PDA

View Full Version : can the nba save itself?

spectator
07-08-2010, 09:28 PM
just a quick thought - these 3 guys decided to screw the nba and get on the same team. also, this being the year when most free agents are getting ridiculous contracts b/c of the new CBA, the difference between teams is ridiculous. e.g. the pacers have granger / the heat have 3 players who are all in a higher class than he is.

thus, i pose the question, can the rest of the league save itself by paying EXTRA for those coveted veteran-minimum free agents, thus screwing the heat to play with scrubs and d-leaguers? it is the only way the rest of the league has a shot. if the heat get role players like tony allen, pj brown, etc like the celtics did in 2007, we can all say good bye to any hope of winning and start rooting for injuries. so, is this possible? and i am not hinting at getting 29 managers on the phone to start making offers - i am only talking about the natural way of doing business. teams with money will pay more because they have all the extra cap space that will disappear if they do not use it.