PDA

View Full Version : Durant Does it right.

panic giraffe
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai2VVznbsAT1D7HbertofEe8vLYF?slug=ap-thunder-durant

no press conference.

no miniseries.

no mixed signals.

no fucking bullshit.

just this is what i want, sign the extension.

too bad he is in the cesspool of the gene pool up there in oklahoma. kid has spur written all over him.

Gorilla Game
07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Durant = Everything that's good in the NBA.

spursfan1000
07-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Good for Durant.
Good for Thunder.
Good for oklahoma city

Everyone wins.

PM5K
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
That right there is your last seasons MVP.

jacobdrj
07-08-2010, 03:47 PM
That right there is your last seasons MVP.

Yep.

Zelophehad
07-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Durant = Everything that's good in the NBA.

:tu He needs some accutane though. This offseason would be the perfect time for a regimen. Maybe then his games would be more watchable next year.

ginobili's bald spot
07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
The only superstar in the NBA who isn't an ego maniac douchebag. He just stays humble and goes about his business.

Gorilla Game
07-08-2010, 03:52 PM
:tu He needs some accutane though. This offseason would be the perfect time for a regimen. Maybe then his games would be more watchable next year.

Yeah, puberty is a bitch.

dirk4mvp
kid has spur written all over him.

:lmao spur fans are full of themselves

Muser
The only superstar in the NBA who isn't an ego maniac douchebag. He just stays humble and goes about his business.

Dirk?

The Gemini Method
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Good for Durant.
Good for Thunder.
Good for oklahoma city

Everyone wins.

Not necessarily...

Gorilla Game
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Dirk?

Nash?

Roddy Beaubois
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM

+1 :lmao

Roddy Beaubois
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
KD did do it the right way.
The kid hasn't grown an ego yet, but that doesn't mean he wont in the future.

Findog
07-08-2010, 03:57 PM
As much as I hate that the ex-Sonics are in that town, it says a lot about Durant and his character that he is willing to commit to that franchise and city for the long haul when he knows it's not a happening destination for most free agents. Other players know he is going to be there...as opposed to worrying about getting stuck in Cleveland if LeBron bolts when his deal is up. Durant accepts the responsibility of committing to that franchise as an #1 option and trying to bring a championship to OKC. Gotta love Durant.

The Gemini Method
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Props to Durant for doing it w/o the need for some lame 1-hr special. I hope he stays this way and doesn't develop an ego...

panic giraffe
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM

humble.

doesn't care about market size.

family oriented.

hell even in shit like this http://thedirty.com/2010/07/vip-trash-with-kevin-durant/ the kid seems just all business.

just wants to get the job done and win.

if you don't think those are spurs ethics, then you haven't been following them for 20 years or more. they always trade/lose the flashy types(even the coaches), keep the guys who are team-first minded, and more importantly don't attract a lot of attention while keeping an eye on the prize. believe it or not teams build a character just as players do. the lakers have their history of showtime, spurs hard work, mavs being great during the reg season then choking. shit is without fail.

Kamnik
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Lebron is sucha douchebag he makes others look good for doing the normal/usual thing...

Roddy Beaubois
07-08-2010, 04:54 PM
lmao Panic Giraffe.

Greg Oden
07-08-2010, 05:18 PM
humble.

doesn't care about market size.

family oriented.

hell even in shit like this http://thedirty.com/2010/07/vip-trash-with-kevin-durant/ the kid seems just all business.

just wants to get the job done and win.

if you don't think those are spurs ethics, then you haven't been following them for 20 years or more. they always trade/lose the flashy types(even the coaches), keep the guys who are team-first minded, and more importantly don't attract a lot of attention while keeping an eye on the prize. believe it or not teams build a character just as players do. the lakers have their history of showtime, spurs hard work, mavs being great during the reg season then choking. shit is without fail.

:lmao

how big of a flamer are you?

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Good for Durant.
Good for Thunder.
Good for oklahoma city

Everyone wins.

Though Artest did unbuckle Durant's pants and put 'em on his ankles.

tee, hee.

j.dizzle
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Durant is a student of the game & loves nothing more then playing ball..His ass was on the sidelines at OKC's summer league game the other day cheering the players on hahaha. If he keeps playing like he does, then all the endorsements & attention will come to him. Hes pretty damn mature for only being like 21.

Kevin Durant 35
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Though Artest did unbuckle Durant's pants and put 'em on his ankles.

tee, hee.

Lakers are lucky Gasol made that tip in at the buzzer otherwise Lakers wouldnt have gotten out of 1st round.

The Gemini Method
07-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Lakers are lucky Gasol made that tip in at the buzzer otherwise Lakers wouldnt have gotten out of 1st round.

While I think the Thunder are going to be a great team, that is not a for certain thing. Winning game 7 @ Staples would've definitely been extremely difficult and I don't think the team from OKC would've been up to that task.

j.dizzle
07-08-2010, 05:54 PM
:lmao Keep telling yourself that son

jacobdrj
07-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I am a fan of Durant. There. I said it.

My Fault
07-08-2010, 06:04 PM
I followed Durant since his days at Texas and always wished there was a way he would've landed on the Spurs. He just wants to win and doesn't care for the media hype. One of my favorite players for that reason. He IMO is gonna take over not Lebron.

Zelophehad
07-08-2010, 07:30 PM
:lmao Keep telling yourself that son
Keep telling yourself the Lakers didn't barely escape the first round.