PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert not finished, he's still going at it.

BullsDynasty
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Gilbert just said that James quit on the Cavs in the 2nd round series and has been covered up too long

CAVS WKNR

Chr!s Childs
07-08-2010, 11:19 PM
he's just mad...that's all. I'm glad lebron left now you can see people true feelings

ducks
07-08-2010, 11:20 PM
he knew that already but was afraid to call him out because he left
everybody knew he quit
he is a losser

MiamiHeat
07-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Cleveland just showing why they have the curse and why they are such a horrible town.

I mean, this is such a great way to make people feel sorry for you and make LeBron feel bad about his decision!

ploto
07-08-2010, 11:25 PM
The sympathy for Cleveland is dwindling as each minute passes.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
He's right. James did quit. Where Gilbert is wrong is not indicting him on the spot.

Gilbert's morning after regret is not James' responsibility.

Be still now.

FkLA
07-08-2010, 11:27 PM

not really

i dont blame gilbert or the city for going off on bron, he deserves it.

Giuseppe
Cleveland just showing why they have the curse and why they are such a horrible town.

You're gettin' your girlish on again, Heat.

Act like somebody.

Amarelooms

I mean, this is such a great way to make people feel sorry for you and make LeBron feel bad about his decision!

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9721/sasumad.png (http://img693.imageshack.us/i/sasumad.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Gorilla Game
07-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Owner rips you like no tomorrow, fans burn your jersey, people cussing at the TV when the announcement was made...

Holy shit if that doesn't tell you Lebron made the right decision nothing will.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-08-2010, 11:29 PM

No it's not. They're just calling it as it is. Dan Gilbert is just being loyal to his city, I have mad respect for the man because of this.

ploto
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I have mad respect for the man because of this.

I do not.

DazedAndConfused
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't think any rational person would bash Lebron for leaving Cleveland to pursue other options. He has absolutely NO obligation to stay in Cleveland and play for that franchise. Basketball is a business, and owners routinely trade players away with little regard so why shouldn't players be able to do the same?

What people are shitting on Lebron for is making a gigantic media spectacle of the entire thing and further rubbing salt in Cleveland's wounds. For someone who fucking grew up in Ohio, he should know very well the pain and suffering Cleveland fans have been through in the last fucking century. The fact that he did what he did, in spite of all this, shows just how arrogant, selfish, and self-serving this guy truly is.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-08-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't think any rational person would bash Lebron for leaving Cleveland to pursue other options. He has absolutely NO obligation to stay in Cleveland and play for that franchise. Basketball is a business, and owners routinely trade players away with little regard so why shouldn't players be able to do the same?

What people are shitting on Lebron for is making a gigantic media spectacle of the entire thing and further rubbing salt in Cleveland's wounds. For someone who fucking grew up in Ohio, he should know very well the pain and suffering Cleveland fans have been through in the last fucking century. The fact that he did what he did, in spite of all this, shows just how arrogant, selfish, and self-serving this guy truly is.

Yup, he exposed the fact he doesn't have any loyalty and doesn't give two shits about Cleveland. Once he sees a reason to turn on Wade and/or Bosh, he will.

Zelophehad
07-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Loyalty = staying on a dead end street.

Sandman52
07-08-2010, 11:35 PM

Yep... that's really what it comes down to.

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:36 PM

Dazed, delivering the goods of a Thursday night.

Your finest moment, Dazed.

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 11:36 PM

:tu he also showed he's an insecure pussy that doesn't want the responsibility a superstar is supposed to bear.

picc84
07-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Bron just stabbing the backs he's supposed to stab.

The Franchise
you're gettin' your girlish on again, heat.

Act like somebody.

+2

himat

:toast I'm going to sig this. MiamiHeat is going to talk shit for the next year. I can't wait till Heat get there ass beat next year.

ducks
No it's not. They're just calling it as it is. Dan Gilbert is just being loyal to his city, I have mad respect for the man because of this.

i would give dan more props if he did this before james said I hate it here

FkLA
07-08-2010, 11:39 PM
tbh i heard he grew up a cowboys and yankees fan

so he may not have had that much love for cleveland to begin with, atleast not the way he made it seem.

lurker
"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009 against Orlando. "Go back and look at the tape," he said. "How many shots did he take?"

Gilbert said James never returned a single phone message or text since the end of the season and that the Cavs were not informed of James' decision until he went on the air.

Giuseppe
:tu he also showed he's an insecure pussy that doesn't want the responsibility a superstar is supposed to bear.

And Gilbert and the managerial lineage afore him never insisted that James bear it. Now tonight in the blazing aftermath Gilbert wants to get a second bite at the apple. Too late.

clubalien
bosh left his team.. but nobody is mad since he projected it..

himat
07-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks for showing balls Dan Gilbert.

ElNono
07-08-2010, 11:40 PM
What's gay is to wait until he's gone to start talking about wether he quit on the team or not... then complain he's been covered up too long.

dirk4mvp
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
tbh i heard he grew up a cowboys and yankees fan

so he may not have had that much love for cleveland to begin with, atleast not the way he made it seem.

Cowboys, Yankees, and Bulls. Front running is kind of his hobby.

lotr1trekkie
07-08-2010, 11:42 PM
When did Miami become the intellectual/cultural center of Florida? Cleveland ain't heaven but the only thing that Miami has to offer is more rich people who aren't unemployed since they don't work in the traditional sense. Praying for a # 5 hurricane!

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:43 PM

..it's Canada, so it really didn't happen?

They're just happy when they get a Hershey Bar.

SomeCallMeTim
07-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Might want to check in with Toronto about that "nobody is mad" stuff...

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:44 PM
When did Miami become the intellectual/cultural center of Florida? Cleveland ain't heaven but the only thing that Miami has to offer is more rich people who aren't unemployed since they don't work in the traditional sense. Praying for a # 5 hurricane!

They have Wade, Trekkie. Bosh is superfluous. It was always Wade. He wants to ring.

ElNono
07-08-2010, 11:45 PM

http://magazine.continental.com/archive/images/2006_jul/real_estate_ss/Beach-Florida.jpg

The Franchise
07-08-2010, 11:45 PM
What's gay is to wait until he's gone to start talking about wether he quit on the team or not... then complain he's been covered up too long.

He couldn't do that because he thought the man might be coming back. He feels betrayed because, after seven years of catering to his every whim, he felt that the least the man could do was inform him he was not returning. That would have been the right course of action on the part of mr. James.

cobbler
07-08-2010, 11:46 PM

People so soon forget that LBJ was a phone call away from being removed from the 2004 USA team in Athens because of his arrogance towards staff and volunteers. One oh his teammates, I forget who, says "The way you are ordering the volunteers around like servents, a thank you once in awhile would go a long way. It was a wake up call for LBJ and he apparently learned from the experience... then again...

4>0rings
07-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Gilberts sending LeBron to the tree of woe :lmao

ElNono
07-08-2010, 11:48 PM
He couldn't do that because he thought the man might be coming back. He feels betrayed because, after seven years of catering to his every whim, he felt that the least the man could do was inform him he was not returning. That would have been the right course of action on the part of mr. James.

So basically he's been covering the King just as much as anybody else and was willing to keep on covering him. But now that James bolted, he bitches that he was covered?

Giuseppe
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM

Empathy is an admirable trait. One that James is bereft of.

dbestpro
07-08-2010, 11:50 PM
We will know that Leborn's decision to publicly flog a poor, down and out group of folks really back fired when the sneaker sales go in decline.

EIC
07-08-2010, 11:50 PM

But if Gilbert really meant what he said, why would he want LeBron back? You can't be pissed that a player is leaving and at the same time call him a shitty player.

This reminds me of the way Tennessee fans reacted to Kiffin leaving for USC. It's like, "We're rioting and burning shit because we're pissed that you're leaving . . . and, for the record, you were a piece of shit coach while you were here!"

j.dizzle
07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
LOL getting shat on by the owner, this shit is hilarious..If Lebron ever goes back to Cleveland he'll get a brick in his windshield hahahaha

The Franchise
07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
So basically he's been covering the King just as much as anybody else and was willing to keep on covering him. But now that James bolted, he bitches that he was covered?

Exactly! :lol Seriously, he's just mad that Lebaron didn't have the decency to tell him he was not returning. Letting him find out on ESPN like the rest of use was pretty low class of the fisher king.

j.dizzle
07-08-2010, 11:52 PM
But if Gilbert really meant what he said, why would he want LeBron back? You can't be pissed that a player is leaving and at the same time call him a shitty player.

This reminds me of the way Tennessee fans reacted to Kiffin leaving for USC. It's like, "We're rioting and burning shit because we're pissed that you're leaving . . . and, for the record, you were a piece of shit coach while you were here!"
$$$$$$$$$$$ son, that teams value just dropped like 100 mil atleast:lol

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 11:52 PM
We will know that Leborn's decision to publicly flog a poor, down and out group of folks really back fired when the sneaker sales go in decline.

Too many black guys in Dallas jumping to the Heat bandwagon for that to happen.

ElNono
07-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Exactly! :lol Seriously, he's just mad that Lebaron didn't have the decency to tell him he was not returning. Letting him find out on ESPN like the rest of use was pretty low class of the fisher king.

You know, I didn't like his ESPN special bullshit and his attention whoring just like most reasonable people. But he was a FA and he didn't owe shit to the Cleveland ownership. His contract was up, and he had every right to do as he pleased. Ultimately, Gilbert could complain about not being informed, but the whole tanking the games and James being covered is such a butthurt comment.

ploto
07-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Gilbert said James never returned a single phone message or text since the end of the season...

That does not mean that Lebron's agent was not in contact with the Cavs.

The Franchise
07-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Empathy is an admirable trait. One that James is bereft of.

:toast

EIC
07-08-2010, 11:58 PM

So let me get this straight: Gilbert was willing to let a quitter run the floor for his team if it meant Gilbert could pocket more cash, and LeBron is the money-grubbing, selfish asshole?

ploto
07-08-2010, 11:58 PM
You know, I didn't like his ESPN special bullshit and his attention whoring just like most reasonable people.

Should we be surprised in a nation of people who watch the Bachelor and Big Brother?? I bet the show got pretty good ratings for ESPN on a Thursday night in July.

himat
07-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Dan now said he quit in majority of the games against Boston and that he quit in Game 6 in Orlando!

ESPN Radio in Cleveland is saying that he got a standing o in many bars after people heard about the letter.

F LeBron. That is why I love Kobe. Doesn't get pussy calls, he just wins. He gets his star calls every once in a while but he made himself.

Stan Van Gundy called these guys out earlier too. We all know that Heat team is going to go down in flames. Everyone is going to want to kill them.

Flo-Rida
07-08-2010, 11:59 PM
lol he is cursing lebron james

silverblk mystix
07-09-2010, 12:00 AM
You know, I didn't like his ESPN special bullshit and his attention whoring just like most reasonable people. But he was a FA and he didn't owe shit to the Cleveland ownership. His contract was up, and he had every right to do as he pleased. Ultimately, Gilbert could complain about not being informed, but the whole tanking the games and James being covered is such a butthurt comment.

+1

...PLUS...why didn't gilbert bitch beforehand...he WITNESSED lebron quitting---so he said nothing until now?

AND ---he would have gladly re-signed lebron even AFTER he allegedly quit???

no balls to call him out for quitting---because he might of lost him...but now that lebron bolts---he decides to call him out...what a pussy owner...

Marklar MM
07-09-2010, 12:01 AM

Estimated at at least 200 million

Marklar MM
07-09-2010, 12:02 AM
+1

...PLUS...why didn't gilbert bitch beforehand...he WITNESSED lebron quitting---so he said nothing until now?

no balls to call him out for quitting---because he might of lost him...but now that lebron bolts---he decides to call him out...what a pussy owner...

Yup. Why not re-sign the best player in the game.

SenorSpur
07-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Gilbert just said that James quit on the Cavs in the 2nd round series and has been covered up too long

CAVS WKNR

It aint like he's lying.

In fact, it's about time Queen James got called out for being the punk-ass quitter that he showed in that Boston series. The fact that he ran away from the Cavs when the going got tough was merely an extension of that same quitter attitude that he's displayed during his NBA tenure. Yet, he calls himself "the King." Wonder why. It doesn't fit.

Now it does smack a bit of "sour grapes" to call him out after he's gone, but I know the guy, and the entire city of Cleveland, feels like they just got kicked in the groin. I really can't blame him for that.

j.dizzle
07-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Estimated at at least 200 million
:wow God damn I wouldnt write a letter, I would grab my gat & shoot something hahaha

EIC
07-09-2010, 12:06 AM
We all know that Heat team is going to go down in flames. Everyone is going to want to kill them.

Yeah, just like the Lakers.

Jeremy
07-09-2010, 01:52 AM
He's right. James did quit.

And Kobe didn't?

himat
07-09-2010, 01:57 AM
And Kobe didn't?

But he stuck around, matured after a loss to Boston in 08, and has become a true teammate the past 2 years.

If you don't believe me watch this part of the Lakers interview with Jimmy Kimmell after they won the championship. He protects Adam Morrison when he could have easily made fun of him. It sounds like no big deal but it is.

Basically Kobe made many immature mistakes but he's made his amends.

usdane
07-09-2010, 01:58 AM
And Kobe didn't?

Kobe just finished the Suns off for good. Why are you even posting here, shouldn't you be hiding somewhere?

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 01:58 AM
And Kobe didn't?

Kobe absolutely quit. I've always cited that event.

But, you have your piccadillo, Jeremy: Nash quit. He quit last season on Porter because he didn't like Porter. So he quit, conspired to mutiny with Bell and Diaw and sabotaged Porter and the team.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 02:05 AM
But he stuck around, matured after a loss to Boston in 08, and has become a true teammate the past 2 years.

If you don't believe me watch this part of the Lakers interview with Jimmy Kimmell after they won the championship. He protects Adam Morrison when he could have easily made fun of him. It sounds like no big deal but it is.

Basically Kobe made many immature mistakes but he's made his amends.

Eh. Kobe is Kobe. If we'd a got put out in Game 6, Kobe woulda gave you us a load of what Gilbert did tonite. Game 6 saved our franchise from the wrath of Bryant. Being put out in Game 7 woulda been suffered in silence, but, still manageable.

Kobe has changed. He's learned to bury his pathology.

He's still a phony baloney, a tortured soul, but, he can now function day-to-day if dismal failure is avoided.

kamikazi_player
07-09-2010, 02:09 AM

+1

Should we be surprised in a nation of people who watch the Bachelor and Big Brother?? I bet the show got pretty good ratings for ESPN on a Thursday night in July.
I thought it was stupid, but I knew everyone, Lebron lover/hater/whatever would be tuning in.

DMX7
07-09-2010, 02:12 AM
How much is Dan Gilbert going to get fined for this?

Jeremy
07-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Kobe absolutely quit. I've always cited that event.

But, you have your piccadillo, Jeremy: Nash quit. He quit last season on Porter because he didn't like Porter. So he quit, conspired to mutiny with Bell and Diaw and sabotaged Porter and the team.

Nash refused to buy in and forced Porter out. But I don't know if there was any game you could say he quit in or did not compete to win. I could be wrong, though. Refresh my memory.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Nash refused to buy in and forced Porter out.

That's quitting, Jeremy.

Jeremy
07-09-2010, 02:30 AM
That's quitting, Jeremy.

Oh, he quit on Porter, definitely.

der Kaiser
07-09-2010, 02:40 AM
+1

:toast

lefty
07-09-2010, 08:27 AM
He's right. James did quit. Where Gilbert is wrong is not indicting him on the spot.

Gilbert's morning after regret is not James' responsibility.

Be still now.
Cough - Kobe asking for a trade - cough

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Cough - Kobe asking for a trade - cough

Lefty has composed himself, donned a new pair of flip flops and rejoined the fray.

Good for you, Lefty. You were adorable last night. Reminded me of the stuttering lawyer in "My Cousin Vinny."

spursfan1000
07-09-2010, 09:15 AM
What a great owner LMAO.

resistanze
07-09-2010, 09:20 AM
How much is Dan Gilbert going to get fined for this?

$200 million :lmao