PDA

View Full Version : Parker

Dingle Barry
05-15-2005, 10:25 PM
How in the fuck can this kid do this to our team again this year? All regular season he uses his speed to fly around and into the paint. This is what drives our entire offense. Then, playoffs come and he just dances around the perimeter, maybe showing a gratuitous drive and turnover or two.

Are teams just now figuring out how to stop Parker's dribble penetration? Are they doing something that no one tried during the regular season? Has Seattle drawn a blueprint for how to stop the Spurs offense or just using the one LA drafted last year?

Why isn't Pop/Carlesimo more on his ass about this? Why not tell him to get his little ass in the paint no matter what happens? A charge? OK, fine. Turnover, sucks but alright. Just drive to the FUCKING RIM you fast little bastard because our offense sucks impure ass otherwise, outside of Tim the African Jesus Duncan.

T Park
05-15-2005, 10:27 PM
when you stop running pick and rolls, and stop running him through screens opening up the offense, yeah thats gonna happen.

Hes also gone away from the tear drop and gone away from the mid range jumper.

Same with Ginobili.

SPARKY
05-15-2005, 10:28 PM
He seemed a little tentative tonight but he definitely wasn't getting much love from the whistles.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2005, 10:28 PM
He wasn't even trying to penetrate tonight and it was pissing me off.

Worse than that though LUKE RIDNOUR scored 15 points in the third quarter.
HOW CAN THEY LET HIM (AND AD) KILL THEM!? I understand that Bowen can't contain Ray Allen all the time and that Ray got him this game. I also understand that everyone else is bitching about the Spurs offense right now -- and yes the execution was horrendous. But I really, really can't get over Ridnour and AD owning the Spurs.

SPARKY
05-15-2005, 10:30 PM
when you stop running pick and rolls, and stop running him through screens opening up the offense, yeah thats gonna happen.

Hes also gone away from the tear drop and gone away from the mid range jumper.

Same with Ginobili.

It's kind of hard to run screen rolls with Nazr.

Dingle Barry
05-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Ridnour was hitting bullshit shots and doing his best Iverson impression for the most part. Best albino player ever.

Antonio Daniels' existence continues to piss me off.

T Park
05-15-2005, 10:32 PM
t's kind of hard to run screen rolls with Nazr.

yeah if only we had Rose and his "automatic" jump shot.

SPARKY
05-15-2005, 10:33 PM
He wasn't even trying to penetrate tonight and it was pissing me off.

Worse than that though LUKE RIDNOUR scored 15 points in the third quarter.
HOW CAN THEY LET HIM (AND AD) KILL THEM!? I understand that Bowen can't contain Ray Allen all the time and that Ray got him this game. I also understand that everyone else is bitching about the Spurs offense right now -- and yes the execution was horrendous. But I really, really can't get over Ridnour and AD owning the Spurs.

AD and Ridnour were able to get off their floaters before a big stepped up to challenge them when they were coming off screens. Also, they were hitting over the top of the screens as well when the defender went under. Spurs need to get more help from the weakside bigman defender. Spurs went into this game with the goal of owning the glass on the defensive end and it showed.

SPARKY
05-15-2005, 10:34 PM
yeah if only we had Rose and his "automatic" jump shot.

Better that than a nonexistent one.

Dingle Barry
05-15-2005, 10:34 PM
You bitches better not turn my Parker bashing thread into a Malik suckfest

T Park
05-15-2005, 10:35 PM
lol Rose's is nonexistent too bonehead. give me a fuckin break/

SPARKY
I'll do what I fucking want you little cocksucker.

Dingle Barry
That's intelligent

Obstructed_View
05-15-2005, 10:36 PM
The Spurs just can't figure out the pick and roll. It's amazing that they make these players look like Stockton and Malone. They didn't rotate in the last game and now they over commit and let the guards tear them up. This doesn't look like the best defensive team in the league to me.

Couple that with the fact that Tony and Manu are completely terrified to go to the hole and their fate is sealed.

Yuck.

SPARKY
05-15-2005, 10:36 PM
lol Rose's is nonexistent too bonehead. give me a fuckin break/

Compared to Nazr, Rose is Steve Fucking Kerr.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2005, 10:39 PM
The problem with the pick and roll defense is that Pop is trying to attack it within the constraints of his stupid system.

But therein lies the problem, the middle pick and roll is run outside the constraints of that defense, there's no way to force anyone baseline because both the guard and post player involved are rolling to the bucket from straight on, and not from an angle.

Pop needs to think outside the box on defending this, but I'm not sure he's capable.

Hell, if nothing else why not run it on Seattle? If they figure it out, copy what they do.

T Park
05-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Id like to know why we havent run 1 bit of fuckin ZONE defense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2005, 10:56 PM
We do run the zone, sort of, with Pop's system.

As for Seattle in general, the zone is dangerous.

1. Allen would probably get free more often (a bad thing).
2. we're already getting killed on the offensive glass.

Both don't tend to lend themselves well to zone defense. I gues you could get away with a box and one on Allen, but that's still iffy.

T Park
05-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Our defense is pretty much fucked.

As is this series.

Ive damn near officially had it with this team.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2005, 10:58 PM
we're already getting killed on the offensive glass.

I'm not bagging on Nazr, but what happened to his rebounding?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2005, 11:01 PM
I hate to use the injury bug, but it really looks like he just can't jump worth anything right now. When he's on the bench he's icing that calf.

Just a guess though, who knows.

timvp
05-15-2005, 11:07 PM
:lmao

Yeah, Nazr is injured. :rolleyes

What a Nazr homer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2005, 11:08 PM
So are you saying the icepack on his calf is some kind of grand Spurs misinformation campaign?

I didn't blame it on that, just offering up a suggestion.

I don't care about his rebounding at the moment, I just want to see him put Antonio and Luke on their asses.

SPARKY
05-15-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure what Nazr's imaginary injury might be but Rasho certainly has a flaming case of Losthis Ballsacis

timvp
05-15-2005, 11:09 PM
A bruised calf is nothing. It doesn't effect him once he gets on the court. He ices just to make sure it doesn't swell when he's on the bench.

TDMGTP
05-15-2005, 11:11 PM
plus he hasnt gotten consistant minutes, they had a nice run at the beginning of the 3qtr but then pop went to horry. at that time it was tied or close.