PDA

View Full Version : I quit

Walton Buys Off Me
05-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I simply cannot continue to support a group a guys that have absolutely no pride, no balls and no fucking heart. The Seattle Sonics have disrespected us from a physical standpoint and have completely ridiculed us in the press and yet this team (for lack of a better word) cannot find the motivation required to merely compete, let alone defeat a squad playing without two of their top three players?

I have never been so disgusted in the fifteen years that I've been a fan and that includes the shock and awe that was 2001 vs. the Lakers. When I think of professional sports, competition, heart and pride come to mind and this team sorely lacks all of that and then some. With the exception of Tim Duncan and possibly Robert Horry, no ONE player came to Key Arena and played with anything resembling passion and that at the professional level is completely and totally inexcusable. Tony Parker drove the lane three times all evening- further reinforcing the fact that when confronted with anything resembling physical defense, he's more French than a beret and a baguette.

It's not about losing, it's not even about losing to a short-handed team. It's about the fact that after all the talk, all the hard fouls, all the bullshit from this loser Seattle team, we just tuck our tails and phone it in- IN A PLAYOFF GAME. As a fan, I can't accept that. I can't accept guys like Brent Barry and Tony Parker being paid millions to not even break a sweat.

I've been a fan since 1990, and today, I just can't do it anymore. The game of basketball, it's pampered primadonna 'stars', it's inconsistent refereeing, it's whining after every foul has just lost a fan of fifteen years.

Some will read this and not give a fuck- hell I wouldn't either. To most of you, this will just be a post-game rant after a horrible loss. But for a guy that loves to watch players like Rodney Harrison, Ray Lewis, Steve Yzerman and David Robinson, I can no longer support a team that features the likes of Rasho Nesterovic and Brent Barry- guys that don't possess a competitive bone in their bodies.

The story of the series- much like that of last year- the opposing team gets physical and their Spurs' players lose their nuts and their coach makes no adjustments. Guys stand around with their thumbs in their asses while all one hundred and forty five pounds of Luke Ridnour goes through our team like a hot knife through butter and nobody GIVES A FUCK.

I'm taking off my silver and black jersey and I'm never going to put it on again.

May the best team win.

Later.

E20
05-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Walton and is lying and for some reason when I read one of his posts Bill Walton's voice says the stuff in my head.

Man In Black
05-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Well...now that was RASH & IMPETUOUS.

Nephets
05-15-2005, 09:06 PM
We don't want you if you're going to act like that.

Spurs fans are just spoiled, what if you were a Knicks fan? Your team wouldn't even make it past the first round let alone make it into the playoffs.

When we win game 5 you'll come crawling back.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Very well said.

SPARKY
05-15-2005, 09:08 PM
It's hard to defend an effort like that today.

Tobias
05-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Omygosh! This is the first time the Spurs have EVER blown a series lead! :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2005, 09:09 PM
There's a lot of thing that I agree with in walton's post, but I am not quitting.

Even though the Sonics should have been swept, the Spurs somehow will find a way to win game 5.

texbumTHElife
05-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Thats an extra seat for my beer on Tuesday!

Aggie Hoopsfan
I don't know about the quitting drama...

But he's spot on in his criticism of the Spurs' collective lack of balls, and Pop's lack of adjustments.

baseline bum
Parker and Barry were crap today. Still, you have to give all the credit in the world to Seattle. Ray Allen was hitting some ridiculously difficult shots. Bowen was in his shit every time down the floor and Allen wasn't having it. The Spurs also dared AD to beat them from the outside by going under the screens, and he did. Ginobili made some real bonehead plays too... this one play late in the third I think when the Spurs had cut it to like 12 he throws a no-look to Duncan in the half-court, through a crowded lane. There's no place for that kind of hot-dogging bullshit when you're down big on the road late in a the fourth game of a series.

hussker
05-15-2005, 09:13 PM
The effort today sucked. We should have naded these guys an asswhipping just like we should have in Game three. Oh...the hauntigs on the 2004 playoffs vs the Fakers. Momentum shifts here have been Sonics beat game1, Sonics Closer game2, sonics barely game3, sonics deliver asswhipping game4. I sure as hell hope Pop has a planned defense for 0.4 seconds vs Ray Lewis. How pathetic that we play down to our opponents. We do it every year (except for 99). You know trhe billboards that say "We buy Ugly Houses" around San Antonio? They should say "We play UGLY Basketball". Just my thoughts! GO SPURS GO! (nonetheless)...
[email protected]

maxpower
05-15-2005, 09:14 PM
fairweather fan.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2005, 09:14 PM
I am not quitting, but WaltonBuysOffMe isn't off base.

Ridnour scored 15 in a quarter. That should never happen unless he's playing against 7th graders.

dcole50
05-15-2005, 09:15 PM
so long.

we're still the better team. we'll win game 5 and then 6 ... uh, or 7.

taruky
05-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Since games are strictly decided by how much a team cares and how much heart it has, why not skip the games and have caring contests. The team that best expresses how much it really really really wants the trophy wins. Or maybe wins and losses are based on how well or how poorly a team played on a given night. Hmm.

smeagol
05-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Walton, as per some of your previous posts, I thought Duncan was on the decline.

baseline bum
05-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I didn't have a problem with the effort. They sucked today.

saspurs2005
05-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Well, I just kind if got here, so Ill be nice and Say Bye!!....it would be sad if you come back after we win game 5 with having a thread referring you leaving the bandwagon...bye again!

mouse
05-15-2005, 09:19 PM
hey when I dove off the Spurs wagon in 2000 you guys said see ya

now your telling this vato he can't quit? you guys don't know what it means to stand by your words.

I am so happy to copy this topic . I will pull it out after Spurs win game five so that walton will not have a chance to jump back on your fair weather spurs wagon :lmao

dn0
05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
walton's post portrays my current view of this team, i'm not quitting but the spurs are playing like a bunch of pussies..
man I can accept losses but at least show some heart..

TwoHandJam
05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Well said.

I was embarrassed to be a Spurs fan today. Embarrassed. I can't cheer for a team that doesn't push back when pushed. No heart, no emotion and no effort.

We're letting a bunch of no-talent thugs push us around, talk shit about us in the press and what do we do when we have a chance to make a statement? We play like punk bitches. That's what.

I can understand the letdown of game 3. I can let one errant game slip due largely to bad FT shooting, but to respond to it with a fucking letdown like tonight? Inexcusable.

For all who thought Tony Parker had turned the corner, forget it. He was so scared of the paint he may as well have been wearing a yellow uniform. His lack of penetration set the tone.

Barry? Useless.

Bowen? For those who think he hasn't lost a step... you're right. He's lost two. Totally useless on both ends of the floor.

Rasho? The 7 foot vagina.

Pop? Don't even get me started.

We redefined the word soft tonight. You may not win a game but there's no excuse for not fighting back. None.

I'm not quitting as a fan but I definitely need some time away from this team. They are nothing to be proud of right now and I have trouble supporting a team with no heart.

mouse
05-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Well, I just kind if got here, so Ill be nice and Say Bye!!....it would be sad if you come back after we win game 5 with having a thread referring you leaving the bandwagon...bye again!

^RACK HIM^ you took the keys right from my fingers :smokin

hussker
05-15-2005, 09:23 PM
You just can't quit if you are a true fan. Look at the Cowboys, they suck ass, but peoplee as far south as here and Laredo still support the team season after season.

Let's be realistic, there is going to come a time when the Spurs are going to be a sub .500 team for two or three seaons. I can't imagine what this city will be like then. How many people will jump ship? Maybe soccer will make it after all in this town.

Dude, I was lovin' the Spurs sitting behind "obstructed view" seats in the Hemisfair Arena in the early -mid eighties. I lived through the 96-97 crap ass season when Jaime Feick was our center and Dominique Wilkins was our star...oh...he always got the handicapped parking! Joking aside...the Spurs fans...the true ones... support their team through thick and thin! I have seen Sweetpea come and go...Tark come and go...Larry Brown come and go...Rod Strickland...come and go...Dennis (you cost us the 95 NBA Title) Rodman come and go...Bob Hill (and I swear to God the "I HATE GREGG POPOVICH CLUB PRESIDENT ME) come and go...David Robinson (I love that dude) come and go...Malik come and boo hoo...go...

I have lived the sub .500 years like many of us have. We love our team. We have heart, character, and pride. They are one with us...community based! Players do not come to the Spurs unless they are. If they come and are not, they are gone quickly (Stickland, Rodman, SweetPea...etc...).

I will tell you this...I still think we screwed up when we released Antonio Daniels! I saw a star in the making from his first year here. I kile the guy and I know Timmy and David do too.

Bottom line...Spurs fans are not bandwagoners...are not sore losers...but we back our team because they back us! GO SPURS GO!!!

saspurs2005
05-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Mouse, im new to this "^RACK HIM^", idk but im only 17 and its pretty sad to see someone just get off the bandwagon after one loss, whoever referred to the Dallas Cowboys made a good point, the cowboys have not been winning but their are still fans all over the place no matter what..they are still real fans...we are spoiled of winning and that will get to us when the spurs will have a bad season, but we have to keep by them and be true fans no matter what..I live in dallas and have all this trouble by being tempted to go for the Mavs, but i stick by the Spurs.....GO Freakin Spurs Go

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Let's be realistic, there is going to come a time when the Spurs are going to be a sub .500 team for two or three seaons. I can't imagine what this city will be like then.

There's a difference between knowing you're going to be a marginal team when say, Tim retires, and watching your team piss away year after year of the Tim Duncan era because it's coach thinks offense is when you regroup for your next defensive possession.

mrpach
05-15-2005, 09:31 PM
"You just can't quit if you are a true fan. Look at the Cowboys, they suck ass, but peoplee as far south as here and Laredo still support the team season after season.

Let's be realistic, there is going to come a time when the Spurs are going to be a sub .500 team for two or three seaons. I can't imagine what this city will be like then. How many people will jump ship? "

AMEN :jack
"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made."-----> tim duncan
TIm duncan not only talks but he performs :jack

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-15-2005, 09:34 PM
And we'll all just miss Walton. BI think I'm about to cry. Oh wait, no.

timvp
05-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Walton and THJ, you two need to think about your stance. You've been through the ups and downs with this team. You've been on board since the early '90s. You've seen this team tease until they finally win a couple championships. You've survived the .4 disaster.

You can survive this. The Sonics killed the Spurs today, but the Spurs will come back harder in game five. They will get that game. They will go to Seattle on a mission. They will win game six. Then -- with this adversity strengthening them -- they'll be ready for the rest of the playoffs.

This is just a speed bump. I know that it'd be easy to give up on them, but you two are better than this. You are a part of this team and you know they'll come out of this. The Spurs will bounce back. You'll be there too.

True Spurs fans stay together. Let's do this.

Believe.

Vashner
05-15-2005, 09:35 PM
WTF talk about bandwagon... it's still 2 / 2 noob...

mouse
05-15-2005, 09:36 PM
"You just can't quit if you are a true fan.

who ever said he was? :lmao

CHAMPS AGAIN
05-15-2005, 09:39 PM
I simply cannot continue to support a group a guys that have absolutely no pride, no balls and no fucking heart. The Seattle Sonics have disrespected us from a physical standpoint and have completely ridiculed us in the press and yet this team (for lack of a better word) cannot find the motivation required to merely compete, let alone defeat a squad playing without two of their top three players?

I have never been so disgusted in the fifteen years that I've been a fan and that includes the shock and awe that was 2001 vs. the Lakers. When I think of professional sports, competition, heart and pride come to mind and this team sorely lacks all of that and then some. With the exception of Tim Duncan and possibly Robert Horry, no ONE player came to Key Arena and played with anything resembling passion and that at the professional level is completely and totally inexcusable. Tony Parker drove the lane three times all evening- further reinforcing the fact that when confronted with anything resembling physical defense, he's more French than a beret and a baguette.

It's not about losing, it's not even about losing to a short-handed team. It's about the fact that after all the talk, all the hard fouls, all the bullshit from this loser Seattle team, we just tuck our tails and phone it in- IN A PLAYOFF GAME. As a fan, I can't accept that. I can't accept guys like Brent Barry and Tony Parker being paid millions to not even break a sweat.

I've been a fan since 1990, and today, I just can't do it anymore. The game of basketball, it's pampered primadonna 'stars', it's inconsistent refereeing, it's whining after every foul has just lost a fan of fifteen years.

Some will read this and not give a fuck- hell I wouldn't either. To most of you, this will just be a post-game rant after a horrible loss. But for a guy that loves to watch players like Rodney Harrison, Ray Lewis, Steve Yzerman and David Robinson, I can no longer support a team that features the likes of Rasho Nesterovic and Brent Barry- guys that don't possess a competitive bone in their bodies.

The story of the series- much like that of last year- the opposing team gets physical and their Spurs' players lose their nuts and their coach makes no adjustments. Guys stand around with their thumbs in their asses while all one hundred and forty five pounds of Luke Ridnour goes through our team like a hot knife through butter and nobody GIVES A FUCK.

I'm taking off my silver and black jersey and I'm never going to put it on again.

May the best team win.

Later.

Later you LOSER,but you will come back with a new account and screen name
and LOVE the SPURS when we come back and win the series you are such a :idiot :idiot :idiot :idiot

GrandeDavid
05-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Walton, that was a classic! You can go Mouse on us, but please continue to post. You are hilarious and would be sorely missed.

timvp
05-15-2005, 09:41 PM
But for a guy that loves to watch players like Rodney Harrison, Ray Lewis, Steve Yzerman and David Robinson,

I wore an Yzerman jersey to the GTG and the Spurs still lost.

I did my part.

:smokin

ZStomp
05-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Bye bye walton and all those other poser spur fans...damn..Mouse was right.

mouse
05-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Walton and THJ, you two need to think about your stance. You've been through the ups and downs with this team. You've been on board since the early '90s. You've seen this team tease until they finally win a couple championships. You've survived the .4 disaster.

You can survive this. The Sonics killed the Spurs today, but the Spurs will come back harder in game five. They will get that game. They will go to Seattle on a mission. They will win game six. Then -- with this adversity strengthening them -- they'll be ready for the rest of the playoffs.

This is just a speed bump. I know that it'd be easy to give up on them, but you two are better than this. You are a part of this team and you know they'll come out of this. The Spurs will bounce back. You'll be there too.

Believe.

First you tell ass hole Buddy Holly aka the writer to not leave, now you tell this peice of shit walton who all year long has been talking trash like he is the only real fan at this board , and you fell sorry for him?

how about the rest of us who have to listen to his BS?

don't we have a say? let his sorry ass go, if not? then stop calling me a band wagon fan, you can't have it both ways brah, pick a side already...

Dre_7
05-15-2005, 09:43 PM

May the best team win.

Later.

I didnt read any of the responses, but all I can say, when we win this series, dont come back!

TwoHandJam
05-15-2005, 09:44 PM

Believe.I hear you timvp, I really do but it's hard to support a team that plays scared. For whatever reason tonight, aside from Tim and Manu, they looked like a team that played scared. When a punk-ass team like the Sonics looks good because of that, it's really hard to swallow.

I remember the beatings at the hands of the Lakers in 2001 when our team quit. That was the fucking worst but at least they were the World Champion Lakers. Tonight's loss to a classless Sonics team with no accomplishments due to our lack of heart is pretty close to how bad I felt then.

Our team has more talent in their little finger than this team but they're letting themselves be cowed by some no-talent thugs? I would've thought we left that crap behind when we gutted out two wins in Denver.

I'll be there for game five but until then, I'm going to expose myself to as little basketball as possible. I just need a break right now.

T Park
05-15-2005, 09:45 PM
for a guy that roots for a murderer like Ray Lewis??

Good riddance.

mouse
05-15-2005, 09:45 PM
I didnt read any of the responses, but all I can say, when we win this series, dont come back!

Is ^this the only person here with his head not in his ass? rack him ! :smokin

N.Y. Johnny
05-15-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm stickin with them, i'm a Spurs fan i won't quit on them
:lol just ask the Miserable NY Jets, most pathetic franchise in sports and i still die hard for them :spin

timvp
05-15-2005, 09:47 PM
I hear you timvp, I really do but it's hard to support a team that plays scared. For whatever reason tonight, aside from Tim and Manu, they looked like a team that played scared. When a punk-ass team like the Sonics looks good because of that, it's really hard to swallow.

Our team has more talent in their little finger than this team but they're letting themselves be cowed by some no-talent thugs? I would've thought we left that crap behind when we gutted out two wins in Denver.

I'll be there for game five but until then, I'm going to expose myself to as little basketball as possible. I just need a break right now.

They looked scared because they were scared. That starts with Barry coming out with his tail between his legs. It also doesn't help that Nazr doesn't know what he's doing.

But the Spurs will bounce back in game five.

Print out my post and give it to Walton and get him back in here.

TwoHandJam
05-15-2005, 09:52 PM
They looked scared because they were scared. That starts with Barry coming out with his tail between his legs. It also doesn't help that Nazr doesn't know what he's doing.

But the Spurs will bounce back in game five.

Print out my post and give it to Walton and get him back in here.
I'll make sure he sees it but he generally takes this shit pretty hard. With what happened tonight, how could you not? Playing scared is the fucking worst.

FWIW, we both watched every minute of every game in 2001 so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets back up on that bike.

gilmor
05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Since games are strictly decided by how much a team cares and how much heart it has, why not skip the games and have caring contests. The team that best expresses how much it really really really wants the trophy wins. Or maybe wins and losses are based on how well or how poorly a team played on a given night. Hmm.

This is the dumbest remark that I have heard. Playoffs is all about hearts and guts..

E20
05-15-2005, 10:04 PM
I see Taruky lurking. :lol
Long time no talk.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-15-2005, 10:06 PM

May the best team win.

Later.
Good ridence, one less clueless individual to worry about, hope you never return jackass

DDS4
05-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Kinda ironic, eh? He quit on the team he accused of quitting.

caŽlo
05-15-2005, 10:37 PM
hey walton.

thats sad but i respect your post.

youre right anyway.

but i wont quit on the spurs. never did and never will.

rwb
05-15-2005, 10:42 PM
I was embarrassed tonight, too, and the continuous careless turnovers caused me to shut the game off in disgust more than once, but I'm still a fan and still believe. Your team isn't always going to play the way they're capable of and they aren't always going to win. But hell, the season's not even over yet. And if the Spurs don't go all the way I'll be disappointed and frustrated but I'll still support my team. Life goes on, and basketball is not the most important thing in the world. If it is, then you need to recheck your priorities. Besides, I was figuring this series would go seven anyway, so I'm concerned but not overly worried.

SuBZer0
05-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Walton has every right to be upset but, unlike many of you, I hope he gets over it and comes back. What he said, however painful to admit, is true. A bit harsh and overexaggerated, but it had quite a bit of truth to it nonetheless.

I'll just leave you with this quote by John Wooden

"I always tried to make clear that basketball is not the ultimate. It is of small importance in comparison to the total life we live"

FilSpursFan
05-15-2005, 10:46 PM

Believe.

I am scared it will happen again... like last years defeat against the Lakers.. but I am not quitting on the Spurs... they should find a better strategy, plays, etc...
:depressed

mouse
05-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Walton has every right to be upset

Pssssst! being upset and giving up on your team are two diffrent things.
But what would you know about not giving up? your from Canada, your country is 3/4 french, They specialize on waving the white flag. :lmao

are you his mother? or just a freind?

why don't you take Walton on a picnic,Monday? and let the rest of the hard core Sport fans who don't quit like some gutless wonder talk about game 5 you sorry tree hugging Bioooch

Obstructed_View
05-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Hell MF yeah.

mouse
05-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Hell MF yeah.

Dude after reading some of your takes? There nothing Obstructing your View :smokin

Carnac
05-16-2005, 02:10 AM

May the best team win.

Later.

Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of a fan announcing he is leaving his team's bandwagon after some rough times. That must be the first time this has ever happened in the sports world.
Someone call Guiness Book Of World Records.

SuBZer0
05-16-2005, 02:47 AM
But what would you know about not giving up? your from Canada, your country is 3/4 french, They specialize on waving the white flag. :lmao :lol :lol BRAVO!! [note that I'm not laughing because it's funny; I've just had an exceedingly boring day...

Mouse, seriously, keep talking, and someday you'll say something intelligent, I'm sure of it. It seems that once again your fingers did not only the typing, but the thinking as well. I'm curious, though, when you wrote that down, did you think something like this,

"I've really put it to that ignorant bastard this time. I expect this post to inflict permanent damage on him, possibly resulting in a suicide..."?

Wait, no, you couldn't have thought that...only someone with an IQ over 63 is able to...

I said he has a right to be upset. We all have a right to be upset. I did NOT say that he should have quit on the Spurs. Major difference there, mouseman. I understand that you're too myopic to differentiate, but you'll learn slowly. I'm not quitting on the Spurs, I just said that I hope Walton gets over it, and he had viable points. So what the hell are you talking about???

Oh, and your joke was a true masterpiece. You didn't have to laugh at it yourself to get us to see the true perfection of it. Let's engrain it on the White House, put it in the Charter, place it under the Hollywood sign and such. I'm sure everyone will get a kick out of that.

Hardcore sports fans, eh? Ooh, you used the word hardcore... Wow, mouse, you're a rebel! Won't your mummy ground you for saying that?

My two cents is free, and your brain is worth two cents. HEY!! We have something in common..

red kryptonite
05-16-2005, 03:18 AM
Two Hand and Walton's post were pretty accurate and I don't think it was just this one game that put them at melting point. The Spurs have completely failed to compete in the past. This Sonics team is about as weak as a second round opponent as you will find and the Spurs now find themselves in a dog fight. As Two Hand and Walton I'm sure would agree, it's not the loss that has put them in their stance, it's the way they lost.

I'm still a fan, but after watching this game, I don't think it's realistic to think of them as true title contenders. I think they are missing a Stephen Jackson piece and/or in need of a better version of Tim Duncan.

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Every team in the playoffs besides Miami have had a totally horrible game or 2.

The Spurs played well enoght to be up 3-0, but their FTs cost them.

Every playoffs, the Spurs have a stinker game, and yesterday was one of them.

This team will bounce back and win on Tuesday night, I guarantee that.

I lliked seeing Brown in there and that will help them in the long run.

ctpsb
05-16-2005, 08:34 AM
There's a difference between knowing you're going to be a marginal team when say, Tim retires, and watching your team piss away year after year of the Tim Duncan era because it's coach thinks offense is when you regroup for your next defensive possession.

Well said! It feels like we just don't ever want to finish people off for whatever reason! I felt like I was watching the ghosts of Willie Anderson and Charles Smith last night. That's what drives me crazy too. If I knew we had sub-par talent, I can live with effort. I still pull for the Cowboys and Texans, but Spurs show greatness and then piss it away always. Even in '03 we constantly let the opponenets into every series, but got away with it then. We may not be anymore!!

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Look, the Spurs still out rebounded them, which means that they were at least trying. They were sloppy with the ball, they had 20 TOs, how many games do they win when they had 20 TOs.

They will get it together on Tuesday, hold their TOs down, hit their FTs and plat better defense. They will win and win by at least 15 pts....mark my words.

bigzak25
05-16-2005, 08:52 AM
embarrassed? no. dissappointed, yes.

the denver series made our spurs take it to another level early.
2 wins vs seattle and here comes the effin cruise control.
raise the intensity please.

SpurYank
05-16-2005, 08:54 AM
You guys and I have been watching pro-sports too long to NOT KNOW this shit happens. We are still the better team. IMO, we tried to play their game, and it resulted in an uncharacteristic high number of turnovers. Ridnour won't have a game like that until the middle of next year. James came back down to earth. I thought Pop should have called a time out to have the Spurs re-group after they started pulling away by more than 7 points.

But good championship teams bounce back, like Detroit did yesterday. We will, too. There is something to having home-court advantage, The fans did their part in Seattle. If I were in S.A. on Tuesday, I'd be there, come hell or high water, to do my "twelfth man" thing.

The Sonics really wanted the game yesterday. We've got to want this next game just as much.

smeagol
05-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Man, some fans in here are even softer than the way the Spurs played last night. Quitting on the team? That's fucking weak! Even weaker than crying about the refs. Its the weakest thing you can do short of quitting on your family, friends and country.

I've not been a fan for long, but I am not planning to quit because we sucked one game, 10 games or if we suck an entire season. Where I come from, people don't jump ship because their team is not playing well. People stick with their teams for ever. The colors of their jerseys are tattooed in the fans' hearts. It's unimaginable that I would stop supporting the soccer or rugby teams I'm a fan of in Argentina. And I will never quit on the Spurs either.

I had never heard about "jumping of the bandwagon" until I read about Pooh and Mouse. That's a fvcking weak thing to do. Walton, if you are ready to follow them, then you are as much a disgrace as they are. And if you do, then have the decency of not posting here ever again.

Fvck the unbelievers!

boutons
05-16-2005, 09:21 AM
"they had 20 TOs, how many games do they win when they had 20 TOs."

AND ... got beat in the paint 32 - 40.
How many games do the Spurs win when they get beat in the paint?

"good championship teams bounce back"

Game4 was the Spurs' bounce-back game, wasn't it?

The Pistons and Mavs got Ws when they were facing 1-3. Congrats.

The Spurs are now facing returning to SEA 2-3. I really hope the Spurs can find the bounce they never found last May.

SWC Bonfire
05-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Newbie Spurs fans must be indoctrinated by fire. Having the team build you up just to tear you down is the nature of the beast. More often than not, guess what: the season ends in disapointment. Everybody can't win every year. We have had two championships in the past five years, and yet you complain. Spurs "fans" are turning into Laker fans, just jumping off the bandwagon like rats off a sinking ship.

The Spurs play at least two more games, I suggest that maybe you watch them and, oh, I don't know, maybe ROOT and CHEER for the Spurs?

Hook Dem
05-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Man, some fans in here are even softer than the way the Spurs played last night. Quitting on the team? That's fucking weak! Even weaker than crying about the refs. Its the weakest thing you can do short of quitting on your family, friends and country.

I've not been a fan for long, but I am not planning to quit because we sucked one game, 10 games or if we suck an entire season. Where I come from, people don't jump ship because their team is not playing well. People stick with their teams for ever. The colors of their jerseys are tattooed in the fans' hearts. It's unimaginable that I would stop supporting the soccer or rugby teams I'm a fan of in Argentina. And I will never quit on the Spurs either.

I had never heard about "jumping of the bandwagon" until I read about Pooh and Mouse. That's a fvcking weak thing to do. Walton, if you are ready to follow them, then you are as much a disgrace as they are. And if you do, then have the decency of not posting here ever again.

Fvck the unbelievers!
There Ya Go!!!!!!!

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 09:27 AM
"they had 20 TOs, how many games do they win when they had 20 TOs."

AND ... got beat in the paint 32 - 40.
How many games do the Spurs win when they get beat in the paint?

"good championship teams bounce back"

Game4 was the Spurs' bounce-back game, wasn't it?

The Pistons and Mavs got Ws when they were facing 1-3. Congrats.

The Spurs are now facing returning to SEA 2-3. I really hope the Spurs can find the bounce they never found last May.

The Spurs beat them in the paint by 8, not vice versa.

nkdlunch
05-16-2005, 09:30 AM
If you're quitting now, means you were never a Spurs fan in the first place. Thanks for showing us your true colors.

ladiesman
05-16-2005, 09:32 AM
The only beef I have, and not I am not blaming him for the loss, is Rasho being posterized. Here we have our guards getting killed when they go to the basket, and Rasho just looks up at Allen and fades away? WTF? :rolleyes

boutons
05-16-2005, 09:39 AM
"The Spurs beat them in the paint by 8, not vice versa."

oops. :)

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Well said.

I was embarrassed to be a Spurs fan today. Embarrassed. I can't cheer for a team that doesn't push back when pushed. No heart, no emotion and no effort.

We're letting a bunch of no-talent thugs push us around, talk shit about us in the press and what do we do when we have a chance to make a statement? We play like punk bitches. That's what.

I can understand the letdown of game 3. I can let one errant game slip due largely to bad FT shooting, but to respond to it with a fucking letdown like tonight? Inexcusable.

For all who thought Tony Parker had turned the corner, forget it. He was so scared of the paint he may as well have been wearing a yellow uniform. His lack of penetration set the tone.

Barry? Useless.

Bowen? For those who think he hasn't lost a step... you're right. He's lost two. Totally useless on both ends of the floor.

Rasho? The 7 foot vagina.

Pop? Don't even get me started.

We redefined the word soft tonight. You may not win a game but there's no excuse for not fighting back. None.

I'm not quitting as a fan but I definitely need some time away from this team. They are nothing to be proud of right now and I have trouble supporting a team with no heart.

Bro, I feel as you do! Damn, we fans are pissed and rightfully so.

Dex
05-16-2005, 09:46 AM
Drama queen.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 09:47 AM

Right on the money. Rack THIG GUY, Mouse, not the other lame takes you quote.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 09:54 AM
But what would you know about not giving up? your from Canada, your country is 3/4 french, They specialize on waving the white flag. :lmao

are you his mother? or just a freind?

why don't you take Walton on a picnic,Monday? and let the rest of the hard core Sport fans who don't quit like some gutless wonder talk about game 5 you sorry tree hugging Bioooch

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Mouse, you are cold! :lmao

mouse
05-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I had never heard about "jumping of the bandwagon" until I read about Pooh and Mouse. That's a fvcking weak thing to do.

I have been behind my Mighty Mighty Mavericks since 2000 , you never see me talk about jumping ship. or AJ has to go, But yet I have to hear bandwagon fan 24/7 by the same people who gave up after last nights game? How sad is it that a Maverick fan has more faith in the Spurs than 98% of you so called fair weather fans at this website?

I left the Spurs after the season was over. Not in the midddle of the playoffs, from this day fourth ,you all lost your rites to call anyone a band wagon fan.

MiNuS
05-16-2005, 02:25 PM
I believe the Spurs will be back and re-energized by the SBC crowd and be up 3-2 and that same energy will carry through to win game 6 @ the Key.
I noticed the guys were deflated after game 3 and the 1 point loss after playing that game to win.Last night noone showed up.I was very surprised to see Manu lost banging into the paint and not getting calls.
As we all saw,there was no defense played after the third quarter and it was also turn over galore.

smeagol
05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
I have been behind my Mighty Mighty Mavericks since 2000 , you never see me talk about jumping ship. or AJ has to go, But yet I have to hear bandwagon fan 24/7 by the same people who gave up after last nights game? How sad is it that a Maverick fan has more faith in the Spurs than 98% of you so called fair weather fans at this website?

I left the Spurs after the season was over. Not in the midddle of the playoffs, from this day fourth ,you all lost your rites to call anyone a band wagon fan.
I never gave up on the Spurs. I never will. On the other hand, you did. In 2000. Therefore I can call you what ever I want to call you.

When you are funny, I call you funny guy.

When you are being an ass, I call you out for being an ass.

With respect to switching from the Spurs to the Mavs, I say its a weak thing to do.

Jumping ship is fucking weak. A fucking disgrace.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Walton quit being a Spurs fan?

With that kind of positive mojo the Spurs probably won't lose again this post season!

Hooray!!!!

mouse
05-16-2005, 05:38 PM
smeagol

Jumping ship is fucking weak. A fucking disgrace.

so then what do you have to say about Kori

I used to be a Utah Jazz fan.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15582&page=2&pp=26

let's see how you weasle out of this one....

JustSpurs
05-16-2005, 07:23 PM
You know what Mouse? I've been a lurker for a few years and there are times I really hate you running smack on us but you are true to your team and it takes you to come in here and call out the bandwagoners.Damn right, it's not over. Rack the Mouse,all others pay cash!

smeagol
05-16-2005, 07:39 PM
so then what do you have to say about Kori
I would probably not use the phrase "fucking weak" and the word "disgrace". I would say "jumping ship is 'not what I would do'" and 'You would not see that where I come from'. :oops

I respect Kori and would not curse in front of her. You, on the other hand . . . :wtf

:flipoff @ mouse for putting me in a such a tough spot :lmao

let's see how you weasle out of this one....
How did I do? :lmao

SequSpur
05-16-2005, 07:55 PM
You know what Mouse? I've been a lurker for a few years and there are times I really hate you running smack on us but you are true to your team and it takes you to come in here and call out the bandwagoners.Damn right, it's not over. Rack the Mouse,all others pay cash!

Mouse is a Spur Mav fan. He isn't true to no team.

cherylsteele
05-16-2005, 08:48 PM
hey when I dove off the Spurs wagon in 2000 you guys said see ya

now your telling this vato he can't quit? you guys don't know what it means to stand by your words.

I am so happy to copy this topic . I will pull it out after Spurs win game five so that walton will not have a chance to jump back on your fair weather spurs wagon :lmao

For starters I thought you said in another thread you never were a Spurs fan??

As for Walton.....he can quit if he wants...it is a free country.....I just don't want to hear him saying that he had confidence in the Spurs after they win the game/series.....that to me is a fair weather fan.

I have been their through the horrible mid-late 80's when we drafted players like Alfredrick Hughes and had players like Jeff Cook, Ennis Whatley, Kevin Duckworth, David Thirdkill, etc.

I am disappointed in the play in Seattle but am confident we will advance.

SPURS21
05-16-2005, 10:15 PM
smell yah :blah

mouse
05-16-2005, 10:32 PM
For starters I thought you said in another thread you never were a Spurs fan??

I wasn't I just stopped acting like one just so the radio stations would stop having me talk smack with JBL. Remember I was suppose to be a spur fan he was a laker fan, It was all for the Game night react show.

As for Walton.....he can quit if he wants...it is a free country...

Wow funny how you can just give him a free pass ! Why are you not quoting his lame band wagon ass? are you Bias?

..I just don't want to hear him saying that he had confidence in the Spurs after they win the game/series.....that to me is a fair weather fan.

And what will you do? It looks like folks here turn the other cheek when it's one of there own that dives off the wagon.

I have been their through the horrible mid-late 80's when we drafted players like Alfredrick Hughes and had players like Jeff Cook, Ennis Whatley, Kevin Duckworth, David Thirdkill, etc.

can you prove that? :smokin

mouse
05-16-2005, 10:36 PM
I would probably not use the phrase "fucking weak" and the word "disgrace". I would say "jumping ship is 'not what I would do'" and 'You would not see that where I come from'. :oops

Call the game time react show after game five and I will believe you.

I respect Kori and would not curse in front of her. You, on the other hand . . . :wtf

Look up the word Bias

:flipoff @ mouse for putting me in a such a tough spot :lmao

I had no choice.

How did I do? :lmao

not bad ,but I know you can do better :smokin

mouse
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM

Post more, Lurk less :smokin

MaNuMaNiAc
05-17-2005, 01:28 PM
"How poor are they who have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees"
--William Shakespeare--

GrandeDavid
05-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Mouse, which Spurs do you think will sack up and step up to the challenge tonight? Also, Mouse, do you think the Spurs need to start playing more physically and lay guys like Puke Ridnour out?

SWC Bonfire
05-17-2005, 01:48 PM
... do you think the Spurs need to start playing more physically and lay guys like Puke Ridnour out?

Put this guy on him:

http://www.tellytunes.com/wallpapers/captcaveman_thumb.jpg

MadDog73
05-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Put this guy on him:

http://www.tellytunes.com/wallpapers/captcaveman_thumb.jpg

Wait, isn't that the Sonics' mascot? :lol

Speaking of, was anybody else fundamentally disturbed by the gyrating piece of shit the Sonics call a mascot?!?

polandprzem
05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Well I think the thing is that. Mouse do not care if "his" team is winning or loosing. And he is saying he is with them.
I tell you I'm with the spurs and I do care if they win or loose. I do care how they feel. But somtimes there is a situaction when you must tell your friend what the truth is.
Example:You was plaing like shit today.
But I'm not that kind of a "friend". Some of us are.

Extra Stout
05-17-2005, 02:10 PM
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/11/06/gen.attack.on.terror/story.bush.jpg

YOU ARE EITHER WITH US

OR AGAINST US

GrandeDavid
05-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Wait, isn't that the Sonics' mascot? :lol

Speaking of, was anybody else fundamentally disturbed by the gyrating piece of shit the Sonics call a mascot?!?

I think that mascot represents some of the rather "earthy" women to be found in alternative Seattle.

polandprzem
05-17-2005, 02:26 PM
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/11/06/gen.attack.on.terror/story.bush.jpg

YOU ARE EITHER WITH US

OR AGAINST US

Who are you talking to?

:lmao

Smackie Chan
05-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Mouse, which Spurs do you think will sack up and step up to the challenge tonight?

Manu needs to stop trying out for acting class and to go back to his basics. he needs to play like he did when he was palying for his country .

Parker needs man up to show San Antonio why they don't need Jason Kidd

Duncan needs to prove to San Antonio he is still hungry and two rings are not enough.

Also, Mouse, do you think the Spurs need to start playing more physically and lay guys like Puke Ridnour out?

Sure, what's wrong with a few alley ooops? why won't Rasho, Tim, and Mohammed, try to have at least 5 dunks each? You will score or draw the foul, Play the kind of ball that got you past the Nuggets not the kind of ball that gave you a 40 point loss to the Mavericks.

who ever is hot with the 3 pointers tonight will win the game. :smokin

cherylsteele
05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow funny how you can just give him a free pass ! Why are you not quoting his lame band wagon ass? are you Bias?

Because I was commenting on the post you made about him and Spurs fans.
Besides you did say this:

I left the Spurs after the season was over.

If you were never a spurs fan, then how did you leave them?
This is why I am what you call bias. He at least says he was a Spurs fan and now wants to leave

If you were just "acting" like a Spurs fan....that IMHO makes you worse than a band waggoner.....and gives you no room to talk about those who are....that is like having someone who you thought was a friend and then turning around and robbing you without notice.

Banjo Boy
05-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Pssssst! mouse got paid to be a Spurs fan, It was for the radio.
do you not understand how radio/Tv works? You really think The desperate house wives are really Desperate? :lmao

The sone
05-17-2005, 07:43 PM
If You Wanna Pose Be A Model

Shelly
05-17-2005, 07:48 PM
I think that mascot represents some of the rather "earthy" women to be found in alternative Seattle.

:lol And I bet they've never heard of the quattro razor.

Eric
05-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Walton will be back after the next win, probably as Leisure Suit Larry or some shit.

nkdlunch
05-17-2005, 11:40 PM

May the best team win.

Later.

:lmao You better not show your face Walton. OR maybe you should sell more to Walton and stop smoking all your shit :smokin

mouse
05-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Walton will be back after the next win, probably as Leisure Suit Larry or some shit.

RACK :lmao

Banjo Boy
05-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Walton?..........Beuller?.........Beuller?........ ...... :lmao

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Bump!

mouse
05-20-2005, 05:05 AM
Bump!

for a Chump :lmao

Ishta
05-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Never Quit on Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MannyIsGod
05-20-2005, 09:01 AM
:lmao

The latest in a series of idiotic threads by the infamous Walton.

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 09:21 AM
I vote Walton off the Island.

:)

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 09:25 AM
I hope people like Sequ, Walton, AHF and others learn fro the past 2 series when they whine and whine and quit on the Spurs prematurely.

At least wait til the body is cold before burying it.

Rumors of their demise were greatly exaggerated.

:)

MannyIsGod
05-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Sequ didn't quit on the Spurs.

nkdlunch
05-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I love this thread. The Spurs eliminate the Sonics and Walton eliminates himself :lol

MadDog73
05-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Can we add RobinsontoDuncan to that list?

Or at least require him to change his handle to RobinsontoC-webb?!?

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Sequ didn't quit on the Spurs.

He quit in series against Denver.

you forgot already???

MannyIsGod
05-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Sequ never quit on the Spurs. I didn't forget. He fucks with you guys online all the damn time, and you all buy it hook line and sinker.

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Sequ never quit on the Spurs. I didn't forget. He fucks with you guys online all the damn time, and you all buy it hook line and sinker.

If it smells like shit, tastes like shit, looks like shit....you gotta believe it is shit, right?

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:22 AM
A funny thing Manny, you might think Sequ is jerking our chains, but when the Spurs are eliminated every year, he tells us that he was right all along, and that they suck and Pop sucks , blah blah blah....

This way he is right all the time, if SA wins it all...he says that he was just fucking with us, but when they lose, then he was right all along.

I say, shit or get off the pot.

MannyIsGod
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Jim, trust me, Sequ hasn't quit on the Spurs and probably never will. He bashes Manu all the time on the boards, but he wears more Manu jerseys than Tpark.

:lmao @ shit or get off the pot

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Manu jerseys than Tpark

just gotta get your digs in.... lol.......

Hey, i went jerseyless last night so come on.

smeagol
05-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I wonder what Walton's come back line will be . . . ?

rayray2k8
05-20-2005, 01:29 PM
what a dumbass, it shows who really are die-hard fans and who are just
bandwagoners.
for the guys who just pissed on the silver and black shouldnt even show their
faces in here ever again.
you are a disgrace to the spurs and spurs fans alike!!
go jump with the heat your lousy bastards!
mouse..
i hope you're team loses tonight, so that way you wont show you're
sorry ass in here again!!
But if by some chance, your soft ass mavricks get a win, they'll
go down in 7.. that way the spurs will be able to lick their wounds.

3rdCoast
05-20-2005, 01:31 PM
LOL at RayRay's signature :lol

ShoogarBear
05-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Jim, trust me, Sequ hasn't quit on the Spurs and probably never will. He bashes Manu all the time on the boards, but he wears more Manu jerseys than Tpark.

I remain amazed at the number of people who can't see through all the obvious BS Sequ posts.

GoSpurs21
05-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Sequ is the resident bitch, but I dont think he ever quit on the Spurs

Smackie Chan
06-27-2005, 04:09 PM
let's not forget T parks Brother

manustarting2gd
06-27-2005, 04:37 PM
flake ass SPUR fans die...

IX_Equilibrium
06-27-2005, 04:40 PM
He fucks with you guys online all the damn time, and you all buy it hook line and sinker.

We do?

Duff McCartney
06-27-2005, 04:41 PM
The difference between Walton and T Park is Walton came up and manned up. He came back with a vengeance.

T Park on the other hand just hides behind Kori and LJ. Or comes back with cursing the other person out.

IX_Equilibrium
06-27-2005, 04:42 PM
The difference between Walton and T Park is Walton came up and manned up. He came back with a vengence.

T Park on the other hand just hides behind Kori and LJ. Or comes back with cursing the other person out.

Well said