PDA

View Full Version : How would Miami's cap space look with all Wade, Bosh and James?

Kamnik
07-08-2010, 05:06 AM
With these 3 (assuming all 3 with max contracts) and Beasly they would already be near the salary cap no?

Is there a thread or calculations made?

Could they sign a MLE player besides them?

I don't see how they could create a solid roster with 3 max paid players...

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 05:26 AM
LeBron Wade and Bosh would take up almost the entire salary cap lol

the Heat would then sign Joel Anthony to the minumum. he's a defensive Center, very good shot blocker, and he can rebound. his offense is terribad though

there's also talks of grabbing Jamal Magloire for his minumum.

Mario Chalmers stays at PG. He's a VERY GOOD defender, gets steals, and can shoot the 3pter. He makes mistakes though, and has some flaws in his game, but he's really young and he will learn. serviceable PG, maybe off the bench.

after that, the Heat would have to go after guys like Kurt Thomas, and many other guys and sign them for their minimum, whatever that is

The HEAT can go over the cap if they have to fill up a roster, so signing guys to whatever their minimum is at, is allowed

With those big 3, the rest of the roster is easy to fill.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 05:27 AM

lol @ this type of thinking

PG -
SG - Wade
SF - LeBron
PF - Bosh
C -

bench

it will barely matter what type of guys they get. With the Big 3, they will sweep the league.

07-08-2010, 05:27 AM
they won't be able to use the MLE. i haven't done the calculations but all three players will get at least near the max with like a 500k-1million dollar pay cut. the heat will most likely trade beasley and his $5 million contract for 2-3 lesser players. will probably sign someone like shaq or tmac who are desperate for a ring. if lebron goes to the heat, they might have to wait a year to win because constructing the rest of the team with min contracts is pretty bad. if lebron really wanted to win next year, he would go to the bulls.

Kamnik
07-08-2010, 05:29 AM
In this case all 3 players would be required to plax close to 40 minutes a game which would really increase their chance for injuries. I don't see it happening...

It is better to have 5 decent role players around Bosh and Wade than a bunch of crappy ones around "the big 3".

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 05:29 AM
With the Big 3, they will sweep the league.

So much easier saying it. Next to impossible actually doing it.

07-08-2010, 05:37 AM
don't know how this will work out. if the superfriends do decide to come together, then it might tire them out because they have to carry a team of min contract players, or maybe not because there will be 3 stars that have dragged their team's dead corpses for the past few seasons. the best second options they've had last season were beasley, bargnani, and jamison/williams. not exactly good company.

ffadicted
07-08-2010, 05:42 AM
lmao @ Lebron always having one less ring then wade

Darrin
07-08-2010, 05:43 AM
With these 3 (assuming all 3 with max contracts) and Beasly they would already be near the salary cap no?

We saw this in 2007 with the Celtics. They'll use their three draft picks from this year's draft and a couple of complimentary pieces to fill out the roster (James Posey was the big find). They don't have the MLE because at the time of calculation of the cap, they were under. They will have 10 years with these guys. That's 9 MLEs and 9 Veterans Exceptions to get a Championship with Miami. Those aren't bad odds.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 05:52 AM
In this case all 3 players would be required to plax close to 40 minutes a game which would really increase their chance for injuries. I don't see it happening...

It is better to have 5 decent role players around Bosh and Wade than a bunch of crappy ones around "the big 3".

keep telling yourself that

in the regular season, all the inferior teams are going to get blown out by the 4th quarter.

LBJ and wade and bosh will get plenty of rest.

they will only play big minutes vs elite teams like lakers magic boston.

and in the playoffs, they were going to play 40+ minutes ANYWAY, so might as well do it together and win.

mystargtr34
07-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Guys who may generally be worth more than the minimum are likely to strongly consider taking less money to sign for a team that is pretty much garuanteed to compete for a championship, so they would have that going for them.

ploto
07-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Guys who have already made their money will be lining up to play with those 3 for the minimum and the chance for a ring- all while living in Miami.

Bandwagon Fan
07-08-2010, 06:17 AM
lol @ this type of thinking

PG -
SG - Wade
SF - LeBron
PF - Bosh
C -

bench

it will barely matter what type of guys they get. With the Big 3, they will sweep the league.

:lol Just wait till theyre up against a team that actually plays defense, or has a tough center (or overall size advantage) in a seven game series.

Even in the regular season any team with a decent bench will give the trouble. Hope they arent expecting HCA :rolleyes. Im wondering how you expect Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to recieve 'plenty of rest' when theyll be the only ones standing between a victory and a blowout loss.

timvp
07-08-2010, 06:22 AM
The Heat would easily be able to recruit a solid group of role players if they landed the Ultimate Big 3. All the Heat would have to do is point to the fact that their scrub role players got massively overpaid the last time the team had success (See: Jones, Damon and Kapono, Jason).

pauls931
07-08-2010, 06:28 AM
This is like pickup game where all the good players make sure they're on the same team. I guess if they can make the money work, fine. But might have to wait and see if this trumpts the Gasol trade. Funny how most of the tough teams are now out east, but I guess everyone still wants to avoid LA as long as possible.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 06:38 AM
This is like pickup game where all the good players make sure they're on the same team. I guess if they can make the money work, fine. But might have to wait and see if this trumpts the Gasol trade. Funny how most of the tough teams are now out east, but I guess everyone still wants to avoid LA as long as possible.

eh

I guess it's funny if you grew up in the 00's

I grew up in the 90's, and the Beasts of the East were all the best teams. The western conference was the shitty conference back then.

it's the see-saw.

Bandwagon Fan
07-08-2010, 06:44 AM
'Ultimate Big 3 but not much else' isn't as appealing when you already have 3-4 proven contenders.

And even with Wade Bosh and Lebron, Miami's going to need more than just a few standard role players to pull ahead of the pack. Lakers had more, Celtics had more, Spurs had more. I dont see who Miami aquires that gives them anything near that level of depth, let alone what those three teams had.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 06:48 AM
'Ultimate Big 3 but not much else' isn't as appealing when you already have 3-4 proven contenders.

And even with Wade Bosh and Lebron, Miami's going to need more than just a few standard role players to pull ahead of the pack. Lakers had more, Celtics had more, Spurs had more. I dont see who Miami aquires that gives them anything near that level of depth, let alone what those three teams had.

yeah, lets hope the Heat find Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmar, and Luke Walton

hurry up bandwagon fan, you should jump on the HEAT train before lebron announces so you can claim "I WAS A HEAT FAN BEFORE THE TRIO CAME TO MIAMI"

Bandwagon Fan
07-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Sounds like the kinds of role players youll be employing for your C and PG. Wonder what thatll make your bench look like.

I hear you guys will have a solid 6th man :downspin:

ffadicted
07-08-2010, 07:04 AM
It's also hilarious, just look at the lakers for example. Kobe checks Wade evenly, Pau checks Bosh at least evenly, and Ron can do work to contain Lebron. Who the fuck checks Bynum? Odom? Even Blake lol

I get that you don't pass up the opportunity to have those three guys on your team, but idk brah, idk

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 07:08 AM
It's also hilarious, just look at the lakers for example. Kobe checks Wade evenly, Pau checks Bosh at least evenly, and Ron can do work to contain Lebron. Who the fuck checks Bynum? Odom? Even Blake lol

wait what? you sound like a person who just hates that this happened and is trying to justify why it would suck :lol

Odom plays SF. He can't play with Ron and Gasol at the same time.

Bynum is a scrub. A defensive Center who can rebound and block shots will neutralize him.

Bandwagon Fan
07-08-2010, 07:12 AM
lmao, yeah those defensive centers come a dime a dozen don't they?

Replace Odom with Fisher or whatever, quite honestly it doesnt matter because this is the depth that LA doesnt have :nope

By the way speaking of defense, its going to be hilarious to watch this big three try to hold off onslaughts with whatever scrub role players they find to give them a hand. But no worries, team defense is really just a three man effort right?

ffadicted
07-08-2010, 07:13 AM
wait what? you sound like a person who just hates that this happened and is trying to justify why it would suck :lol

Odom plays SF. He can't play with Ron and Gasol at the same time.

Bynum is a scrub. A defensive Center who can rebound and block shots will neutralize him.

lol I would love for this to happen and for Lebron to become Wade's bitch.
It's just not as dreamy as people think it is right now. And tbh, lol @ Odom not being able to play PF, gtfo

JamStone
07-08-2010, 07:15 AM
The ESPN cap expert said the starting salary of each would be $16.6, I believe. Well if that's accurate, that's $49.8 for the three of them. Chalmers makes $847,000. So that's about $50.6 committed to those four players with a cap roughly at $58 million. If the Heat are able to trade Beasley without taking a salary in return, the Heat actually would have a little bit of money to play with to try to get a decent big man, better than Joel Anthony. They might even have enough to offer Haywood something like $7-9 million a year. But, they'd probably be better off trying to split whatever money they do have left and trying to get at least two above minimum contract caliber players, perhaps trying to get both Ray Felton and Travis Outlaw for example for depth. Big men free agents are pretty thin anyway beyond the top free agent big men, so might as well try to get a couple quality perimeter guys for depth.

With the cap set at $58, if the Heat can ship off Beasley for cap space, the Heat might actually be able to add a couple of decent players so that everything is not on those three guys and they're surrounded by all scrubs or over-the-hill players trying to ride coattails.

pauls931
07-08-2010, 07:16 AM
If you have 3 players that good, it doesn't really matter what you surround them with as long as they can play some D. Get some defensive players, a couple assholes that can stand behind the 3pt line all day and you're set.

Bandwagon Fan
07-08-2010, 07:18 AM
If you have 3 players that good, it doesn't really matter what you surround them with as long as they can play some D. Get some defensive players, [/u]a couple assholes that can stand behind the 3pt line all day and you're set.[/U]
Easier said than done friend, especially if you include the former and the latter.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 07:20 AM
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af133/rickiroma/bb.jpg

ezau
07-08-2010, 07:28 AM

Lakers actually have a decent bench? :lmao:lmao If there's something the Lakers have taught us is that you can get away with a shitty bench as long as you've got a supremely talented starting five.

And what's with that proven contenders bullshit? Isn't this the same reasoning when Allen, Pierce, and KG all went to Boston in 08? Everybody said that these players haven't won shit their entire career and guess what, they ran away with a ring 11 months later.

ezau
07-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Easier said than done friend, especially if you include the former and the latter.

So Brown, Vujaslut, and DJ Mbenga are all-world beaters now?

BullsDynasty
07-08-2010, 07:32 AM
The ESPN cap expert said the starting salary of each would be $16.6, I believe. Well if that's accurate, that's $49.8 for the three of them. Chalmers makes $847,000. So that's about $50.6 committed to those four players with a cap roughly at $58 million. If the Heat are able to trade Beasley without taking a salary in return, the Heat actually would have a little bit of money to play with to try to get a decent big man, better than Joel Anthony. They might even have enough to offer Haywood something like $7-9 million a year. But, they'd probably be better off trying to split whatever money they do have left and trying to get at least two above minimum contract caliber players, perhaps trying to get both Ray Felton and Travis Outlaw for example for depth. Big men free agents are pretty thin anyway beyond the top free agent big men, so might as well try to get a couple quality perimeter guys for depth.

With the cap set at $58, if the Heat can ship off Beasley for cap space, the Heat might actually be able to add a couple of decent players so that everything is not on those three guys and they're surrounded by all scrubs or over-the-hill players trying to ride coattails.

The Miami Heat currently have the following players signed:

Michael Beasley
Mario Chalmers

This gives them a cap space of $51 million. Signing Wade and Bosh at the Max (30% of salary cap which is $17.4 million) will give them a cap space of about $16.2 Million. Meaning they're about $1.2 million short. So in order to sign Lebron they have to trade away Michael Beasley and free up some cap space.

ezau
07-08-2010, 07:32 AM
At the end of the day, I'd rather have these three in one team knowing for a fact that they didn't need a fucking collusion and a lot of David Stern's help to pull it off.

Bandwagon Fan
07-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Lakers actually have a decent bench? :lmao:lmao If there's something the Lakers have taught us is that you can get away with a shitty bench as long as you've got a supremely talented starting five.

And what's with that proven contenders bullshit? Isn't this the same reasoning when Allen, Pierce, and KG all went to Boston in 08? Everybody said that these players haven't won shit their entire career and guess what, they ran away with a ring 11 months later.

God dang, you make it sound like I called them quality players. The bench was decent, and on occasion brought us over the hump, especially in home games. This was in addition to our stellar starting five\. If we honest to God had a terrible bench it might have cost us one more more championships.

As for Boston, anyone who thinks their depth ended at the big 3 is a fool.

So Brown, Vujaslut, and DJ Mbenga are all-world beaters now?
*Odom, Bynum, and Fisher.

boston.balla
07-08-2010, 08:31 AM
btw why nobody counts dexter pittman as an asset for the heat. I've seen a couple of college games with him and this kid is a beast. He may not run great but against strong big like bynum/dwight and with a 1-2 year of workout (he PROVED he can work out, 388-> 300 is not easy) he can be a very decent situational C. I think he's one of the steals of the draft.

Plus look at his freakin measurements:
"Dexter Pittman (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dexter-Pittman-1182/) is quite a unique physical specimen in his own right, measuring 6-9 ½ without shoes, with a 7-6 wingspan. He also has the biggest hands (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=2010&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=8) in this draft (a new stat) at 10.5 inches.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dexter-Pittman-1182/#ixzz0t66DYV3N "

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 08:42 AM
shitty role players tend to look a lot better when they're playing with 3 superstars.

see Leon Powe

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 08:43 AM
btw why nobody counts dexter pittman as an asset for the heat. I've seen a couple of college games with him and this kid is a beast. He may not run great but against strong big like bynum/dwight and with a 1-2 year of workout (he PROVED he can work out, 388-> 300 is not easy) he can be a very decent situational C. I think he's one of the steals of the draft.

Plus look at his freakin measurements:
"Dexter Pittman (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dexter-Pittman-1182/) is quite a unique physical specimen in his own right, measuring 6-9 ½ without shoes, with a 7-6 wingspan. He also has the biggest hands (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=2010&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=8) in this draft (a new stat) at 10.5 inches.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dexter-Pittman-1182/#ixzz0t66DYV3N "

It's because Dexter Pittman quite literally can't go 3 minutes on a basketball court before he's completely gassed.

My Fault
07-08-2010, 09:23 AM

Heat are under the cap no MLE for them.

pauls931
07-08-2010, 09:31 AM
shitty role players tend to look a lot better when they're playing with 3 superstars.

see Leon Powe

Bingo hence my point that it doesn't really matter who you surround them with as long as they can play some D. With MJ you had Bill Cartwright, BJ armstrong, Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc, etc look like allstars when without him and Pippen they were scrubs.

When your man is worried about 3 other all stars, you'll get easy looks.

SevenX
07-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I still think the Laker will beat them. After their first year together, the MLE will come into play and then I will see them as the favorite for years to come. Their worst year will be the first year, although it will be a great year in comparison to every other team.

SevenX
07-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I never saw that one coming. A post-Gasol trade Lakerfan picking them to beat the superteam.

So how's Game 7 gonna go down? Kobe shooting 25% and Derek Fisher bailing him out?

:lmao:lmao

Resorting to calling me a bandwagon fan despite me living in the Los Angeles area for 21 years and being a member of Club Lakers since we had Smush Parker. Good shit though... I forgot Spurs talk join date is when everyone became a fan of basketball.

:rollinretard.

Edit: To answer your question. Yes, if it goes down like that again, it would be fan-fucking-tastic.

Resorting to knocking Kobe. I'm a Laker fan, retard, not a Kobe dick rider. I was a laker fan before Kobe, I'll be a Laker fan after Kobe. That shit doesn't work on me.

:lobt2:

EIC
07-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Potentially stupid question, but is there any chance that at least Wade and Bosh would accept less than max deals to give their team the cap space it needs to find serviceable role players? Wade has said many, many times that this isn't about money and that he'd take less to help the team win. I can't see Bosh signing for more than Wade, so it seems plausible to me that they both would take sub-max deals.

Also, what are the odds that Shaq comes to play with two of his former star teammates (Bron and Wade) to get a fifth ring and stick it to Kobe?

koriwhat
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
i saw 1.8mil last night on espn while including the new cap price range

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM

Resorting to calling me a bandwagon fan despite me living in the Los Angeles area for 21 years and being a member of Club Lakers since we had Smush Parker. Good shit though... I forgot Spurs talk join date is when everyone became a fan of basketball.

:rollinretard.

Edit: To answer your question. Yes, if it goes down like that again, it would be fan-fucking-tastic.

Resorting to knocking Kobe. I'm a Laker fan, retard, not a Kobe dick rider. I was a laker fan before Kobe, I'll be a Laker fan after Kobe. That shit doesn't work on me.

:lobt2:

Join Date 07-18-09
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

EIC
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM

I have to admit: They do look sick together in those Heat unis. I've always liked Wade as a person and would like to see him play on a contender again. I generally hate it when stars are sequestered for most of their career on shitty teams (e.g., KG in Minnesota pre-Boston, Baron Davis, Chris Paul, LeBron if he doesn't leave Cleveland, etc.).

SevenX
07-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Join Date 07-18-09
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

STFU and know your place in the basketball world.

You've been the Lakers and Spurs bitch for the entirety of the NBA and you will continue to be.

BTW, hows your current team doing? :lmao:lmao

Awwwww, too soon?

MavDynasty
07-08-2010, 12:18 PM
sup 7/18

SevenX
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Sup?

AnthonyM
07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Lol...the Heat should check to see if Bowen might be available for the vet min...

Brazil
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM
lmao @ Lebron always having one less ring then wade

never crossed my mind... funny

Cuppycake Gumdrop
07-08-2010, 01:01 PM

tbh LeBron's got big shoes to fill wearing that Heat #6

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/fantasy/02/23/wire.wire/t1_ejones_all.jpg