PDA

View Full Version : Can we officially put to bed the Lebron > Kobe debate?

DazedAndConfused
07-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't care how many points this guy scores, how many assists he makes, or how many championships he wins. He will never be on Kobe's level because when the time came to nut up and accept the challenge of being the main man to lead a franchise to victory he curled up and walked away from it.

A coward. Nothing more, nothing less. Lebron James is a coward.

spursfan1000
07-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Lock this thread.

QuietDynasty
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
you got to agree with him...he walked away from being the main attraction...who's team will the Heat be? Wades' or No Ring King James

midnightpulp
07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't care how many points this guy scores, how many assists he makes, or how many championships he wins. He will never be on Kobe's level because when the time came to nut up and accept the challenge of being the main man to lead a franchise to victory he curled up and walked away from it.

So if you were LBJ, you wouldn't walk away from Mo Williams or Jamison being your number 2 to Wade and Bosh being your number 2 and 3?

Sure.

If my memory serves, Kobe curled up and tried to walk away when the time came to "nut up."

sefant77
07-08-2010, 08:44 PM

Wasnt Kobe demanding a trade in 2008 after his great trade demands "Bynum+Kwame" for JO or Kidd were declined?

:rollin:rollin

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Kobe tried to leave the Lakers, why do people ignore this?..just because they forced him to stay, it doesn't mean he didn't openly try to leave..

ffadicted
100% agreed, LeKing is now LeWade'sBitch

kamikazi_player
wasnt kobe demanding a trade in 2008 after his great trade demands "bynum+kwame" for jo or kidd were declined?

+190

DazedAndConfused
07-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Lebron had many options.

Could have went to Chicago with Noah, Boozer, and Rose which would have been an amazing young nucleus of talent that he could lead. Could have went to New York too and paired up with Amare and possibly Tony Parker.

Like a coward, he chose the safe bet and went to Miami to play second fiddle to D-Wade.

Dr. Gonzo
The Lakers are Pau Gasol's team.

j.dizzle
LOL wow Lebron is one bitch made dude, having a huge conference to shit on his city like that hahaha damn thats cruel. I was watching on CNN & Cavfan started flippin off the camera lmao

sefant77
07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Buss is the Lakers MVP since 2008

07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
lebron never had pau gasol to cover up his chokefests.

cornbread
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Wasnt Kobe demanding a trade in 2008 after his great trade demands "Bynum+Kwame" for JO or Kidd were declined?

History's not important in the NBA Forum.

z0sa
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
LeBron's been > Kobe for a while now, I agree

hitmanyr2k
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM

Seriously? Because I remember Kobe crying on the radio changing his mind every hour like a little bitch with his "trade me", no I wanna stay, nah trade me" antics...and he was doing this shit DURING the playoffs :lol He's just as bad as Lebron.

scottspurs
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
1. Kobe was drafted by the Hornets
2. Kobe cried like a lil baby for a trade throwing teammates under the bus in the process
3. Whatever happened in Colorado

Dr. Gonzo
07-08-2010, 08:52 PM
f9FamHwZfvg

InK
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Drama.

DazedAndConfused
Just goes to show how pathetic the Kobe haters are.

For years all they would say is that Kobe had to ride Shaq's coattails to win a ring. He won two in a row and proved them dead wrong.

Now Lebron knowingly does the same thing when he had clear options to be the main man elsewhere and they are afraid to hand out the same criticism. Take the LBJ dick out of your mouth.

The Franchise

He is now the Robin on the team so, yeah the Rapist wins.

safetypickle
07-08-2010, 08:54 PM
fellow spurs fans, quit making yourself look dumb by downplaying kobe's skills. hate him b/c he is a laker, but don't downplay his talent.
and yes op, lebron will never reach jordan/kobe status in his career with this move

ulosturedge
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
I disagree. This dude got his own hour special called THE DECISION. Lebron is obviously > then Kobe.

lolol

Scola
Do you stupid Laker fans forget that if Kobe had his way he would be in Chicago?

f9FamHwZfvg

at 1:04 "I would like to be traded"

JamStone
Well LeBron in the next couple of years can foreseeably hold something over Kobe that critics dub Kobe with... greatest championship role player / second fiddle in the history of the NBA

Pero
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM

LMAO. Sounds just like Kobe to me.

JoeChalupa
07-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Will the new Lebron Jersey have coattails?

Jacob1983
07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Kobe never left his team in order to win a championship. Jordan didn't either. Just sayin'.

Smooth Criminal
07-08-2010, 09:09 PM
So if you were LBJ, you wouldn't walk away from Mo Williams or Jamison being your number 2 to Wade and Bosh being your number 2 and 3?

Sure.

If my memory serves, Kobe curled up and tried to walk away when the time came to "nut up."
No he should've gone to Chicago. Would've been the guy, and could still win many rings while keeping most of the credit. Would've been best for his legacy IMO

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Kobe never left his team in order to win a championship. Jordan didn't either. Just sayin'.

He tried hard to leave..

hitmanyr2k
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Any star in Lebron's position would have. Kobe tried his hardest to get the hell out. Even told kids to get Bulls jerseys for fuck sake :lol If Jerry West didn't hook his boy up with Gasol he was out of there.

Smooth Criminal
07-08-2010, 09:15 PM
The Lakers are Pau Gasol's team.
You heard it here first folks! Kobe just ridin the coattails he's supposed to ride:wakeup

Pero
07-08-2010, 09:22 PM

Charlotte says hi.

safetypickle
07-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Lebron canceled his dream of being the next Jordan and is now following a new dream of being the next Pippen.

DazedAndConfused
07-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Even if Kobe had left for Chicago he would have been the undisputed leader and main man of that team. So the comparison makes zero sense.

Lebron completely bitched out today. He basically said to the world, I'm not man enough to do this as the main star. He doesn't want the pressure or the responsibilities. And that is why he will never be MJ or Kobe.

Chillen
07-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I bet that Heat team is gonna watch alot of 03, 05, 07 championship Spurs footage. Depending on what supporting cast they have around them this Heat big 3 reminds me of Duncan=Bosh, Parker=Wade, Ginobili=James. The downside is Bosh is not as good as Duncan is or ever will be. Boston had a big 3 to but Allen is more of a shooter unlike Parker and Ginobili who take it to the basket as Wade and James are sure to do. Again it really all depends on who they surround them with, this has potential to be a dynasty if they get in solid role players.

Chillen
07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Even if Kobe had left for Chicago he would have been the undisputed leader and main man of that team. So the comparison makes zero sense.

Lebron completely bitched out today. He basically said to the world, I'm not man enough to do this as the main star. He doesn't want the pressure or the responsibilities. And that is why he will never be MJ or Kobe.

LeBron gave up in the Boston series in 2010, so is Kobe the better player, absolutely yes for right now and until James wants to be the man. He had his oppurtunity to be the man in Chicago or New York but he clearly must know he can't lead a team to an NBA title without help. Kobe is the better player right now but it's not like Kobe doesn't have solid talent around him in LA, he does.

I agree with your argument, Kobe led his team to a title as the man and not the goat.

tlongII
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
LeBron made the obvious, and correct move. Who wouldn't want to play in South Beach with all the beautiful women and two of his closest buds?

eyeh8u
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
lebron, wade, and bosh are all close friends, thats something kobe never had in the nba, a friend.

LakasRool4eva
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
lebron, wade, and bosh are all close friends, thats something kobe never had in the nba, a friend.
he got D-Fish..................& they both got 5 rings.............what does Lebron got????????????????

DazedAndConfused
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Kobe does not have many friends in the NBA that are a part of his inner circle. A part of me likes that though, he's truly the ultimate competitor.

All in all, this move will make the NBA interesting for years to come.

spectator
07-08-2010, 09:45 PM

hahahhahahhahaha

omg

what A HOMER!!!!!

remind me again how close koby was from leaving to chicago and how easily he would have bolted the next year if they had not brought gasol in that one-sided trade.

homer, pls!

DAF86
Lakers fans are finally going to accept that Lebron > Bryant?

monosylab1k
At this point we can put to bed any debate as to whether LeBron > Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell, Dr. J, Hakeem, or any other franchise player who got their team a title and didn't piggyback someone else to win one.

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 09:46 PM

I agree 100%. If he went anywhere but Miami his legacy could have remained intact. Going to Miami tarnishes everything he accomplishes there.

LakasRool4eva
07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Kobe does not have many friends in the NBA that are a part of his inner circle. A part of me likes that though, he's truly the ultimate competitor.
nobody is more competive.................Jordan didnt have friends either.......it just goes with da territory....................

Venti Quattro
07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/THELOSTBOYZ/MJSHADOW.png

Dr. Gonzo
07-08-2010, 10:12 PM
It's Jordan Farmar's team.

DAF86
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Kobe never left his team in order to win a championship.

He wanted to though.

eyeh8u
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM

All in all, this move will make the NBA interesting for years to come.

kobe has NO friends, not one nba player is his friend no even Fisher

nobody is more competive.................Jordan didnt have friends either.......it just goes with da territory....................

wade, lebron, and bosh will have friends and titles

LakasRool4eva
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
kobe has NO friends, not one nba player is his friend no even Fisher

wade, lebron, and bosh will have friends and titles
dont count da San Antonio Heats 'ships b4 they win em.................

himat
07-08-2010, 10:24 PM
If LeBron went anywhere else then this wouldn't be an issue. He would be the clear cut man on the team. Now don't get me wrong, LeBron will be the best player on the Heat but he wouldn't be the man on the Heat. Wade has been there since day 1 and has one a ring there.

Kobe's going to wipe the floor with those guys next year though guys...don't worry about it.