PDA

View Full Version : Sign the Petition: Keep Tony Parker

VivaPopovich
07-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Tony Parker should stay. We are all very indebted to him, for all his years in San Antonio, for everything he's done for the Spurs. He was pivotal in helping us win 3 championships (Finals MVP in the last one), that's 3 more than 90% of the league will ever see. Only a minority of NBA fans can say their point guard helped their favorite team win 3 rings, and thanks to Tony Parker we're in that minority.

Don't trade him Pop. Let him finish the remainder of his contract. If by the end of it he wants to opt out for more money elsewhere, then let him go. So what if we get nothing in return. Thats something we owe Tony Parker for all the times he's sacrificed his body for us.

And here's the problem with teams that are constantly building for the future: the future never materializes. Kobe Bryant was right in something he said when he demanded a trade. There is a sense of urgency to right now. We've seen first hand this season how much time it can take before players can gel. Tony Parker can help us make a run NOW. And now, is what we should live for, we'll worry about his departure when that time comes. We'll figure something out, we always do

I'm asking everyone to join me in e-mailing the organization asking them to keep Tony Parker. He has been so directly responsible for so much of our happiness, it's the least we can do for him. So come, follow me:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/contact/club_directory.html

chazley
07-08-2010, 03:49 AM
The people who want to trade Parker just aren't very bright.

jermaine
07-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Tony Parker should stay. We are all very indebted to him, for all his years in San Antonio, for everything he's done for the Spurs. He was pivotal in helping us win 3 championships (Finals MVP in the last one), that's 3 more than 90% of the league will ever see. Only a minority of NBA fans can say their point guard helped their favorite team win 3 rings, and thanks to Tony Parker we're in that minority.

Don't trade him Pop. Let him finish the remainder of his contract. If by the end of it he wants to opt out for more money elsewhere, then let him go. So what if we get nothing in return. Thats something we owe Tony Parker for all the times he's sacrificed his body for us.

And here's the problem with teams that are constantly building for the future: the future never materializes. Kobe Bryant was right in something he said when he demanded a trade. There is a sense of urgency to right now. We've seen first hand this season how much time it can take before players can gel. Tony Parker can help us make a run NOW. And now, is what we should live for, we'll worry about his departure when that time comes. We'll figure something out, we always do

I'm asking everyone to join me in e-mailing the organization asking them to keep Tony Parker. He has been so directly responsible for so much of our happiness, it's the least we can do for him. So come, follow me:

Stfu! You sound like a fuckin Cavs fan! Fuck Parker(no homo). He said he's leaving. So you just want him to walk on our ass next year instead of us getting some young talent or any dam thang! If you thinking hard or sayin yes to yourself as you read this your a dumbass! Trade his ass, & trade his ass TODAY! I check everyday to see if they got rid of his ass or Jefferson! I'd rather keep Jefferson.

jermaine
07-08-2010, 03:53 AM

What don't you dummies get? He said he's leaving you dam fools!?! Are you'll stupid or what?

gilmor
07-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Stfu! You sound like a fuckin Cavs fan! Fuck Parker(no homo). He said he's leaving. So you just want him to walk on our ass next year instead of us getting some young talent or any dam thang! If you thinking hard or sayin yes to yourself as you read this your a dumbass! Trade his ass, & trade his ass TODAY! I check everyday to see if they got rid of his ass or Jefferson! I'd rather keep Jefferson.

I think u shd go support the fakers..:downspin:

jermaine
07-08-2010, 04:01 AM
I think u shd go support the fakers..:downspin:

Y is dat? Cuz I don't think we should keep sum1 dat say they leavin our ass next year! Riiiite.

UnWantedTheory
07-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Look, Jermaine may not come off as a very bright individual, but I shall agree with him sorta. If we can get a good package for Tony that helps us win now and for the future, we can not pass that up...but that is a big "IF". Assuming that does not happen, than we would be fools to trade him. Also, this petition idea is just ridiculous. Really bro., grow up. What possible difference could this make?

And Chazley, you have not shown too much lately for us to conclude you are very bright yourself.

chazley
07-08-2010, 04:21 AM
And Chazley, you have not shown too much lately for us to conclude you are very bright yourself.

I'm probably the best poster on these forums. If you read my last thread, you'd agree.

FkLA
07-08-2010, 04:24 AM
With the contracts being dished out in FA, its probably going to take a long-term max or near max contract to keep him past this next season. Do you really want a 32-33 yr old Parker, who will have lost some of his speed, making that much money after Duncan and Manu retire and the Spurs are in rebuild mode?

I dont.

UnWantedTheory
07-08-2010, 04:56 AM
I'm probably the best poster on these forums. If you read my last thread, you'd agree.

Not only are you ignorant, but your arrogant as well it seems. I did read your last thread and I, along with almost everyone, pretty much agree it was ridiculous. You scream troll. Best poster? I hope you are a troll, because if you are not, it would just be all the more sad. Lets go Chaz!! Bring back RMJ for the vet. min. because he can get us 12 pts. with 40% shooting in less than 20 minutes...right bro? Right?.....What a tard. So no, I do not agree.

UnWantedTheory
07-08-2010, 05:19 AM
I bet Holt will see this and it will completely change everything!

bigzak25
07-08-2010, 05:24 AM
Tony is gonna do what he's gonna do. The thing is not that the Spurs don't want to keep him. The thing is that they don't think he's worth max money, especially if he's gonna play international ball.

Tony is worth max money to other franchises in spite of that. So in his mind, he should get paid, and he's right.

So he gets to choose max money and freedom to play international ball without guilt, or the Spurs.

It's just too likely he'll choose the cash, especially if the Spurs can find a suitable trade partner, that would be chomping at the bit to give TP max dollars, but that also had some pieces the Spurs wanted.

All that said, I agree that IF TP is playing at a high level come trade deadline, then the Spurs need to seriously consider letting his contract just play out in the interest of bringing a championship home this year, and like you said, let the chips fall where they may in the offseason.

TP can still get more money signing with the Spurs for max hometeam dollars and then getting traded, like Bosh was trying to work out initially, so even though he could just walk away, it's in his best interest to work with the Spurs and get a good deal done for everyone.

And if the Spurs win a championship, with TP again being a vital piece. Well, the Spurs might just decide that TP is worth, say, 90% of the Max instead of 80%. :lol

VivaPopovich
07-08-2010, 05:47 AM
I bet Holt will see this and it will completely change everything!

Actually, he might

The Spurs at one point considered trading David Robinson for a then young Chris Webber. It wasn't until fans crashed their phone lines that the organization decided against it

The Spurs stand for loyalty, commitment, old fashioned conservative family values remember?

Dumping our starting PG that helped us win 3 rings doesn't fulfill those principles. We're not going to get a single player on the same caliber as Tony Parker. It's going to be some 3 for 1 package deal. It's not going to be as good as anyone thinks. And even at that, as RJ has proven, it takes time for teams to gel, especially with a coach as stubborn as Pop

We will make playoffs without Tony Parker, but if any fan thinks that we have a serious shot in making the western conference finals without Tony Parker with what the likely 3 for 1 package deal will be, I'd like to hear your reasoning. Championships aren't won in 3 seasons from now, their won right now

We need a ring now, and our best shot is with Tony on our team. We'll worry about the contract situation when that time comes. For now let's worry about the best team it's possible for us to have by the season opener

VivaPopovich
07-08-2010, 05:52 AM

Calm down man. So much anger over there

We can have a productive conversation without such hostile, almost violent language. Chill out

UnWantedTheory
07-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Actually, he might

The Spurs at one point considered trading David Robinson for a then young Chris Webber. It wasn't until fans crashed their phone lines that the organization decided against it

The Spurs stand for loyalty, commitment, old fashioned conservative family values remember?

Dumping our starting PG that helped us win 3 rings doesn't fulfill those principles. We're not going to get a single player on the same caliber as Tony Parker. It's going to be some 3 for 1 package deal. It's not going to be as good as anyone thinks. And even at that, as RJ has proven, it takes time for teams to gel, especially with a coach as stubborn as Pop

We will make playoffs without Tony Parker, but if any fan thinks that we have a serious shot in making the western conference finals without Tony Parker with what the likely 3 for 1 package deal will be, I'd like to hear your reasoning. Championships aren't won in 3 seasons from now, their won right now

We need a ring now, and our best shot is with Tony on our team. We'll worry about the contract situation when that time comes. For now let's worry about the best team it's possible for us to have by the season opener

Holt might listen to us? Wow. Your ridiculous. Also, I am not for trading TP, but IF a good package comes our way than we have to consider it. Lets face it, we are not getting to the WCF as is anyways, unless a miracle happens. I get our shot is right now!! I know!! But our shot is slim as we stand now. I dont want to see TP go anywhere, but I fear we are trying to fight a losing battle at the moment. Then again, it will all depend on what we do from here on out. We may have a shot if our moves are good. Is he the better option at this point? Of course. All I am saying is I am not against the idea completely. I understand your reasoning and pretty much agree,...but the childish petition is as I said, ridiculous. After all, they know what they are doing and we dont.

xellos88330
07-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Put yourself in the Spurs' shoes. If they keep him, they risk losing him for nothing next season if he chooses to not extend. It would be wise to see what the Spurs can get by shopping him a little bit to make an educated decision.

I do not like the idea of trading Parker, but you have to admit that dangling him out there is the intelligent choice. You don't HAVE to trade him, just see what you can get for him.

jermaine
07-08-2010, 06:13 AM
Calm down man. So much anger over there

We can have a productive conversation without such hostile, almost violent language. Chill out

Dat was alil/alot rude! I couldn't sleep, an all I've seen on tv is Labrick dis & LaBrick dat! It had me irked! My bad man. But I still stand by trading him. I've seen games where Jefferson ran the break wit TP an TP wouldn't dish it. TP an Money Ma$on always do it. Jefferson as a spark off the bench/alil style off the bench would be nice & eye candy for the young fans that like to see ESPN highlights(his dunks was posted all on ST with alota people ridin his dick)! Now ur going to say he didn't play defense! Well I got a answer for dat too! If your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend didn't noticed you when u tried to do the small stuff an u never got head/johnson/blowjob for it, would u perform yo best night in & night out! NOPE

timvp
07-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Even though most Tony Parker trades proposed are stupid and even though most Spurs fans underrate what Tony Parker has meant to this team throughout the years, I'd go pack his bags if the Spurs got a trade offer that would improve the team.

jermaine
07-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Even though most Tony Parker trades proposed are stupid and even though most Spurs fans underrate what Tony Parker has meant to this team throughout the years, I'd go pack his bags if the Spurs got a trade offer that would improve the team.

Mr. Timvp ur so rite! I was one of the main ones that wanted him gone & when he went down I was happy but I found myself watching GHill & seeing him do things & I noticed me sayin "Parker wouldve done this or Parker wouldve pushed the ball up instead of having to keep lookin up at Pop". So but its the fact that he said he wants to go in my book! He's no more special then Manu. But he say he wanna be traded if Hill starts!?! Fuck him, how long has Manu came off the bench an as a TEAM PLAYER accepted his role!?! Fuck Parker!!!!!

K-State Spur
07-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Mr. Timvp ur so rite! I was one of the main ones that wanted him gone & when he went down I was happy but I found myself watching GHill & seeing him do things & I noticed me sayin "Parker wouldve done this or Parker wouldve pushed the ball up instead of having to keep lookin up at Pop". So but its the fact that he said he wants to go in my book! He's no more special then Manu. But he say he wanna be traded if Hill starts!?! Fuck him, how long has Manu came off the bench an as a TEAM PLAYER accepted his role!?! Fuck Parker!!!!!

You say that Tim is right...but then the rest of your post is basically the antithesis of the points that Tim has made regarding Parker.

texbound
07-08-2010, 07:29 AM

Bullshit!!!!! Tony Parker will be paid 13 million dollars next year for those times he sacrificed his body for us. I repeat, 13 million dollars in one year. Doesn't that sound like that is compensation enough? Look I'm all for loyalty, but my loyalty is to the Spurs. If they let Tony walk without getting anything in return then they would be putting an inferior product on the market. That is not a smart way to do business. The Spurs have to protect themselves from that possibility. I know I would. The Spurs are a business with a family atmosphere, but in the end still a business.

jermaine
07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
You say that Tim is right...but then the rest of your post is basically the antithesis of the points that Tim has made regarding Parker.

Call me dumb but I've never used the word Antithesis so idk what it means but I was sayin I want them to trde him just cuz he said he's going to leave next year but at the same time, I was one of the people that didn't realize how important TP was but now I do! But still trade his ass!

dbestpro
07-08-2010, 07:48 AM

Then you must have had a senior moment.

intlspurshk
07-08-2010, 08:05 AM
It's just a question of what horizon being adopted for your assessment. If you only focus in next year, then probably you will keep TP unless, by the trade deadline, the team doesn't improve enough to be a real contender and can't pose serious challenge to Lakers.

If you adopt a longer horizon, then you will definitely be more open to trade TP unless SPURS are committed to entertain TP salary request for whatever cost. Judging from the last negotiation which triggered quite a significant dispute for extra 2 million among Front Office and TP that evenutally required TD to arbitrate, I am afraid SPURS is quite open to trade TP

lefty
07-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Where do I unsign?

Brazil
07-08-2010, 08:10 AM
lol as usual even for a positive TP thread haters taking over, jermaine you're the man

Brazil
07-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Where do I unsign?

now lefty... welcome to the party

urunobili
07-08-2010, 08:21 AM
signed

jermaine
07-08-2010, 08:31 AM
lol as usual even for a positive TP thread haters taking over, jermaine you're the man
I try my best so thank u, thank u, thank u(in my Woody from Toy stories 3 voice)! but your a dick rider

K-State Spur
07-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Call me dumb but I've never used the word Antithesis so idk what it means but I was sayin I want them to trde him just cuz he said he's going to leave next year but at the same time, I was one of the people that didn't realize how important TP was but now I do! But still trade his ass!

antithesis = opposite.

not to put words in timvp's mouth, but i think he is only advocating moving parker in a deal that actually improves the team (short term or long term). those deals may be out there, but that strategy is significantly different than "trade his ass!"

it's also been noted that parker's statements are not much different than those that manu was making...and then manu re-upped. that, combined with the new CBA looming, make it FAR from a given that Tony's days with the Spurs are near an end.

Josepatches_
07-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Where do I unsign?

Obstructed_View
07-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Hey, let's release everyone from their contracts to say thank you. It's the least we can do.

You are a fucking idiot.

I'm all for offering Parker a competetive extension, but if he's going to leave, trading him for something is better than nothing.

bus driver
07-08-2010, 10:32 AM
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/885/11181.gif

um ya........................lets keep charlie parker...................:jack

Brazil
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I try my best so thank u, thank u, thank u(in my Woody from Toy stories 3 voice)! but your a dick rider

lol antithesis

2pac
07-08-2010, 12:45 PM
A petition? Holy fuck. I get stupider every time I allow myself to come wallow in this lake of stupidity.

beachwood
07-08-2010, 01:40 PM

It's not about trading Parker just to trade him. He has stated recently that he doesn't want to sign an extension and wants to test Free Agency next summer. He also stated that going to another team would present an exciting challenge for himself. That doesn't sound too promising long term if the Spurs don't make drastic moves to stay competitive. Signing Splitter and Matt Bonner are not a drastic move. Nor does it put us into contender status.

Parker is the biggest trade asset the Spurs have and the FO would be completely incompetent if they didn't at least entertain the idea of trading Parker for impact players.

If he bolts to another team next summer where does that leave the Spurs?

The people who are idiots are the ones who think just having a healthy Parker makes us an elite contender team. This is not 2007. A healthy Parker, Duncan and Manu still does not make us contenders.

Cane
07-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Tony is gonna do what he's gonna do. The thing is not that the Spurs don't want to keep him. The thing is that they don't think he's worth max money, especially if he's gonna play international ball.

Tony is worth max money to other franchises in spite of that. So in his mind, he should get paid, and he's right.

So he gets to choose max money and freedom to play international ball without guilt, or the Spurs.

It's just too likely he'll choose the cash, especially if the Spurs can find a suitable trade partner, that would be chomping at the bit to give TP max dollars, but that also had some pieces the Spurs wanted.

All that said, I agree that IF TP is playing at a high level come trade deadline, then the Spurs need to seriously consider letting his contract just play out in the interest of bringing a championship home this year, and like you said, let the chips fall where they may in the offseason.

TP can still get more money signing with the Spurs for max hometeam dollars and then getting traded, like Bosh was trying to work out initially, so even though he could just walk away, it's in his best interest to work with the Spurs and get a good deal done for everyone.

And if the Spurs win a championship, with TP again being a vital piece. Well, the Spurs might just decide that TP is worth, say, 90% of the Max instead of 80%. :lol

Yea this basically sums it up for me. Its hard to give max money to a player with as much mileage as Tony who will also sacrifice his body overseas in addition to the NBA season especially when the franchise is transitioning.

He's not going to get a Joe Johnson contract from San Antonio nor should they.

DJB
07-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Y is dat? Cuz I don't think we should keep sum1 dat say they leavin our ass next year! Riiiite.

No, because your vocabulary fits right in with Los Angeles.

The Truth #6
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
If no Splitter then we trade Parker (and Splitters rights). That would confirm the window is closed.

We keep Parker we are putting all our chips into this one season. With all the FA retardation we actually might have a chance next year because many teams are trying to get stacked with stars but probably won't be good teams.

Still, we are putting a lot of hopes and work into this season. No title and Parker is gone and we have few options moving forward other than lottery hell.

DesignatedT
07-08-2010, 02:04 PM
signed.

IceColdBrewski
07-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Actually, he might

The Spurs at one point considered trading David Robinson for a then young Chris Webber. It wasn't until fans crashed their phone lines that the organization decided against it.

Don't even try to compare the two situations. D-Rob wanted to stay in SA and finish his career with the Spurs. It's obvious by his comments that Parker isn't nearly that loyal to the Spurs.

To hell with letting him walk for nothing. You Parker homers crack me up.

Unsingned.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-08-2010, 02:20 PM
ill pass, george hill is the future

Fpoonsie
07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey, let's release everyone from their contracts to say thank you. It's the least we can do.

:lol

weebo
In '07, Parker became finals mvp because of Duncan. All you Parker fan boys seem to forget that the reason TP has had success with the Spurs over the years is because of one man, Tim Duncan. Once TP loses his wheels, he'll be garbage. If you can trade him now and get something viable in return, then you have to trade him. Same with any other Spur not named Tim Duncan.

AFBlue
I can't sign a petition that calls for keeping Tony Parker without condition. Most scenarios that could play out make it more beneficial to keep him and contend. But, if the Spurs do not feel they're contenders with their current team around the all-star break and/or if Parker has come out and requested a trade...the best thing for the Spurs to do is move him.

Brazil
07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
In '07, Parker became finals mvp because of Duncan. All you Parker fan boys seem to forget that the reason TP has had success with the Spurs over the years is because of one man, Tim Duncan. Once TP loses his wheels, he'll be garbage. If you can trade him now and get something viable in return, then you have to trade him. Same with any other Spur not named Tim Duncan.

yeah you're right w/o tim, TP would be trash a MLE kind of player

Spurminator
07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I can't sign a petition that calls for keeping Tony Parker without condition. Most scenarios that could play out make it more beneficial to keep him and contend. But, if the Spurs do not feel they're contenders with their current team around the all-star break and/or if Parker has come out and requested a trade...the best thing for the Spurs to do is move him.

Come on, man, there's no room for grey area in this discussion.

Pick a side: Keep Parker At All Costs, or Trade Parker At All Costs

purist
07-08-2010, 02:29 PM

I don't owe Tony Parker anything; nor does he owe me a thing.

weebo
07-08-2010, 02:36 PM
yeah you're right w/o tim, TP would be trash a MLE kind of player

tony parker is a one trick pony. once he loses his speed he'll be an average nba point guard. trade him now while he still has value.

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
tony parker is a one trick pony. once he loses his speed he'll be an average nba point guard. trade him now while he still has value.

How can the Tony supporters be blind to this fact???? No one's even sure if he hasn't lost a step already. He can't pass or shot the three. If he's leaving next year, he HAS to be traded. WTF?!?!?!!?!?

Pauleta14
07-08-2010, 02:46 PM

Playing with Duncan is easier for EVERY players!! :lol
not only Tony...

Do you think anybody (you?) could have done the same thing?

Whether you like Tony or not is one thing, but you can't deny his BB level with such a BS argument...

Obstructed_View
07-08-2010, 02:48 PM
It's a little bit difficult to forget that the Spurs went way into luxury tax territory for the first time because Tony Parker went public and complained about needing help. This is something that the team did in an attempt to make him happy. The thanks that they seem to have gotten on the heels of his subpar season "with help" is another public declaration that he won't even entertain the idea of signing an extension.

Pauleta14
07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
It's a little bit difficult to forget that the Spurs went way into luxury tax territory for the first time because Tony Parker went public and complained about needing help. This is something that the team did in an attempt to make him happy. The thanks that they seem to have gotten on the heels of his subpar season "with help" is another public declaration that he won't even entertain the idea of signing an extension.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I didn't expect that from a guy with so many posts!! :lol

You REALLY think they went over the luxury tax BECAUSE of Tony's comments or to "satisfy" him????!!

We all know that Tony is cold/honest when he speaks, but he just said in public what EVERYBODY was thinking! (fans, FO, Timmy, Manu...)
It was a no brainner we needed an upgrade to have a shot...

Tony didn't choose RJ ... and his contract! :lol

Jace
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Trade him.. Spurs have a 0% chance of winning in the next 5 years. They need to plan for the future and stop fighting with reality. Duncan is hobbled and old Parker is injury riddled Ginobli is still great but injury prone and getting long in the tooth

biziofromdowntown
07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
No, we need to trade him now

murpjf88
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
No, we need to trade him now

He's a knicks fan.

biziofromdowntown
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
He's a knicks fan.

Me? no, never, but we'll lost Tony for nothing next year, so... do u really think we could win this year? better start rebuilding.

murpjf88
07-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Me? no, never, but we'll lost Tony for nothing next year, so... do u really think we could win this year? better start rebuilding.

Jace is a knick fan. We won't lose Tony. Tony's hurt because his name comes up in trade rumors and he's emotional. Do you remember the saga with Jason Kidd? He was one of the prime reasons Kidd chose to stay in New Jersey. With the new bargaining agreement supposedly owner friendly, it will be in Tony's best interest to resign with the Spurs.

ohmwrecker
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
There is no such petition.

xapatan2
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Fuck !
So many longtime posters on this thread speaking bullshitt and lies....

Makes me sick to see these posts and treads theses days compared to the same situation for Manu a Few times ago.

No Parker, no 5th ring.

I sign in Parker,
And hope for the Mle for splitter and thank god a shooting wing if RJ is nice enough to make a ST.

The rest is bullshitt.

When you think that if the FO would have listened to what some of YOU SAID 7 years ago, rings number 3 & 4 would'nt exist....

Sad times in ST.
Xap

rayray2k8
07-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Where's the petition to trade him?
Parker is a dime a dozen PG's. He's not getting any faster and might as well get something in return if he bolts next summer.
Don't buy it, look at the cavs. they're about to lost Lebron and get nothing in return.

lol @ all the butt hurt frenchies. :lol

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
When you think that if the FO would have listened to what some of YOU SAID 7 years ago, rings number 3 & 4 would'nt exist....

Not that Parker didn't help out a lot, we still would have won rings with Kidd.

timvp
07-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Damn I hate Spurs fans sometimes.

xapatan2
07-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Where's the petition to trade him?
Parker is a dime a dozen PG's. He's not getting any faster and might as well get something in return if he bolts next summer.
Don't buy it, look at the cavs. they're about to lost Lebron and get nothing in return.

lol @ all the butt hurt frenchies. :lol

The french thing has nothing to do with that. I've been on this board long before and a spurs fans since the 90's.

Parker is a dime a dozen PG's ?
Nice résume of your basketball knowledge. Thanks for sharing.

Xap'

peacemaker885
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM

lower the hate, increase ignore users :toast

baseline bum
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Don't worry. All the 2003 Spurs fans will be gone in a couple of years.

xapatan2
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't worry. All the 2003 Spurs fans will be gone in a couple of years.

Funny. But who are they ?
Xap'

rayray2k8
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
The french thing has nothing to do with that. I've been on this board long before and a spurs fans since the 90's.

Parker is a dime a dozen PG's ?
Nice résume of your basketball knowledge. Thanks for sharing.

Xap'

Hmm, the fact that Hill kept the starting job at PG only proves it.
Parker dribbling the ball for 20 secs and dancing around or Hill moving the ball? Hmm I think I'll go with the younger guy.

Goes to show how much of a Parker lover you are when its obvious to see how many good guards there are in the league. I could name at least 5 guards better or just as good as Parker.
Shit I'll even stretch to 10.

To me, it wasn't much of a coincidence to see the spurs playing better at the end of the season when Parker got hurt..

DynastySpurs210
07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
What don't you dummies get? He said he's leaving you dam fools!?! Are you'll stupid or what? lol

purist
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
thankfully, i believe the Spurs will make a decision on Parker based on basketball/business considerations and not the emotional knee jerk inclinations of fans.

Trading him makes sense if you have reason to believe he will not extend beyond next year AND you can orchestrate a deal that brings you near equal value (which cannot always be judged on face value).

If, however, you cannot get equal value, it makes sense to keep him and see how the team competes the coming season. This gives you the option of a trade mid season if you can improve the team, or, letting his contract expire and negotiating a sign and trade in the off season. complicating matters is the CBA renegotiation and the implications it presents.

If you are Parker and seriously want to move elsewhere, it may behoove him to seek an extension now via a sign and trade because there may not be as much money on the table under the new CBA.

Too many variables exist at this point to definively determine what course is best for the Spurs or for Parker. It's just a crap shoot at this point.

AFBlue
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Those people framing TP as a "speed only" player are just flat-out wrong. When Parker came into the league he was that player. But, he developed a reliable mid-range jumpshot and teardrop floater for himself and became much more adept at making the right pass/finding open players.

Yes, most of his success to this point has been predicated on speed. But, as a player he has shown the motivation and capability to improve. I see no reason why Parker can't continue to develop and shift his game as he ages and loses speed.

I also think it's overreaction to talk about a player losing speed when he's just 28yrs old. Last year he dealt with a myriad of nagging injuries that severely hampered his effectiveness. I doubt something like that happens in the future.

rayray2k8
07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Those people framing TP as a "speed only" player are just flat-out wrong. When Parker came into the league he was that player. But, he developed a reliable mid-range jumpshot and teardrop floater for himself and became much more adept at making the right pass/finding open players.

Yes, most of his success to this point has been predicated on speed. But, as a player he has shown the motivation and capability to improve. I see no reason why Parker can't continue to develop and shift his game as he ages and loses speed.

I also think it's overreaction to talk about a player losing speed when he's just 28yrs old. Last year he dealt with a myriad of nagging injuries that severely hampered his effectiveness. I doubt something like that happens in the future.

I get that, but there's no denying that there's a good chance the spurs might be trying to shop Parker. I'm not hoping that they just rid themselves of Parker. I'm hoping that there's a deal out there that will make the spurs BETTER.
That's what im hoping for.

But i'm getting tired of Parker lovers who immediately dismiss the idea of trading him. :rolleyes

Brazil
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
It's a little bit difficult to forget that the Spurs went way into luxury tax territory for the first time because Tim Duncan deserved a last shot to win a 5th ring.

fify

superbigtime
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
People who act like Tony is some easy to find commodity are wrong and misguided. He's an all star point guard and has been instrumental in the Spurs' success. And he's alot of fun to watch.

VivaPopovich
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM

You are a fucking idiot.

I'm all for offering Parker a competetive extension, but if he's going to leave, trading him for something is better than nothing.

lol you guys are being Republicans in the way you're quoting me. but then again, most of you probably are Republicans. your taking a snippet of the quote without referring to the entire context of what i said. obviously, when you take that quote alone, it makes me wish i didnt phrase that the way i did

give me one realistic trade offer for Tony Parker, that would improve the Spurs now and in the future. Troy Murphy from Indiana? draft picks and cash from NY? thanks but no thanks

i do believe we should keep TP now at the risk of losing him next year. but that's because i believe we have a good shot at making the western conference finals this season.

and that's living for the moment. build for the future, but to get there you have to get through the moment.

there ought to be a good reason for throwing away a shot at the western conference finals this season. maybe there are good reasons, i'd just like to hear them. no need to call me an f'n idiot, i'm just a diehard Spurs fan that wants the best for his team. our team

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM

Even if all of the above were true, he still needs to be traded if FO believes he is gone after this year.

AFBlue
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I get that, but there's no denying that there's a good chance the spurs might be trying to shop Parker. I'm not hoping that they just rid themselves of Parker. I'm hoping that there's a deal out there that will make the spurs BETTER.

But i'm getting tired of Parker lovers who immediately dismiss the idea of trading him. :rolleyes

I'm pretty sure this isn't directed at me, since I said I'm not against a TP trade that makes this team better.

Shopping him only makes sense as he is the trade asset with the best value...and even TP has said as much. That doesn't mean the Spurs will actually trade, unless they get an offer that keeps them relevant in the short-term and helps build them up in the long-term.

I just don't see many of those deals floating out there right now.

xapatan2
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Hmm, the fact that Hill kept the starting job at PG only proves it.
Parker dribbling the ball for 20 secs and dancing around or Hill moving the ball? Hmm I think I'll go with the younger guy.

Goes to show how much of a Parker lover you are when its obvious to see how many good guards there are in the league. I could name at least 5 guards better or just as good as Parker.
Shit I'll even stretch to 10.

To me, it wasn't much of a coincidence to see the spurs playing better at the end of the season when Parker got hurt..

I don't see things the same way. The starting job for Hill is directly linked with Manu starting, nothing else.

Call me a parker lover, a manu lover, a bruce lover or whatever, Parker is the PG thats fits to our offense system, plain simple. 5 guards with his balls, his money time play, his FG% and his agressivity ?? I don't buy it.

Sure it was'nt a coincidence the spurs play better : It had been YEARS that Manu did not had this level of play. And Hill is good SG, a very very good one.
Xap'

AFBlue
07-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Even if all of the above were true, he still needs to be traded if FO believes he is gone after this year.

In my earlier post I said that one of the conditions for Parker to be traded is if he publicly makes a request for it. Outside of that, I think the Spurs have a realistic chance to re-sign him, because he's said as many great things about SA being his "home base" as he has about an opportunity to play elsewhere.

Anything less concrete than a formal request and I DON'T think the Spurs try to move him for less than a great package.

rayray2k8
07-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't see things the same way. The starting job for Hill is directly linked with Manu starting, nothing else.

Call me a parker lover, a manu lover, a bruce lover or whatever, Parker is the PG thats fits to our offense system, plain simple. 5 guards with his balls, his money time play, his FG% and his agressivity ?? I don't buy it.

Sure it was'nt a coincidence the spurs play better : It had been YEARS that Manu did not had this level of play. And Hill is good SG, a very very good one.
Xap'

It was money time bro. :greedy

rayray2k8
07-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Don't get me wrong, my true hate lies within the red haired girl, but shopping Parker is not a bad idea.
I think Timvp said it awhile back. Trading Jefferson for TE is brilliant. Trading Parker for a TE is fucking stupid.
Parker's value is very high, there is a difference. Just trying to avoid having the spurs walk empty handed out of this one.

Brazil
07-08-2010, 04:47 PM

Once again I'm not against trading him if it's for the right pieces. Apparently Spurs FO hasn't found the adequate deal, fortunately for us you are not Spurs FO cauz reading your clever posts, I'm sure you would have traded him for haywood and kidd.

For the rest why do you care about him loosing his speed ? After Tim retirement spurs will be in rebuilding mode anyway, what we need is one or two more year of TP full speed.

xapatan2
07-08-2010, 04:49 PM
It was money time bro. :greedy

sure, I just believe Manu can be like that again this year, with tony and tim in perfect condition as well.

Maybe I am wrong, but I do not see the realistic trade that could make the spurs better with Parker in the shopping bag.

Xap'

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2010, 04:49 PM
In my earlier post I said that one of the conditions for Parker to be traded is if he publicly makes a request for it. Outside of that, I think the Spurs have a realistic chance to re-sign him, because he's said as many great things about SA being his "home base" as he has about an opportunity to play elsewhere.

Anything less concrete than a formal request and I DON'T think the Spurs try to move him for less than a great package.

Sorry, I missed the earlier post. But do you think the Spurs are willing or should be willing to pay TP max $? Will Tony accept less than max $?
From his comments, it sounds like he is about 50/50 on even wanting to stay.

xapatan2
07-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, my true hate lies within the red haired girl, but shopping Parker is not a bad idea.
I think Timvp said it awhile back. Trading Jefferson for TE is brilliant. Trading Parker for a TE is fucking stupid.
Parker's value is very high, there is a difference. Just trying to avoid having the spurs walk empty handed out of this one.

I am OK with this. I think the same. But Parker is not the type of person like that. He wants to stay. THe rest is negociations. And my instinct tells me he's not looking for the max.

Xap'

Blackjack
07-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Admittedly, I ain't seen a real petition in a long while ... but I remembered them looking a bit different.

Procedural change?

VivaPopovich
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
there have been a lot of good posts here so far, i just wish we could take out the hostility. a lot of good ideas but you have to put up with insults to get them lol

it's not about unconditional loyalty to Tony Parker. i like George Hill better than Tony Parker, and even in TP's young prime i had always considered Manu Ginobili as being more valuable to the team

this is about the tendency of the Spurs, Coach Pop, and the fans to get into this constant, "let's build for the future" mode. it's apparent when Pop has Tim, Manu, Tony sit out games, causing us to lose games, so they can be freshened up for the next game.

it's about Coach Pop taking out tony/ timmy/manu when we're down by 15 when there is still well over a lot of time left to make a run in the game. it's about the ultra-high expectations Spurs fans have suddenly developed, where things have become a championship arms race with the Lakers, and anything short of the Spurs in their prime glory days is a failure

i have tremendous respect for Jerry Sloan, and Coach Pop does too.

Sloan is a man that takes things game at a time. play tough defense, score points in the paint, pass the ball, rebound, and we'll be fine. and that got the Jazz to the playoffs every season. what's wrong with making playoffs every season?

they did have a similar situation with Carlos Boozer, and I'm sure Sloan exerted his influence to keep him because he knew that Boozer was best for the team for the moment

to get to the future you first have to get through the moment, is what i'm saying

Brazil
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
I am OK with this. I think the same. But Parker is not the type of person like that. He wants to stay. THe rest is negociations. And my instinct tells me he's not looking for the max.

Xap'

Since a long time now I feel that TP would be ok for a 70 - 80 / 5 contract but after seeing the craziness of 2010 FA, I'm not so sure

VivaPopovich
07-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Admittedly, I ain't seen a real petition in a long while ... but I remembered them looking a bit different.

Procedural change?

just fill out the form, it'll be easier

Sigz
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
If he dunks more like he did against the Rockets, he can stay.

Blackjack
07-08-2010, 05:01 PM
'Preciate it. Can't support it, but I 'preciate it -- I'm fine with Parker being dealt for the right deal, I just don't see one out there at the moment.

JustinJDW
07-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Signed.

Only an idiot would think we should trade Tony Parker. He is our only player that can score when he wants and can score for all 82 Games of the Season and into the Playoffs. He is the best scoring PG in the League.

We put too much on George Hill. He had one awesome Season and now we want to trade our best scorer? Psh.

Start TP and Hill, and have Ginobili come off the Bench.

IceColdBrewski
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM

just fill out the form, it'll be easier

Done.

Except my comments were more along the lines of trading Tony instead of letting him walk for nothing. I encourage other like-minded fans to do the same.

Thanks for the link bud. :tu

xapatan2
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Not that Parker didn't help out a lot, we still would have won rings with Kidd.

Frankly, i don't thing so.

with Timmy and Manu in perfect shape together, our offense has never been based on assisted FG's.

Kidd would have never brought to the table the shots, points and money time plays Parker brought in 05 and 07. Nash would have. But Kidd no.

Xap'

xapatan2
07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Done.

Except my comments were more along the lines of trading Tony instead of letting him walk for nothing. I encourage other like-minded fans to do the same.

Thanks for the link bud. :tu

Classic IceColdBrewsky stuff, man you didn't change a lot since the old days of summer 03...:hat

glad you're not part of the FO:p:

Xap'

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Frankly, i don't thing so.

with Timmy and Manu in perfect shape together, our offense has never been based on assisted FG's.

Agreed. But I believe they still would have prospered with a Kidd run offense.

Kidd would have never brought to the table the shots, points and money time plays Parker brought in 05 and 07. Nash would have. But Kidd no.

No but Kidd would have set up shots and points. I'm not saying the Spurs would be definitively better with Kidd than Parker but I don't think you can say they would definitely not have won any rings.

Mr.Robinson
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
When Parker went down the Spurs beat the elite teams in the league. Jefferson and Manu were playing great. Parker dribbles for 20 seconds then passes to a player when it is too late. Fuck Parker. Trade him for a solid player and the Spurs do better. It doesn't have to be a star. Parker is like Iverson but slower and not as good.

Brazil
07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
When Parker went down the Spurs beat the elite teams in the league. Jefferson and Manu were playing great. Parker dribbles for 20 seconds then passes to a player when it is too late. Fuck Parker. Trade him for a solid player and the Spurs do better. It doesn't have to be a star. Parker is like Iverson but slower and not as good.

/thread.

:lmao:lmao

SpursTillTheEnd
07-08-2010, 06:05 PM
robinson has a point paker fucking takes 20 seconds to pass, when manu and hill are in shit goes way smoother

Obstructed_View
07-08-2010, 06:12 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I didn't expect that from a guy with so many posts!! :lol

You REALLY think they went over the luxury tax BECAUSE of Tony's comments or to "satisfy" him????!!

We all know that Tony is cold/honest when he speaks, but he just said in public what EVERYBODY was thinking! (fans, FO, Timmy, Manu...)
It was a no brainner we needed an upgrade to have a shot...

Tony didn't choose RJ ... and his contract! :lol

I wish I could say I didn't expect the above response from people with that flag under their name. Try to separate what I'm saying from the people who are suggesting that Parker isn't a good player and let's go from there.

Parker complained publicly that the team needed more help, and it was perfectly obvious at the time that the Spurs responded to it because they wanted to show a commitment to Parker that they were willing to do what was required to help the team win so that he wouldn't leave.

"EVERYBODY" has been thinking the same thing for the previous 20 years that the Spurs wouldn't spend money; it took Parker's veiled threat to get them to do it. Once the Spurs did that, not only did Parker completely fail to show up after a lot of time off, he then suggested that he wouldn't even entertain the idea of an extension.

He's likely to play really well this season since he'll be playing for himself instead of the team he asked to open their pursestrings, but unless that play is enough to win the Spurs a title, they need to get value for him before he bails.

Pauleta14
07-08-2010, 06:24 PM

I'm just talking about me, but I'm not against a tp trade (neither I'm a tp "lover"), the spurs will still be my team after/if he leaves...

but, as we've been saying for weeks now, the only worthy scenario would be for an elite PG or guard, THERE AREN'T ANY AVAILABLE!!!!

90% of the "trade tp" we can see on ST are just dumb, irrealistic or Hill is our PG...
So sometimes, it just seems that these poster only want to trade Tony for the sake of trading HIM!

It's getting old...

TeKu
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Would love to sign as no Parker means chances of Tim getting another ring are majorly cut but...

It's all about the $$$'s and with max $$$'s this season >>>>>> max $$$'s under new CBA then TP is mad if he dosn't push for an extension now. Question is who it'll be with. SA (maybe 20% chance IMO) or elsewhere (80% chance)?

Can't figure out people who want to 'force' TP to play out this season and then test FA. If we make Tony play out this year and head into a lockout with no deal in place and the likelihood of reduced $$$'s on the other side, that'd lead to one pissed off Frenchie surely!

Josepatches_
07-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Parker could go next summer so Hill will be the PG anyway and you will have the same problem.Trade Parker for a elite PG is not the only way.

Pauleta14
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I wish I could say I didn't expect the above response from people with that flag under their name. Try to separate what I'm saying from the people who are suggesting that Parker isn't a good player and let's go from there.

Parker complained publicly that the team needed more help, and it was perfectly obvious at the time that the Spurs responded to it because they wanted to show a commitment to Parker that they were willing to do what was required to help the team win so that he wouldn't leave.

"EVERYBODY" has been thinking the same thing for the previous 20 years that the Spurs wouldn't spend money; it took Parker's veiled threat to get them to do it. Once the Spurs did that, not only did Parker completely fail to show up after a lot of time off, he then suggested that he wouldn't even entertain the idea of an extension.

He's likely to play really well this season since he'll be playing for himself instead of the team he asked to open their pursestrings, but unless that play is enough to win the Spurs a title, they need to get value for him before he bails.

First, forget about the flag, they put it for me, I love y country, but I'm not nationalist to the point of loving and defending all the frenchs.

(+ I don't feel I represent the frenchs or anything, we should take them off every posters, it has only negative effect with people full of clichés or who
think they know you before they talked to u)

For the record, I don't particualrly like Tony Parker as a man, but I like the player he is and the way he is different from all I can/could see in the nba.
I just think people are underating him, and YOU are OVERATING the power he has on the Spurs FO!!!

You seem smart (it's not sarcasm), that's why I just can't believe you truly think the spurs did what they did ONLY because/for Tony...

Every FO has to/should care about the opinion of their best pllayers, the same way Timmy is involved, but I don't think Tony has any particuar power on the spurs FO, it's just IMPOSSIBLE!

Remember last year (even if they were probably right), they asked him to flew bck to SA just for a scan!
Tony was pissed, but he did it anyway...

All I'm saying, is that you can't put the RJ trade on TP!!!

It's just absurd.

peace

Pauleta14
07-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Parker could go next summer so Hill will be the PG anyway and you will have the same problem.Trade Parker for a elite PG is not the only way.

So many things can happen till next summer, this is just speculation...

Why wouldn't he sign an extention?

It's reminds me all year threads about "let's trade Tony, because he is going to play next summer for his french NT"....

And what happened?

Let's wait and see what happen, we all know it has a lot to do with the negociation process.

Vito Corleone
07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I like Tony as much as the next guy, but we cannot afford to let him walk on us and get nothing in return. That is exactly what is going to happen if we don't make a move and either sign him to an extended contract or trade him now.

Obstructed_View
07-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I just think people are underating him, and YOU are OVERATING the power he has on the Spurs FO!!!

And with all due respect, I think you're doing the opposite on the latter because of the former. Parker has been the Spurs' best player over the last few years, and two seasons ago was well on his way to becoming one of the top scorers in the league and the anchor of the Spurs for the next decade.

Don't let last season's hiccup fool you or alter your memory; when Parker made his statements about the Spurs getting some help that was a clear shot across the bow by the team's best player telling the front office what needs to happen if they want his participation, and ultimately, his signature on a new contract.

Having him leave the team for nothing would be disastrous (and after the team acquiesced to his demands, a betrayal), and I hope that his recent comments were just for bargaining position, but if they're not then the Spurs absolutely have to get something for him, even if it's a trade exception and a rotation backup. Teams like the Spurs don't have the luxury of being on the preferred list of free-agent destinations, so they have to get value for Parker if they want to compete.

Lady M
07-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm a very big Tony's fan and more i read ST more i want he be trade and make cry all they want a trade

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
looks like the knicks will be good trading partners with there new acquired pieces from the warriors...

ohmwrecker
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm a very big Tony's fan and more i read ST more i want he be trade and make cry all they want a trade

I dig your accent. Is your name Natasha?

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
either you trade his ass now while he is still in demand

or the knicks would just get cp3 in a trade and then sign melo if he doesnt sign that extention...