PDA

View Full Version : can we beat the new superteam

GabeIsGone
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM
so now that it's official that wade-bosh-lebron are joining up in miami, whats everyones opinion on if our team this year is up to the task of beating them.

Amarelooms
07-08-2010, 08:34 PM
son the Texas teams need to join together...send Tony and Duncan to Dallas dummy....we gotta take them down

:elephant

arodz
07-08-2010, 08:35 PM
There's such a thing as too much talent on one team. Remember the four hall of famers? Did they win a championship? Three top tier players and nine d-leaugers.

spectator
07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
focus switches from the big 3 to the supporting cast - it all depends; think that most free agents will want to cash out before the new CBA; look at the contracts thrown around. travis outlaw, gooden, darko, etc. they will only get the old, old, very old veterans who have nothing to gain but a championship. but if the big 3 get the max, no other veteran is going to compromise, but the old dudes / d-league players.

The_Worlds_finest
send players to mavericks? why so they can choke and be knocked off by a 7 seed?

objective
Nobody is beating that team.

mudyez
07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
they have 3 players (4 with beas)...thats not a team yet!

even to start you need at least 5 players!

ElNono
07-08-2010, 08:37 PM

This.

They're all young, on their prime...

8FOR!3
07-08-2010, 08:42 PM
As of right now, yes. 12 people make a team, not 3. And you don't know how they'll mold together. I can't hate Miami though, Dwyane Wade is deserving. He took the team on his back and won a title, he deserves the help he's getting...

Man In Black
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
That team hasn't won shit yet. And that style the US used that worked so well in the Olympics, doesn't translate to the NBA style of play.

They need to be able to know when to defer and when to dominate and it won't be easy for it to happen.

Ask the loaded 76'ers with Erving, McGinnis, Bibby, Collins, & Free how it felt to lose to a team oriented Portland Trailblazers.

That happens more often than not. No matter how hard the 4-letter hypes them as a super team...They, like LeBron, haven't done shit.

safetypickle
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM

current Laker roster can

spursfan1000
07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Spurs can't, but I believe Lakers or Bulls can.

ulosturedge
07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
There offense will be unquestioned, but where is the interior defense coming from. Bosh? There defense is going to be suspect to me. But leave it to Stern to get these guys to the finals next year lolol.

spectator
07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
bulls can beat them if they get a player like manu - they need a go to scorer at the shooting guard. right now, the spurs are better than the bulls.

objective
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
people clinging to this '3 players don't make a team' nonsense are merely slowly going through their Denial phase.

The Heat will have every decent vet throwing themselves at their feet to get their free rings.

It's over.

IknowU
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Spurs can beat anyone regardless of who is in the roster. They just need to be in form and follow Pop's instruction. /period Sit back and Relax

dbestpro
07-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Got a funny feeling that some how that team will have trouble against bigger teams. I think they still don't get past Orlando.

mudyez
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
hope shaq joins them for the min...just to get past kobe again...and even if its as the 12th guy :)

objective
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
The people thinking other teams could beat them if only they added this or that player have moved on into Bargaining.

BTW, for the people who don't think it could work . . . have you paused to think about the Foul disparity that will happen now? The Free Throw disparity? Lebron was already setting records for fewest fouls called against him and gets to routinely chop arms for his trademarked 'come from behind' blocks. And Wade gets murderous calls all the time.

If you thought the LakeShow Lakers got the advantage of calls in series like the Kings, you have no idea what's coming.

Thompson
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
As much money as there is being thrown around (even more now from Chicago, New York, New Jersey, etc.), a lot of the good or decent role players will have very large sums of money thrown at them. We have to wait and see what role players go to Miami. I think it depends on that.

spectator
heck, the jazz team from last year - when healthy - is better than this chicago team

Spurs Brazil
Burning the jersey :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

benefactor
They are just one injury away from being back with the pack. It's a long season.

Man In Black
07-08-2010, 08:51 PM
people clinging to this '3 players don't make a team' nonsense are merely slowly going through their Denial phase.

The Heat will have every decent vet throwing themselves at their feet to get their free rings.

It's over.
Be objective. Give me an Superstar team with at at least 3 All-NBA Level players in the same season that have won a title? There aren't any.

While both Manu & Tony have reached ALL-NBA status, it wasn't in the same year at the same time with Tim. Same goes for KG, Allen, & Pierce. It takes a team and even if there are vet mins out there, they need to be vet mins that fit well.

If ya want to crown them, then crown their ass!-Dennis Green

coyotes_geek
07-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Got a funny feeling that some how that team will have trouble against bigger teams. I think they still don't get past Orlando.

I agree, for this year and this year only. They need one more offseason, IMO, to fill out the roster and then they're going to take all.

mudyez
07-08-2010, 08:52 PM
cant wait to see the first miami game in cleveland...that will be mayhem!!!

be prepared lebron...you dont have a home anymore!

phxspurfan
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
They seem like a more talented Hawks squad right now. They don't have the size to play with the Lakers or Magic right now.

clubalien
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
i could see the spurs losing shaq to the heat

mudyez
07-08-2010, 08:54 PM
wait for the expression on pat rileys face, when someone tells him about the salary cap!

"BUT, we only have 4 players!...we cant play like that!"

mudyez
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
The good news:

Stoudamire doesnt even have a slight chance of winning any Championships in his life!!! :downspin:

Stump
07-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Given the unique circumstances (looming new CBA, roster of 3 max + 9 min players), I'm not sure what quality of supporting cast they can build. Above all else, they need a couple defensive centers badly.

If they can get some decent guys to form a 7 or 8 man rotation and avoid injuries, they're a top three team, if not the best. However, there is a good chance one of the three start to break down over the season, which would totally screw them.

objective
07-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Their roster might be allegedly thin for this year, but in the future they will have their exceptions and all the money in the world to pay full MLE every single year.

They will only get stronger in the future.

Spursfan 87
07-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Just play zone against them

UnWantedTheory
07-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Eh, this is not so good for basketball....Whatevs magooch. Its a long season.

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
:lol This is exactly what everybody said about Boston, word for word..

Lebron and Wade are the 2 best players in the NBA IMO(2 of 3 if you want to include Kobe) and Bosh is a top 5 big man..their perimeter offense AND defense is going to be disgusting, and those 3 guys alone will average 30 free throws or so a game..

It won't be difficult to surround them with a shooting wing, the difficult part will be the defensive C..if they get that, they're a lock..

Their big 3 is young and they're all in their prime, so you don't need massive production from the bench, just a few guys that will occasionally contribute..

Buddy Holly
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
There's such a thing as too much talent on one team. Remember the four hall of famers? Did they win a championship? Three top tier players and nine d-leaugers.

Two of those HOF were over the hill old. These three today are in their prime. Much different. :wow

jesterbobman
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, Patrick Beverly, Jarvis Varnado and Dexter Pittman. Somewhere between 4-12 on an NBA Team.

That said, They'll be in the final 4 at least.

Cane
07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Injuries can always play a factor especially for a team that lacks depth. Wade's got a history of that, James' elbow was acting up, and Bosh had a face fracture before the playoffs.

Man In Black
07-08-2010, 09:15 PM
This actually could have a backlash effect. What I mean is that since they're used to getting so many free throws as individuals, they won't get the same kind of love when they're on the same team. If you think about it, if they got that kind of love, that would mean that the opposition would already be deep into their bench due to foul trouble. It's not going to happen. As a hardcore fan of the Sixers team that Erving brought to the finals in his 1st season in Philly, I can tell you that the backlash effect happened then. I think the NBA would do it again.

barbacoataco
07-08-2010, 09:17 PM
The problem with the Spurs against Miami is that the Spurs don't have the perimeter defenders to match up Lebron and Wade at the same time (who does?) The Spurs really need a replacement for Bowen if they are going to have any chance.

objective
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
This actually could have a backlash effect. What I mean is that since they're used to getting so many free throws as individuals, they won't get the same kind of love when they're on the same team. If you think about it, if they got that kind of love, that would mean that the opposition would already be deep into their bench due to foul trouble. It's not going to happen. As a hardcore fan of the Sixers team that Erving brought to the finals in his 1st season in Philly, I can tell you that the backlash effect happened then. I think the NBA would do it again.

a backlash effect? :lol

and it's not just FTs. It's also fouls against. Lebron already doesn't get called for fouls at a historic rate.

Stump
07-08-2010, 09:20 PM
The problem with the Spurs against Miami is that the Spurs don't have the perimeter defenders to match up Lebron and Wade at the same time (who does?) The Spurs really need a replacement for Bowen if they are going to have any chance.
This is very very true. No chance of winning without perimeter defense.

On the flip side, Miami will likely have shaky interior defense. I wonder what they plan to do against Dwight Howard.

SpurCharger
07-08-2010, 09:31 PM
The Heat Have A decent Roster as Of now......... Lebron, Dwade, Bosh, Chalmers, Haslem, Beasley.... They will be ok.... As Long As They Can Get Another big man....

lotr1trekkie
07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
What freaking team? 3 super egos who knew they couldn't carry the load alone. Plus a SUPER EGO GM who will take over just like he did when Shaq came a calling.
1] The NBA is a 100 game grind. When the Miami Globetrotters come to town people will expect a show. Don't sit them down for half a game. At home the fans will expect as much for the $$$ they will be charging. Beasley sucks and Chalmers isn't as good as Hill.
2] For 81 games every team is going to come out and overextend themselves.The 3 Amigoes better put on iron jocks.
3] Coaches will be coming up with unique defenses. I would lean to forcing the Big3 to do most of the scoring[80pts/ game]. When the Heats second unit comes on teams will need to kick as and get the STARS back.
4] NO one cares in Toronto. However, in Cleveland the Heat's first visit will look like 1972 Munich OLympics with SWAT teams everywhere. A Cleveland reporter wrote today that ART Modell still can't visit Cleveland openly. For Lebron it's worse. He personally chose to leave. He screwed his home city for personal glory. Thanks for a MAN like David Robinson or SPurstalk wouldn't exist

barbacoataco
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=lotr1trekkie;4486527]What freaking team? 3 super egos who knew they couldn't carry the load alone.

Wade won a championship with a pretty weak team. He's a dominant player on the level of Kobe/Lebron.

phyzik
07-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Not worried about the Heat...

1. they are in the East.

2. 2004 Lakers.

3. Its a long season.

Stump
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
The Heat Have A decent Roster as Of now......... Lebron, Dwade, Bosh, Chalmers, Haslem, Beasley.... They will be ok.... As Long As They Can Get Another big man....
Beasley is being traded. I think they'll have to renounce their rights to Haslem to sign Bosh and James. If he comes back, it will be for a minimum contract.

coyotes_geek
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM

The heat are rumored to be on the verge of trading Beasley and I'm pretty darn sure that they're going to have to renounce their rights to Haslem to clear the cap space they need to bring in Bosh & Bron.

Jace
07-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Be honest, the Spurs' odds of winning the ring were already about 5%. Too old and too many injuries.

ChuckD
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
This is a direct challenge to David Stern. He doesn't like anyone attempting to game the NBA but himself. It will fail.

I expect them to come out of the gate well, but the strain of 3 guys continually having to play 40+ minutes to cover for 2 other NBAers and 8 minimum guys/dleaguers is going to crack this team like an egg.

Seventyniner
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
The heat are rumored to be on the verge of trading Beasley and I'm pretty darn sure that they're going to have to renounce their rights to Haslem to clear the cap space they need to bring in Bosh & Bron.

You're right about having to renounce Haslem. His cap hold is just over $10M. Even with the entire roster cleared except for Chalmers and Beasley, they can only offer something like $1M under the max to each one. If they can ship off Beasley for a small enough contract (or no salary at all), they can give out 3 maxes.

And I agree that the Heat will be huge the season after next; they'll have a full MLE and LLE to work with.

Would Shaq consider signing with the Heat for the minimum? lol

SouthTexasRancher
07-08-2010, 09:59 PM
so now that it's official that wade-bosh-lebron are joining up in miami, whats everyones opinion on if our team this year is up to the task of beating them.

That ain't no super team. Just a decent team with the world's biggest dickhead/asshole coward who realized he was not even close to Kobe, Tim and Shaq.

Class = Tim Duncan & David Robinson

NO class butthead = lebron james

ChuckD
07-08-2010, 10:00 PM

Yup.

The HEAT roster

LeBronze
DWhistle
Bosh
Chalmers
Beasley
minimum/d-leaguer
minimum/d-leaguer
minimum/d-leaguer
minimum/d-leaguer
minimum/d-leaguer
minimum/d-leaguer
minimum/d-leaguer
minimum/d-leaguer

I'm betting they trade Bosh for some decent parts before one year elapses.

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2010, 10:04 PM
so what are their wages?

all on the same principal? or is wade on 120/6, while bron n rapul 80-100/5?

lotr1trekkie
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
What freaking team? 3 super egos who knew they couldn't carry the load alone. Plus a SUPER EGO GM who will take over just like he did when Shaq came a calling.
1] The NBA is a 100 game grind. When the Miami Globetrotters come to town people will expect a show. Don't sit them down for half a game. At home the fans will expect as much for the $$$ they will be charging. Beasley sucks and Chalmers isn't as good as Hill.
2] For 81 games every team is going to come out and overextend themselves.The 3 Amigoes better put on iron jocks.
3] Coaches will be coming up with unique defenses. I would lean to forcing the Big3 to do most of the scoring[80pts/ game]. When the Heats second unit comes on teams will need to kick as and get the STARS back.
4] NO one cares in Toronto. However, in Cleveland the Heat's first visit will look like 1972 Munich OLympics with SWAT teams everywhere. A Cleveland reporter wrote today that ART Modell still can't visit Cleveland openly. For Lebron it's worse. He personally chose to leave. He screwed his home city for personal glory. Thanks for a MAN like David Robinson or SPurstalk wouldn't exist

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
hey at leasts rapul and beasley can be like the twins in the matrix reloaded, fkn braids faggots

SouthTexasRancher
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
ESPN & FOX Sports are reporting that Michael Finley has already asked Pat Riley to sign his sorry ass with the rest of the sorry asses down in drug city. Fin told Riley he alone could garrrrrontee the Heat a Championship.

smrattler
07-08-2010, 11:23 PM
son the Texas teams need to join together...send Tony and Duncan to Dallas dummy....we gotta take them down

:elephant

You don't want Manu?

smrattler
07-08-2010, 11:25 PM
hey at leasts rapul and beasley can be like the twins in the matrix reloaded, fkn braids faggots

Who the hell is Rupal?

rpduke
07-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Beasley to Twolves for 2nd rounder, per ESPN.

Kori Ellis
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM

The Spurs got swept by Phoenix. They aren't going to beat the superteam or the Lakers without some kind of changes. Splitter will help (if he actually comes). But he's not going to make them Championship caliber unless Tony is in 2009 form, Manu is Super Manu, and Duncan is... well Duncan, plus they get some players who can knock down outside shots in the postseason.

angelbelow
07-08-2010, 11:34 PM
I have faith, but we have to play perfectly with James Anderson playing above expectation and Tiago fitting in flawlessly...

clubalien
07-08-2010, 11:40 PM
The Spurs got swept by Phoenix. They aren't going to beat the superteam or the Lakers without some kind of changes. Splitter will help (if he actually comes). But he's not going to make them Championship caliber unless Tony is in 2009 form, Manu is Super Manu, and Duncan is... well Duncan, plus they get some players who can knock down outside shots in the postseason.

so basicly trade tony and tank the season :(

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2010, 11:45 PM
imo we just need that long 3...RJ is not the answer...

and a big who can play solid defense, rebs block shots

SenorSpur
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Can we beat the superteam?

No!

slick'81
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
as of now no and unless splitter and a little fa luck comes then no again

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-09-2010, 12:07 AM
That ain't no super team. Just a decent team with the world's biggest dickhead/asshole coward who realized he was not even close to Kobe, Tim and Shaq.

Class = Tim Duncan & David Robinson

NO class butthead = lebron james

:wow Ok man we get it already, are you like some secret Cleveland fan/resident?

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2010, 12:24 AM
if u cant beat then join them

duncan to announce end of next season his opting out from 20m remaining on his final year contract, and sign with the heat for MLE

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 12:42 AM
add Mike Miller to the Heat, he agreed to their offer

Obstructed_View
07-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Did they change the rules about how many basketballs they're allowed to use? I'll start to believe that all those egos can get along if they make it through contract negotiations without any sniping.

TheSpursFNRule
07-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Yeah that about seals Timmy's fate. He will not be getting that fifth ring. Sad but true my niggas.

T-Pain
07-09-2010, 12:48 AM
well add mike miller and subtract beasley

Quasar
07-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Look at Pistons vs 2004 Lakers... Now That was the definition of a super team to me!

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 12:59 AM
payton and malone at the end of their careers, on their last legs?

with kobe's ego, feuding with shaq and ignoring phil jackson...

not a good comparison

mabrignani
07-09-2010, 01:04 AM
a team with a good pg will beat the heat

Magdalena M
07-09-2010, 01:08 AM
It's going to be very interesting to see who signs there for the minimum. One free agent I thought of immediately was Ian Mahinmi.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2010, 01:36 AM
payton and malone at the end of their careers, on their last legs?

with kobe's ego, feuding with shaq and ignoring phil jackson...

not a good comparison

04 olympic team usa

well this time they have 82 games to gel

gilmor
07-09-2010, 01:44 AM

The best quote of the whole thread.

Add to Miami and Lakers, Spurs will have difficulties beating the Celtics and Magic.

Greg Oden
07-09-2010, 01:50 AM
:lmao spurfans are such delusion fucksticks for even entertaining this idea.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2010, 01:50 AM
imo once splitter signs that paper i dont care

then look for SFs like barnes and shit, the physical players who play defense who dont take shit from other players...

or

sign n trade RJ to bobcats for wallace + jax + chandler

cmon brown do us a favor

BobEX
07-09-2010, 02:05 AM
I think they can beat Miami in the regular season, but in the Finals, in June, at the end of the Playoffs? I'm not sure the FO can add the players necessary to get past the Lakers, and even then I'm not sure that the older players on the team would have enough gas to perform at a high level that far into the season. Too many years, too much mileage. The Spurs would have to see major upgrades at center, PF, and SF to even think about winning a 7 game series against Bosh/Wade/LeBron/Miller and whatever vets are going to sign for the minimum to have a shot at a ring.

07-09-2010, 02:08 AM
should worry about beating the lakers first.

Chillen
07-09-2010, 02:17 AM
The people thinking other teams could beat them if only they added this or that player have moved on into Bargaining.

BTW, for the people who don't think it could work . . . have you paused to think about the Foul disparity that will happen now? The Free Throw disparity? Lebron was already setting records for fewest fouls called against him and gets to routinely chop arms for his trademarked 'come from behind' blocks. And Wade gets murderous calls all the time.

If you thought the LakeShow Lakers got the advantage of calls in series like the Kings, you have no idea what's coming.

Yeah good point, they have the ability to win a basketball game at the free throw line alone which is incredible. All they need is a few solid role players and a few bigs and they are gonna be scary good and all of them are in their prime.

Chillen
07-09-2010, 02:18 AM

Lakers once again are still the defending NBA champions and the road to the NBA title goes through them in 2011. Assuming nobody in the West knocks the Lakers out, they should be in the NBA finals once again.

Will Miami be there, it looks good but lots can happen still. Boston, Chicago and Orlando still could beat them in a 7 game series, though Miami looks to be pretty good.

mudyez
07-09-2010, 02:45 AM

just what I thought!

I'd really like to have the problem playing the new superteam in the playoffs!

Spurs da champs
07-09-2010, 02:57 AM
All that team needs is shooters & they're unbeatable.

DrSteffo
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Of course it depends on the complete rosters of both teams which is unknown, but I guess they should be able to add a couple of decent role players and then they will be very tough to beat.

mudyez
07-09-2010, 03:11 AM
All that team needs is shooters & they're unbeatable.

and a center or two...especially when going up against the Lakers!

Shooters shouldnt be the problem...Center will be harder!

Obstructed_View
07-09-2010, 03:25 AM
If the Spurs are good enough to win the west, then I'd have to say they have a chance against anybody. If the team that got pounded the last two seasons in the playoffs shows up, then they'll be lucky to get out of the first round.

ace3g
07-09-2010, 03:32 AM
I love how everyone mentions how the "redeem" team played so well and that is why these 3 players will work well together, now I'm not saying they won't but the redeem team wasn't that great, Argentina without Manu got within 5-7 pts and same with Spain.

tp2021
07-09-2010, 03:43 AM
We have to beat the Lakers first.

Kamnik
07-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Kori said it...

007nites
07-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Lakers and Spurs should merge.

Parker
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Duncan

Bench

Ginobili
Odom
Bynum
Hill
D-Fish
McDyess
Jefferson
Brown
Blake
Blair

temujin
07-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Lakers still have Joey Crawford.

Bukefal
07-09-2010, 06:44 AM

Anything is possible.

Bruno
07-09-2010, 07:01 AM
I will wait to see how Miami will fill their roster before calling them great. If the Mike Miller rumor is true, it's a great addition for them. They need perimeter shooting to complement their big 3. They also have Chalmers who is decent and fit well with their team but they still have some big holes.

And, as other have said, it's not really Spurs problem for the moment. Spurs are far behind teams like Lakers. The FO will need to pull some kind of miracles in the coming days to turn this team into a legit contender.

sa_butta
07-09-2010, 07:05 AM
They will have no bench, I don't see how they expect to go deep...These guys are young but they will not play 48 everynight.

Chieflion
07-09-2010, 07:09 AM
I am sure that the Miami Heat will try to bring Joel Anthony back as a back-up big for the minimum. They also have guys like Pittman, Varnado, Da'Sean Butler, their 2nd round picks, so they should be able to fill their roster to some extent. Ring chasers, perhaps Brad Miller may go there, so their roster could pretty much be filled.

IknowU
07-09-2010, 07:42 AM
I wondeer if rafaer Alston will come beggin back. LOL

DrSteffo
07-09-2010, 07:49 AM
[quote=Chillen;4488385] Assuming nobody in the West knocks the Lakers out, they should be in the NBA finals once again.

This. :lol

rascal
07-09-2010, 08:43 AM

Can't compare. The 4 hall of famers were past their prime and they made it to the finals with that team.

rascal
07-09-2010, 08:44 AM
They will have no bench, I don't see how they expect to go deep...These guys are young but they will not play 48 everynight.

They will have a bench. Stop fooling yourself into believing otherwise.

lefty
07-09-2010, 08:47 AM
We are the San Antonio Heat

Cheddz
07-09-2010, 08:49 AM
i could see the spurs losing shaq to the heat

I wouldn't bet against Snaq going to Miami to get one or two more cheap rings...for vets minimum even.

silverblk mystix
07-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Look at Pistons vs 2004 Lakers... Now That was the definition of a super team to me!

YES it was...those PISTONS really were.

DrSteffo
07-09-2010, 09:57 AM

I loved that team as much as I disliked the Fakers.

hater
07-09-2010, 09:57 AM

:lmao :lmao

^ that's my opinion

hater
07-09-2010, 09:58 AM

so where can we find a young Rasheed to join our Spurs this season?

ohmwrecker
07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
They aren't even a team yet, there's still only one ball and these guys have to put egos aside and work together. It is a daunting proposition, but I think there are a handful of teams that can beat them. The Spurs being one of those teams.

bigfan
07-09-2010, 10:03 AM
The Miami "superteam" is going to have three "superegos" that have to be fed. It may work, it may not. Id rather have a good team.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2010, 10:03 AM
STERN IS Laughin at you clowns, his not going to stop the lakers from attempting a 3 peat against the heat...

guzmangm
07-09-2010, 10:06 AM

Yeah, but they still made it to the Finals that year and beat us on the way...

DrSteffo
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Funny thing is Suns fans called us Sterns last few years...i guess no more of that shit

ohmwrecker
07-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, but they still made it to the Finals that year and beat us on the way...

The good news is, The Heat can't beat us on the way to the finals!

pad300
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I will wait to see how Miami will fill their roster before calling them great. If the Mike Miller rumor is true, it's a great addition for them. They need perimeter shooting to complement their big 3. They also have Chalmers who is decent and fit well with their team but they still have some big holes.

And, as other have said, it's not really Spurs problem for the moment. Spurs are far behind teams like Lakers. The FO will need to pull some kind of miracles in the coming days to turn this team into a legit contender.

Not sure about that. If I was managing the heat, I would have much preferred to spend the money on a defensive big. I currently see the major weakness of this "super" team as post defense...

Jlowd21
07-09-2010, 10:46 AM
David Stern is gonna make sure there's a Kobe vs. Lebron championship for the next few years.. probably until Kobe calls it quits

mudyez
07-09-2010, 11:20 AM
you know these comparisons, where the positionmatchups are examined, then the bench and the coach?

it should look the same for MIA against every single team (maybe except the lakers)...winning SG,SF,PG and loosing the other 5!

not that it means something!

Jlowd21
07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
looks like they're getting mike miller too..

Snik
07-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, one thing is for sure, that is going to be a very interesting team to watch next season. Hats off to Riley for pulling it off.

Can we beat them? On any given night, sure. In a 7 game series? Not a chance with our present roster...even with Splitter. Baring significant injuries they will be the team to beat without a doubt. To think otherwise is simple denial.

narmerguy
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
If lebron took that scrubs Cleveland team to the 2nd round, dwyane took his pitiful team to the playoffs at all, and chris bosh...well, forget him...think about what the three can do together? Was Lebron's bench worth more than a bunch of veteran's minimums? The heat's bench? Their benches aren't going to be any better than what they're used to, only their starting unit is going to be insane.

Indeed, their coach does suck though and I think that Pat Riley would do better, though that would be wrong of him to steal this from Erik.

mudyez
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
If lebron took that scrubs Cleveland team to the 2nd round, dwyane took his pitiful team to the playoffs at all, and chris bosh...well, forget him...think about what the three can do together? Was Lebron's bench worth more than a bunch of veteran's minimums? The heat's bench? Their benches aren't going to be any better than what they're used to, only their starting unit is going to be insane.

Indeed, their coach does suck though and I think that Pat Riley would do better, though that would be wrong of him to steal this from Erik.

I'd say, that LeBrons exteammates (as mucha s I dislike the most of them) are better than what they will get in FA...Bosh's too and with Wade its a wash.

I think they will fill these hole with ok players and some of them might be better, than most think now. But LeBron compared it to the Boston situation 3 years ago, which is stupid...where is your Rondo or Perkins? It's not like nobody knew about them some years ago.

They might get very far with their team, but it will be interesting, if they get good enough players to e.g. counter LA's bigs or defend D12.

Will be an interesting year. But not as interesting as with LeBron in CLE or NY!

mountainballer
07-09-2010, 01:19 PM
looks like they're getting mike miller too..

if they do, its a big point for the Heat.
what I don't get: reportedly they offered about 5 years and 30 million to Miller.
how does this work? after the Beasley trade IMO they have about 3.4 million left to spend. (considering the cap holds for minimum players). that would be a 5 years /20 million contract at best.

However, IF they get Miller, they have a great option to get some rest for either LeBron and Wade and saving energy of the two stars for the PO will be the most serious issue for the Heat. sure they can win most games if they play them 42 minutes. but can they win a PO series when either has played 3400 minutes in the regular season? I say no.

and if Raja Bell decides to join them even for the vet min (several weeks ago he had announced that he wants to go to Miami), they don't look that thin in the back court anymore.

Chalmers
Wade - Bell
LeBron - Miller

if they find a decent backup PG for the min., the backcourt rotation looks deep enough. big holes in the FC still.

mathbzh
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I want to see them play.
On paper they have a "huge 3" but I want to see how they will work together.
IMO Wade and Lebron are too similar offensively and will limit each other impact.
Obviously, if they can develop some chemistry they will be a great team.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2010, 01:58 PM
the heat doesnt even really need a bench, the 3 will just play +40mpg...just like the dantoni suns run n gun team 6-7 man rotation only...

carib
07-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Did any one answer the question?

41times
07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Three Studs and a bunch of Duds.

m33p0
07-09-2010, 06:39 PM
unless they beat themselves first