PDA

View Full Version : I don't quit, who is with me?

Rummpd
05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Re other post Soft fans quit. Please the rest of you fair weather fans off the bandwagon now.

Support your team win or lose.

It was a bad night where the team just could not get the needed run to get over the hump when they tied it up several times. In short = bad game, but move on to game 5.

Out, Spurs in 6.

Summers
05-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Word! Nobody said it would be an easy series. Will always love my Spurs.

Tobias
05-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Shit, i stuck around after all those years the Jazz killed us. When Hakeem dismantled us. Hen Fish shot us in the nuts.
Playing like ass for one playoff game isn't a huge shocker.

Tek_XX
05-15-2005, 09:26 PM
No one is quitting

boutons
05-15-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm not quitting.

But after last May, very traumatic for me, I'm simply not as invested in this team as I was last year.

If the Spurs don't give a fuck, I don't give fuck, either.
How can you support a team that turns in a pussy-whipped game like today?

Fans need to see effort, commitment, intensity.

I NEVER mind playing well but getting beat (loss @POR was no problem for me), but when the Spurs play like shit, I don't give a fuck.

I'm still a Spurs fan, but their commitment has to win my commitment.

slayermin
05-15-2005, 09:27 PM
You jinxed us. You predicted the sweep. JK :D

spursfan05
I quit. We're soft, the sooner you admit it the less it will hurt when this team chokes it away.

Aggie Hoopsfan
I don't think anyone's quitting. Just tired of the same old shit on offense in the playoffs, which in turn leads to spectacular all-around collapses like we saw tonight.

Leetonidas
05-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I agree with you. Everyone here falls apart after a loss. Get a grip people.

saspurs2005
05-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I do not quit, Im with the SPurs 24/7, i dont know if that possiblem because i do not have dreams of them, but i am with the Spurs no matter what...they could trade Tim Duncan for Evans, or trading the Coyote for the fat guys in Dallas...im with the spurs...<-------well never mind the trades, since it will most likely wont happen, but the Coyote for the fat guys, it would kind of match because it would stand for San Antonio, we are not fat, we are just big bone

nickbroken
05-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Hell no I don't quit let the others jump off the wagon just to hurt themselves jumping back on after we take them in 6.

Manu20
05-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Spurs in 6

No Worries :smokin

Dre_7
05-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Spurs in 6

bigbendbruisebrother
05-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Part of being a Spurs fan, like it or not, is that our team has an annoying tendency to play down to the level of the competition. Jazz. Grizz. Shorth-handed Sonics. It rips my guts out when it happens. But if you think about it, no relationship is perfect. Think about it. Your dog may bark too much or pee on the floor. Your significant other may smoke. Your toddler may not share when you'd like him to. Your parents may come to visit and drive you nuts trying to change things in your life. Do you flake out and dump those people because you get annoyed with them? You shouldn't, because you yourself are not perfect either. Can any of you lazy fuckers on this blog run a high screen and roll, get the shit hammered out of you in the paint and then get back and man up on D? Everybody likes to talk smack and argue on this board. I wish I had a dollar (vbookie of course) for evertime somebody on this board jumped ship only to return with the next win.

I'd like to find some positives in this game, but it would be bullshit and spin.

The only solace I can take (besides the fact that I have a real life in which watching millionaires play ball is not a big part) is that I can't remember the last time the Spurs lost three straight with a healthy Tim Duncan. I also know--KNOW--that Seattle played way over their heads tonight (and props to them) and that they CANNOT win at the SBC Center.

Its too bad we didn't win. The fact that we couldn't put these guys away quickly may hurt us in the WC Finals. Or it may have the opposite effect and toughen us. Regardless, its been an imperfect season for an imperfect team. And as imperfect a fan as I am, I still BELIEVE.

boutons
05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
"the last time the Spurs lost three straight with a healthy Tim Duncan."

.... was exactly 12 months ago.

caŽlo
05-15-2005, 10:42 PM
i with u. i wont fucking quit

TDfan2007
05-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I am sick and tired of this fair weather fan bullshit!

I'm pissed and I don't think that the Spurs can win this series, let alone a championship at our current level. That doesn't make me a fair weather fan. People who say that the Spurs will lose this series are partially right. They will lose if they keep playing the way they did in games 3 & 4.

Tony and Manu need to get their heads out of their asses!

Barry is hopeless, and Devin needs more PT!

Nice to get that out of my system.

Phenomanul
05-15-2005, 11:05 PM
All four series went to six games in 2003....

We still won the Championship....
I may be a bit concerned or worried, but deep down I know this is our year again...

I'm waiting for a Miami-San Antonio Final so that Duncan can best Shaq again.
And hopefully the "most Dominant player on the planet debate" can finally end.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2005, 11:30 PM
I've rooted for the Spurs for a lot of years, most of them the team was soft and crumbled in the playoffs, but I still rooted for them. Why should this year be any different?

Vashner
05-15-2005, 11:47 PM
I am cool.. but if they loose 2 more ... I want pop's arse on a platter.. for cutting Rose :)

The team B4 the All Star break was almost .. err was a different team.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2005, 11:49 PM
The team before the last two games was the same team it was at the beginning of the year, but better because they didn't have an overpaid undersized power forward stinking up the place and living off his reputation and blind fan man-love.

boutons
05-15-2005, 11:49 PM
""All four series went to six games in 2003...."

But that team was very tough, confident, that gave them the best road record in the NBA, something like .600 against playfoff teams on the road after 1 Jan. They suffered badly from FTs and TOs all year, and needed some incredible runs to win some playoff games, but they had the toughness to do it.

These 05 Spurs are soft, no confidence, no leadership, no road toughness consistently. I thought the 2 W's @DEN were for real, playoff road toughness to make one forget about the season road softness, but it seems those 2W's were a mirage.

The Spurs are Tim's Franchise, but he's not demanding that people step up and play their game to help him out. Tonight was classic, he played a great MVP game by/for himself, but didn't, couldn't?, rally the others to make the contributions.

They didn't come out ready to play, was Tim isolated under his headphones in the dressing room? or was he working up some intensity, supporting the guys, firing them up to go out and grab the series 3-1?

Is it too late for these Spurs to "turn in on"? To find the toughness they didn't show in the season? Is "turn it on in the playoffs" even a valid concept?

If you can't get it done in the season, like win road games against good teams, like win in the face of hustle and defense, how can you get it done in the playoffs? I really don't think it's do-able. The idea that the season and the playoffs are totally different and disconnected seems to be a myth to me.

Losing one game by 1 pt by missing 15 FTs, then responding by getting blown out in the next game, that's simply not a tough, championship team.

I wish none of this were true, but now the Spurs have lost the momentum and confidence, and Sonics have gained it all. They will be coming to put the Spurs away Tuesday, and make it official in Game6 before their home crowd.

It's very hard to have confidence in the Spurs when they don't have confidence in themselves.

Pistons had to get done today, @IND, not go down 1-3, and they did.

Mavs had to get it done today, not go down 1-3, and they did.

Spurs could have put this series away today, 3-1, but they chickened out and choked. And it's TIM'S GODDAMN TEAM.

Tim's great game today doesn't excuse him from being the team leader in non-peformance areas, like holding people accountable, challenging people to step up.

Would Tim call out Tony or Manu or Brent the way Mavs' leader Dirk did to Erick?

Vashner
05-15-2005, 11:50 PM
MALIK 4 teh win!

Duncanoypi
05-16-2005, 02:34 AM
Im with spurs!...GO GO GO....

leemajors
05-16-2005, 02:38 AM
damn ov, a certain flower just got served.

dcole50
05-16-2005, 04:05 AM
we just have to protect home court and we'll be fine. we can do that easily. no need for anyone to quit .. even "bandwagoners." it's 2-2 and we got home court advantage.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2005, 04:07 AM
Hopefully the Spurs.

sa_butta
05-16-2005, 08:28 AM
quitters never win
and winners never quite
We can do it
beleive that.

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 08:45 AM
I am with you.

Fuck these pussy Spurs fans who quit at the first sign of adversity.

The whole playoffs with a few exceptions this year has been filled with teams having horrible games, only to come back and take the series.

SA will do it.

BTW, Walton, go to Houston to MD Anderson Hospital and go visit the children who are fighting cancer to stay alive. Are they quitting?

Tell them to just quit just like you have done and they will laugh at you for quitting over something so silly as a game.

I am ashamed of people like you...it is pathetic, reallly.

mrblonde17
05-16-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm willing to bet that a bunch of these guys jumping ship wore red and black jerseys in the early nineties and yellow and purple jerseys in the early eighties. A real fan doesn't jump ship. I've supported the Spurs since the first year they put on the silver and black and rolled out the red, white, and blue balls. I've suffered and I've rejoiced and I'm certain that I will have plenty of both in years to come. I sat near the top of the Alamodome and watched the single, greatest moment (next of course to winning championships) in Spurs history when Sean Elliott drained a fallaway three pointer to take us to Portland with a 2-0 lead and eventual NBA title. That single shot and eventual championship made all the bad years worth it. And I'll tell you this; there have not been many lean years. Since we've been members of the NBA, we've been good, we've been very good, and we've been great. Occasionally we've sucked. I have nothing but confidence that this team will rebound from a moribund performance in Seattle this weekend and close the Sonics out 4-2. Even if we were to lose this series, and I don't believe we will, I will still proudly wear my silver and black and begin preparing for next season.

GO SPURS GO

Hook Dem
05-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Nothing hurt me more than when the Cowboys lost to the Packers in "The Ice Bowl" I thought life was over but I "never" quit being a Cowboy fan. Good things came after that and the world was right again. The Spurs will prevail and life will be good again. Would we want to be champions without having fought the battle? Even if this situation is self inflicted, it will strenghten us in the end. There are too many self proclaimed stars today and only the strong will prevail. Let's Kick Some Ass Spurs!!!!!!

kskonn
05-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I can still remember cheering when I was younger for spurs teams that were horrible, the Frank Brickowski, caddillac anderson, etcc.... I never quit on those guys there is now way that I am going to quit on this team. they know what they have to do, they know what it takes. Once that home crowd gets behind them on tuesday they will remember how they play SPURS BASKETBALL. GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BELIEVE... RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Ishta
05-16-2005, 09:51 AM
I Will Never Quit On My Spurs..

BELIEVE

JustSpurs
05-16-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm a homer. Go Spurs Go.

smeagol
05-16-2005, 09:58 AM
I quit. We're soft . . .
Don't put me in the same "quitter's" bag with you.

You are the one who's soft.

Close the door on your way out, sister.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 10:02 AM
No quit in me! Spurs in six.

spur219
05-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Lets Go! We Have To Believe!

fonzy16
05-16-2005, 10:37 AM
we will win! i don't have to believe in what i know.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-16-2005, 10:42 AM
I am with you.

Fuck these pussy Spurs fans who quit at the first sign of adversity.

The whole playoffs with a few exceptions this year has been filled with teams having horrible games, only to come back and take the series.

SA will do it.

BTW, Walton, go to Houston to MD Anderson Hospital and go visit the children who are fighting cancer to stay alive. Are they quitting?

Tell them to just quit just like you have done and they will laugh at you for quitting over something so silly as a game.

I am ashamed of people like you...it is pathetic, reallly.

Jim, this not a call out, but do you remember when we lost the first game to Denver and you said in the game blog something like, "It's over! We will not win another game in this series."? We then ripped off 6 straight wins.

Please, for the sake of luck, make another bad prediction for us. Make it dire.

I'll start. The Spurs will be blown out in the next two games, the team will be broken up in the offseason, and Pop will be fired. The franchise will be moved to Las Vegas and the new GM will be Dennis Rodman. His first move will be to trade Tim Duncan for the entire Portland Trailblazer's team.

That should go a ways towards breaking any cockiness-related jinx we may still have lingering.

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Jim, this not a call out, but do you remember when we lost the first game to Denver and you said in the game blog something like, "It's over! We will not win another game in this series."? We then ripped off 6 straight wins.

Please, for the sake of luck, make another bad prediction for us. Make it dire.

I'll start. The Spurs will be blown out in the next two games, the team will be broken up in the offseason, and Pop will be fired. The franchise will be moved to Las Vegas and the new GM will be Dennis Rodman. His first move will be to trade Tim Duncan for the entire Portland Trailblazer's team.

That should go a ways towards breaking any cockiness-related jinx we may still have lingering.

WTF do you get this from????

I never have quit on this team in a series in my life.

If I ever say it is over, it is me mocking Nikos or someone like him.

Ask anyone who reads all my stuff and they will say that I am the most positive person in chat every game...I never give up...even yesterday I said that they would come back and win at the 10 min mark when Manu and Bowen hit 3 pointers.

You have me confused with someone...just ask anyone.

rascal
05-16-2005, 12:00 PM
This is nothing more than a cheerleader thread. It shows concern that the team is not playing well. Threads like this happen all the time on this board when the spurs drop a game or two or play poorly.

I expect the spurs to survive this series but go no further than the next round. The Spurs aren't good enough to just coast to a title or have the necessary desire to work hard to win it all that the other top teams will have against them in the latter rounds.

MadDog73
05-16-2005, 12:07 PM
I expect the spurs to survive this series but go no further than the next round. The Spurs aren't good enough to just coast to a title or have the necessary desire to work hard to win it all that the other top teams will have against them in the latter rounds.

:wtf Why do you think that? What (besides the last game) makes you think the Spurs aren't good enough to win the title? Why are the Suns better? The Mavs?

Now I will give you that I think the East is just better than the West this year: Champion Pistons, Heat is on a serious roll (w/o Shaq), and the Pacers seem like they're on a mission from God.

But for the West, I think the Spurs have a great shot against the Suns or Mavs (and Sonics, for that matter).

Ishta
05-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Well, Don't Get Upset When Your Proven Wrong Doubter.

One Team,one Goal

Go Spurs Go

SWC Bonfire
05-16-2005, 12:10 PM
This is nothing more than a cheerleader thread.

It is an attempt to counteract the fairweather fanbase that I can really only compare to the bandwagon Rockets fans that I had to put up with when I was at Aggieland. The extent of their knowledge was pretty much limited to being annoying. (Anyone remember "Two-ston"?) There are some much more intelligent people on this board, and they should know better. I want to read something about MY TEAM without the "fire Pop" and "Rasho sucks" naysayers.

Sometimes you just gotta be a Homer.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-16-2005, 12:10 PM
WTF do you get this from????

I never have quit on this team in a series in my life.

If I ever say it is over, it is me mocking Nikos or someone like him.

Ask anyone who reads all my stuff and they will say that I am the most positive person in chat every game...I never give up...even yesterday I said that they would come back and win at the 10 min mark when Manu and Bowen hit 3 pointers.

You have me confused with someone...just ask anyone.

Jim, again this isn't a call out, and I'm not trying to diss you. The quote I'm referring to is from the Minnesota game blog: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14000&page=3&pp=26&highlight=Game+Blog.

This team is not, I repeat not, going to win the first round series.

I'm not doubting your dedication as a fan, I just recall that we went on a tear after that. Give us some luck Jim. Make a dire prediction.

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Jim, again this isn't a call out, and I'm not trying to diss you. The quote I'm referring to is from the Minnesota game blog: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14000&page=3&pp=26&highlight=Game+Blog.

I'm not doubting your dedication as a fan, I just recall that we went on a tear after that. Give us some luck Jim. Make a dire prediction.

That was not in the playoffs.

I never ever say we will not win a series.

The way Pop was using the last 2 games of the season was horrible.
That led to the Spurs losing game 1, because the team was not game ready, they were not in game shape because of all the rest they were getting and Pop fearing injuries.

If you look after game 1 of Denver series, I was the one that said that Spurs would win the next 4 games and I was right. They had their warm up game in game 1 and they were ready to roll after that. I called out the Chicken Littles after game 1, and I am calling out the quitters right now.

they have no business being Spurs fans.

travis2
05-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Believer since 1973.

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Believer since 1973.

also gay since 1973, right Travis?
:)

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Spurs in 6. I believe.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-16-2005, 12:46 PM
That was not in the playoffs.

I never ever say we will not win a series.

[QUOTE=Jimcs50]
This team is not, I repeat not, going to win the first round series.

Jim, again, I'm not accusing you of jumping ship. Everybody gets pissed and posts their anger. What the hell else would this blog be good for if you couldn't vent your frustration with fellow fans? You were rightfully pissed during the Minnesota game and you said that we wouldn't win the first round. If you remember, I said something like, "As your attorney, I advise you to have a beer and change the channel."

My original post in this thread was meant in jest and in the spirit of jinx busting.

I'll drop it now.

Peace. GO SPURS.

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Jim, again, I'm not accusing you of jumping ship. Everybody gets pissed and posts their anger. What the hell else would this blog be good for if you couldn't vent your frustration with fellow fans? You were rightfully pissed during the Minnesota game and you said that we wouldn't win the first round. If you remember, I said something like, "As your attorney, I advise you to have a beer and change the channel."

My original post in this thread was meant in jest and in the spirit of jinx busting.

I'll drop it now.

Peace. GO SPURS.

I know what you meant, but I never give up.

I am positive to a fault.

Now I did get pissed at the Rose trade and I went off on management, but I never go off on my team. They want to win a hell of a lot more than we do, believe me.
Sometimes, you just can not win, but it is not becausr they dod not want to, or are just not trying.

Sometimes, you just are not the best team that game....no big deal.

Rummpd
05-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Bringing this back from 2 days ago. Sack up fans.

Jimcs50
05-17-2005, 04:46 PM
I still have not quit.

Even if SA loses tonight, I will not quit.

Even if SA loses this series, I will not quit.

I am a not a quitter.

I am a Redskins and Red Sox fan for God's sake.

IceColdBrewski
05-17-2005, 04:50 PM
I am a Redskins and Red Sox fan for God's sake.

Try being a Cubs and Eagles fan.

Nikos
05-17-2005, 04:53 PM
This is nothing more than a cheerleader thread. It shows concern that the team is not playing well. Threads like this happen all the time on this board when the spurs drop a game or two or play poorly.

Who do you expect to make the WCF, and who will win it all? Who will meet in the finals in your opinion?

bigbendbruisebrother
05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Try being a Cubs and Eagles fan.

I'm still an Oilers fan. Top that!

johndraegerhhs
05-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Im with the spurs through and throught i was there for the 20-62 season and my friends called me a fool for sticking with the spurs

The sone
05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
caaaaaaaan Yooooooooou Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Iiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!
We're With You Sirus!!!!!

BronxCowboy
05-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Didn't quit in 88-89, didn't quit in 96-97, so why in hell would I quit now? Go Spurs!!
Doubters are pussies! Damn straight!

TwoHandJam
05-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I predicted Spurs in 6 before the series started but I still gotta say that the last game was tough to swallow. It's hard to cheer for a team that plays scared and the Spurs definitely played scared save for Tim.

I wanna see the Sonics get a fucking ass-raping tonight. I can't stand these no-talent fucks talking shit about us any more.

angel_luv
05-18-2005, 09:54 AM
I was with you yesterday but had to internet access until now! Seattle "shall not pass"!
"There may come a day when the Spurs lose..." ( can't remember the actual speech so I improvised) "but today is NOT that day!"

Admit it guys. I am not the only one who watches these games an thinks of the epic LOTR battles. I know Ray Allen definitely reminds me of an Org! =)

Rummpd
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Props to true Spurs fans!

Jimcs50
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Props to true Spurs fans!

Thanks