PDA

View Full Version : Agreement in Place Between David Lee, Warriors

Fpoonsie
07-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Agreement in Place Between David Lee, Warriors

The Warriors and Knicks have agreed in principle to a sign-and-trade deal that would send power forward David Lee to Golden State for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike, multiple sources confirmed on Thursday.

According to one source, the terms of Lee’s contract have been agreed to, the paperwork has been completed and all that’s needed are the pertinent signatures.

Oh, and one other thing: LeBron James needs to make it official tonight that he’s not signing with the Knicks. At this point, indications are that he won’t. But the Knicks want to make sure.

Should James pull a late surprise and choose New York, the Knicks would have to renounce the rights to Lee, which would make him an unrestricted free agent.

That would kill the sign-and-trade for Lee. However, if James announces he will play for Cleveland, Miami or any team other than the Knicks, then the Warriors have a deal, according to the sources.
A deal that would be completed by the end of today.

The Knicks still have myriad options regarding free agency in general and Lee in particular, and there remains a touch of uncertainty on their end. But the Warriors’ front office, including owner Chris Cohan, has green-lighted the deal and is only waiting for New York’s approval.

Lee’s deal would be for six seasons with an average salary of approximately $13 million, according to a source. The total package is said to be just under $80 million.

The price for Lee won’t just come in terms of dollars. The Warriors also must part with Anthony Randolph, a 20-year-old with plenty of potential. But what the Warriors get in Lee is more of a finished product, and a player who was an NBA All-Star in 2010.

The Warriors haven’t had an all-star since 1997.

Lee, who averaged 20.2 points and 11.7 rebounds per game last year for the Knicks, drew interest from several teams, including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns and New Jersey Nets.

link (http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/08/10/Agreement-in-Place-Between-Lee-Warriors/landing.html?blockID=268088&feedID=2539)

Fpoonsie
07-08-2010, 03:16 PM
:lol

jacobdrj
07-08-2010, 03:16 PM
fuck!

+1

Booharv
07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Since Nelson only plays one big man anymore, this means Biedrins will probably play even less minutes and his confidence will erode even more. He could end up shooting like 4% on free throws next year.

boston.balla
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
only golden state could come up with such a dumb deal, but hey, that's why they are the golden state.

Anthony randolph should say THANK YOU cause his career just got an influx of opportunity.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Fuck!

Poor guy went from being a small forward out of position at power forward to now having to play center.

I actually like the deal for the Knicks though. Not anything earth-shattering but if they lose out on LeBron, they add a few, young pieces so they don't have such a depth problem like some of the other teams that have cleared cap space.

Azubuike can ball too if he's recovered well from his injury.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Lee ending up East of Arizona, or West of Arizona, makes nary a diff.

tee, hee.

Fpoonsie
07-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I had a feeling you'd get a kick outta this, Cubby.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Honest to God, it's a relief, Poonsie.

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 03:25 PM
keep McGrady and that team ain't half bad. IMO a playoff team in the east.

JamStone
07-08-2010, 03:27 PM
You really think T-Mac can still contribute?

Man, the one game I saw him play with the Knicks, he had like a good 2-3 minutes, then he looked like he couldn't move anymore.

Zelophehad
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Since he's going to the Warriors and Nelson, I guess he's still going to be playing center.

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
You really think T-Mac can still contribute?

Man, the one game I saw him play with the Knicks, he had like a good 2-3 minutes, then he looked like he couldn't move anymore.

Not as "the man" or anything resembling it, but I refuse to believe someone that talented can't still find some level of usefulness on a decent NBA team.

boston.balla
07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Not as "the man" or anything resembling it, but I refuse to believe someone that talented can't still find some level of usefulness on a decent NBA team.

yao ming is amazingly talented for 7-6 guy.... just sayin.

dirk4mvp
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
yao ming is amazingly talented for 7-6 guy.... just sayin.

He's not anywhere near T-Mac's level of talent, so what's your point?

Muser
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Damn, i'm a big fan of Randolph too.

Zelophehad
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Ming would be great if he wasn't making $17 million a year. The Mavs would be lucky to have him if he had the kind of contract/role McGrady will have next year on whatever team he goes to. Not as a fucking franchise player though. That shit's a joke.

spursfan1000
07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Great trade by New York, that adds a lot of depth to their roster. But I have myself thinking why would Lee want to play for the Warriors? That's the last team I would want to play for if I was a NBA player.

Supergirl
07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
much better deal for the Knicks than it is for GS or for David Lee.

fo'shizzle
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
FUCK! So even the Knicks FO don't have a clue if they have a shot at LeBron?

sribb43
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Looks like DLee will still be a great option for fantasy playing for Nellie

Steve Jobs
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Nice pickup! BTW, hold your phones correctly!

DDS4
07-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Geeebus H. Christ.

baseline bum
07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Great trade by New York, that adds a lot of depth to their roster. But I have myself thinking why would Lee want to play for the Warriors? That's the last team I would want to play for if I was a NBA player.

Because they're offering him $80 million?

jb4g
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM
great fans in Oakland.

cant think of anything else nice to say other than that.

Magdalena M
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Those three players combined make less than 10 million, so the Knicks still have room to sign another mid level free agent or two. They really need a point guard and word is they want Shaun Livingston.

Backcourt:
Livingston/Douglas
Azubuike/Chandler

Front:
Randolph/Gallinari/Walker
Amar'e /Ronny/Curry

JamStone
07-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I really gotta believe D'Antoni would go after a guy like Ridnour. Good shooter, can play his style, probably won't cost much. However, getting him to sign a contract to what they feel is reasonable might be a different story, because the Knicks may still want to keep a max salary slot available for next season for either Carmelo or Tony Parker.

boston.balla
07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
He's not anywhere near T-Mac's level of talent, so what's your point?

call me crazy but for a playoff run i'd rather have yao. A healthy yao is ABSOLUTELY unguardable and if refereed correctly will put people in foul trouble in a hurry.

Tmac got insane talent but a man of yao's size and skill set (mid range, ft, hooks , presence in the post, touch and speed.. he is insanely fast for his size) is just unique. I think people don't understand that yao is built for cups/olympics/playoff runs not for 80 games, cause if they would they'd understand how talented he is.

... in terms of pure talent i'd rate yao over tmac but keeping into account size and position.

boston.balla
07-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I really gotta believe D'Antoni would go after a guy like Ridnour. Good shooter, can play his style, probably won't cost much. However, getting him to sign a contract to what they feel is reasonable might be a different story, because the Knicks may still want to keep a max salary slot available for next season for either Carmelo or Tony Parker.

lol tony parker, cmon jam you're better than that. If the knicks don't get bron they'll go for melo/deron/cp3 (disgruntled star who wants out of a franchise not making the most of his prime)

Roddy Beaubois
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TDJVVL4SCyI/AAAAAAAAElc/ZX9Hd5H71L0/s400/01.jpg

07-08-2010, 05:46 PM
at least morrow wasn't included. a dumb trade nevertheless.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I was hoping they'd keep Wright, Udoh and Randolph while trading for Earl Clark and Yi Jian Lian so they could have a starting lineup made up of the same player :lol

Pistons < Spurs
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
chadfordinsider

David Lee has now agreed to a 6 year, $80 mil deal with the Warriors via a sign-and-trade with the Knicks. Link is coming ...