PDA

View Full Version : shout out to Timmy and Manu

The_Worlds_finest
07-08-2010, 08:39 PM
thanks for not throwing us fans under the bus like the lebroom

Cane
07-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Hopefully they don't try and join the Heat for vet min contracts after their deals in SA are over....riding the bench with that core is going to be hard to turn down for anyone :stirpot:

thOOdee
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
for now u gotta add t-park.....but true...unselfish and loyal.....so much respect.

edgar
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Fuck Parker, the only thing I appreciate about him is that he didn't need to have a 1hr show on espn to tell us that he will be going to the New York Knicks in the summer of 2011. :toast

ploto
07-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Do you know how close Duncan came to bolting to Florida himself?

DesignatedT
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Do you know how close Duncan came to bolting to Florida himself?

did he go?

BadMotorscooter
07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm glad they didnt go too. But its a little different situation. Actually if you think about it, its because Boas and LeBron are in Miami. The reason Tim and Manu never left is because they had already won a championship with the Spurs and saw no upside to leaving. Same thats going down in Miami. Wade has already won a championship there and wasnt gonna leave. He just pulled in 2 guys that are looking for one. you think If LeBron had won a champions hip in Cleveland or Bosh in Toronto that they would have left? Not a chance. No way they would be in Miami right now.

alchemist
07-08-2010, 10:45 PM
did he go?
:toast

smrattler
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
How about a thanks to Mr. Robinson first for doing the right thing for this team and this city. He saved the Spurs from leaving first. Timmy did it the second time when his turn came up. Either of those guys makes a different move, we don't have multiple titles and we probably beat the Thunder to setup shop in OKC.

ajh18
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
This is not unlike what might have happened had Duncan, Hill, and McGrady all joined Orlando (and Hill had remained healthy).

DMX7
07-09-2010, 12:18 AM
LeBron is making a lot of people look honorable these days, except the people in Cleveland.

Stringer_Bell
07-09-2010, 01:05 AM
As much as a bum as Lebron is for quitting on his city, he did give props to the Spurs organization tonight as the kind of teams that win multiple championships. Timmy, Manu, and TP's loyalty has meant everything.

spurspokesman
07-09-2010, 01:58 AM
As much as a bum as Lebron is for quitting on his city, he did give props to the Spurs organization tonight as the kind of teams that win multiple championships. Timmy, Manu, and TP's loyalty has meant everything.

Here's to hoping tim retires a spur which in inevitable but some team on the cusp of a championship will definetely make a run at a 36 year old tim. My money says he retires a spur.

007nites
07-09-2010, 04:26 AM
I agree I think Timmy retires as a Spur. Even if he wants to play an additional season or two after his contract expires which I highly doubt unless he is still averaging good number he will most likely retire.

sa_butta
07-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Spurs franchise and Cleveland franchise are not comparible...
San Antonio is a one horse town, I think it would have been devistating to SA to lose Duncan. Everything is put into this team and I think that is one thing that lures a select few in.

Shank
07-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Agreed.

Props to Duncan for putting team above self in what he did in taking a pay cut to help the franchise. It's a rarity these days.

Duncan2177
07-09-2010, 01:12 PM
You people are some haters the guy plays basketball he doesnt write your paychecks. He had the opportunity to play with better players in a way better place why would anyone be mad at him for that? It's not like he won a championship with the cavs and he left and he wasn't going to win anything with the cavs and who do they have Jamison and Varejao where James would have Wade and Bosh LOL it's a no brainer, LeBron said he wanted to be in the best situation to win a title and playing with Wade and Bosh gives him that chance for sure.

austN Spur
07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
^ Isn't this thread about our thanks to duncan for staying? I havent read any james hate.
If Tim had decided to go to ORL that summer I can bet that he wouldnt have created a tv special in a neutral location for drama. he wouldve been in orlando

picnroll
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Kevin Durant interview:

Q: Please tell us your role model basketball wise.
A: My role model is Tim Duncan. I look at everything he’s done and I want something like that here in OKC.

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2010/07/09/questions-and-answers-with-durant/

DesignatedT
07-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Kevin Durant interview:

Q: Please tell us your role model basketball wise.
A: My role model is Tim Duncan. I look at everything he’s done and I want something like that here in OKC.

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2010/07/09/questions-and-answers-with-durant/

That's legit. Props to Durant for doing it the right way.