PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine O'Neal agrees to deal with Celtics

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
WojYahooNBA Jermaine O'Neal has agreed to sign with the Boston Celtics, a league source tells Y! Sports.
www.twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2010, 11:58 AM
To me, this could be the surprise deal that everyone forgets about. This can be a very good thing for Boston.

sribb43
07-08-2010, 11:59 AM
To me, this could be the surprise deal that everyone forgets about. This can be a very good thing for Boston.

....and if he would have signed with the mavs, everyone would have bashed th shit out of it

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 12:00 PM
he's washed up, trust me.

he can't grab a rebound to save his life.

sribb43
07-08-2010, 12:02 PM
C's of all teams should know how bad he sucked last year in the playoffs

JamStone
07-08-2010, 12:03 PM
....and if he would have signed with the mavs, everyone would have bashed th shit out of it

Not if they signed him to be a back-up, like Boston just did. And I still might bash the Celtics depending on how much they paid him.

If the Mavs signed him to be the starting center and depending how much they paid him, probably.

Amarelooms
07-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Not if they signed him to be a back-up, like Boston just did. And I still might bash the Celtics depending on how much they paid him.

If the Mavs signed him to be the starting center and depending how much they paid him, probably.

He will be starting for he Celtics man...that guy who is always mad will still be hurt

:elephant

Killakobe81
07-08-2010, 12:05 PM
not a bad move IMHO ...

they have scoring but not as much as they had in '08 ...

O'neal holds it down until Perk gets healthy

They also need to get a true scorer off the bench

AND a replacement for Posey and Powe ...

those guys KILLED the Lakers ...Celts havent been the same since ...

SevenX
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
This is a good move since he'll be the back up. They better hope he's healthy throughout Perkin's recovery or they'll be fucked in the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2010, 12:29 PM
2 years/full MLE

Muser
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Not a bad signing tbh.

Warlord23
07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
He's done. He was the worst player for the Heat in their short playoff series this year.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 01:06 PM
2 years/full MLE

Borderline bad signing, but at least it's only 2 years.

I'm curious if any other team would have offered the full MLE.

LnGrrrR
07-08-2010, 01:17 PM
C's of all teams should know how bad he sucked last year in the playoffs

This. O'Neal was atrocious during the playoffs. The ONLY way I'll like this signing is a) if he's cheap and b) if he comes off the bench for rebounding.

Even then, not a fan of this.

jacobdrj
07-08-2010, 01:33 PM
The poetic irony of JO following Sheed once again...

He will retire before next off-season...

Total scrub. Unlike Sheed, JO has not produced at ALL in ANY WAY in over a year. Sheed wasn't himself, but he was still doing something, and got lots of rest for the playoffs.

I see WHY the Celtics did it. Perkins insurance, and apparently no faith in getting Rasheed to come out of retirement around April of next year...

But IMHO JO will contribute NOTHING...

Let me be ABSOLUTELY CRYSTAL clear:
As of today
Kwame Brown >>> Jermaine O'neal
Period

baseline bum
07-08-2010, 01:35 PM
What the fuck is Boston thinking? At this point, Jermaine O'Neal isn't even as good as Shaquille O'Neal or Ed O'Neil.

bostonguy
07-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Well it's better than Sheldon Williams. I expect him to do jack shit while here though.

jacobdrj
07-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Well it's better than Sheldon Williams. I expect him to do jack shit while here though.

I have to respectfully disagree. There is a chance in hell Sheldon does something in a reserve role, simply based on age... JO will be in the rotation and produce squat, and has no hope of getting better....

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Bad sign imo. Oneal is too washed if he was couple years younger than this would make sense.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
What the fuck is Boston thinking? At this point, Jermaine O'Neal isn't even as good as Shaquille O'Neal or Ed O'Neil.

I might have gone with Tatum instead of Ed.

spursfan1000
07-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Solid add by Celtics if he will be a backup. O'neal still has that mid jumper.

jacobdrj
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Solid add by Celtics if he will be a backup. O'neal still has that mid jumper.

You see, that's the thing... He doesn't.

Zelophehad
07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
This might come back to bite them in the ass. Last year in the playoffs they could guard Dwight Howard with a tandem of Sheed and Perk who could both give him fits, next year if Perkins gets in foul trouble Howard is going to destroy JO.

Supergirl
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Kendrick Perkins + Rasheed Wallace >>>>>> Jermaine O'Neal. This is a downgrade for the Celtics from last year. Doesn't solve their interior problems at all, it makes them worse. WHat's worse, O'Neal will be less likely to be productive with limited minutes than Sheed could be (when he felt like it).

Spurs da champs
07-08-2010, 05:38 PM

I remember hearing that about Marquis Daniels & look how well he turned out for them.

Zelophehad
07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Kendrick Perkins + Rasheed Wallace >>>>>> Jermaine O'Neal. This is a downgrade for the Celtics from last year. Doesn't solve their interior problems at all, it makes them worse. WHat's worse, O'Neal will be less likely to be productive with limited minutes than Sheed could be (when he felt like it).

If Sheed actually spent some time getting in shape before the season he could still play and be a valuable rotation player for the C's.