PDA

View Full Version : Boca Burgers

InRareForm
07-07-2010, 01:26 PM
These aren't too bad. Don't know what is in them, but I'm saving calories :toast

IronMexican
07-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Soy.

I eat them every now and then. Morning Star are a lot better, but come with a lot less for the same price.

InRareForm
07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Usually when something is low on calories/fat, there is usually tons of sodium, but not in Boca products, what gives? how do they taste good still?

v2freak
07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm a vegetarian so I eat them quite often. I think IronMexican is right, they're soy.

IronMexican
07-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm a vegetarian so I eat them quite often. I think IronMexican is right, they're soy.

You never buy Morning Star?

JoeChalupa
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I haven't tried those but I have been making turkey burgers lately.

v2freak
07-07-2010, 02:38 PM
You never buy Morning Star?

I don't know if they're Morning Star. My school serves 'em and cooks them in an oven where they cook their pizzas or something (they make a big deal about cooking them on a separate grill)

mrsmaalox
07-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I like the plain Bocas; but the flavored ones are not very good.

PuttPutt
07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Morning Star chipotle black bean burgers are really good.

InRareForm
07-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Morning Star chipotle black bean burgers are really good.

I will try those this week :hat

CuckingFunt
07-07-2010, 11:32 PM
I used to like the Boca "chicken" patties, but I've never really liked the burgers.

My current favorites are the Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie patties, Asian Veggie patties, and fake chicken patties (they call them chick, or chik'n, or something equally silly). I miss the Gardenburger Herb Crusted Cutlets, though. Those were my very favorite of the frozen meatless patty options, but I haven't seen them available anywhere for more than three years so have to assume they were discontinued.

Veterinarian
07-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I used to like the Boca "chicken" patties, but I've never really liked the burgers.

My current favorites are the Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie patties, Asian Veggie patties, and fake chicken patties (they call them chick, or chik'n, or something equally silly). I miss the Gardenburger Herb Crusted Cutlets, though. Those were my very favorite of the frozen meatless patty options, but I haven't seen them available anywhere for more than three years so have to assume they were discontinued.

It figures that an ultra hip/trendy jackass like you would be into veganism/vegetarianism.

CuckingFunt
07-07-2010, 11:41 PM
It figures that an ultra hip/trendy jackass like you would be into veganism/vegetarianism.

Far from it. I eat veal (mmmmmmmmm, delicious baby cow), for goodness sake. The vegetarian/vegan patties are just a yummy thing to keep around the house when you don't have a lot of time to cook.

AnthonyM
07-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I haven't tried those but I have been making turkey burgers lately.

Turkey burgers are really good...I think I like turkey better than most red meats...

Although, turkey burgers aren't the healthiest thing out there, they still are a better alternative to red meats...

IronMexican
07-08-2010, 01:14 AM
http://www.morningstarfarms.com/product_detail.aspx?family=366&id=324

You guys should try the crumbles. They are great to make things like Hamburger Helper, Spaghetti, Lasagna, and the likes with. I made some pretty good ground beef with potatoes and diced jalapenos today for dinner.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Ingredients: WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, REDUCED FAT CHEDDAR CHEESE (PASTEURIZED PART-SKIM MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SLAT, ENZYMES, ANNATTO (COLOR), VITAMIN A PALMITATE), WHEAT GLUTEN, CORN OIL, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF METHYLCELLULOSE, HYDROLYZED CORN PROTEIN, WHEAT GLUTEN AND SOY PROTEIN, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, CHEESE POWDER (CHEDDAR CHEESE, [MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SALT, ENZYMES], CREAM, SALT, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTIC ACID), DRIED ONIONS, YEAST EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVOR (NON-MEAT), SESAME OIL, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE. BROWNED IN CORN OIL. CONTAINS: SOY, MILK, WHEAT, SESAME.

Mmm. Sounds delish. :lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
07-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah. The hydrolyzed corn protein has me puzzled. I tend to gravitate to edibles I can pronounce and contain less than 2 consonants in a row per ingredient. Call me crazy.

IronMexican
07-08-2010, 10:50 AM
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729

Viva Las Espuelas
07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Gotta love the 8bit bitchslap

The Gemini Method
07-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Gotta love the 8bit bitchslap

If you squint, that 8-bit bitchslap resembles your shit after eating them veggie burgers ;)

Viva Las Espuelas
07-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Complete with words?!

BlackSwordsMan
07-08-2010, 12:14 PM
what # is a boca burger at mcdonalds? I wanna try one

CosmicCowboy
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I like 85/15 ground beef with lots of worchestershire and fajita seasoning added.

bridgetbbyxo
07-08-2010, 12:41 PM
what # is a boca burger at mcdonalds? I wanna try one

mcdonalds doesnt have veggie burgers in the us as far as i know, BK does tho

The Gemini Method
07-08-2010, 12:53 PM
^^ I'll have what the girl in the avatar is offering ahha.

IronMexican
07-08-2010, 01:24 PM
BK veggie burgers are pretty nasty.

panic giraffe
07-08-2010, 04:46 PM
the bk veggie is just a morningstar patty.

its pretty gross depending on how you order it.

i usually get the crispy onions, cheddar, and a1 on it, and it has a decent flavor. the way they serve it without changing it is bad. they put gobs of mayo, ketchup, lto, and no cheese, on a morningstar patty...yuck.

personally i'm not a fan of boca, most of their lineup is vegan instead of morningstar who is mainly veggie, which is good on boca's part. i just don't like products that try to hard to taste like meat. its ok if your a new veggie, but after 10 plus years you lose the taste for blood. besides, anything from tofurky beats all that shit.

The Gemini Method
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
If you're in the SoCal area and like a good/great vegeterian restaurant, there is a place called the Veggie Grill in Irvine and L.A. that serves up a great chicketn (faux) sandwich. One of my ex-gfs is a devout vegan and she pretty much knows the world of non-meat food and she always loves this. I, a devout carnivore, do agree with her as it is almost too chicken-like.

mrsmaalox
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
BK veggie burgers are pretty nasty.

That pretty much goes for anything at BK. Yuck.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-08-2010, 08:40 PM
That pretty much goes for anything at BK. Yuck.
you know. i was never a big bk fan. they weren't in san antonio when i was growing up so that might be the reason for that. i only experienced bk once i got to dallas. anyway, me and some friends went through the drive thru and one person only got a burger. the smell that permeated from that bag was pretty horrendous. i actually got a little nauseous. it smelt like someone actually shat in the car.

CuckingFunt
07-09-2010, 12:23 AM
I hate Burger King. Always have. I stopped at one during my drive cross country for a pee break, however, and discovered they now serve a Coke Icee. I still have no interest in their food, but Pepsi and/or Coke in Icee form is heaven and it alone may soon be worth a stop by the drive thru.

Squirrly
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Morning Star are a lot better
I hear that!

bridgetbbyxo
07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
but i like bk... alot :(

InRareForm
07-09-2010, 07:38 PM
tryed the morningstar spicy blackbean. I like it. Not great, but good!

Crumbles I will try next!

IronMexican
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Chick'n is the shit. Try that next.