PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think Stern had something to do with the cap being $2M higher?

tlongII
07-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Seems awfully fishy to me... I believe the league sent a memo out to the teams stating the cap could be significantly lower than it was for this past season just 4-6 months ago. Somehow it miraculously comes in at $400K higher than last year and gives Miami more room to sign multiple FA's. It's too bad that most of the NBA teams are privately owned so we can't look at audited league revenues...

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Seems awfully fishy to me... I believe the league sent a memo out to the teams stating the cap could be significantly lower than it was for this past season just 4-6 months ago. Somehow it miraculously comes in at $400K higher than last year and gives Miami more room to sign multiple FA's. It's too bad that most of the NBA teams are privately owned so we can't look at audited league revenues...

It was $2 million more, not 400k.

I wouldn't doubt it.

LeBron-Wade-Bosh Super Team would bring in bandwagon fans in droves.

The entire league would benefit $$$$ wise...... he must be salivating.

Lakers-Heat would be epic.

coyotes_geek
07-08-2010, 09:38 AM
No. The cap figure is a specific calculation, defined by a contract, audited by both the players association and the league.

Besides, Stern works for the owners and I doubt the other 29 owners had much of an interest in making it easier for one team to land the three best players in this year's free agent class.

usdane
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Lakers-Heat would be a curbstomping. Heat in 5.

We'll see but first they have to get out of the East.

tlongII
07-08-2010, 10:22 AM
2 million or 400K?

400K higher than last year. 2 million higher than the previously projected cap for this year.

Muser
07-08-2010, 10:24 AM
We'll see but first they have to get out of the East.

Who's gonna stop them?

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Hollinger already says Orlando will be better than a Wade/LeBron/Bosh Miami.

:lmao

:lol

resistanze
07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Vince Carter cancels out Lebron and Wade IMO.

Trainwreck2100
07-08-2010, 01:43 PM
he needs a team like this to bring the fans back after a lockout

kamikazi_player
07-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Who's gonna stop them?

tbh I think they are going to get better in their second year. First year might be a struggle. If they land the big 3, they need some type of decent role player. They won't be able to do that unless they take a really big cut. So if they trade Beasley and get the big 3 max contracts, they are built for the 2nd season. They do not have enough money right now to get anybody but minimum players. Their best bet is to get the MLE next year and get decent shooter/big man and then I can see them win the East easily. I might be wrong about them not doing much this year, but we'll wait till the season starts and see how all the pieces fit.

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Jameer Nelson > Mario Chalmers
Vince Carter <<<<< Dwayne Wade
Mickael Pietrus <<<<< LeBron James
Rashard Lewis < Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard>>>>>Jamaal Magloire

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Jameer Nelson > Mario Chalmers
Vince Carter <<<<< Dwayne Wade
Mickael Pietrus <<<<< LeBron James
Rashard Lewis < Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard >>>>> Jamaal Magloire

Roddy Beaubois
07-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Hollinger already says Orlando will be better than a Wade/LeBron/Bosh Miami.

:lmao

tbh the Jazz could beat both of them

duhoh
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
donnie walsh must be feeling great in NY right now :lol

ChumpDumper
07-08-2010, 02:25 PM
No. The cap figure is a specific calculation, defined by a contract, audited by both the players association and the league.This.

tlongII
07-08-2010, 02:43 PM
No. The cap figure is a specific calculation, defined by a contract, audited by both the players association and the league.

Besides, Stern works for the owners and I doubt the other 29 owners had much of an interest in making it easier for one team to land the three best players in this year's free agent class.

That is not an independent audit. It could be argued that putting a "superteam" in Miami is good for the league as a whole as well.

tlongII
07-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Fun fact, David Stern is a Knicks fan!

Another fun fact, there are thousands of New Yorkers living in Miami!

coyotes_geek
07-08-2010, 05:54 PM
That is not an independent audit. It could be argued that putting a "superteam" in Miami is good for the league as a whole as well.

Sure it could be argued. But there's only one owner who actually believes it.

Zelophehad
07-08-2010, 06:19 PM
If Lebron signs with the Heat I predict that this will affect the new CBA as well. There has been talk that the owners would want to do away with the MLE and LLE as teams use that to circumvent the salary cap limits. Well, since the only way this Heat team would be able to improve is by using the MLE and LLE every offseason there's no way Stern eliminates those options.