PDA

View Full Version : Are there ANY Laker fans that live in LA on ST?

4>0rings
07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Culburn is an Arizona native, Kilakobe's address is in Texas, stinky pigers is in... well Pakistan.

So are there any Laker fans that aren't bandwagoners???

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:28 PM
ha, ha, The San Antonio Heat were born tonite in Greenwich, CT.

You damn tanger, you.

Ashy Larry
07-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I live in Los Angeles County ...... 15 miles Southeast of Downtown

DMX7
07-08-2010, 10:33 PM
I live in Los Angeles County ...... 15 miles Southeast of Downtown

Where is that? The Watts area?

eyeh8u
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Iron lives in LA

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
I live with Luva vicariously, if that is of merit.

4>0rings
07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I live with Luva vicariously, if that is of merit.
Not when he lives in Pakistan you dolt.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:39 PM
You San Antonio Heat, you.

Medvedenko
07-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Who gives a shit where you live....how does that determine what team you can root for.

DMX7
Not when he lives in Pakistan you dolt.

lol "dolt". Are you from the 18th century?

SomeCallMeTim
Culburn is an Arizona native, Kilakobe's address is in Texas, stinky pigers is in... well Pakistan.

So are there any Laker fans that aren't bandwagoners???

Riverside.

Most Laker fans here are from SoCal BTW.

GooberNuts
07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I live in SoCal and root for the Spurs. so....

j.dizzle
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Born, raised & will never leave hahaha.

PGDynasty24
07-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I live in orange county and am a Lakers fan

redzero
Let's not call Lakers fans bandwagoners, Spurs fans. There are quite a few Spurs fans on here who have never stepped foot in San Antonio.

Hell, I bet I've seen more Spurs games in person than some "fans" on here.

NRHector
ha, ha, The San Antonio Heat were born tonite in Greenwich, CT.

You damn tanger, you.ha ha The Phoenix Lakers feeling the fear

midnightpulp
07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Live in SoCal and root for the Spurs as well.

Could never bring myself to the root for that Purple 'n Piss sideshow. Besides, they're LA's second team, the JV professional sports team out here. The Lakers are usually an afterthought to the Dodgers, even though So Cal sports fan, being the bandwagoning fuck he is, will tell you differently.

But in '88 when the Dodgers won the World Series, no one out here gave a fuck about the Lakers little repeat.

eyeh8u
07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
How does it feel that all this NBA action is going on while the Spurs sit pat? The biggest free agency of all time and the Spurs are stuck in neutral. To top it off, we got the fucking title. Back2Back bitch!!!:lobt::lobt:

Wish i got Blake

eyeh8u
07-08-2010, 10:48 PM

Could never bring myself to the root for that Purple 'n Piss sideshow. Besides, they're LA's second team, the JV professional sports team out here. The Lakers are usually an afterthought to the Dodgers, even though So Cal sports fan, being the bandwagoning fuck he is, will tell you differently.

But in '88 when the Dodgers won the World Series, no one out here gave a fuck about the Lakers little repeat.

come on dude i live in LA too and lakers aren't second fiddle to dodgers here, in LA if one team is winning a championship that is the new hotness, since Gasol this has been a Lakers town,

midnightpulp
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
come on dude i live in LA too and lakers aren't second fiddle to dodgers here, in LA if one team is winning a championship that is the new hotness, since Gasol this has been a Lakers town,

Historically speaking, Los Angeles has been Dodger town.

Ashy Larry
07-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Where is that? The Watts area?

lol .... naw, even though I grew up not too far from Watts ..... I live near the city of Cerritos which is close to Long Beach

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 10:52 PM
ha ha The Phoenix Lakers feeling the fear

lmemulatedao!!!

redzero
07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
lmemulatedao!!!

That might be so, but calling Spurs fans out for getting on bandwagons is very hypocritical for a guy who has never lived in Los Angles yet calls himself a Lakers fan.

NRHector
07-08-2010, 10:55 PM
lmemulatedao!!!:blah

eyeh8u
07-08-2010, 10:55 PM

historically speaking maybe, but not right now, right now 1 out of 3 cars has 1 mexico flag and 1 lakers flag on it

Mugen
07-08-2010, 10:56 PM

not for the piggers it aint.

NRHector
07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
historically speaking maybe, but not right now, right now 1 out of 3 cars has 1 mexico flag and 1 lakers flag on itthat's only 2 out of 3 where's the other 1?

eyeh8u
07-08-2010, 11:00 PM
that's only 2 out of 3 where's the other 1?

no 1 car has 2 flags, one flag is a mexico flag the other is a lakers flag, the other 2 cars dont have any flags

cobbler
07-08-2010, 11:03 PM

Complete rubbish.

Hasn't been so since the O'Malleys sold the Dodgers. Been a Laker town ever since.

midnightpulp
07-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Complete rubbish.

No one gave a shit about those Purple 'n Piss faires in the 50s (not even in LA, yet), 60s (always losing to the Celtics), and 70s (one gimpy title for the Lakers, while the Dodgers renewed their rivalry with the Yankees). It wasn't until the 80s when LA fans suddenly became "passionate" about the Lakers, and even then, Gibson's homer completely overshadowed the whole Showtime era.

If the Dodgers ever manage to become a force again, the Lakers will once again assume their role as LA's number 2 professional sports franchise.

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
20 years in Long Beach, 3 years in Corona...Lakers fan since 1987 when i moved to the States.

EIC
07-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I live in SoCal and root for the Spurs. so....

Me too. We're the anti-bandwagoners.

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 11:19 PM

This is some industrial-grade fertilizer you're spreading here.

LA is a Lakers town first by any measure.

midnightpulp
07-08-2010, 11:24 PM
This is some industrial-grade fertilizer you're spreading here.

LA is a Lakers town first by any measure.

They've been "LA's team" for all of ten years, since the 3 peat. Of course the bandwagoners out here will consider the more recently successful franchise "their" team.

If you're at any all objective and over the age of 20, you know that the Dodgers have always been the number one attraction in LA since their 1959 arrival (sans the last ten years).

TheMACHINE
07-08-2010, 11:30 PM
They've been "LA's team" for all of ten years, since the 3 peat. Of course the bandwagoners out here will consider the more recently successful franchise "their" team.

If you're at any all objective and over the age of 20, you know that the Dodgers have always been the number one attraction in LA since their 1959 arrival (sans the last ten years).

haha...i think your actually fucking serious when you type this shit.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM

He's flailing.

He thought he'd get relief tonite via the James announcement. He shoulda known better.

midnightpulp
07-08-2010, 11:36 PM

Prove to me otherwise "I moved to LA in 1987 from a foreign country" Lakers fan.

Like it or not, basketball was nowhere near as popular as baseball in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, and a Dodger championship was always considered a greater accomplishment than a Lakers championship. Just because the Lakers have had more relative success in their sport (a sport that's much easier to win in) doesn't mean they're "LA's team."

The Celtics, with all of their championships, have always been the second fiddle to the Sox, and up until the 3 peat, the Lakers were second fiddle to the Dodgers.

I agree it's been "Laker town" since 2000, but that's because So Cal fans are bandwagoning idiots with short memories.

Mugen
07-08-2010, 11:46 PM
20 years in Long Beach, 3 years in Corona...Lakers fan since 1987 when i moved to the States.

i would have guessed Westminster

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 11:47 PM

1) Your premise is dubious at best

2) Even accepting your premise at face value, you've now gone from "Lakers are LA's JV team" to "Lakers are LA's team for the last 10 years" in the span of a couple posts

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Prove to me otherwise "I moved to LA in 1987 from a foreign country" Lakers fan.

Like it or not, basketball was nowhere near as popular as baseball in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, and a Dodger championship was always considered a greater accomplishment than a Lakers championship. Just because the Lakers have had more relative success in their sport (a sport that's much easier to win in) doesn't mean they're "LA's team."

The Celtics, with all of their championships, have always been the second fiddle to the Sox, and up until the 3 peat, the Lakers were second fiddle to the Dodgers.

I agree it's been "Laker town" since 2000, but that's because So Cal fans are bandwagoning idiots with short memories.

Pray tell, how is it "much easier" to win in the NBA than MLB?

Mugen
07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
to be fair, it was a Sparks town for a couple years before Kobe cried for help.

midnightpulp
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
He's flailing.

He thought he'd get relief tonite via the James announcement. He shoulda known better.

What do you know about LA sports "I was born in Ohio, live in Arizona, never been to LA" Lakers fan?

Given your age, you should know that professional basketball, for much of its history, was always a second tier sport in America, so if a city had their baseball team win a World Series and their basketball team win an NBA Championship, the World Series victory was always considered the "greater" accomplishment.

The NBA was on tape delay up until Magic and Bird saved it, and even then, the NBA wasn't as popular as baseball. Wasn't until Jordan that basketball became a commercial force.

And the only reason the Lakers are "LA's team" is because they've won titles in the post-Jordan era while the Dodgers have been merely above average. Such is the loyalty of bandwagon So Cal sports fan.

The Red Sox could go 0-162 and the Celtics 82-0, and Boston would still be Red Sox town.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:55 PM
What do you know about LA sports "I was born in Ohio, live in Arizona, never been to LA" Lakers fan?

Given your age, you should know that professional basketball, for much of its history, was always a second tier sport in America, so if a city had their baseball team win a World Series and their basketball team win an NBA Championship, the World Series victory was always considered the "greater" accomplishment.

The NBA was on tape delay up until Magic and Bird saved it, and even then, the NBA wasn't as popular as baseball. Wasn't until Jordan that basketball became a commercial force.

And the only reason the Lakers are "LA's team" is because they've won titles in the post-Jordan era while the Dodgers have been merely above average. Such is the loyalty of bandwagon So Cal sports fan.

The Red Sox could go 0-162 and the Celtics 82-0, and Boston would still be Red Sox town.

Yer still flailing. You'll flail till at least next June. And if nobody close us out then, you'll flail another 12 months.

Let us proceed...

NRHector
07-08-2010, 11:56 PM

The Red Sox could go 0-162 and the Celtics 82-0, and Boston would still be Red Sox town.testify pulp testify :lol

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:56 PM
testify pulp testify :lol

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

midnightpulp
07-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Pray tell, how is it "much easier" to win in the NBA than MLB?

Before the institution of the Wild Card, you had to be one of the top two teams in your respective league if you wanted a chance at playing in the World Series, and before that, you had to win the season outright. No coasting during the regular season, like the 02 Lakers, or hoping another team knocks out your toughest matchup, like the Warriors beating 07 Mavs, allowing the Spurs a much easier road to the Finals. You had to be in top form for the entire duration of a season, which is much harder to do than win 50-55 games, get into the playoffs, and turn it up.

It's also much more difficult to build 20-30 man roster than to build a 12 man one. One player can change the fortunes of an NBA team, not in Baseball, which calls for more sophisticated roster building. Not to mention the unpredictability of how high draft picks will turn out.

Granted, Baseball has a very soft cap, but throwing around money doesn't always guarantee a title. Steinbrenner has spent more money than anyone else and has only managed to win one Championship in the last 10 years.

Baseball is the second most difficult sport to win in behind pro football. Many people with more sports acumen than I have acknowledged this.

SomeCallMeTim
07-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Before the institution of the Wild Card, you had to be one of the top two teams in your respective league if you wanted a chance at playing in the World Series, and before that, you had to win the season outright. No coasting during the regular season, like the 02 Lakers, or hoping another team knocks out your toughest matchup, like the Warriors beating 07 Mavs, allowing the Spurs a much easier road to the Finals. You had to be in top form for the entire duration of a season, which is much harder to do than win 50-55 games, get into the playoffs, and turn it up.

It's also much more difficult to build 20-30 man roster than to build a 12 man one. One player can change the fortunes of an NBA team, not in Baseball, which calls for more sophisticated roster building. Not to mention the unpredictability of how high draft picks will turn out.

Granted, Baseball has a very soft cap, but throwing around money doesn't always guarantee a title. Steinbrenner has spent more money than anyone else and has only managed to win one Championship in the last 10 years.

Baseball is the second most difficult sport to win in behind pro football. Many people with more sports acumen than I have acknowledged this.

OK. You make some reasonable arguments and I actually agree with most of them.

However, I will point out that while in the last 11 years the Lakers have 5 titles to the Yankees' one... but Lakers have exactly as many titles in the last 15 years as the Yankees. And each made the playoffs 14 of those 15 seasons. That is tops in all of pro sports. Can't be any more evenly matched than that.

Where we disagree is that it is somehow "much easier" to win in the NBA. I think the harder cap makes for a much more even distribution of wins since teams can't literally outspend another 8 to 1 in acquiring talent.

Baseball is a more random sport by its nature and that is mostly what has kept the Yankees from winning more titles IMO. but that seems to me to be comparing apples to oranges, like saying that it's obviously much more difficult to be an elite hitter than an elite shooter since elite hitters are successful 40% of the time while elite shooters are successful more than 50%.

Jloyola
07-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Lives in the OC ...

TheMACHINE
07-09-2010, 12:56 AM
i would have guessed Westminster

if i was vietnamese.

Chucho
07-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Born, raised & will never leave hahaha.
I lived in San Antonio for the first 25 1/2 years of my life and just moved to Modesto back in December. Having driven and visited much of Cali, including through L.A, fuck was it ever disappointing. Orange County was all that, but LA county itself is a fucking toilet. It's like the worst part of San Antonio's west side multiplied by a thousand and the smog...fuck maybe every Pedro is sitting in his ranfla hitting the accelerator. Yuck. At least Norte Cal is nice and has 95% less smog than the devil's country.

That being said, fuck the Lakers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Who gives a shit where you live....how does that determine what team you can root for.

lol Lakerfan in Canada butthurt about it

midnightpulp
07-09-2010, 01:42 AM
lol Lakerfan in Canada butthurt about it

Lol.

lefty
07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Luva lives in Pakistan