PDA

View Full Version : Lebron to pick Miami Heat.

Pages : [1] 2

BullsDynasty
07-07-2010, 11:53 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67957/20100708/report_lebron_to_pick_miami_heat/

Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat

LeBron James has decided to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, according to multiple sources that spoke with Newsday.

RealGM Note: The news of the 10-11 NBA salary cap being at $58.044M creates additional cap room for James, Wade and Bosh to get closer to a maximum contract.

James is scheduled to announce his final decision live on ESPN at 9:00 PM EST on Thursday.

Stump
07-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Assuming this happens, I wonder if they'll ditch Beasley to give them the max.

Pistons < Spurs
07-07-2010, 11:57 PM
@alanhahn: Multiple sources are telling Newsday that LeBron James has decided to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami.

Creation88
07-07-2010, 11:57 PM
now that's an intriguing choice. but i wont believe it til he announces it. everyone is still in play at this point.

sribb43
07-08-2010, 12:02 AM
It will be 3 stars and a bunch of vet min guys or d-leaguers

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Damn thats crazy if it actually happens.

Bye bye 3peat for lakers

Dex
07-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Heat makes the most sense imo. Lebron wants a ring, and he thinks the "Dream Team" will get him there. Personally, I don't know if three superstars, even of their caliber, will be enough if the Heat can't afford anything but scraps around them.

Amare/Lebron, while fierce, would not completely dominate the league. And the Knicks are still a joke.

NJ has a solid core but was the worst team in the league last year. Does Lebron really plan to pull them all the way out of the gutter? Does he want to go from 30th to 1st?

The Chicago Bulls have nothing more to offer than the Jordan mystique factor.

And Cleveland has, well....let Lebron down for 6 years running (or is it the other way around?)

Spurs9
07-08-2010, 12:09 AM
I agree with dex. I'm actually excited if it is true, thats gonna be some awesome and entertaining games to watch. Especially seeing how they can mesh those egos together, and they would be locked in for a few years.:hat

baseline bum
07-08-2010, 12:10 AM
If James, Wade, and Bosh all take paycuts of about $800K each for that first year, Miami can get it done.

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Hard to blame him. The three of them together could put together a historic run of titles. History is written by the winners and winning a bunch of titles would put legitimacy on LeBron, Bosh (and Wade too) that nothing else in this world ever could.

You know that Riley would be licking his chops to kick Spoelstra to the curb and get back on the sidelines again, too... :lol

The downside is this: this team would have a huge target on its back, just like the 2004 Lakers. I think it's fair to say a great many people were pulling for that team to fail... and it did. Same would apply here. Anything short of a title would lead to massive hand-wringing.

GuerillaBlack
07-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Damn, that sucks for the rest of the NBA.

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Heat makes the most sense imo. Lebron wants a ring, and he thinks the "Dream Team" will get him there. Personally, I don't know if three superstars, even of their caliber, will be enough if the Heat can't afford anything but scraps around them.

Here's something I should know, but don't: can the Heat sign Bosh and James first, then use Bird rights to go over cap to get Wade and Haslem re-signed? Everything I read seems to make out like Haslem would have to be gone for the Big 3 to get paid but can't they just bring in the new guys first and then sign Haslem to whatever contract?

Roddy Beaubois
The rest of the NBA might as well bend over now

DazedAndConfused
The Miami Heat legacy will be historic, but individually Lebron will not achieve the success he craves if he joins Miami no matter how many titles he wins.

History will simply not put him on MJ/Kobe's level until he wins a ring as the main man. He will simply be the guy that had to ride DWade's coattails just to win a ring. I don't know if that flies with Lebron.

Spurs9
Hard to blame him. The three of them together could put together a historic run of titles. History is written by the winners and winning a bunch of titles would put legitimacy on LeBron, Bosh (and Wade too) that nothing else in this world ever could.

You know that Riley would be licking his chops to kick Spoelstra to the curb and get back on the sidelines again, too... :lol

The downside is this: this team would have a huge target on its back, just like the 2004 Lakers. I think it's fair to say a great many people were pulling for that team to fail... and it did. Same would apply here. Anything short of a title would lead to massive hand-wringing.
IF they are all healthy, what team could realistically beat them? Hell the cavs made it to the finals with pretty much just Lebron as the main player, now bron bosh and wade? Unreal!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-08-2010, 12:16 AM

Exactly

crc21209
07-08-2010, 12:18 AM
A Wade-Bosh-James trio would be awesome to see for any NBA basketball fan. Not just because its 3 superstars on 1 team, but just to see if it would work. Assuming they all take paycuts, there are a good amount of role players they can surround them with, for ex. Raymond Felton, Mike Miller, Brad Miller, Brendan Haywood, Udonis Haslem (keep him), and so on...

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 12:18 AM

In one sense maybe (and only maybe).

In another sense, could usher in a new level of interest in the league. People will flock to watch historic excellence of any sport... look what Tiger did for golf. If these 3 could terrorize the league, they'd get people bandwagoning back to the NBA again.

In a business sense, that rising tide would lift all ships. If you're a fan of another team, perhaps it wouldn't be so much fun.

But I agree with those who say there's no lock on them winning the title year-in, year-out. Let's see first if LeBron signs there and then second how it all comes together.

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 12:20 AM
IF they are all healthy, what team could realistically beat them? Hell the cavs made it to the finals with pretty much just Lebron as the main player, now bron bosh and wade? Unreal!

+1 Heat will be interesting to watch Wade, Bron and Bosh on one team is hard to believe its like a video game.

crc21209
07-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Here's something I should know, but don't: can the Heat sign Bosh and James first, then use Bird rights to go over cap to get Wade and Haslem re-signed? Everything I read seems to make out like Haslem would have to be gone for the Big 3 to get paid but can't they just bring in the new guys first and then sign Haslem to whatever contract?

No matter what they offer Haslem, I bet he will back. He's from Miami if I remember correctly and would love a chance at another ring with Wade and Riley there..

crc21209
07-08-2010, 12:21 AM
The Miami Heat legacy will be historic, but individually Lebron will not achieve the success he craves if he joins Miami no matter how many titles he wins.

History will simply not put him on MJ/Kobe's level until he wins a ring as the main man. He will simply be the guy that had to ride DWade's coattails just to win a ring. I don't know if that flies with Lebron.

Maybe at this point LeBron just wants to WIN no matter what...a ring is a ring.

slick'81
07-08-2010, 12:24 AM
best chance for him to win is in miami with wade what a trio that would be

DazedAndConfused
07-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Lebron's only 25 right? MJ didn't even win his first ring until 29 or so. I highly doubt Lebron is having those kinds of thoughts right now.

GooberNuts
07-08-2010, 12:25 AM
my oh my

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 12:27 AM

What team could realistically beat them? Magic and Lakers for starters. ISTR the 09 and 10 Cavs were "locks" for the title and didn't even make the Finals either time. My point being that strange things can happen in 7 games or less. Best team doesn't always win a series and therefore the title (but I think it usually does).

Then there is health to consider.

Don't forget matchups. Lakers have won a couple titles now by bludgeoning teams with unmatchable size. LA would still retain that edge over this prospective Miami team almost certainly.

Finally, what kind of role players end up around them. The big 3 together would seem to be worth about 50-55 wins alone so even if they go find a bunch of guys who contribute zero wins (and a player who contributes zero is a really bad player... think Yi or Darko or Larry Hughes bad) they're still getting HCA in most rounds.

Would be a tough team to beat. Not impossible though.

Chieflion
07-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I couldn't even pull this off in 2k10.

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Lebron's only 25 right? MJ didn't even win his first ring until 29 or so. I highly doubt Lebron is having those kinds of thoughts right now.

What are you trying to say?

DJ Mbenga
07-08-2010, 12:29 AM

the east was pathetically weak that year. in this yr it looks like every FA is going to the east. just makes life easier for the lakers, but the east might have teams above 500 now be playoff teams.

Spurs9
07-08-2010, 12:30 AM
What team could realistically beat them? Magic and Lakers for starters. ISTR the 09 and 10 Cavs were "locks" for the title and didn't even make the Finals either time. My point being that strange things can happen in 7 games or less. Best team doesn't always win a series and therefore the title (but I think it usually does).

Don't forget matchups. Lakers have won a couple titles now by bludgeoning teams with unmatchable size. LA would still retain that edge over this prospective Miami team almost certainly.

Finally, what kind of role players end up around them. The big 3 together would seem to be worth about 50-55 wins alone so even if they go find a bunch of guys who contribute zero wins (and a player who contributes zero is a really bad player... think Yi or Darko or Larry Hughes bad) they're still getting HCA in most rounds.

Lakers? Bullshit, hell the Thunder almost took out the Lakers.:lol

Flo-Rida
07-08-2010, 12:31 AM

this . :hat

Damn hopefully tomorrow night i dont look stupid .

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2010, 12:31 AM
As Kobe's career has shown us, everybody will ignore the quality of your teammates and the way you win your titles, as long as you win it all in the end..

So Lebron's supporting cast is irrelevant..as long as he wins the titles, he'll get the love, even if he goes 6-24 in the most important game of the year and arguably the biggest game of his career..

Flo-Rida
07-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I couldn't even pull this off in 2k10.

:lol

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 12:33 AM

Thats right next year we're sweeping em

slick'81
07-08-2010, 12:34 AM
As Kobe's career has shown us, everybody will ignore the quality of your teammates and the way you win your titles, as long as you win it all in the end..

So Lebron's supporting cast is irrelevant..as long as he wins the titles, he'll get the love, even if he goes 6-24 in the most important game of the year and arguably the biggest game of his career..

4 real doesnt matter how as long as you can get over and get that :lobt2:

Spurs9
07-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Thats right next year we're sweeping em

:toast

dirk4mvp
07-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Is there a limit to how many games one team can be on nat'l tv per season?

Flo-Rida
07-08-2010, 12:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBB1lOLD6k

Kevin Durant 35

:lol we hear ya

SomeCallMeTim

NBA history is littered with "almosts."

Kings almost took out the Lakers in 02.
Spurs almost took out the Lakers in 04.
Mavs almost took out the Heat in 06.
Cavs almost took out the Celtics in 08.

Ad nauseam.

Chillen
07-08-2010, 12:38 AM
If this happens the NBA will be dominated by 2 NBA teams for the next few years, Lakers and Heat. That Heat team will steamroll through the East but the big 3 have to be healthy, if Bosh goes down with an injury than even with Wade and James they can be beaten, any team not at full strength can and the main concern would be the lack of talent around Wade, LeBron and Bosh. As anyone will tell you it takes 5 players to play the game of basketball not 3.

Obviously if they can put talent around them this spells trouble for the Lakers 3peat chances but they have to be healthy.

Assuming all these reports are true.

z0sa
k

Roddy Beaubois
I hope one of them goes down with a season ending knee injury game one.

DJ Mbenga

not quite the same thing. wade as already a made man, a champ and to most #2 SG in the league, althought TLONG would have you beleive its somebody else. anyways gasol was viewed more like bosh. some random tall perimeter pf who was never the guy. wade is viewed that way. lebron has a dilema, his character makes him a perfect pippen, but as far as legacies go jordan was the guy who could become a billionaire not the robin guy. seems like that would be wade's team.

BUMP
07-08-2010, 12:40 AM
If he chooses the Heat, this will be EPIC. With Wade and Bosh the Heat aren't at the level of LA or Boston but with LeBron they leap up as the best team in the NBA and it really doesn't matter who they have around them. The Heat will rule the league for years if LBJ winds up down there.

I can't wait for tomorrow:music

DJ Mbenga
07-08-2010, 12:41 AM
If this happens the NBA will be dominated by 2 NBA teams for the next few years, Lakers and Heat. That Heat team will steamroll through the East but the big 3 have to be healthy, if Bosh goes down with an injury than even with Wade and James they can be beaten, any team not at full strength can and the main concern would be the lack of talent around Wade, LeBron and Bosh. As anyone will tell you it takes 5 players to play the game of basketball not 3.

Obviously if they can put talent around them this spells trouble for the Lakers 3peat chances but they have to be healthy.

Assuming all these reports are true.

i dont think they steamroll through the east. they still dont have anyone to guard dwight. joel anthony? he is a glorified version of myself. who is out there in FA? brad miller? kurt thomas? no way they get haywood with the mle. in fact this might make the west easier for the lakers. all the talent is leaving.

Pistons < Spurs
07-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Chris_Broussard

Sources with knowledge of the situation indeed saying LeBron will join Wade and Bosh in Miami, barring a late change of heart

florige
07-08-2010, 12:43 AM

I can't see LeBron leaving. I think this is just all a diversion. He wants to top Jordan. LeBron going to Chicago, or going to Any other team beside Cle would be considered cheating in his mind. Jordan never left Chicago, as did Kobe with LA. Him leaving to go with a superstar studded team would'nt leave the same legacy for this attention seeking jerkoff.

JMarkJohns
07-08-2010, 12:43 AM
I part of me truly believes this is a set up for a return to Cleveland. Get the fans all disappointed to the extent where even a return that yields zero Titles is a success.

dirk4mvp
07-08-2010, 12:44 AM
I part of me truly believes this is a set up for a return to Cleveland. Get the fans all disappointed to the extent where even a return that yields zero Titles is a success.

Why would he do that? Aren't him and Wade good friends?

ezau
07-08-2010, 12:46 AM

I only see the Lakers as the only team with a realistic chance of beating this super squad. Then again, they still need solid, not great, but solid role players who can do the dirty work.

I guess once everything has been signed by these three, role players are going to start rushing just to be part of this team

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Cleveland fans took a shit all over Lebron when he had a rare bad ending to a series vs. Boston, even though nobody helped him again..they were crucifying him for it, even going as far as personal attacks against the guy that has pretty much been their entire franchise for years..he took them to a Finals, ECFs, brought the only attention they're ever going to receive..

I hope he doesn't give a fuck about "hurting" their fanbase, fuck them..

JMarkJohns
07-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Why would he do that? Aren't him and Wade good friends?

Who cares? What's better than getting a huge pay day to play for fans who appreciate you for simply staying put? Why burden yourself with expectations. You put them three together, there's a minimum of Titles to equal success, and it's greater than 1, which is the total number shared by the three at present.

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Lebron-Wade-Bosh need a legit defensive C and a shooting PG, with 1 or 2 decent bench players, and they would easily win the title IMO..

The Lakers were a weak champion this year IMO, even if it isn't a popular opinion..they would need to ensure that Bynum is healthy if they would want to beat that team..

ezau
07-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Cleveland fans took a shit all over Lebron when he had a rare bad ending to a series vs. Boston, even though nobody helped him again..they were crucifying him for it, even going as far as personal attacks against the guy that has pretty much been their entire franchise for years..he took them to a Finals, ECFs, brought the only attention they're ever going to receive..

I hope he doesn't give a fuck about "hurting" their fanbase, fuck them..

Cleveland is a fucking shithole. A player of Lebron's caliber doesn't deserve to play for that team

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 12:51 AM
I can't see LeBron leaving. I think this is just all a diversion. He wants to top Jordan. LeBron going to Chicago, or going to Any other team beside Cle would be considered cheating in his mind. Jordan never left Chicago, as did Kobe with LA. Him leaving to go with a superstar studded team would'nt leave the same legacy for this attention seeking jerkoff.

I think he'll pretty much be judged on number of rings he wins. If he gets 7 or more, he'll be looked on by most as better than Jordan if he keeps playing on the level he's been playing at. Doesn't matter if he "stacked the deck" by getting "ringers" or whatever. Most people flat out will not care. Scoreboard. History is written by the winners. Winning is the ultimate deodorant. Etc.

So again I say I do not fault him for wanting to join Wade and Bosh. It's an incredible opportunity, maybe even unprecedented. Bosh is a tier below Wade and LeBron but he's no chopped liver. And Wade and LeBron are such special, inner-circle HOF level talents, to have all three playing together in their primes is just ridiculous.

Killakobe81
07-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Who cares? Bring it. Maybe that will cause Buss to sign even more weapons ...

TBH be nice if Lakers were NOT the favorites ..like we have been since the Pau trade ...

Pistons < Spurs
07-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Last years Free Throw attempt leaders:

1 Kevin Durant, SF 840
2 Dwight Howard, C 816
3 LeBron James, SF 773
4 Dwyane Wade, SG 702
5 Amare Stoudemire, PF 632
6 Carmelo Anthony, SF 612
7 Chris Bosh, PF 590

All on the same team.......

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Who cares? Bring it. Maybe that will cause Buss to sign even more weapons ...

TBH be nice if Lakers were NOT the favorites ..like we have been since the Pau trade ...

Heh. When were the Lakers the favorites again?

To hear 80% of the folks around here tell it, it was always Boston, Cleveland, Orlando, Spurs or :lol Nuggets or :lol Dallas.

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Last years Free Throw attempt leaders:

1 Kevin Durant, SF 840
2 Dwight Howard, C 816
3 LeBron James, SF 773
4 Dwyane Wade, SG 702
5 Amare Stoudemire, PF 632
6 Carmelo Anthony, SF 612
7 Chris Bosh, PF 590

All on the same team.......

Refs will have to be using titanium whistles. Could make the first 2 games of this year's Finals look like World Cup games when it comes to stoppages of play.

DazedAndConfused
07-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Something tells me all these leaks have been planned ahead of time by LBJ's crew.

It would be nice to see him stick with Cleveland. That franchise, city, and fanbase would be devastated if he left.

DMX7
07-08-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm thinking it's probably going to be Cleveland. It would be so cold blooded to put on this whole show just to stab your home state in the back.

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 01:10 AM
crazy...i'd never thought a superstar of this calibur would accept to join another mans team and play the Robin role.

DDS4
07-08-2010, 01:10 AM
His announcement is being made in Connecticut. I don't know how he can set foot in the state of Ohio again if he doesn't stay with CLE.

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 01:13 AM
The Lakers were a weak champion this year IMO, even if it isn't a popular opinion..they would need to ensure that Bynum is healthy if they would want to beat that team..

Wade/Bosh/Lebron/Riley and a bunch of scrubs wont beat an experienced team with Bryant/Gasol/Artest/Odom/Bynum/Jackson.

Have fun with your fantasy though.

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 01:15 AM
His announcement is being made in Connecticut. I don't know how he can set foot in the state of Ohio again if he doesn't stay with CLE.

I dont get whats the big deal its LeBrons choice to pick where to go not the fans

scanry

I wouldn't put Kobe alongside MJ just yet. Kobe still had to prove a lot before he won his 4th (and 1st as the mannn).

Sooner rather than later a star player (here Lebron) will ultimately win a finals mvp on a stacked team. That's the reason why people never gave Kobe credit till his 4th ring and rightfully so?

Pistons < Spurs
The Catch, Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, The Mesa and new for 2010 ... The Decision! Cleveland Rocks!

Gutter92
07-08-2010, 01:16 AM
crazy...i'd never thought a superstar of this calibur would accept to join another mans team and play the Robin role.

'00, '01, '02

Granted Kobe wasn't nearly the Superstar LeBron is now...but its not like you haven't seen a star playing Robin to another superstar...happened on your own team in the aforementioned years.

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't put Kobe alongside MJ just yet. Kobe still had to prove a lot before he won his 4th (and 1st as the mannn).

Sooner rather than later a star player (here Lebron) will ultimately win a finals mvp on a stacked team. That's the reason why people never gave Kobe credit till his 4th ring and rightfully so?

we'll see...if this superteam gets a ring...i'd think Wade would probably be Finals MVP being he's more clutch down the stretch.

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 01:18 AM
'00, '01, '02

Granted Kobe wasn't nearly the Superstar LeBron is now...but its not like you haven't seen a star playing Robin to another superstar...happened on your own team in the aforementioned years.

You help prove my point...00 01 02...Kobe was forced to play Robin...then booted Batman's ass out...started from scratch to start his own team and now got two rings as Batman.

Once again, I said "i'd never thought a superstar of this calibur would accept to join another mans team and play the Robin role. "

Lebron is doing it totally opposite of Kobe.

Venti Quattro
07-08-2010, 01:21 AM

He's going to play road games in Cleveland

Mhak
07-08-2010, 01:24 AM
You help prove my point...00 01 02...Kobe was forced to play Robin...then booted Batman's ass out...started from scratch to start his own team and now got two rings as Batman.

Once again, I said "i'd never thought a superstar of this calibur would accept to join another mans team and play the Robin role. "

Just because he is joining another team means he isn't batman... If this ever happen, He will be the the man/batman on the team. Wade and bosh agreed that they will be waiting on bron and plus he will have a press conference just to join!!

BRHornet45
07-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Chris Paul, one of James' best friends, has urged him to stay and let new Cavaliers coach Byron Scott coach him, according to sources. With such strong sentiment around him to not go to Miami it's possible James could alter his decision.

phxspurfan
07-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Everybody's already so sold on Wade, Bosh and James creating an unstoppable team, but I don't buy it yet. Even if it were to happen, there are teams that had far less talent be far more dominant, like of course the early 90s Bulls. Also, remember the 4 Hall of Famers that the '05 Lakers had? What good did that do against the talent-less Pistons? They got curbstomped by the team with more chemistry.

Plus what happens if any of those 3 goes down with injury? Even a loss of HCA for the finals (not having the league's best record) could be disastrous. What if they had to play the Lakers in Game 7 in LA?

BRHornet45
07-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Some in James' camp would like him to stay in Cleveland, and James indeed worked hard to help the Cavaliers improve their roster. He tried to sell Bosh on the idea of coming to Cleveland, but the 6-11 forward was adamant that he did not want to play in northeast Ohio.

lol poor Cleveland

Mhak
07-08-2010, 01:28 AM
SuperMan is only Joining Batman and robin!!!

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2010, 01:29 AM
seriously this faggot needs to go to the knicks, i wanna see a rivalry where the east is not a walk in the park for the rich teams loaded with players..

at leasts the bulls, heat and celtics, magic...we need knicks to be in teh equation..we dont want a lopsided team in the east only

noob cake
07-08-2010, 01:31 AM
seriously this faggot needs to go to the knicks, i wanna see a rivalry where the east is not a walk in the park for the rich teams loaded with players..

at leasts the bulls, heat and celtics, magic...we need knicks to be in teh equation..we dont want a lopsided team in the east only

Fuck no, Rockets need those Knicks picks

Can't wait to see Amare pick and roll with Toney D, huge downgrade from Nash

mytespurs
07-08-2010, 01:33 AM
One thing for sure.......if this is true, we know what the NBA showcase game will be Xmas day: Heat at Lakers :lol:lol

This would be exciting to have 2.5 megastars on one team though I don't think they're contenders overnight-they would need to make some moves in order to compete with a team like the Lakers. But on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing him on a team like Chicago or stay w/Cleveland-I think it would be more interesting to spread the talent about...have 4-5 good teams vs one megateam.

I really feel for Cleveland-how devastating if he leaves.....what becomes of that team......

Smooth Criminal
07-08-2010, 01:34 AM
NBA history is littered with "almosts."

Kings almost took out the Lakers in 02.
Spurs almost took out the Lakers in 04.
Mavs almost took out the Heat in 06.
Cavs almost took out the Celtics in 08.

Ad nauseam.
You forgot the sweetest of all
The Celtics almost took LA out in 2010

JamStone
07-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Just because he is joining another team means he isn't batman... If this ever happen, He will be the the man/batman on the team. Wade and bosh agreed that they will be waiting on bron and plus he will have a press conference just to join!!

I disagree.

I think it would be easier for LeBron to play with Wade and Bosh if it were at New Jersey or New York because then, none of the three would already have the connection Wade has with Miami and Miami Heat fans. Bosh doesn't mind being a second banana. But that's not LeBron. That's not his ego. LeBron could be the best player of the three, put up the best stats of the three, win the Finals MVP, but the Miami Heat will still be Wade's team. That's why I have a problem believing LeBron will end up in Miami. LeBron cannot create a true legacy on Dwyane Wade's team.

I could be wrong, but I think even if he said he's going to Miami to Wade and Bosh and people close to him, I think he's going to have a change of heart last minute. He could never be known as the greatest ever playing on someone else's team. I think his ego keeps him from going down there.

namlook
07-08-2010, 01:37 AM
These "leaks" create more drama. If he now says Cleveland everyone will gasp and applaud him.

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 01:40 AM
These "leaks" create more drama. If he now says Cleveland everyone will gasp and applaud him.

:lol scared

BRHornet45
07-08-2010, 01:46 AM

son that is a very good point and true ... it creates for a wonderful storyline and like you said, if he chooses Cleveland people will applaud his "loyalty". you would be foolish to think that Vince McMahon and his lead writers over there at the WWE haven't been in close contact with Stern. I wouldn't be surprised if this "The Decision" show was McMahon's idea.

z0sa
07-08-2010, 01:48 AM
I disagree.

I think it would be easier for LeBron to play with Wade and Bosh if it were at New Jersey or New York because then, none of the three would already have the connection Wade has with Miami and Miami Heat fans. Bosh doesn't mind being a second banana. But that's not LeBron. That's not his ego. LeBron could be the best player of the three, put up the best stats of the three, win the Finals MVP, but the Miami Heat will still be Wade's team. That's why I have a problem believing LeBron will end up in Miami. LeBron cannot create a true legacy on Dwyane Wade's team.

I could be wrong, but I think even if he said he's going to Miami to Wade and Bosh and people close to him, I think he's going to have a change of heart last minute. He could never be known as the greatest ever playing on someone else's team. I think his ego keeps him from going down there.

I definitely see your angle, but this is pro sports we're talking here. Fairweather and casual fans make up the majority of the fanbase. If LeBron truly led them to a title, and Wade/Bosh were definitely the sidekicks however badass of sidekicks they may be, I don't think Heatfan would have any trouble crowning LeBron, so to speak; especially with the MM shoving this new dream team down our throats every second. And I know I am one to always say, the people don't GAF about the who is top dog as long as the team is winning.

DMX7
07-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Well... Jarred Dudley and Dejuan Blair both tweeted that it'll be the New York Knicks, so there's some fuel to add to the fire.

z0sa
07-08-2010, 01:54 AM
you would be foolish to think that Vince McMahon and his lead writers over there at the WWE haven't been in close contact with Stern. I wouldn't be surprised if this "The Decision" show was McMahon's idea.

:rollin

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 01:55 AM
I definitely see your angle, but this is pro sports we're talking here. Fairweather and casual fans make up the majority of the fanbase. If LeBron truly led them to a title, and Wade/Bosh were definitely the sidekicks however badass of sidekicks they may be, I don't think Heatfan would have any trouble crowning LeBron, so to speak; especially with the MM shoving this new dream team down our throats every second. And I know I am one to always say, the people don't GAF about the who is top dog as long as the team is winning.

good point..thats why z0sa thinks Kobe's 5 rings is legit!

The Third Man
07-08-2010, 01:58 AM
So, the leak that he's going to Miami is being used to soften the blow for Cleveland when he goes to the Knicks? I would think it would be the other way around. If I were a Cleveland fan I could understand why he wanted to play with Wade and Bosh and win championships. Going to New York would indicate that James is more worried about his brand.

Harry Callahan
07-08-2010, 01:59 AM
This process with the Three Stooges sickens me. If Miami ends up with all three of the top free agents, the NBA has been damaged as a viable product for years to come.

Ever since 2003, the players from that draft class have been coddled and overrated - they have very little success to show for it.

Miami might be the Worst Sports Town in America and I wish nothing but failure for the Heat - even if Drama Queen James doesn't go to Miami.

I guess ESPN will produce a documentary about the amazing exploits of the 2010 Miami Heat.

Let the circus begin at 9PM eastern time tonight. I won't be watching the "Worldwide Leader in Sports" I guarantee you that.

Jeremy
07-08-2010, 01:59 AM
If he joins the Heat, my respect for him will go way up.

If he cares about winning, he'll choose Miami.

If he cares about building a billion-dollar LeBron brand and having the spotlight/being the man, he'll choose NY.

07-08-2010, 02:00 AM
i think lebron will be fine going down in history with bosh and wade. none of the two stars are bigger than lebron, the 2x MVP. it's not like kobe and shaq, where shaq was the obvious superstar the first 3peat or jordan and pippen. if the heat win, this will be a pierce/garnett/allen legacy rather than a kobe piggybacking on shaq kind of thing. the player than wins finals mvp will probably get a little more credit like pierce but in the end all three players will be equally important.

Jeremy
07-08-2010, 02:01 AM
It will be 3 stars and a bunch of vet min guys or d-leaguers

Those vet mins could be pretty good players. Think about how many players will want to play with "the Huge 3."

redzero
07-08-2010, 02:02 AM

If there is, Orlando probably reached it already.

I swear, every Magic game was nationally televised.

cobbler
07-08-2010, 02:05 AM

The Kobe haters care. Accorrding to their criteria any title for Miami would not be a full title for Lebron, Wade, or Bosh since they have their Shaq and/or Gasol in the others. MJ's GOAT legacy would prevail even if LBJ won 8 in a row with a cast like that. :lmao

angelbelow
07-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Not surprised.. probably already in the play before the FAgency started.

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 02:07 AM
i think lebron will be fine going down in history with bosh and wade. none of the two stars are bigger than lebron, the 2x MVP. it's not like kobe and shaq, where shaq was the obvious superstar the first 3peat or jordan and pippen. if the heat win, this will be a pierce/garnett/allen legacy rather than a kobe piggybacking on shaq kind of thing. the player than wins finals mvp will probably get a little more credit like pierce but in the end all three players will be equally important.

yah thats right...both Wade and Bosh are ringless like Lebron. :rolleyes

DJ Mbenga
07-08-2010, 02:08 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14007799&postcount=317

the trolling has begun

DMX7
07-08-2010, 02:12 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14007799&postcount=317

the trolling has begun

Ha! That one was pretty good.

07-08-2010, 02:14 AM
i don't know if the heat can win next year with a bunch of minimum players coming off the bench but they will spend five years together with five years worth of MLE's.

DMX7
07-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Miami just isn't a basketball city, it's hardly a sports city anymore. I can't imagine Lebron wanting to go there even if Bosh and Wade (and a whole shit load of scrubs) are there.

namlook
07-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Dejuan Blair tweets:

# Just got done talkin wit my BIg BRoThEr Amare Im happy for him hopefully one day I get a deal like that hard work imma #grind till I get it!

# Lebron to the Knicks watch!!!!! Shhhhhhhhhh!\

http://twitter.com/dejuan45

Chillen
07-08-2010, 02:22 AM
As a Bulls fan I am still hoping all these reports are false and just smokescreens to setup for the real team he chooses, the Bulls. I know it seems like it won't happen but now with Rose, Noah, Boozer, Deng Chicago has more depth than Miami and he would basically be the man in Chicago. still hoping but I know it probably won't happen.

DMX7
07-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Dejuan Blair tweets:

# Just got done talkin wit my BIg BRoThEr Amare Im happy for him hopefully one day I get a deal like that hard work imma #grind till I get it!

# Lebron to the Knicks watch!!!!! Shhhhhhhhhh!\

http://twitter.com/dejuan45

Yes, I mentioned that earlier. Also, Jarred Dudley says the same thing via twitter.

InRareForm
07-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Wade/Bosh/Lebron/Riley and a bunch of scrubs wont beat an experienced team with Bryant/Gasol/Artest/Odom/Bynum/Jackson.

Have fun with your fantasy though.

this reeks of insecurity

Budkin
07-08-2010, 02:27 AM
From J.A. Adande, ESPN:

http://twitter.com/jadande/status/18017172836

Part of me thinks LeBron's camp is just floating this Miami thing to gauge the reaction. And what I've seen has not been positive.

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 02:29 AM
this reeks of insecurity

why is it insecure? We're back to back champions and have upgraded our bench. Our starting 5 is just as good as thiers. Please explain.

SPurs fans benn overusing the word "insecure" as of late.

himat
07-08-2010, 02:30 AM
I don't believe it until he says it. Not only is the Heat Wade's team, but every ring that LeBron would win there, Wade would win one too...and he already has one (meaning he'd be one step above LBJ every year).

We might say who cares? He's getting millions and is winning, but the type of expectations that have been put on him are the type that if he is not in the running for on the greatest players to ever play the game, then he underachieved. If he goes to Miami it might keep him out of that conversation even if he does win.

MJ and Kobe stayed put even when the situation was bad (yes I know they complained and almost left but ultimately they stayed). Either he has to stay in Cleveland or he has to go to a team where he is clearly the man. Miami is not that place.

DMX7
07-08-2010, 02:30 AM
The J.A. Adande Lounge is not the best source.

Flo-Rida
07-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Quite frankly it looks like Stephen A Smith was right

DMX7
07-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Quite frankly it looks like Stephen A Smith was right

If Stupid A. Smith is reporting that Lebron James isn't going to New York, then it's official: Lebron James is a New York Knick.

Congratulations, LeBron! :toast

namlook
07-08-2010, 02:37 AM
I don't believe it until he says it. Not only is the Heat Wade's team, but every ring that LeBron would win there, Wade would win one too...and he already has one (meaning he'd be one step above LBJ every year).

We might say who cares? He's getting millions and is winning, but the type of expectations that have been put on him are the type that if he is not in the running for on the greatest players to ever play the game, then he underachieved. If he goes to Miami it might keep him out of that conversation even if he does win.

MJ and Kobe stayed put even when the situation was bad (yes I know they complained and almost left but ultimately they stayed). Either he has to stay in Cleveland or he has to go to a team where he is clearly the man. Miami is not that place.

This makes total sense. The Heat are Wade's team. Lebron wants to make his own mark. The Knicks would fit the bill and he has an all NBA player there now in Amare. With Dudley and Dejuan Blair both stating they have talked to Amare and tweeting Lebron is going to the Knicks it looks like the Knicks have the inside track.

kamikazi_player
07-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Wonder how many Heat fans will join this site after tomorrow :lol

himat
07-08-2010, 02:41 AM
This makes total sense. The Heat are Wade's team. Lebron wants to make his own mark. The Knicks would fit the bill and he has an all NBA team talent there to play with now. With Dudley and Dejuan Blair both stating they have talked to Amare and tweeting Lebron is going to the Knicks it looks like the Knicks have the inside track.

Yep. I'm not saying he isn't better than Wade, but that team would not be LeBron's team. I really hope all 3 don't go to the same team. Not because I'm scared of them, but because I think that would start a bad trend in the NBA. (Cutting contracts to be able to give max money to multiple free agents, and superstars shortening their contracts so they can go on the market during the same summer.)

07-08-2010, 02:41 AM
lebron isn't some crazy egomaniac. he wants to win. everything he does on and off the court paints him as an unselfish player who will do anything to win. he's not like kobe. he doesn't care who gets credit nor does he throw his team or teammates under the bus when he fails. he takes responsibility and recognizes what he has to do to win.

Flo-Rida
07-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Wonder how many Heat fans will join this site after tomorrow :lol

:toast . Proud to say me and miamiheat were here before all this was even possible .

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 02:44 AM
lebron isn't some crazy egomaniac. he wants to win. everything he does on and off the court paints him as an unselfish player who will do anything to win. he's not like kobe. he doesn't care who gets credit nor does he throw his team or teammates under the bus when he fails. he takes responsibility and recognizes what he has to do to win.

:lol:rollin:lmao

slick'81
07-08-2010, 02:44 AM
hate to say it but im actually looking forward for 8pm ct :wow

http://thenbr.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/lebron_wade.jpg

DMX7
07-08-2010, 02:45 AM
well... he's isn't going there, so tough.

Whisky Dog
07-08-2010, 02:49 AM

The guy set up a hour long "worship me" special on ESPN to announce his team. That means it's 58 min of please let's all bow our heads and worship Lebron and commercials before he chooses. The guy actually refers to himself as king James, he's the ultimate sports egomaniac. Look at his actions not his words.

There's no way he goes to be in a big 3 in Miami. That shit wouldn't work anyway because there's only one ball and 5 to 6 other minimum scrubs that would be getting significant time. Who would they have as a PG to get them the ball in spots to produce? That kind if egomaniac has to to be the main attraction in the leage and definitely on his own team.

The most logical situation is Chicago where the supporting cast is very good but he'd still be the superstar. He'd have his PG and a very quick running team around him.

ezau
07-08-2010, 03:02 AM
This makes total sense. The Heat are Wade's team. Lebron wants to make his own mark. The Knicks would fit the bill and he has an all NBA player there now in Amare. With Dudley and Dejuan Blair both stating they have talked to Amare and tweeting Lebron is going to the Knicks it looks like the Knicks have the inside track.

You should put me in your ignore list

07-08-2010, 03:06 AM
The guy set up a hour long "worship me" special on ESPN to announce his team. That means it's 58 min of please let's all bow our heads and worship Lebron and commercials before he chooses. The guy actually refers to himself as king James, he's the ultimate sports egomaniac. Look at his actions not his words.

There's no way he goes to be in a big 3 in Miami. That shit wouldn't work anyway because there's only one ball and 5 to 6 other minimum scrubs that would be getting significant time. Who would they have as a PG to get them the ball in spots to produce? That kind if egomaniac has to to be the main attraction in the leage and definitely on his own team.

The most logical situation is Chicago where the supporting cast is very good but he'd still be the superstar. He'd have his PG and a very quick running team around him.
lebron only gets as much attention as basketball fans give him. the amount of attention he gets has nothing to do with his basketball actions. he passes the ball, respects his teammates, and doesn't go off calling out teammates or demanding a trade. he has behaved professionally when it comes to basketball like duncan or dirk. he's not like shaq, who gloated when kobe lost or kobe when he publicly threw multiple members of the lakers under the bus. if you want to judge him by his actions, what actions has he taken to ensure that he's the undisputed superstar of a team? did he refuse to accept shaq because it risked shaq taking away some of his limelight?

if lebron was such an egomaniac, he wouldn't go the bulls where he would be constantly under jordan's shadow. probably wouldn't share the spotlight with amare either, he's too close to superstar status. definitely won't consider the heat. he would stay in cleveland and suck for the rest of his career because he will think he's good enough to win a ring with the cavs. i doubt he stays with the cavs.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 03:11 AM
LeBron isn't an egomaniac.

It's not like he tattooed "Chosen One" on his back or something.

It's not like he is marketed like a divinity with a following of disciples and witnesses.

It's not like he had a shoe company come up with a different designed shoe for each of his possible suitors in free agency.

It's not like he's above shaking hands with the players of a team that beat him in a playoff series.

It's not like he had a free agency parade of pomp and circumstance culminating in an hour special on national TV that is getting hype that rivals the arrival of the Beatles to the United States.

LeBron isn't an egomaniac. It's not like he's self-absorbed or anything.

ezau
07-08-2010, 03:11 AM

Nah, this has nothing to do with being an egomaniac. It's all about marketing and his agent is doing a very good job of selling the "Lebron" brand.

Lebron actually is a very willing and great passer. He also gets along well with his teammates while not blaming anyone when he loses.

IMHO though, he's more concerned about earning money than winning. If his main goal is actually become the first athlete billionaire, it tells you tons about his priorities as a player. Money first, win later.

Chieflion
07-08-2010, 03:14 AM

It's not like he is marketed like a divinity with a following of disciples and witnesses.

It's not like he had a shoe company come up with a different designed shoe for each of his possible suitors in free agency.

It's not like he's above shaking hands with the players of a team that beat him in a playoff series.

It's not like he had a free agency parade of pomp and circumstance culminating in an hour special on national TV that is getting hype that rivals the arrival of the Beatles to the United States.

Jam, don't complain about shaking hands. Your bad boys tried to get away before the game ended.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Jam, don't complain about shaking hands. Your bad boys tried to get away before the game ended.

I'm not complaining about it.

And Isiah Thomas and Bill Laimbeer were two of the biggest assholes in their playing days. And walking off before the game ended and not shaking hands with the Bulls was a major dick move. What's your point?

People haven't figured out by now that slamming the team I root for doesn't change my opinions? I'll be the first one to bash anything Detroit Pistons if it's deserved.

07-08-2010, 03:20 AM

none of the things listed have to do with basketball actions. maybe the shaking hand part but i wouldn't want to shake hands after losing either. people to learn to separate lebron's marketing from lebron as a basketball player. i don't see how lebron having a hour program to benefit charity will affect him and his team or teammates, while kobe throwing bynum and shaq under the bus or publicly calling for a trade negatively affects the lakers. again, it's not like lebron publicly declared himself the best player in the world like pierce.

redzero
07-08-2010, 03:21 AM
I'm not complaining about it.

And Isiah Thomas and Bill Laimbeer were two of the biggest assholes in their playing days. And walking off before the game ended and not shaking hands with the Bulls was a major dick move. What's your point?

People haven't figured out by now that slamming the team I root for doesn't change my opinions? I'll be the first one to bash anything Detroit Pistons if it's deserved.

Yeah, but Laimbeer flopped so your post is invalid.

Andrew Bynum
07-08-2010, 03:27 AM
:toast . Proud to say me and miamiheat were here before all this was even possible .

:lol Except you didn't start showing up again until your shit team had a chance to be good again.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 03:31 AM
none of the things listed have to do with basketball actions. maybe the shaking hand part but i wouldn't want to shake hands after losing either. people to learn to separate lebron's marketing from lebron as a basketball player. i don't see how lebron having a hour program to benefit charity will affect him and his team or teammates, while kobe throwing bynum and shaq under the bus or publicly calling for a trade negatively affects the lakers. again, it's not like lebron publicly declared himself the best player in the world like pierce.

You initially said LeBron "isn't some crazy egomaniac. he wants to win. everything he does on and off the court paints him as an unselfish player who will do anything to win."

His actions off the court, which you included in your original comment, paint a very different picture than a purely "unselfish" player who only wants to win. He's basically said he's more concerned about making money. And this decision isn't just about what's involved "on the court."

His ego both on and off the court will dictate his decision. If he chooses to go to Miami, even with all these reports that that is where he is leaning, I'd still be shocked. I don't think he can do it. Every championship he wins, even if he's the top dog, it will still be one less than Wade.

He can prove me wrong. But I'd be stunned.

kamikazi_player
07-08-2010, 03:33 AM
Once I read this thread, I thought of this song

EMPArYnklYo

07-08-2010, 03:42 AM
You initially said LeBron "isn't some crazy egomaniac. he wants to win. everything he does on and off the court paints him as an unselfish player who will do anything to win."

His actions off the court, which you included in your original comment, paint a very different picture than a purely "unselfish" player who only wants to win. He's basically said he's more concerned about making money. And this decision isn't just about what's involved "on the court."

His ego both on and off the court will dictate his decision. If he chooses to go to Miami, even with all these reports that that is where he is leaning, I'd still be shocked. I don't think he can do it. Every championship he wins, even if he's the top dog, it will still be one less than Wade.

He can prove me wrong. But I'd be stunned.
again, people should learn to separate lebron's marketing and lebron as a basketball player. on and off the court pertains to basketball. lebron can't demand a trade in the middle of playing basketball. things like kobe going on the radio to demand a trade is an "off the court" action that's relevant to basketball. the things you listed had nothing to do with basketball. i could care less about his marketing, shoes, or tattoos as long as he continues to behave professionally in the world of basketball.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 04:02 AM
How does "off the court" pertain to basketball? Or do you just not want to be wrong that badly?

How does this entire Disney princess free agency movie he's put on for his "decision" not pertain to basketball?

How does having a one hour special to announce his next "kingdom" not pertain to basketball?

I'm sure LeBron got that "Chosen One" tattoo in reference to how he's so great at skateboarding or ping pong, right?

You want on the court examples? How about that 50/10/9 game he had in Madison Square Garden after Kobe had just put up 60 there, and LeBron snatching the ball out of Ben Wallace's hands to get his "triple double?"

How about talking shit to Chris Bosh's girlfriend on the sidelines?

How about dancing ON THE COURT while he's not even in the game WHILE the game is going on?

How about the powder toss?

How about fake photography?

Those things pertain to basketball? Those things not egomaniachal?

How about flirting with the New York media before and after games versus the Knicks?

No, not egotistical at all... in whatever universe you live in.

sook
07-08-2010, 04:12 AM
How does "off the court" pertain to basketball? Or do you just not want to be wrong that badly?

How does this entire Disney princess free agency movie he's put on for his "decision" not pertain to basketball?

How does having a one hour special to announce his next "kingdom" not pertain to basketball?

I'm sure LeBron got that "Chosen One" tattoo in reference to how he's so great at skateboarding or ping pong, right?

You want on the court examples? How about that 50/10/9 game he had in Madison Square Garden after Kobe had just put up 60 there, and LeBron snatching the ball out of Ben Wallace's hands to get his "triple double?"

How about dancing ON THE COURT while he's not even in the game WHILE the game is going on?

How about flirting with the New York media before and after games versus the Knicks?

Hit the nail on the head. If he does leave cleveland it is going to be one of the most classless things I have ever seen, considering they have had to worry about this bullshit for 2 yrs now with all the NY crap.

Warlord23
07-08-2010, 04:18 AM
So I take it Antoine Walker and Gary Payton are available to lace 'em up and chase rings again? The Heat's championship aspirations will be determined by the quality of role players who are willing to give them a discount.

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 04:21 AM
:lmao this nigga jamstone real mad :lmao

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Grim news.

Cane
07-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Kobe (rape settlement, breaking up Shaq/Phil Jackson, talking about leaving Lakers until the infamous Gasol trade, tendency to be a stat-padder that got called out on such by teammates even in 2010), Shaq (feud with Kobe, how does my ass taste, got lazy/fat, movie/TV star, always trying to use his "marketing skills" by being a loudmouth on camera, divorce), MJ (baseball, Wizards, Bobcats, divorce), LeBron (not shaking hands/being unsportsmanlike in the past, taking away that dunk vid from a NIKE camp, unparalleled media coverage, probably leaving Cavs in firesale mode) Allen Iverson (trials/controversies, talking about practice?!, Detroit/Memphis/2010 season) , KG (fist pumping, cheap-shotting, douche, left Twolves, annoying persona) , Barkley (loads of controversial incidents, consistent asshat shit whether its DUI's or just being stupid on TV), etc. all are attention whores with incredible ego's especially when they were younger and it looks like these habits die hard since many will go through some kind of NBA-midlife crisis as well. Thats what likely happens when young people get a ton of media coverage.

But if LeBron takes less than max money then he joins the likes of Dirk, Duncan, etc of superstars that were willing to take on less $$$ to try and grab a championship which gets some props. If the ringless King joins Miami he joins a team, county, city, and franchise where Wade not only has the ring but is the real King and leaves his hometown empire behind.

By joining the Miami Thrice you're basically committing to a team oriented style of basketball ala Team USA since thats the only way I see it working. This could also have an extra benefit of extending all their careers as opposed to them having to carry an entire team on their back like they have been.

FkLA
07-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Wont believe it till I see it.

Just seems like some bullshit ploy to try to get more viewers for tomorrow's ridiculous one-hour "special". No way this happens imo.

ezau
07-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Hit the nail on the head. If he does leave cleveland it is going to be one of the most classless things I have ever seen, considering they have had to worry about this bullshit for 2 yrs now with all the NY crap.

It has nothing to do with being classless. If he wants to win and earn serious money for a long time, then leaving that shithole is first priority

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 04:36 AM
It's no more a shithole than San Antonio is.

FkLA
07-08-2010, 04:38 AM
leaving your hometown team, especially a city like cleveland which is notorious for losing, out to dry like this would be classless...fucking benedict arnoldish.

FkLA
07-08-2010, 04:40 AM
It's no more a shithole than San Antonio is.

take that back cully, take it back, you gullible child you.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 04:40 AM
I've been to both cities. I know whence I speak.

z0sa
07-08-2010, 04:42 AM

Never to LA though :lol

Chieflion
07-08-2010, 04:44 AM

Culby, your Phoenix Lakers have 16 rings. Never been to LA though.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 04:45 AM
I went once to Disneyland and the old Forum in the nosebleeds, but, I didn't want to bring it up at the time......Will Hunting was gettin' his fit on, up 3-2 that-a-way.

tee, hee.

InK
07-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Laker fan confused about what to think about this. Using arguments that they laughed at a week ago, acting bi polar, disorienteted. Good times.

Going to the Heat secures Lebron's legacy, whatever it might end up beeing. He has been in this league for half a decade, and has nothing to show for it except some regular season MVP's, that and a bucket of money. Going to Heat gets him the ship's, at least one (most likely a lot more then one). If he is about winning, then he takes the 500k paycut first year along with Bosh and Wade, and demolishes the league in the upcomming years.

In a leauge where teams like Celts and Lakers are so stacked, to the point where its literally impossible to build a team like that in a legit manner, what other real option does he have? To be a constant underdog against them, why do that, when you have a onetimeinalife chance to get on the same terms with those artificially constructed teams, teams which were given players for free?

Lebron did his best Jordan impression last few years and failed, time to try something new.

07-08-2010, 05:20 AM

:lol you get mad pretty easily. how has any of lebron's antics affected his play, his teammates, or team? answer is that it doesn't. these actions have nothing to do with basketball. i'm sure the powder toss negatively affects his teammates' play. he probably throws them into their eyes while they're warming up nearby. that tattoo he keeps under his jersey must make every teammate hate him. he and jameer nelson with his "all eyes on me" tattoo must be the two most hated players on their teams. his one hour special to benefit kids is definitely going to ruin team chemistry with his new team. he might as well ask for a trade because it's just as bad. as for the triple double thing, him allegedly trying to get a triple double must take away from the fact that he scored 50, got 10 assists, and 9 rebounds to beat down the knicks for the win. and oh no, lebron talks to the ny media someone should tell him he's only allowed to talk to the cavs media

don't hate lebron just because the media and fans, including you, give him so much positive and negative attention. should hate on him when he actually engages in shit talking in public like when the wizards did to him or when kobe told shaq to go suck it when he won his fifth ring or when he starts barking like a dog against smaller players like garnett. there are so many other players more worthy of your hate. lebron's marketing side is just business and does not affect his basketball play nor his teammates nor his team.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 05:27 AM
Laker fan confused about what to think about this. Using arguments that they laughed at a week ago, acting bi polar, disorienteted. Good times.

Sayeth San Antonio Heat fandom.

tee, hee.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Dan LeBatard Show

66k each for baseline courtside....courtside is 100k plus....and they're selling.......@RicBucher reporting lebron flying into miami now

about 7 hours ago via web

boston.balla
07-08-2010, 05:35 AM
san bostonio heated bulls of new york are gonna drill the league a new one next season :lol

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Po, but, paid off Spoelstra......

Knock, knock.

Who's there.

We goin' Sizzler, we goin' Sizzler.

Gd you, Pat.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 05:42 AM
san bostonio heated bulls of new york are gonna drill the league a new one next season :lol

Hell, Balla, you got at least one of the O'Neal's comin'. Perhaps both. You resigned both Allen & Piertest (they actually fused during The Finals-tee, hee). Wallace still ain't put in his papers and Perkins is doin' his Powe impersonation.

Ainge is still seething. Good for him.

Don't sell yourself short. Rinse the Heat and come West. We're gonna lock you at 17 and then go on to the end.

ffadicted
07-08-2010, 05:45 AM
I swear to god this happens, and I'll actually root for LAL if they ever play in the finals. I never thought I'd be saying this lol

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 05:59 AM
I swear to god this happens, and I'll actually root for LAL if they ever play in the finals. I never thought I'd be saying this lol

nah bro, you're knee jerking.

the Spurs were not going to reach the Finals again in the Tim Duncan era as long as the Lakers are stacked. you know it, i know it. Lakers are fags with the gasol trade, the fisher fiasco, kobe the rapist, etc.

HEAT don't make any difference to spurs. spurs were not getting out of the west anyway

and you got to respect LeBron and Wade and Bosh if they do team up together.

they are giving up more money, and their ego, by playing together.

unselfish Team USA attitude. you gotta respect that

mystargtr34
07-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Why would you support the Lakers? The Heat did this the right/fair way, by intelligently manipulating their roster to have the opportunity to sign more than one max FA (potentially), while sacrificing immediate gain. The Lakers just flat out colluded.

If the Heat acquired Bosh via trade for Joel Anthony, Chris Quinn and a couple of draft picks, when a former Heat part-owner was working in the Toronto front office, then yea, you could probably have a legitimate excuse to dislike the Heat.

mingus
07-08-2010, 06:09 AM

Kobe's won a ring as the main man twice, which is really all that he has going for him if you wan to compare him to Jordan. IOW, he's not in Jordan's league.

Lebron will be the main man in Miami from the get go, there's no question about it, bec. Lebron is unquestionably better than him.

ploto
07-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Interesting to see how these three are teaming up at such an early age. They have years and years if Wade and LeBron can mesh thier egos. Bosh, I think, is happy to be third fiddle.

redzero
07-08-2010, 06:15 AM
nah bro, you're knee jerking.

the Spurs were not going to reach the Finals again in the Tim Duncan era as long as the Lakers are stacked. you know it, i know it. Lakers are fags with the gasol trade, the fisher fiasco, kobe the rapist, etc.

HEAT don't make any difference to spurs. spurs were not getting out of the west anyway

and you got to respect LeBron and Wade and Bosh if they do team up together.

they are giving up more money, and their ego, by playing together.

unselfish Team USA attitude. you gotta respect that

But LeBron is a selfish bastard who can't play team ball, so he's going to Miami because he can't win without other superstars... wait, what?

mingus
07-08-2010, 06:17 AM
they'll have to surround the team with role-players, though. people act like it's a sure thing this team will succeed and be a great dynasty...BUT THEY DON'T HAVE A SUPPORTING CAST. IDGAF about the superstar trio. to my knowledge, there has never been a team that has won w/o role players helping. until they shore that part up they are pretenders and i would prob. take Boston over them if they can find a replacement for Rasheed.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Kobe's won a ring as the main man twice, which is really all that he has going for him if you wan to compare him to Jordan. IOW, he's not in Jordan's league.

Lebron will be the main man in Miami from the get go, there's no question about it, bec. Lebron is unquestionably better than him.

Kobe: 5
Duncan: 4

Stings, don't it?

tee, hee.

pauls931
07-08-2010, 06:29 AM

Amare/Lebron, while fierce, would not completely dominate the league. And the Knicks are still a joke.

NJ has a solid core but was the worst team in the league last year. Does Lebron really plan to pull them all the way out of the gutter? Does he want to go from 30th to 1st?

The Chicago Bulls have nothing more to offer than the Jordan mystique factor.

And Cleveland has, well....let Lebron down for 6 years running (or is it the other way around?)

This is pretty funny coming from a spurs fan....

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 06:34 AM
they'll have to surround the team with role-players, though. people act like it's a sure thing this team will succeed and be a great dynasty...BUT THEY DON'T HAVE A SUPPORTING CAST. IDGAF about the superstar trio. to my knowledge, there has never been a team that has won w/o role players helping. until they shore that part up they are pretenders and i would prob. take Boston over them if they can find a replacement for Rasheed.

I guess they will never win anything until they find Luke Walton, Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, and Sasha Vujajic

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

mingus
07-08-2010, 06:45 AM
I guess they will never win anything until they find Luke Walton, Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, and Sasha Vujajic

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

never heard of Odom, Artest and D-Fish, i suppose? that's three other guys outside of their big three that contributed.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 06:55 AM
never heard of Odom, Artest and D-Fish, i suppose? that's three other guys outside of their big three that contributed.

thats because artest was gotten with the MLE, miami can do that after the 1st year, they get the MLE back and all that

it wont really matter, riley will find good guys to put around them. they won't have to score much, just play D, rebound, help out.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 07:04 AM
:lol you get mad pretty easily. how has any of lebron's antics affected his play, his teammates, or team? answer is that it doesn't. these actions have nothing to do with basketball. i'm sure the powder toss negatively affects his teammates' play. he probably throws them into their eyes while they're warming up nearby. that tattoo he keeps under his jersey must make every teammate hate him. he and jameer nelson with his "all eyes on me" tattoo must be the two most hated players on their teams. his one hour special to benefit kids is definitely going to ruin team chemistry with his new team. he might as well ask for a trade because it's just as bad. as for the triple double thing, him allegedly trying to get a triple double must take away from the fact that he scored 50, got 10 assists, and 9 rebounds to beat down the knicks for the win. and oh no, lebron talks to the ny media someone should tell him he's only allowed to talk to the cavs media

don't hate lebron just because the media and fans, including you, give him so much positive and negative attention. should hate on him when he actually engages in shit talking in public like when the wizards did to him or when kobe told shaq to go suck it when he won his fifth ring or when he starts barking like a dog against smaller players like garnett. there are so many other players more worthy of your hate. lebron's marketing side is just business and does not affect his basketball play nor his teammates nor his team.

Why do you keep changing your argument? First it's LeBron has no ego on or off the court. Then it's LeBron has no ego as it pertains to basketball. Now it's Lebron doesn't do anything that affects his team or teammates. You're going to keep changing the parameters of what you meant just so you're not wrong. Ummm ok.

I'm not mad at LeBron at all. All I was arguing was your notion that he has no ego. Clearly he does. This entire free agency has been about his ego. I think it's naive and foolish to think he doesn't.

And you want to know how it affects his team and teammates? LeBron is so consumed with being the greatest personality in the NBA, being buddy-buddy with everyone that he doesn't have the asshole tendencies to be a winner. Michael Jordan was a dick. Larry Bird was a prick. Kobe is an asshole. LeBron is everybody's favorite guy. He's like Magic Johnson off the court without the killer instinct on the court. That's because his off-the-court ego affects his on-the-court game. You have to be a little bit selfish to reach greatness. You have to be a little bit of an asshole on the court to be great. LeBron worries about his brand more than winning. That's ego.

You can believe what you want. And LeBron can do whatever the hell he wants. He's the best player in the league. And he has the league at his feet. He's been the best for a few seasons now. Better than Kobe. Better than Wade. Better than anyone in the league. He's the most dominant individual basketball player on the planet. I don't like him. But I don't hate him or how great he is. I've said LeBron passed Kobe as the best player in the league for the last couple seasons. You see me laughing at you thinking LeBron has no ego as hate. To me, it doesn't really have to do with LeBron. It's more about just me not understanding how anyone could think LeBron has no ego.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 07:10 AM
jamstone is pissed :lol

if lebron does go to miami, his bandwagoning of the lakers will be even more hilarious to read

JamStone
07-08-2010, 07:19 AM
I actually like the idea of LeBron going to Miami. I said as much in that poll thread asking the question. I think it would make things interesting, especially how other teams would try to counter the move.

I just think it's pretty stupid to think LeBron doesn't have an ego.

It's cute how when you have nothing else to say, people go back to the "u mad?" barb.

Shrugs. Ok.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 07:24 AM
jamstone, you try too hard. you type long fucking posts that only few people bother to read

you use proper grammar, capitalizations, periods, etc

some people confuse that for being a "great poster", but i just see some dude who types too much and takes himself too seriously.

so excuse me if I don't respond with a page long response like u do

http://cdn.nahright.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/umad.jpg

JamStone
07-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Cool story, bro.

Don't read my posts then. And don't respond to them at all then.

You trying to cover up being mad about my posts by asking me if I'm mad?

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 07:28 AM
go gag on kobe's dick some more, "piston fan"

if lebron actually makes this pipe dream come true, i will enjoy watching you get pissy that your lakers are not the best stacked team anymore.

3 straight NBA Final appearances for the Laker cheaters since the gasol trade.

its time for them to be shown the door, so i hope lebron chooses miami.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 07:29 AM
U mad?

Bandwagon Fan
07-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Lakers will still be the best stacked team, lol, he definitely mad.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 07:35 AM
http://www.playcloths.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg

BullsDynasty
07-08-2010, 07:39 AM

if lebron actually makes this pipe dream come true, i will enjoy watching you get pissy that your lakers are not the best stacked team anymore.

If Lebron goes to Miami you can guarantee a 1st round exit, no way in hell can a team of 3 super stars and 8 dleaguers get you far in the playoffs. Imagine if the 3 sit on the bench, your team will get destroyed.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
If Lebron goes to Miami you can guarantee a 1st round exit, no way in hell can a team of 3 super stars and 8 dleaguers get you far in the playoffs. Imagine if the 3 sit on the bench, your team will get destroyed.

BullsDynasty, ladies and gents, predicting a 1st round exit if LeBron goes to Miami.

BullsDynasty
07-08-2010, 07:45 AM
BullsDynasty, ladies and gents, predicting a 1st round exit if LeBron goes to Miami.

Yes they are far off better with just Wade Bosh and some quality players not d league players.

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 08:36 AM

I thought that too, but I changed my mind. Kobe "tying" Jordan will make Kobe Knobslobbers around the world unbearable for all eternity. The LeBron/Bosh/Wade trio, bullshit as it may be, would do the world a favor by cockblocking Kobe and shutting Kobe Fan up.

Although if LeBron really does go to Miami, in my mind that proves that this NBA shit is nothing but scripted reality TV anyways, so there's probably no point in watching.

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 08:37 AM
:lmao Hollinger says Orlando > possible LeBron/Bosh/Wade Miami team

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-freeagency-100707/lebron-set-join-wade-bosh

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 08:37 AM
:lmao Hollinger says Orlando > possible LeBron/Bosh/Wade Miami team

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-freeagency-100707/lebron-set-join-wade-bosh

IknowU
07-08-2010, 08:38 AM
http://slamdumb.com/images/comics/7_8_10.jpg

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 08:41 AM
thats because artest was gotten with the MLE, miami can do that after the 1st year, they get the MLE back and all that

it wont really matter, riley will find good guys to put around them. they won't have to score much, just play D, rebound, help out.

So easy just saying it. Next to impossible to actually do it.

rjv
07-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Personally, I don't know if three superstars, even of their caliber, will be enough if the Heat can't afford anything but scraps around them

agreed, especially since miami would still have no legitmate big man.

Ashy Larry
07-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Christmas Day Matchup: Lakers @ Heat

Book It

Ice009
07-08-2010, 09:08 AM

Lebron is doing the opposite? You ever heard of a gift trade? If Lebron got Gasol instead of Shaq then Kobe wouldn't even be Batman. He'd still be the loser that helped run Shaq out of town and throw his teammates under the bus.

Teams can't get gift trades like the Lakers can so if they want to form a superteam to take out the gift trades built team then so be it. At least there is nothing that is not above board with forming such a team.

Don't be silly about Lebron not being the best player on the Heat if he joins them. D-wade is definitely more clutch and the guy I want in the 4th quarter, but no question Lebron would be the best player on the team. Just like Shaq was the best player on the Lakers 3 peat teams. Kobe was the closer, but Shaq was the best player. Same deal here with Lebron. I can't believe Lakers fans need this pointed out for them.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Christmas Day Matchup: Lakers @ Heat

Book It

Back to that, eh? It was really hot before...then Daddy wrecked it by walking over to Kobe and burying the hatchet. Media wanted to kill him for that. No more Xmas Lakers & Heat after that.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Lebron is doing the opposite? You ever heard of a gift trade? If Lebron got Gasol instead of Shaq then Kobe wouldn't even be Batman. He'd still be the loser that helped run Shaq out of town and throw his teammates under the bus.

Teams can't get gift trades like the Lakers can so if they want to form a superteam to take out the gift trades built team then so be it. At least there is nothing that is not above board with forming such a team.

Don't be silly about Lebron not being the best player on the Heat if he joins them. D-wade is definitely more clutch and the guy I want in the 4th quarter, but no question Lebron would be the best player on the team. Just like Shaq was the best player on the Lakers 3 peat teams. Kobe was the closer, but Shaq was the best player. Same deal here with Lebron. I can't believe Lakers fans need this pointed out for them.

Kobe= 5
Duncan= 4

Stings, don't it?

SevenX
07-08-2010, 09:20 AM

Knocking this faggot's team out in the finals will be sweet.

DazedAndConfused
07-08-2010, 09:20 AM

No you're wrong.

Lebron would be joining WADE'S TEAM. Miami is WADE COUNTY. Wade is the main man in fucking Miami, not Lebron, and certainly not Bosh.

Lebron would be the Robin to Wade, no doubt about it.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Nope,

It stays...

Kobe: 5
Duncan: 4

You knew I'd get around to you Spurs Fandom sooner or later. The time is now, and when Will Hunting isn't here, yer it, Daddy-O.

Ice009
07-08-2010, 09:22 AM
No you're wrong.

Lebron would be joining WADE'S TEAM. Miami is WADE COUNTY. Wade is the main man in fucking Miami, not Lebron, and certainly not Bosh.

Lebron would be the Robin to Wade, no doubt about it.

If saying that makes you feel better about such a team, great!

Flo-Rida
07-08-2010, 09:24 AM
:lol Except you didn't start showing up again until your shit team had a chance to be good again.
:nope
Like ive stated before if anything i was here the most when we sucked ? just because i have a life doesn't mean i had to post here everyday . Shit i still came time to time just never found anything interesting to talk about , and if i dont remember one of the posters even praised for being a true fan and sticking by the heat even wen we sucked . so yea .

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Anybody that feels the need to justify or defend their fandom is a fool. Our fandom rests in our heart and in our gut and in our mind. That's sacred. To explain it, or defend it is inexcusable & vulgar.

rmt
07-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Well, I live in Miami, and the fans here are fair-weather fans. I go to the Heat games only when SA comes into town. You should hear the amount of booing that goes on when the Heat loses. There are a lot of SA/Ginobili fans especially because of the large Latino population. It'll be unbearable here if Lebron comes but I want him to come or else LAL will become a dynasty.

People always comment when my son and I go as we walk down the aisle (hand in hand) with my son in a Heat/Shaq jersey and myself in a Spurs/Duncan jersey :-)

Man About Town
07-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll admit, I'll be a little butthurt over this if LeBron joins Miami. I have a hard time believing that his ego can handle sharing the credit with Wade, Bosh and Riley (who will almost certainly push Spoelstra out of the way) for winning titles. How can he be considered an all-time great if he needs another #1 option, a #2 option and a HOF coach to get him across the finish line? That franchise is Wade's, and I can't see him sharing that.

It also sucks when you have teams like the Spurs and Mavs that try to win every year, whereas Miami and New York have essentially tanked the last three years to coincide with LeBron's free agency. And one of those teams might be rewarded for serving up an absolutely shitty product to their fans during that time.

The Gemini Method
07-08-2010, 10:08 AM

Uh, declaring yourself "King" as a senior in high school is a greater proclamation than Pierce's. At least Pierce had the audacity to have just won something relevant and not hold the sports world ransom by being a hypebeast. The charity event is in Greenwich, CT. While some parts of Connecticut are poor, Greenwich is home to one of the wealthiest citizenry in the United States. If he was not an egotist, why not hold it in the poorest parts of Dade County? Little Haiti comes to mind if you're going to be so benevolant and charitable.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
That sounds about right coming from a Laker fan who's never been to LA.

I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
lol BullsDynasty
lol Tacker
lol ashraf
lol Beasley dynasty
lol Cutler

ffadicted
07-08-2010, 10:19 AM
It also sucks when you have teams like the Spurs and Mavs that try to win every year, whereas Miami and New York have essentially tanked the last three years to coincide with LeBron's free agency. And one of those teams might be rewarded for serving up an absolutely shitty product to their fans during that time.

The NBA, where amazing happens

resistanze
07-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Is LeBron gonna sign somewhere else in his 30s so he can catch up to Wade in rings?

murpjf88
07-08-2010, 10:34 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67957/20100708/report_lebron_to_pick_miami_heat/

Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat

LeBron James has decided to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, according to multiple sources that spoke with Newsday.

RealGM Note: The news of the 10-11 NBA salary cap being at $58.044M creates additional cap room for James, Wade and Bosh to get closer to a maximum contract.

James is scheduled to announce his final decision live on ESPN at 9:00 PM EST on Thursday.

Unless you have names of those multiple sources, forget it. Lebron is too self absorbed to share a team with two other superstars and to take a pay cut in the process. This is more of Lebron's team throwing out fake rumors to make tonights decision more dramatic.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 10:43 AM

The Heat were the #5 seed last year and were taken out by the eventual ECF champs.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
What's there to defend? You have no defense. You're a bandwagoner, end of story.

I'm just happy you've accepted it.

Nope. I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
The Heat were the #5 seed last year and were taken out by the eventual ECF champs.

Ipso facto you joined the other 28 teams in the loser bracket.

Will Hunting
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Nope. I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.

What's there to defend. You're a Lakers fan for the sole purpose of being able to walk around and say you have 15 rings. You have no connection to LA or the Lakers organization. That makes you a bandwagon fan, there's nothing to defend fuckstick.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:47 AM
What's there to defend. You're a Lakers fan for the sole purpose of being able to walk around and say you have 15 rings. You have no connection to LA or the Lakers organization. That makes you a bandwagon fan, there's nothing to defend fuckstick.

"Put your fucking mouth on that curb!"

Now, say good night."

Come on, Will, come ta Pappy. You're mine, motherfucker. I've been waitin' specially on you, sweetheart. You're it, daddy-O. Till at least next June, you're it.

Will Hunting
07-08-2010, 10:48 AM

Now, say good night."

Come on, Will, come ta Pappy. You're mine, motherfucker. I've been waitin' specially on you, sweetheart. You're it, daddy-O. Till at least next June, you're it.

If Boston won you'd be acting like a Celtics fan talking shit to Lakers fans, you damnable front runner, you.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:50 AM
If Boston won you'd be acting like a Celtics fan talking shit to Lakers fans, you damnable front runner, you.

But, you didn't win, Will. And the moment you didn't, I thought almost immediately of you, angel. I'm gonna ride yer ass for the next 11 months.

You got it coming, Will.

Will Hunting
07-08-2010, 10:51 AM
But, you didn't win, Will.

Neither did you Cully. You didn't get a ring and you've accomplished nothing in life other than losing the Vietnam war, you damnable loser, you.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Neither did you Cully. You didn't get a ring and you've accomplished nothing in life other than losing the Vietnam war, you damnable loser, you.

Oh, yeah, honeybun, I won. My 16th. It's 16-17. We're going to lock you at 17, and then we're gonna go on to the end.

And in the next 11 months I'm gonna feed you enough apples that you'll never again ask that pertinent question.

Let us proceed...

Will Hunting
07-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Oh, yeah, honeybun, I won. My 16th. It's 16-17. We're going to lock you at 17, and then we're gonna go on to the end.

And in the next 11 months I'm gonna feed you enough apples that you'll never again ask that pertinent question.

Let us proceed...

Do you like apples?

You couldn't even win a war against a primitive Southeastern Asia country :lmao

How do ya like them apples!?!?!

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:59 AM
^lmcontrollinao!

Will Hunting
07-08-2010, 11:02 AM
^lmcontrollinao!

I still got it!

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
lmemulatedao!

Will Hunting
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM
O great Medvedenko viewing thread, I was worried I wouldn't get my daily dose of retard.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM
O great Medvedenko viewing thread, I was worried I wouldn't get my daily dose of retard.

:lmao

rascal
07-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Is still say he stays with Cleveland.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Some dipshit over at Sose's Joint says the word out of Arm Tellum's office is that he's going to Florida.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, who was an assistant coach on the 2008 gold medal-winning U.S. Olympic basketball team that included James, Wade and Bosh, said he has no doubts the three superstars can co-exist on the same NBA team.

"All three can play together, they played together for us and they were great," Boeheim told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

"If he goes to Miami it clearly gives him the best chance to win. They could easily play together. They are all good friends and they all like each other. Bosh can play off each of them. He doesn't need to be the main guy. You can alternate down the court -- one time LeBron takes it, Dwyane takes it the next time. I don't think it's even an issue. We had all of those guys and Kobe [Bryant] on the court at the same time and we did all right. Anybody who says [they can't play together] doesn't know what they're talking about."

redzero
07-08-2010, 11:26 AM

Now, say good night."

You some kind of white supremacist, Culburn?

BullsDynasty
07-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Except now you have a whole different team. You upgraded your PF and possibly the SF spot to superstars and downgraded the rest of the team to D-Leaguers. Again, you guys will not make it past the first round.

Medvedenko
07-08-2010, 11:32 AM

Lol, thanks for the shout out.

Speaking of this thread...I'm all for the 3 dudes joining on one team. It's good for the NBA and if the Lakers are healthy we can see a Miami Lakers final.

Now, this will all hinge as other posters have stated it will come down to the supporting cast and offensive and defensive schemes. It will be a pleasure to watch these 3 dudes perform at their optimal.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Update....

apparently, there are a ton of ESPN trucks outside AAA and there is a huge throne chair outside of it...................

no, i am not kidding. confirmed here in miami.

Medvedenko
07-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Update....

apparently, there are a ton of ESPN trucks outside AAA and there is a huge throne chair outside of it...................

no, i am not kidding. confirmed here in miami.

A throne chair eh.....wow, they're really pushing the drama and pomp and circumstance in this event.

Nevertheless, it will draw ratings and just what the league needs. It can't be Kobe and the Lakers all of the time.

ElNono
07-08-2010, 11:50 AM
EXCLUSIVE: LeBron James Plans Weekend Party in South Beach! (http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/lebron-james-plans-weekend-party-in-south-beach-201087)

LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

That adds more fuel to the fire that James, 25, will announce he's joining the Miami Heat Thursday night, as several insiders told ESPN this morning.

The basketball great will make his announcement from the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, Conn. Thursday night during an hourlong sports special called The Decision, to be aired on ESPN at 9 P.M. ET. Proceeds from commercial sales will be donated to the club.

If James goes to the Heat (where he'd play alongside All-Stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh), he'd likely take a $30 million pay cut, ESPN reported. His current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, has offered him a six-year, $128 million contract, while Miami would sign him to a five-year deal worth $99 million.

Both the New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets (who are relocating to Brooklyn) have been wooing James as well, with campaigns starring everyone from Mayor Michael Bloomberg to Jay-Z, a Nets part-owner.

Joked Diddy on Twitter Wednesday night, "Breaking news!!! Lebron signs with the Knicks!! I just saw him leaving the knicks owners house!!! He lives next door to me! Let's go NYC."

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 11:53 AM
ok, i guess i will lean towards believing it now.

holy fuck.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
LeWaOsh will fuck the NBA

gl96El28WQo

bostonguy
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
This has all the makings of Lebron resigning with the Cavs. Brilliant ploy to fool everyone that he is really leaving Cleveland. I just don't see it. He isn't passing up on 30 million guaranteed cash from the Cavs.

kamikazi_player
07-08-2010, 12:41 PM
ok, i guess i will lean towards believing it now.

holy fuck.

don't celebrate so soon, wait till tonite.

Warlord23
07-08-2010, 12:50 PM
This has all the makings of Lebron resigning with the Cavs. Brilliant ploy to fool everyone that he is really leaving Cleveland. I just don't see it. He isn't passing up on 30 million guaranteed cash from the Cavs.

I'd be really surprised if James signs with Cleveland, because:
1. They didn't manage to get Bosh or another big name via trade. I don't know whether that team will improve next year and contend.
2. He didn't meet Tom Izzo once when his name came up for the coaching vacancy.

If he's smart, he'll go to Chicago to team up with Rose/Boozer/Noah/whoever they trade Deng for - that's a talented team. If he wants to establish a bigger brand and sell more shoes he'll go to NY. If he wants to team up with another top 5 superstar, he'll go to Miami.

Cleveland can offer him the most money, but if money were a concern he'd probably go to NY with his Nike contract.

objective
07-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Lebron in Miami would close the windows of every other team in the league.

There's no way that team wouldn't win every title for the duration of their primes, and that's the cold truth.

It's the same feeling I had Pop gave Rodman to the Bulls, it was the final nail in the coffin for the league except it's 10x worse with Lebron the Coward with Bosh and Wade.

So if that happens it ultimately wouldn't even matter if Splitter is signed or not, nobody is winning anything except the Heat.

Brazil
07-08-2010, 12:56 PM
The best fit for lbj IMO is Chicago

nevitt_&_smrek
07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
If true, congrats to Miami fans. It must be exciting. I still like the Lakers' size advantage. Rebounding and height wins basketball games.

Muser
07-08-2010, 04:34 PM
He's staying home, book it.

I agree, he's gonna pull a KG.

Fpoonsie
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
@jadande Still hear Miami, but source says it changes every half hour." If LeBron does return to Cleveland it would be for 3-year deal. 25 minutes ago

How does it "change every half hour'? Are they implying that LeBron hasn't made up his mind yet?

Muser
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM
God damn LeBron is a dumbass. He's had all year to think.

Cane
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM

nevitt_&_smrek
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Lebron in Miami would close the windows of every other team in the league.

There's no way that team wouldn't win every title for the duration of their primes, and that's the cold truth.

It's the same feeling I had Pop gave Rodman to the Bulls, it was the final nail in the coffin for the league except it's 10x worse with Lebron the Coward with Bosh and Wade.

So if that happens it ultimately wouldn't even matter if Splitter is signed or not, nobody is winning anything except the Heat.

Rodman gave the Bulls a guy that did all the dirty team, which is something every team needs. I'm not saying the Heat won't find guys like that to help them. They also lack some post presence.

But go ahead, write the Lakers' epitaphs. We'll see.

scampers
07-08-2010, 04:49 PM
If this happens, most teams in the NBA will be building rosters specifically to match up against the new "big 3". They may steamroll their way to a title their first season but I don't think it will be as easy as people think to get a dynasty going.

As good as LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are, they still are no Jordan/Pippen.

poop
07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
i hope he goes to miami just so the Lakers fans can see their manufactured team dethroned by another manufactured team.

ginobili's bald spot
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM

:lol I love gray spurfan and their perpetual "anyone who might beat the Lakers" bandwagon jumping. 0 for the last two years and still going strong.

Cane
07-08-2010, 05:01 PM
:lol I love gray spurfan and their perpetual "anyone who might beat the Lakers" bandwagon jumping. 0 for the last two years and still going strong.

I love purple Laker fans that post on Spurstalk.com that named himself after Ginobili :toast

nevitt_&_smrek
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
i hope he goes to miami just so the Lakers fans can see their manufactured team dethroned by another manufactured team.

Gasol was gonna get moved at a discount price to somebody. It just happened to be the Lakers, who had the largest expiring deal. Get over it.

Roddy Beaubois
07-08-2010, 05:06 PM
@jadande Still hear Miami, but source says it changes every half hour." If LeBron does return to Cleveland it would be for 3-year deal. 25 minutes ago

How does it "change every half hour'? Are they implying that LeBron hasn't made up his mind yet?

"Media: 'It changes every hour!' I doubt it. YOUR sources' words change. But LeBron decision cant be changing every hour."

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM

The San Antonio Heat.

Nutty baby.

Cane
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Spurstalk.com Laker fan

Nutty baby.

j.dizzle
07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
:lmao Spurfan gonna be butthurt about the Gasol deal even after he retires probably hahaha. San Antonio Heat up in this beeee-ach.

07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Why do you keep changing your argument? First it's LeBron has no ego on or off the court. Then it's LeBron has no ego as it pertains to basketball. Now it's Lebron doesn't do anything that affects his team or teammates. You're going to keep changing the parameters of what you meant just so you're not wrong. Ummm ok.

I'm not mad at LeBron at all. All I was arguing was your notion that he has no ego. Clearly he does. This entire free agency has been about his ego. I think it's naive and foolish to think he doesn't.

And you want to know how it affects his team and teammates? LeBron is so consumed with being the greatest personality in the NBA, being buddy-buddy with everyone that he doesn't have the asshole tendencies to be a winner. Michael Jordan was a dick. Larry Bird was a prick. Kobe is an asshole. LeBron is everybody's favorite guy. He's like Magic Johnson off the court without the killer instinct on the court. That's because his off-the-court ego affects his on-the-court game. You have to be a little bit selfish to reach greatness. You have to be a little bit of an asshole on the court to be great. LeBron worries about his brand more than winning. That's ego.

You can believe what you want. And LeBron can do whatever the hell he wants. He's the best player in the league. And he has the league at his feet. He's been the best for a few seasons now. Better than Kobe. Better than Wade. Better than anyone in the league. He's the most dominant individual basketball player on the planet. I don't like him. But I don't hate him or how great he is. I've said LeBron passed Kobe as the best player in the league for the last couple seasons. You see me laughing at you thinking LeBron has no ego as hate. To me, it doesn't really have to do with LeBron. It's more about just me not understanding how anyone could think LeBron has no ego.
just because you can't respond to my argument, don't say i've been changing mine. i've been consistent in saying lebron has a marketing side and basketball side and people should learn to separate them. you're the one who can't answer how lebron's marketing antics affect his basketball play. lebron not having an asshole tendency is the best you can do? duncan, parker, and ginobili didn't have the asshole tendency and they've done fine. it's the competitiveness that matters, which lebron clearly has on the court or else he wouldn't have exploded for nearly a triple double at MSG after kobe scored 61, walked off the court without shaking hands, or willed the cavs into the finals by beating down the pistons. scoring 48 against the pistons? the duel with pierce in game 7? the buzzer beating game winning 3 against orlando? no competitiveness my ass. he's equally as competitive as duncan, ginobili, wade, dirk, kobe, and garnett, without the asshole tendency of the latter two.

you don't like his marketing ego fine, but it takes nothing away from lebron as a basketball player. he's unselfish on the court and unselfish as a teammate. he doesn't go out trying to score 40 every night even if it hurts the team just so he can sell more shoes. he doesn't chuck off balance contested fadeaway shots just for the sake of scoring or buffing up his individual brand. he does everything he can to help the team win. he doesn't think he's better than he really is so he passes the ball and gets his teammates involved. he not so buried within himself that he hurts the team. that's lebron's basketball side. ignore the marketing if you don't like it but like you said, lebron is a great basketball player. learn to separate them.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Cane, this is the Lakers Board at ST.

ha, ha.