PDA

View Full Version : spurs postgame quotes?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-15-2005, 09:57 PM
anyone know what the team had to say about gm 4 in the postgame??

TDMGTP
05-15-2005, 10:08 PM
"we are bending over"
"we play with too much class and it would be out of our character to foul hard"

TDMGTP
05-15-2005, 10:10 PM
"we play nice"

"we have no respect for them" ----jerome james and by the way they are playin it sure seems like it

Kori Ellis
05-15-2005, 10:14 PM
I didn't see the postgame comments, but I'm sure the video will be up on NBA.com soon.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Video

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2005/pc_archive.html

Summers
05-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Man, they looked dejected in the locker room. Horry was the most optimistic: something about this just being a bump in the road and they'll regroup and come back home and win the next one.

Question about Pop's post-game at the podium: Is it productive for him to basically call out the whole team except for one player? I know they're grown men and theoretically above childish emotions, but they ARE human... Do you suppose something like that causes friction?

boutons
05-16-2005, 12:26 AM
"Is it productive for him to basically call out the whole team except for one player?... they're grown men"

Exactly, and they'r making more mone in one year that most people don't make in 10 years, so who's going to hold the to their contracts if not Pop? Tim? no way. Tim has it easy, he just plays basketball, and leave the leadership to somebody else.

I'm sure Pop wishes the team leader, who turned in an MVP game, would call out his teammates, even just in the locker room, but Pop, after so many years with Tim, knows Tim won't do it.

Remember, after the Game1 Denver loss, there was team meeting/encounter group, and then they won 4 straight.

Where TF did all that go?

So I have no problem with Pop calling them out, they deserve to be called out.

My read on sitting Tim so early in the 4th was that Pop thought Tim had turned in an MVP game, had carried the team, so fuck the rest of them, sit Tim and see if they guys can do something by themselves. They couldn't. Pop didn't care because the non-Tim players played like they didn't care.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-16-2005, 12:30 AM
thank you Kori!

Amuseddaysleeper
05-16-2005, 12:36 AM
damn pop is pissed! bu ti dont think he should be acting like an asshole to the reporters. maybe he's mad that when he tries to act funny not too many people find it amusing

Obstructed_View
05-16-2005, 12:40 AM
damn pop is pissed! bu ti dont think he should be acting like an asshole to the reporters. maybe he's mad that when he tries to act funny not too many people find it amusingPop always acts like an asshole to reporters. What did he do that was different? I ask because I don't have Real Player installed and I didn't see what he did.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2005, 12:43 AM
What did he do that was different?

Nothing much. He acts pretty much the same to reporters after wins and losses. He was a little more on edge, but no real difference.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-16-2005, 12:44 AM
yeah nothing that was different, he just seemed to be saying the "I dont know, ask them what they did, if i knew what was wrong it wouldnt have happend" answer to almost every question, but i guess u are right. not too much different from any other post game when the spurs lose

Obstructed_View
05-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Nothing much. He acts pretty much the same to reporters after wins and losses. He was a little more on edge, but no real difference.
I can understand why he was on edge. My wife is still mad at me for the things I yelled at the TV screen, I can't imagine what Pop felt like.

EasilyAmused
05-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Kori thanks for the link, by the time I changed to nbatv, it was over. :oops