PDA

View Full Version : Did LeBron just seal his fate as never being GOAT?

picnroll
07-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Did LeBron just seal his fate as never being in the running for GOAT?

DesignatedT
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
yes

clubalien
07-08-2010, 09:41 PM
i didn't know what you meant by goat so i googled it.
to save others the trouble this is what he means
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Irish_Goat.jpg/220px-Irish_Goat.jpg

SpursTillTheEnd
07-08-2010, 09:41 PM
no mj always had good people around him best person lebron had was an old end of career shaq

Stump
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Yes, though it was a long shot at this point anyway.

InK
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Irish_Goat.jpg/220px-Irish_Goat.jpg

Then i vote no

spectator
07-08-2010, 09:49 PM
no - because even though heat is the home of wade, i bet lebron will emerge as alpha-dog

barbacoataco
07-08-2010, 09:49 PM
No. He is still very young and who knows what he will/will not achieve over the next 10 years.

As far as the GOAT thing goes. There are two points of view-
1. The fans like myself who saw Jordan play throughout his whole career.
2. The younger fans who didn't see him play, or only saw him play past his prime.

The #2 people sometimes talk about Kobe or Lebron. The #1 kind of people know better.

coyotes_geek
07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Of course he didn't. At the end of of the day jewelry trumps all and if Lebron ends up with a fist full of rings the only people who are going to give a shit over how he screwed over cleveland are cav fans.

Dro210
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Who cares..... He's gonna be winning championships with his friends now... MJ is forever the GOAT anyway

Jace
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Of course he didn't. At the end of of the day jewelry trumps all and if Lebron ends up with a fist full of rings the only people who are going to give a shit over how he screwed over cleveland are cav fans.

I disagree... It also matters how you got the rings, Lebron may end up with the rings but his stats won't ever be as good as they were in Cleveland and he will have to share credit with two other All Stars and in Wade a potential HOFamer

slick'81
07-08-2010, 09:56 PM
i say no everyone still knows what kind of player lebron is hey may not get all the individual accomplishments mvp's scoring titles etc but the gold is all lb cares about now anyway

Slinkyman
07-08-2010, 09:56 PM
GOAT? He isn't even the best player on his team.

Dro210
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I disagree... It also matters how you got the rings, Lebron may end up with the rings but his stats won't ever be as good as they were in Cleveland and he will have to share credit with two other All Stars and in Wade a potential HOFamer

I disagree with that.... Who says his stats won't be as good? He may not score 30, but he'll still be in the mid 20s, and I would bet he's closer to a triple double than ever next year.

picnroll
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
To me any chance he had is history. Jordan carried teams on his back with talent and force of will. He only played consistently with one all-star and he had to kick that guy, Pippen's, ass to get him to develop some cojones. He played with journeyman centers and point guards. LeBron can never be the undisputed man IMO.

bigfan
07-08-2010, 10:01 PM
What LeBron did tonight sealed his fate to be known as just another overpaid, over-pampered athelete. He had an opportunity to be a man, the man, for a whole city and state and he walked away so he could play with a couple of buddies and maybe win a ring. Even if he does win a ring, it wouldnt be near as sweet as maybe winning one with his hometown Cavs. He blew it tonight.

Slinkyman
07-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I disagree with that.... Who says his stats won't be as good? He may not score 30, but he'll still be in the mid 20s, and I would bet he's closer to a triple double than ever next year.

how's he gonna get 10 assists with Wade being the #1 option?

ElNono
07-08-2010, 10:04 PM
NBA Forum is over there ------------>>>>>

Dro210
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
What LeBron did tonight sealed his fate to be known as just another overpaid, over-pampered athelete. He had an opportunity to be a man, the man, for a whole city and state and he walked away so he could play with a couple of buddies and maybe win a ring. Even if he does win a ring, it wouldnt be near as sweet as maybe winning one with his hometown Cavs. He blew it tonight.

haha, what would you choose... a city that, as proved by tonight, will turn their back on you in an instant if you can't make them happy, and MAYBE one title in your future.... Or play with your true friends, have the time of your life, and have the opportunity to become a dynasty together?

Be real...

Dro210
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
how's he gonna get 10 assists with Wade being the #1 option?

Because Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh are gonna convert those assist chances at a higher rate than any previous LBJ teammate could even dream of.

Don't kid yourself, LeBron will have the ball in his hands a lot, and so will Dwayne.

ohmwrecker
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM
i didn't know what you meant by goat so i googled it.
to save others the trouble this is what he means

I very rarely lol. This is funny.

LeBron has the physical tools to be the goat (ie. horns and a beard), but there is no man as cold blooded as his Airness.

SpurCharger
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
no - because even though heat is the home of wade, i bet lebron will emerge as alpha-dog
Naw.... Dwade Emerged as The Man on The last Dream Team.. Being The leading scorer... I think People Under estimate dwade....

Trill Clinton
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
No, he never had a chance of taking the throne from MJ.

I do look forward to seeing the supporting cast the Miami cHeat put together.

ohmwrecker
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM
No, he never had a chance of taking the throne from MJ.

I do look forward to seeing the supporting cast the Miami cHeat put together.

You'll see Delonte West there for sure. Since he's fucking LeBron's mom and all.

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
goat?

this remind me of the story, the 3 billy goats crossing the bridge, underneath lives a troll

Trill Clinton
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
You'll see Delonte West there for sure. Since he's fucking LeBron's mom and all.

Makes sense for bron to want his step daddy around.

coyotes_geek
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM

Whether or not it plays out that way remains to be seen. But the question was whether or not Lebron just sealed his fate as never being GOAT and the answer is no. If Lebron emerges as the best player on the heat and ends up with 5 or 6 rings and 2 or 3 more MVP awards it's absolutely possible that he goes down at the GOAT.

07-08-2010, 10:39 PM
lebron is smarter than kobe to not try and chase the GOAT.

Sandman52
07-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Found this on a Cavs forum.

http://imgburst.com/up/kingrobin.jpg

safetypickle
07-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Yes, and if the Miami team meets up with the Lakers in next years final, and Kobe beats them, Lebron just helped Kobe's chances of becoming the GOAT.

TD 21
07-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes. In order to be Jordan's equal or superior, he had to do it the same way Jordan did it, only exceed it. Now, he can't be judged how Jordan was judged because the circumstances are difference and like it or not, he was always going to be judged that way. He can win 8 with the Heat, it's not going to matter. They'll always be the caveat or the asterisk that he joined the consensus third best player in the league's team and had to win with two other top fifteen players. If you just so happen to be on the same team as one of those players like Bryant, that's one thing, but to join them? That will always be a strike against him.

Even if they win an exorbitant amount of championships, he'll likely not win at least a few of those Finals MVP's. Even regular season MVP's will slow down likely, because he'll split votes with one of his teammates. If he had a shot at the all-time scoring record before, he probably doesn't now, etc. This really does change everything.

Dave McNulla
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
To me any chance he had is history. Jordan carried teams on his back with talent and force of will. He only played consistently with one all-star and he had to kick that guy, Pippen's, ass to get him to develop some cojones. He played with journeyman centers and point guards. LeBron can never be the undisputed man IMO.

i'm with you on this one. lebron is like moses malone now. couldn't do it until he joined an all-star team... assuming lebron does it.

smrattler
07-08-2010, 11:42 PM
I say yes.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2010, 12:04 AM
why is there a difference on how he wins titles compared to

birds celtics = that was stacked team
magic = stacked lakers team...

Whisky Dog
07-09-2010, 07:41 AM
He wasn't going to be anyway, he just wasn't good enough to carry his own team so now he's going to join an alpha player who did lead his own team to a title. Wade almost single handedly brought back Miami from that '06 Finals hole to win the title while LeShame just quit on his team against the C's.

Now he's just a role player on a superstar's team.

Whisky Dog
07-09-2010, 07:42 AM
why is there a difference on how he wins titles compared to

birds celtics = that was stacked team
magic = stacked lakers team...

Neither Bird nor Magic are close to being the greatest of all time. But at least they were the top dogs on their own teams. This cat is Wade's bitch now.

sa_butta
07-09-2010, 08:03 AM
I think he is still young, at this point MJ is still the GOAT, but
Lebron is not out of the equation completely.

ffadicted
07-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Short Answer: yes

Long Answer: fuck yes

Mr. Peabody
07-09-2010, 08:32 AM
This is ridiculous. Everyone is incensed now. However, if he wins multiple championships, the media will anoint him and the sheep will follow.

CaptainLate
07-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Did LeBron just seal his fate as never being in the running for GOAT?

Q: When the worms and maggots are eating away at his body in the grave, do you really think he'll give a damn what people think about him?

A: No.

Stop taking this crap so seriously and get a life people. Society is crumbling while y'all are kept zombied :wow with bread and circuses. How easily duped are the sheeple. :(

tmtcsc
07-09-2010, 08:58 AM
He's already a GOAT in Cleveland. Yeah, yeah...I know what you mean.

He's a phenomenal talent but he's not MJ or Kobe. Those guys were born with more competitive juice than Lebron will ever have. It's science (Anchorman reference).

tmtcsc
07-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Society is crumbling while y'all are kept zombied :wow with bread and circuses. How easily duped are the sheeple. :(

Huh ? What happened. What'd I miss ? Turn off the TV, dude and stop watching the news. Its a giant commercial for Anti-Depression meds.

CosmicCowboy
07-09-2010, 09:05 AM
He's already blown that possibility by disappearing in the playoffs when the pressure was on. Shit, he blew a 2-1 lead on the Celtics.

PM5K
07-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Yup, he sealed his fate. I mean think about it, how much was hanging over Kobe because he hadn't won a ring without Shaq? So Lebron will have it hanging over him that he only (if he does) was able to win rings with Wade and Bosh, that's an even bigger cloud hanging over his head, and if Kobe wasn't in the GOAT discussions until he won without Shaq, then Lebron will never be in them.

There's a reason Jordan is GOAT and Bill Russell isn't even though Bill has more rings, it's not just about how many you have, it's about how you go about winning them.

Which reminds me, it's not about who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

Spurminator
07-09-2010, 09:19 AM
I don't know, but I'll never see another picnic blanket without thinking of him.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2010, 09:23 AM
dont think he be goat, but he can be the next magic if he plays pg and start avg +15 apg

BlairForceDejuan
07-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Too bad ESPN is the one who writes history. Kids 100 years from now will only know him as The Man who saved Mickey Mouse and the rest of the world single-handedly.

MoSpur
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
LeBron is still very young and has a lot of time left to MAYBE emerge as the GOAT. I doubt it though. MJ to me is the GOAT. Right now Kobe and even D Wade are better than LeBron, which to me is why he left Cleveland. He doesn't want the pressure like he had in Cleveland. He can't handle it. We all WITNESSED that in the series against Boston this year. Guys like D Wade, Kobe, and Manu love the pressure. They can handle the pressure. If they take the last shot and miss they can take the criticism. LeBron can't right now. Who knows if he can later????