy stuff like that.

i still think he stays in CLE though. i don't see him leaving his home town

pjjrfan
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
If I'm not mistaken Timmy held a press conf. to announce his staying with SA, If I remember he came out in his usual laid back attire, sat down said he's staying and left. But it was still a press conf.:lol:lol:lol

Darrin
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM
If I'm not mistaken Timmy held a press conf. to announce his staying with SA, If I remember he came out in his usual laid back attire, sat down said he's staying and left. But it was still a press conf.:lol:lol:lol

Rasheed Wallace had one in 2004 when he re-signed with the Pistons. Chris Webber had one when he re-signed with the Kings. It's not unusual. It's just not usually broadcast with a special on ESPN.

Darrin
07-07-2010, 10:23 AM
you make great points

what about endorsements? wouldn't the Heat instantly become the most famous, bandwagon'd team in the world?

their endorsements would skyrocket, maybe even movie offers and crazy stuff like that.

i still think he stays in CLE though. i don't see him leaving his home town

Absolutely they would be everyone's favorite. I forget what role player said it (I think Jack Haley) that traveling with Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, and Michael Jordan wasn't just a three-ring circus, it was like traveling with the Beatles. Every city they were greeted as kings returning to their throne. They transcended the sport. Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are two of the biggest names in the sporting world. This would be like the 90s Bulls in terms of coverage. This would be what Tiger Woods is to golf. What the '00s Yankees were to baseball.

If he loves media attention, the spotlight would be on them for a long time. At the same time, the flip-side is that this is the expectation--one of the great teams. And if he doesn't want the pressure of needing to match Magic and Kobe, Shaq and Duncan, Jordan and Russell in terms of Championships, this is the bad place to go. In Cleveland he would be a hero to win one, he would have a great foil in Miami to measure himself against (stay motivated), and he'd have cover if the Cavs miss the Finals, but run into Miami. But this would be a different legacy and we would be able to compare the two Lebrons--the one where he carried the Cavaliers to their first NBA Finals and the one where he joined forces with Wade and Bosh and became one of the best tandems in NBA history.

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm surprised Lebron isn't considering the Knicks at all. Maybe he ain't the ideal sidekick but Amare Stoudemire is the best available sidekick for Lebron right now.

coyotes_geek
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I think he goes to Miami. There's too much there for him to pass up the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest collections in talent the league has ever seen. The '60s Boston Celtics, the '80s Los Angeles Lakers, the '90s Chicago Bulls, and the '10s Miami Heat. Pencil in 3 players to the All-Star Game every season, probably all as starters. For the next 10 years we would talk about them as title contenders every season. I may hate it in terms of competition (honestly, why build a team that is a runner-up to the Heat every season?) but it makes too much sense than the alternative to go play with Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, and Anderson Varejao. They could be one of the all-time great teams when all is said and done. Plus, he gets to play for Pat Riley (at least for a time) and that will make him a better player, a man who has won a Championship coaching Dwyane Wade in the past five years.

If Lebron were going to go to Miami then Wade and Bosh wouldn't have announced their intentions ahead of Lebron's announcement.

coyotes_geek
07-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm surprised Lebron isn't considering the Knicks at all. Maybe he ain't the ideal sidekick but Amare Stoudemire is the best available sidekick for Lebron right now.

Agreed. I think he's heading to the knicks.

Darrin
07-07-2010, 10:36 AM
If Lebron were going to go to Miami then Wade and Bosh wouldn't have announced their intentions ahead of Lebron's announcement.

Unless they wanted to make it "official" so that Lebron was without the guessing game of whether he was going there or not. This time yesterday Miami was out of the running.

coyotes_geek
07-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Unless they wanted to make it "official" so that Lebron was without the guessing game of whether he was going there or not. This time yesterday Miami was out of the running.

Still disagree. If they were all 3 going to Miami there would have either been one big press conference for all 3 guys, or Lebron would get to make his announcement first.

Darrin
07-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Still disagree. If they were all 3 going to Miami there would have either been one big press conference for all 3 guys, or Lebron would get to make his announcement first.

They can do both. He can announce in a one-hour special and have a Shaq-like welcome to Miami when he can actually sign tomorrow. More media coverage, a week of it.

Sportcamper
07-07-2010, 10:44 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:5d114DnSD5indM:http://www.sonicey.com/images/lebomb_james.jpg

Worship Me

Darrin
07-07-2010, 10:51 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:5d114DnSD5indM:http://www.sonicey.com/images/lebomb_james.jpg

Worship Me

I like this one better.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2009/11/19/8_garnett__1258644599_1550.jpg

Sportcamper
07-07-2010, 10:51 AM
LOL@ Garnett...He didn't quite have it down...

Spurminator
07-07-2010, 10:52 AM
ESPN has driven the hype machine and it's only fitting that they would devote an hour to the announcement.

Do you think they'll have Ryan Seacrest host? Do you think they'll bring out the GMs from the top contenders onto a lighted stage with ominous music and eliminate one before each commercial break? I wonder who the musical guest is?

Yes, LeBron is a diva but there aren't a lot of people who wouldn't be after receiving 10 years of slobbering sports media attention.

Darrin
07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
ESPN has driven the hype machine and it's only fitting that they would devote an hour to the announcement.

Do you think they'll have Ryan Seacrest host? Do you think they'll bring out the GMs from the top contenders onto a lighted stage with ominous music and eliminate one before each commercial break? I wonder who the musical guest is?

:lol:lol

namlook
07-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Lebron stays in Cleveland. It would be in bad taste for him to have a one hour special to announce he's leaving his team and hometown. His advisors wouldn't allow it.

MiamiHeat
07-07-2010, 10:58 AM

You know those times when you have a friend who says the exact opposite of common sense that you wonder why you are friends with such a dumbass?

Yeah, that's you.

The ONLY way LeBron would accept going to Miami, would be to remain "The King"....

so if Wade and Bosh humbly announce BEFORE LeBron, then LeBron gets to be the "Big Decision", where will the best player go?

The spotlight is on him, not shared with anyone else.

That would be THE way to get him to go to Miami. So you are way off.

easy7
07-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Lebron is going to lecrab his ass sideways past the Heat and stay with his hommies in Cleveland. :hat

Killakobe81
07-07-2010, 12:51 PM

Yes, LeBron is a diva but there aren't a lot of people who wouldn't be after receiving 10 years of slobbering sports media attention.

Lebron is a media whore with a HUGE ego ...

These guys: Kobe, KG, jeter, Brady may not be attention whores, but their EGOS are huge ... many of the greats are ...

but they have won a title Lebron needs to win a title in Cleveland win another and they set his sights on MJ title wise ... NOT media wise.

howbouthemspurs
07-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Lebron is an obvious attention whore, even more than Kobe!

coyotes_geek
07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
You know those times when you have a friend who says the exact opposite of common sense that you wonder why you are friends with such a dumbass?

Yeah, that's you.

The ONLY way LeBron would accept going to Miami, would be to remain "The King"....

so if Wade and Bosh humbly announce BEFORE LeBron, then LeBron gets to be the "Big Decision", where will the best player go?

The spotlight is on him, not shared with anyone else.

That would be THE way to get him to go to Miami. So you are way off.

We'll find out tomorrow night.

Killakobe81
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Really the truly humble NBA players are few and far between duncan is probably the best player who has stayed (mostly) humble of this generation ...

rr2418
07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
It's ESPN making it 1 hour long.

LeBron is simply going to just announce his decision with a small press conference, but it's ESPN who is milking this thing like if it was the draft or somethng.

Sure I do! He's not contracted to ESPN to have that press conference. That's why I hope he never wins a championship. Who cares where he plays. He probably knew a week ago.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Fuck that. I'm not missing Burn Notice for his bullshit.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Lebron stays in Cleveland. It would be in bad taste for him to have a one hour special to announce he's leaving his team and hometown. His advisors wouldn't allow it.

What if his advisers advised against it, but he ignored their decision?..

rr2418
07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Lebron is an obvious attention whore, even more than Kobe!

I agree! Never thought I would see someone want more attention than Kobe. At least Kobe has rings, how many does Prince James have? :lol

coyotes_geek
07-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Fuck that. I'm not missing Burn Notice for his bullshit.

+1

Pretty sure it's not going to take more than 2 seconds of flipping over to ESPN during a commercial break to find out what happened.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2010, 01:24 PM
How many Pau Gasols does King James have?..

bostonguy
07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
While I fully expect Bron to resign with the Cavs, other than money and it being his hometown...there is nothing left for him to do with that team. The Cavs can't land big names and that proved itself yet again yesterday. How is Bron going to win a title without a legit #2 sidekick? Management has tried for 6 years to get Bron a sidekick and the best they could get him were Mo Williams, a broken down Shaq, and a 33 year old Jamison.

If Bron really thinks he can build a winner in Cleveland, then good for him. His prime years are going to waste away with that organization. If he staying for money, it's a business so thats understandable.

gmartin02
07-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Why not blame that stupid attention grabbing playoff choker. Directly from ESPN's website:

"Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard representatives for James contacted the network, proposing the idea of a dedicated special. The sources said James' representatives requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the broadcast, and ESPN agreed to the proposal."

Fuck LeBron - This is the only way he could get on TV after May this year. Self hyping ass hole.

monosylab1k
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
He got Antawn. Just as good.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao