07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
jadande Boozer to Bulls is "done deal"

http://twitter.com/espn/nba

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 03:55 PM
lol Bulls

Spurs Brazil
07-07-2010, 03:55 PM
chadfordinsider Bulls agree to 5 yr, $80 mil deal with Carlos Boozer. Bulls still have enough cap space to sign a max player.

ducks
07-07-2010, 03:56 PM
boozer is not a bad player not max due to his height

DesignatedT
07-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Boozer will fit in nicely.

Giuseppe
07-07-2010, 03:58 PM
The Bulls ended up with the shit sandwich.

ha, ha.

badfish22
07-07-2010, 03:59 PM
lol bulls

Just think, a week ago they thought Bosh and Lebron were a done deal.

lol tacker

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 04:02 PM
lol people who think John Paxson is a good GM

Been GM of the Bulls since 2003 and all he has to show for it is a 2nd round appearance in a shit stained leastern conference.

ffadicted
07-07-2010, 04:04 PM
bulls are a good SG away from a legit starting lineup

Rose
???
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Still though, gotta laff @ the wade/bosh/lebron/johnson/amare ecstacy ending up as boozer

DesignatedT
07-07-2010, 04:04 PM
so what's new jersey going to do? lee? lol

Giuseppe
07-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Boozer will make you sorry every single time. He's fool's gold. He's too gd short.

BUMP
07-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Boozer will make you sorry every single time. He's fool's gold. He's too gd short.

sons whats up with you hating every single free agent out there?

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Who doesn't hate Carlos Boozer? That guy is one of the most evil souls on this planet.

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2010, 04:11 PM
What does this mean for Utah? They are likely to lose both Boozer and Korver and only have the exceptions to work with to better their team. Any chance that Chicago does Utah a favor and offers a trade exception with a S&T in Boozer's new deal? If not, the competition in the West is continuing to diminish.

Giuseppe
07-07-2010, 04:12 PM
sons whats up with you hating every single free agent out there?

I won't be fit company till this Amare deal is done and Lee stays East of Arizona.

I'm just raw, BUMP.

Magdalena M
07-07-2010, 04:13 PM
The Bulls still have enough cap space available to add another free agent.

It's starting to look like New Jersey could get shut out of the top tier free agent market completely.

Goran Dragic
Cully, I know you want nothing to do with me, but, why the fuck are you scared of David Lee coming to Phoenix? They made the playoffs last year because Amare kicked it into high gear post AS break and bailed them out when they looked like a lottery team. David Lee wouldn't be able to do that. They still probably miss the playoffs with David Lee.

JamStone
Wow, that's like flirting with Jessica Alba, she takes you back to her place, and when you get there she asks you to take in the ass from her husband so she can just watch and not even participate...

ducks
07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
What does this mean for Utah? They are likely to lose both Boozer and Korver and only have the exceptions to work with to better their team. Any chance that Chicago does Utah a favor and offers a trade exception with a S&T in Boozer's new deal? If not, the competition in the West is continuing to diminish.

paul misap is cheaper then boozer
3 staight years boozer could not stop lakers
jazz had to try something different

Giuseppe
07-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Cully, I know you want nothing to do with me,

You're right, and until you admit to standing me up at the Chuckbox and apologize for doing it I'll continue to want nothing to do with you, Duncan. This ain't this Board nonsense. This is real life and you were wrong.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Good signing for the Bulls..

Boozer has a lot of flaws as a player, but he's still productive..they weren't going to get anybody better, since the big-name players have forgotten about them..they still have more money to get even better..

While Boozer has always been a shitty defender, Utah never helped him out by putting a defensive player next to him..Mehmet Okur just compounded the problem..Noah is skinny, but having him next to Boozer to make up for his shortcomings is significant IMO..

We'll see what they get next..

The East is really going hard, the West is looking weaker by the day..

Jeremy
07-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Cully, I know you want nothing to do with me, but, why the fuck are you scared of David Lee coming to Phoenix? They made the playoffs last year because Amare kicked it into high gear post AS break and bailed them out when they looked like a lottery team. David Lee wouldn't be able to do that. They still probably miss the playoffs with David Lee.

But how did the Suns have so much success in the playoffs with Amare playing like crap?

Kamnik
07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I think this is a good deal for the Bulls...

Noah and Boozer is a good combo when you think about it. And with Rose developing into a legit star they have a great relatively young core which they can soround with role players.

Boozer is undersized and all but I think they spent their money at the right position...

panic giraffe
07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhTh1qkA2AQEF9EVfKm483S8vLYF?slug=ys-boozerbulls070710

guess this means no bron bron in the windy shitty.

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 04:23 PM
But how did the Suns have so much success in the playoffs with Amare playing like crap?

Did you not watch the playoffs? Teams were double teaming Amare to stop him from scoring and opening up the court for everyone else. Teams won't have to double team David Lee to limit him. You, and every other retarded Nash homer (and yes, you can say otherwise, but you're as much of a Nash homer as anyone) seem to think the offense won't miss a beat as long as they have Steve Nash. Their halfcourt offense goes to absolute shit without Amare.

PS - Amare averaged 22.2 points on 52% shooting in the playoffs. Good luck expecing David Lee to draw the double teams and attention Amare drew while putting up those numbers.

BUMP
I won't be fit company till this Amare deal is done and Lee stays East of Arizona.

I'm just raw, BUMP.

As tempting as it is to crucify Boozer and send him to the tree of woe, he has run into the Laker brick wall three years in a row and won't have to deal with a frontline like LA's in the East. I think it's a solid move for Chicago

mingus
great signing. they've got a legit team going if they can get a good sg.

Jeremy
07-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Did you not watch the playoffs? Teams were double teaming Amare to stop him from scoring and opening up the court for everyone else. Teams won't have to double team David Lee to limit him. You, and every other retarded Nash homer (and yes, you can say otherwise, but you're as much of a Nash homer as anyone) seem to think the offense won't miss a beat as long as they have Steve Nash. Their halfcourt offense goes to absolute shit without Amare.

PS - Amare averaged 22.2 points on 52% shooting in the playoffs. Good luck expecing David Lee to draw the double teams and attention Amare drew while putting up those numbers.

Double teams does not give Amare an excuse to grab only 3 rebounds in huge playoff games.

ducks
07-07-2010, 04:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhTh1qkA2AQEF9EVfKm483S8vLYF?slug=ys-boozerbulls070710

guess this means no bron bron in the windy shitty.

they have cap space for max james still

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Double teams does not give Amare an excuse to grab only 3 rebounds in huge playoff games.

:lmao that's all you have to say? You're just gonna harp on a bad rebounding game while ignoring how much of a downgrade offensively David Lee is?

Answer the question: Do you think David Lee averages 22 points on 52% shooting in the playoffs while drawing as much attention as Amare drew?

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2010, 04:31 PM
isnt rudy gay still on the market?

how about mike miller?

now all they need is a bench

Jeremy
07-07-2010, 04:34 PM
:lmao that's all you have to say? You're just gonna harp on a bad rebounding game while ignoring how much of a downgrade offensively David Lee is?

Answer the question: Do you think David Lee averages 22 points on 52% shooting in the playoffs while drawing as much attention as Amare drew?

No, but like you said, he won't be drawing as much attention as Amare. Offense has never been a problem for the Suns.

In the WCF, Amare had one great game--Game 3, 42/11 on 14-22 FG. It was his ONLY double-digit rebounding game of the WCF.

In the biggest games of the series, Amare had 19/4 in Game 5 and 27/4 on 7-20 FG in Game 6.

JamStone
07-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I think this has more consequence for Deron Williams after the 2011-12 season when he becomes a free agent. Dallas should have max cap space available that off season, even though Dirk will be on his last legs.

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2010, 04:37 PM
paul misap is cheaper then boozer
3 staight years boozer could not stop lakers
jazz had to try something different

Milsap is an underrated player for sure and has a decent future in the league, but wouldn't you say that the Boozer situation in Utah is eerily similar to our situation with Jefferson? While Boozer is not the best player for the Jazz (and arguably is not worth the deal offered by Chicago), he is better than anything that they would be able to get with their exceptions.

Anyways, I just feel that Utah with Boozer AND Milsap is far better than Utah with only Milsap. Regardless though, it wasn't likely that they were going to get by the elite in the West with him so you are right that it was in Utah's best interest to try something different.

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Offense has never been a problem for the Suns.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So this means that losing their leading scorer won't be an issue at all? What the fuck makes you think the Suns magically become a good defensive team?

In 2007 when Amare was suspended for game 5, and the Suns only scored 41 2nd half points, would you say offense wasn't a problem :lmao?

In 2006 when Amare was injured and the Suns blew a huge lead against Dallas in a must win game because they only scored 42 2nd half points, would you say offense wasn't a problem :lmao?

TheSpursFNRule
07-07-2010, 04:39 PM
this is actually a really good deal for the Bulls. Boozer is a hell of a player and will fit in nicely next to Noah. Not to mention they still have room to sign more players even if there not "superstars". Big time LOL at everyone acting like this is a bad signing because they didn't get D-Wade or Lebron. Bulls are building a real nice team here, give them credit.

j.dizzle
07-07-2010, 04:40 PM
LOL western conference, might as well call it the Lakers Conference now hahaha im actually gonna enjoy watching some eastern conference games next season. Chicago should be a fun team to watch.

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I Hope the SUNS get LEE!!! Just think, with him anchoring the paint, WE'LL BE DEFENSIVE BEASTS LIKE THE KNICKS WERE LAST YEAR!!!!

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 04:41 PM
LOL western conference, might as well call is the Lakers Conference now hahaha im actually gonna enjoy watching some eastern conference games next season.

:lmao delusional Lakerfan the Suns are getting D to the L to the DOUBLE E (D fuckin LEE), we'll be defensive beats with an undersized honky at PF! YALL ARE FUCKED!

redzero
07-07-2010, 04:43 PM
It would be funny if the Suns got Lee now, with DoK talking shit about him so much.

j.dizzle
07-07-2010, 04:44 PM
:lmao delusional Lakerfan the Suns are getting D to the L to the DOUBLE E (D fuckin LEE), we'll be defensive beats with an undersized honky at PF! YALL ARE FUCKED!
:toast

badfish22
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
http://news-pictures.broadband-finder.co.uk/3+mobile_959_18827162_0_0_13122_300.jpg

http://kcinvestmentproperty.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/rebound.jpg

http://yalibnan.com/site/archives/2008/04/25/ecstasy%202.jpg

TheSpursFNRule
07-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Boozer>Bosh? I can't be....

redzero
07-07-2010, 04:52 PM

Don't worry, you are.

Jeremy
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So this means that losing their leading scorer won't be an issue at all? What the fuck makes you think the Suns magically become a good defensive team?

In 2007 when Amare was suspended for game 5, and the Suns only scored 41 2nd half points, would you say offense wasn't a problem :lmao?

In 2006 when Amare was injured and the Suns blew a huge lead against Dallas in a must win game because they only scored 42 2nd half points, would you say offense wasn't a problem :lmao?

Are you serious?!?! The Suns were running on FUMES in the second half of both of those games, due to D'Antoni's refusal to use a bench or develop any depth.

badfish22
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Boozer>Bosh?

yup

TheSpursFNRule
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Don't worry, you are.

:lol:toast

TheSpursFNRule
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
It would be funny if the Suns got Lee now, with DoK talking shit about him so much.

Your signature is priceless.

BullsDynasty
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM

You are right, Bosh got his numbers because he was the best player on his team. I can guarantee you that wont happen in Miami. Boozer however was still able to get good numbers 20/10 playing alongside their best player Deron Williams, so you can expect him to have the same stat in Chicago.

Bosh doesn't average much more than Boozer in points anyways, boozer has the edge defensively.

baseline bum
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
That's a bargain compared to what Amare got.

TheSpursFNRule
07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
You are right, Bosh got his numbers because he was the best player on his team. I can guarantee you that wont happen in Miami. Boozer however was still able to get good numbers 20/10 playing alongside their best player Deron Williams, so you can expect him to have the same stat in Chicago.

Bosh doesn't average much more than Boozer in points anyways, boozer has the edge defensively.

I just feel that Boozers post game is all around more efficient than CB's. I know CB has the better jump shot but when Boozer is on his is nothing to scoff at. For the Bulls this is an EXCELLENT deal. He will work so well next to Noah as primarily a PF.

j.dizzle
07-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Bosh is better but Boozer will give the Bulls some offense & now he has Noah eating up offensive boards when he misses his little jumpshots. Good move for Chi IMO. 1 more nice piece & they'll be a nice little team.

BullsDynasty
07-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Why would Boozer accepting less than the Max? is something going down?

badfish22
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Why would Boozer accepting less than the Max?
Because hes not a max player.

is something going down?
no

Killakobe81
07-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Good signing for the Bulls..

Boozer has a lot of flaws as a player, but he's still productive..they weren't going to get anybody better, since the big-name players have forgotten about them..they still have more money to get even better..

While Boozer has always been a shitty defender, Utah never helped him out by putting a defensive player next to him..Mehmet Okur just compounded the problem..Noah is skinny, but having him next to Boozer to make up for his shortcomings is significant IMO..

We'll see what they get next..

The East is really going hard, the West is looking weaker by the day..

There you go ...Harlem ...now THAT is why you got my vote.
solid post.
That blind kobe hate in the other thread almost made me wish I could take it back ...if it mattered.

LOL .. I kid.

07-07-2010, 05:23 PM
interesting. boozer is not a bad consolation prize and they already have a defensive center in noah so boozer's defensive lapses won't be so evident like on utah. if the bulls can secure lebron, then it's on.

The Gemini Method
07-07-2010, 05:25 PM
If the Bulls land both Boozer and LeBron...that would be an epic battle vs Wadosh...wouldn't it?

ducks
07-07-2010, 05:25 PM

no

is amare a max player who was the third leading rebounder on the suns last year

BullsDynasty
07-07-2010, 05:27 PM
The Bulls were ranked 1st in rebounding last year, adding Boozer will make them even better. Teams are going to have a nightmare against the Bulls grabbing boards.

Brazil
07-07-2010, 05:28 PM
it's a good signing for the bulls and IMO the contract is nothing but fair 80 / 5 compared to what we have seen so far is a good number.

rjv
07-07-2010, 05:28 PM
scratch jazz and suns from contenders list.

Killakobe81
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
The Bulls were ranked 1st in rebounding last year, adding Boozer will make them even better. Teams are going to have a nightmare against the Bulls grabbing boards.

Great point. they just need a top flight shooter ...

Brazil
07-07-2010, 05:32 PM

+1 add to that an improved Noah next year, its a nice team in the making.

Ashy Larry
07-07-2010, 05:35 PM
espn may be shitty at times, but I love that you can listen to their radio stations is different cities ....... Boozer gets signed and the people are still freaking out. If Chicago pulled LeBron out of their asses, that would be a nice nucleus ........

LeBron
Rose
Boozer
Noah
Deng

not bad

badfish22
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM

Amare>Boozer

Goran Dragic
07-07-2010, 05:38 PM
lol saying the Bulls were the top rebounding team last year

Brazil
Amare>Boozer

I'd take anyway a 80 M booker vs. a 120 amare

Magdalena M
If Boozer took less money to allow the Bulls to get Lebron, there are going to be some really angry fans in Cleveland. The same ones already mad at him for going to Utah for more money!

Greg Oden
07-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Neither was Joe Johnson's choking ass or Rudy fucking Gay.

badfish22
07-07-2010, 05:40 PM
I'd take anyway a 80 M booker vs. a 120 amare

Thats not what im arguing. Im just saying Boozer is not a max player.

The knicks could have offered Amare or Boozer a max deal. They made the right choice.

j.dizzle
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Jesus Shuttlesworth & Mike Miller are gonna get some pretty good offers now IMO. Bulls need a nice three point shooter now & they'll be set.

JamStone
07-07-2010, 05:58 PM

What any one team offers you is your value.

If Boozer got an offer for the full max, do you think he'd take less to go to the Bulls? Let's just assume that the Jazz, Nets and Clippers were smart enough not to offer Boozer a $100 million contract.

BullsDynasty
07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
lol saying the Bulls were the top rebounding team last year

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byteam?cat1=Total&cat2=team&sort=233

JMarkJohns
07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Jesus Shuttlesworth & Mike Miller are gonna get some pretty good offers now IMO. Bulls need a nice three point shooter now & they'll be set.

They can net younger players in Redick, Outlaw and Korver who are just as good at three point shooting, will be for longer, and signing Redick and Korver would bring some solid playoff experience. They'd be buying lower with Redick. Also, I think the Bulls should go after Randy Foye while his value is low. Play him as backup PG for a dozen minutes a game and as Redick's backup for another dozen, look to build up his value and trade him down the road. I think if the Bulls offer a 5-year, 20/23 million deal it's reasonable for his talent/production, leaves the contract attractive enough in the future, and with Washington drafting Wall, and adding he and Hinrich to Arenas, I don't think the Wizards match.

They need younger perimeter depth, both in off-dribble scoring and screen shooting and that what the signings of Redick, Korver (or Outlaw) and Foye bring.

BullsDynasty
07-07-2010, 06:12 PM
How come you didn't start this thread? Feeling a little woozy...:lmao

Because he beat me to it asshole.

angelbelow
07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
lol owned

BullsDynasty
07-07-2010, 06:47 PM
lol owned

How's that owned? Ownage would be if a team like the Heat, Nets or Knicks who broke up they're entire team just for Free agency fail to get a good player out of it. Bulls have had max slot since last year, adding anyone no matter who would only be a bonus......

picc84
07-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Bet they wish they could get Hinrich back now.

Chieflion
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Good signing, and finally someone who is not that overpaid. Now, all the Bulls have to hope for is LeBron to choose them.

angelbelow
07-07-2010, 08:44 PM

lol boozer is push off central.

Jacob1983
07-07-2010, 10:27 PM
A Bulls team with Boozer might be dangerous next year in the playoffs if they do make the playoffs. Boozer is a lot better player than he is given credit for.