PDA

View Full Version : Where do minorities have more freedom and opportunity than the US?

DarrinS
07-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Inspired by another thread, but, nevertheless, a serious question.

Spurminator
07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Wherever the minorities are white. BOOM!

;)

LnGrrrR
07-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Inspired by another thread, but, nevertheless, a serious question.

Interesting question. I haven't done any hard research/reading about this particular question, but I'd guess some of the European countries, especially Sweden and Denmark. Then again, those two countries are probably dealing with a lot less minorities than the states.

I'd say America is definitely near the top of the list.

rjv
07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
your follow up question may be what brought about these freedoms and how long they have been there ? otherwise, it's just a commentary masked as a sincere question.

MannyIsGod
07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
How do you measure this? Do you mean US minorities or minorities in that country?

DarrinS
07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
How do you measure this?

Good question.

Do you mean US minorities or minorities in that country?

For this thread, just people considered minorities in the US.

CosmicCowboy
07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Good question.

In that case, rich Mexicans in Mexico have it made. You just can't get a better life than being a rich Mexican.

DarrinS
07-08-2010, 02:39 PM
In that case, rich Mexicans in Mexico have it made. You just can't get a better life than being a rich Mexican.

Didn't a Mexican recently surpass Bill Gates as the world's richest man?

CosmicCowboy
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Didn't a Mexican recently surpass Bill Gates as the world's richest man?

Carlos Slim

His biggest score was bribing/buying the telephone/cell phone monopoly rights to Mexico.

CosmicCowboy
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I saw this unbelievable yacht last time I was fishing in Cabo...the "Princess Mariana"...looked it up on the internet that night. It was his.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1168/706280642_bf1cf55771_o.jpg

He has a bigger one ordered.

Wild Cobra
07-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Wherever the minorities are white. BOOM!

;)
I hope that isn't a racist statement that implies whites are better than others.

Wild Cobra
07-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Are you sure?

I never visited Mexico, but my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that generally, those of white decent in Mexico are the ones that are well off. Not the natives.

Wild Cobra
07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Carlos Slim

His biggest score was bribing/buying the telephone/cell phone monopoly rights to Mexico.
Yes, and he is of Lebanese decent....

Wild Cobra
07-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I saw this unbelievable yacht last time I was fishing in Cabo...the "Princess Mariana"...looked it up on the internet that night. It was his.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1168/706280642_bf1cf55771_o.jpg

He has a bigger one ordered.
Nice...

I could happily live on the water if I had something that big.

CosmicCowboy
07-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Yes, and he is of Lebanese decent....

But born in Mexico.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I hope that isn't a racist statement that implies whites are better than others.I doubt it. I think it implies whites are *already* the minority or in fact soon will be, in the USA.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
(boom)

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Hopefully white folks' proven ability in victimological pleading will be rendered moot in this the best, freest country in the world. Go USA!

We're #1!

DarrinS
07-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Hopefully white folks' proven ability in victimological pleading will be rendered moot in this the best, freest country in the world. Go USA!

We're #1!

:rolleyes

Wild Cobra
07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
But born in Mexico.
True. I guess my point is that native Mexicans are not treated as equal citizens by the powers to be in Mexico. They are glad to see them come here.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
:rolleyesIn ST? In this forum?

C'mon. You protest too much.

CosmicCowboy
07-09-2010, 01:50 PM
True. I guess my point is that native Mexicans are not treated as equal citizens by the powers to be in Mexico. They are glad to see them come here.

True. The Mestizos And Amerindos are definitely the underclass in Mexico.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
The casual reader in here could come away with the impression that colored folks are the primary agents of racism, against poor blameless whites. If only "race-hustling" were somehow stopped all "racism" would soon cease or something like that.

You, WC. and yoni all spout this garbage. Admit it.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
You're one of the biggest *race hustlers in here,* DarrinS. Always trying to turn the conversation there.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
what if a white/black/conservative/man had said that?

Wild Cobra
07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
The casual reader in here could come away with the impression that colored folks are the primary agents of racism, against poor blameless whites. If only "race-hustling" were somehow stopped all "racism" would soon cease or something like that.

You, WC. and yoni all spout this garbage. Admit it.
I'm sorry you see it from that limited perspective.

I do agree that "colored" people are the primary target of racism. However, I would argue that they bring most of it upon themselves, and perpetuate the hatred by hating whites.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I do agree that "colored" people are the primary target of racism. However, I would argue that they bring most of it upon themselves, and perpetuate the hatred by hating whites.I see, maestro: it's their fault we pick on them. They make us hate them.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Bravo

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 03:11 PM
(golf clap)

Wild Cobra
07-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I see, maestro: it's their fault we pick on them. They make us hate them.
Not entirely. They just help feed the vicious cycle.

DarrinS
07-09-2010, 03:29 PM
You're one of the biggest *race hustlers in here,* DarrinS. Always trying to turn the conversation there.

Do you have any legitimate responses to the OP? Or, did you just come in her to act pissy and throw around insults?

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Not entirely. They just help feed the vicious cycle.The curlicues of caveat and condition aren't helping your case. Just the opposite IMO.

Wild Cobra
07-09-2010, 03:35 PM
The curlicues of caveat and condition aren't helping your case. Just the opposite IMO.
How can you disagree with that?

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Do you have any legitimate responses to the OP? Or, did you just come in her to act pissy and throw around insults?That's all you noticed, apparently.

I gave you a straight take upstream. Your set piece is hackneyed at best. It's worn out. Pure emotive prose with truly high-schoolish leaps of unreason

Hell, Darrin, even my sarcasm was thematically relevant. Does your question in the banner openly lobby for a "USA#1" ranking or doesn't it?

I think it does...

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 03:41 PM
How can you disagree with that?I don't.

MannyIsGod
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry you see it from that limited perspective.

I do agree that "colored" people are the primary target of racism. However, I would argue that they bring most of it upon themselves, and perpetuate the hatred by hating whites.

:lol

DarrinS
07-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I gave you a straight take upstream. Your set piece is hackneyed at best. It's worn out. Pure emotive prose with truly high-schoolish leaps of unreason

Do you talk like this in your daily life?

MannyIsGod
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Do you have any legitimate responses to the OP? Or, did you just come in her to act pissy and throw around insults?

Do you talk like this in your daily life?

I love it when our culture makes being articulate with any amount of multi-sylabic vocabulary being worth of drawing insults.

DarrinS
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM

I love it when our culture makes being articulate with any amount of multi-sylabic vocabulary being worth of drawing insults.

He's just overly verbose.

spursncowboys
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Ohh I get it. You really don't like it. you are justing saying you love and talking about things you dislike.

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
He's just overly verbose.Do you have a straight take on the OP, or do you just prefer bickering?

Winehole23
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I gave you my take; WTF is yours?

CosmicCowboy
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM

Congratulations on your vocabulary. Too bad you can't link those words into coherent, rational thoughts. I've seen parrots with extensive vocabularies too.

MannyIsGod
07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Congratulations on your vocabulary. Too bad you can't link those words into coherent, rational thoughts. I've seen parrots with extensive vocabularies too.

Actually my vocabulary pretty much sucks. Winehole busts out words I have to look up on a regular basis.

However, my vocabulary works great for annoying the shit out of you. :lol

Parker2112
07-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Good question.

What a dumbshit.

rjv
07-12-2010, 08:50 AM

We're #1!

:lol that is an awesome post !

admiralsnackbar
07-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Are you sure?

I never visited Mexico, but my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that generally, those of white decent in Mexico are the ones that are well off. Not the natives.

Breaking up wealth-distribution in Mexico along white/dark lines isn't really that easy. There's a saying in Brazil: dineiro branquiza ("money whitens"). Applies in MX, too.

I think it's true that all Latin American colonies are built on the foundation of giving preferential treatment to Caucasians (a drive down Insurgentes looking at all the signs featuring white chicks selling products confirms this), but I'd say, in general, the people who have the best quality of life there are the descendants of European and Middle-Eastern immigrants who were able to use their superior learning to take over their chosen industries. Many of those same immigrants took Mexican wives/husbands just as the Spanish did when they took over the country, however, so, like I said... it isn't easy to say who may or may not be rich strictly on racial grounds (whatever that means). Because of this, class in MX is often more about how one acts and how much money one has than the color of one's skin.

You can, on the other hand, almost certainly assume that populations that haven't been urbanized and educated WILL be poor, and that these people will likely be unmixed Native Americans.