PDA

View Full Version : LeBron asks for police security for his home

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 11:39 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67976/20100708/police_to_provide_security_around_lebrons_ohio_hom e/

Jul 08, 2010 11:53 AM EST

The Bath Township police department will be providing security around the house of LeBron James on Thursday, as he announces his free agency decision in Greenwich, Connecticut.

Police Chief Michael McNeeley said they have an extra squad of police officers working around James home.

"Whether we get loads of happy fans or unhappy fans showing up outside his home, we will be prepared to keep the traffic moving," he said. "There has been a lot of traffic in the area lately, but there have been no problems."

McNeeley said he has a plan in place in case hundreds of people show up that would include calling in aid from surrounding police departments. The Bath force has 20 officers.

"We're hoping we won't need it," he said.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Yep. He's gone.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I hope the police just turn on his house and burn it down.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2010, 11:44 AM
:lmao

j.dizzle
07-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Hahahaha maybe Obama should lend him some of his secret service agents so they can stand on his roof too?

Whisky Dog
07-08-2010, 11:49 AM
What a joke

Basketballgirl25
07-08-2010, 11:50 AM
if he leaves he will be villian number 2, do he want that lol

Fpoonsie
07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
He's prolly worried the town's gonna start pelting his house w/ "Cleveland rocks"

MavDynasty
07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
pussy,hes selling that shit anyways

redzero
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM

Good, that would save him the trouble of moving when he goes to Miami.

ffadicted
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM
lmao LeQuitter, deserves to have his house trashed

OC Lakerfan
07-08-2010, 12:29 PM
cya

DMX7
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Well... Say goodbye to Cleveland!

Findog
07-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I still say all these stories about buying a home in Miami and planning a party in South Beach and security outside his house is just a smokescreen to up the suspense factor when he announces he's resigning with Cleveland.

bostonguy
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I still say all these stories about buying a home in Miami and planning a party in South Beach and security outside his house is just a smokescreen to up the suspense factor when he announces he's resigning with Cleveland.

Bingo.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Cleveland is the epicenter of class, culture, and rock and roll.

Non-issue.

Findog
07-08-2010, 12:58 PM
The Cavs stupidly let got of Carlos Boozer, made bad draft choices and traded for short term players. They rushed LeBron to a title and now they're losing him.

I could not disagree more. Boozer stabbed them in the back and went back on his word after he agreed to resign with them. Call the Cavs naive, but I have a hard time blaming them for his departure. As for the current composition of Cleveland's roster, LeBron has no right to complain. He signed off on all the transactions Ferry made...and because he wouldn't commit to an extension in order to create this free agency LeBronathon, Ferry had to try and create a championship roster on the fly instead of taking the long route and getting younger players who could take on greater roles over time.

kamikazi_player
07-08-2010, 01:01 PM
MiamiHeat, don't pre ejaculate yet.

:lol

Cuppycake Gumdrop
07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
I could not disagree more. Boozer stabbed them in the back and went back on his word after he agreed to resign with them. Call the Cavs naive, but I have a hard time blaming them for his departure. As for the current composition of Cleveland's roster, LeBron has no right to complain. He signed off on all the transactions Ferry made...and because he wouldn't commit to an extension in order to create this free agency LeBronathon, Ferry had to try and create a championship roster on the fly instead of taking the long route and getting younger players who could take on greater roles over time.

let's not go that far.

Remember Cleveland turned down a trade for Amare because they didn't want to give up JJ Hickson. Think they regret that decision?

objective
07-08-2010, 01:03 PM

first stage is denial

bostonguy
07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Damn man it's just a sport. The real problem here is that the Cleveland front office did a terrible job building around LeBron. Look at how the Sonics built around Durant. KD was only 19 when he was drafted, instead of a "win now" mentality the front office took the long term route. A team with Kevin Durant, Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis would have probably made the playoffs for another year or two. Instead Presti traded those guys away for young talent and losing seasons and now the Thunder could be the best team in the NBA after the 2011 season.

The Cavs stupidly let got of Carlos Boozer, made bad draft choices and traded for short term players. They rushed LeBron to a title and now they're losing him.

:lmao You really believe Bron is going to leave Cleveland and pass up on that extra 30 plus million?

Findog
07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
let's not go that far.

Remember Cleveland turned down a trade for Amare because they didn't want to give up JJ Hickson. Think they regret that decision?

I'd like JoeTait or some other Cleveland fan to weigh in on that. My understanding is that Phoenix is the one that got cold feet.

Findog
07-08-2010, 01:06 PM
first stage is denial

We'll find out at 9 Central, since they'll suck his dick for an hour before he finally reveals what he's going to do.

Basketballgirl25
07-08-2010, 01:07 PM

could deff be the case

objective
07-08-2010, 01:07 PM
we already found out.

It only becomes official shortly after 8 central, the announcement will be early in the show.

Banzai
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Kobe couldn't win without shaq...won 2 titles with Pau.

Lebron can't win with Mo Williams,Parker,Jamison

Lebron needs to have Wade and Bosh to win? (assuming he goes to Miami)

Basketballgirl25
07-08-2010, 01:10 PM
We'll find out at 9 Central, since they'll suck his dick for an hour before he finally reveals what he's going to do.

I heard he was going to say where in the first 10 mins, that's what I heard anyway

kamikazi_player
07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
:lmao You really believe Bron is going to leave Cleveland and pass up on that extra 30 plus million?

For some reason, I think they all (wade, bosh, and lebron) agreed to take a paycut. When hearing the interview with Wade and Bosh, they are willing to take a paycut in order to get the players they need. I think since Lebron is going to make alot of money from endorsements and there's no income tax, I don't think he'll mind taking the same amount of money as the rest.

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I told yall hes gone ever since playoffs ended and its his choice not his fans.

tlongII
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Absolutely. That $30M is chump change compared to his ancillary income.

Findog
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
http://deadspin.com/5577444/lebron-watch-day-42-two-reasons-lebron-cant-leave-cleveland

1.) I know Gloria James, the Unholy Mother. I know her dire backstory. I know that her son is more mature than she is and how much support and protection her son — and the Cavaliers — provide for her. This is a prior existing condition, a de facto factor that can't be exploited by any other team in the course of their pitches to LeBron — he wouldn't stand for that subject to be addressed, nor would he raise it. And he knows that no other media market in the country would enable him to maintain a shield of silence around her.

"It's a turnoff, because he knows that if he goes to New York, and the relentless media, it puts his mom in the spotlight, and LeBron's not interested. Whereas the Cleveland media understands the situation, does not camp out at the mom's house, is respectful to LeBron, and lets the mother play a much less impactful part of his life. And in the case of LeBron there is a situation involved with his family that is not being spoken about that is unbelievably important to him. Basically, LeBron's people had to go to the New York Post and beg them not to run a story.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-08-2010, 02:01 PM
joke making fun of Lefty I'm too lazy to quote

:lmao

jacobdrj
07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Absolutely. That $30M is chump change compared to his ancillary income.

Seems like a myth to me... Winning breeds endorsements... IT makes local market money irrelevant.

If I were Bron, I would leave, especially after that dreadfully embarrassing performance in game 4? and 7...

Cry Havoc
07-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I just heard this morning that LeBron is going to San Antonio. That's gotta be a rape in the ass for Suns fans.

Ftfy. :toast

baseline bum
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM
What would be the point of saving the house? If he leaves, it's going to worthless, since he's the only thing keeping their economy afloat.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Set the Lake on Fire he is gone. Screw Cleveland it's what you get.

boston.balla
07-08-2010, 03:06 PM
sons this thread will be GOLD by tomorrow. Book it.

sefant77
07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
They are angry because he can move on and they are stuck in this shitty city

Ginobili2Duncan
07-08-2010, 03:23 PM

Exactly, that's why more talented players didn't want to go to Cleveland. They were all afraid that LeBron would leave the Cavs in 2010 and they would be stuck in Cleveland without him. LeBron should've just committed to his franchise like most stars do, and other stars would've wanted to play with him.

Booharv
07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
:lmao for some reason I forgot for like two seconds the Cavs chose Antawn over Amare because of Hickson. Just remembering that again makes me laugh.