PDA

View Full Version : How far will the Heat go?

Supergirl
07-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't think it's a done deal that the Heat will even win one championship, much less create a dynasty. I would have liked Lebron's chances a lot better had he gone to the Bulls, and I respect him a lot less as a person for the asshole move he made, dumping the city that's adored him for years on national TV.

Reality is, Bosh is a poor defender and will be the person assigned to guard Howard and Gasol and Duncan and all the other big men. Wade and Lebron both need the ball in their hands a lot, and the Heat will not have a quality PG who can distribute once they get rid of Beasley. Chalmers is much further than Hill is from being a true PG or even a back up PG. And the Heat won't have any money left to sign anyone else to fill out their roster. This looks a lot more like the Lakers 4 Hall of Famers team (FAIL) than anything else.

So, how far do YOU think they'll go?

eyeh8u
07-08-2010, 11:57 PM
many titles, your angry blinds you judgment

monosylab1k
07-08-2010, 11:58 PM
It's bedtime when the chicks wanna throw in their 2 cents. nite everybody.

07-09-2010, 12:00 AM
i don't think there has ever been a team with two top 3 players and one top 10 player. the closest in recent memory has been the celtics. no one knows what will happen but the sky is basically the limit now. rational nba fans will know to fear this trio. they may not win in next year without a supporting cast, but really who is going to stop them from building a dynasty in the next 2-3 years?

Supergirl
07-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Well it's not like I'm the only one saying some of these things: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-chooses-the-Miami-Heat;_ylt=Apcg3I0H9QBzbfkZtsMF6a68vLYF?urn=nba%2C2 54739

Chr!s Childs
07-09-2010, 12:01 AM
They'll definitely win the title this season and the next...thats a given.

Supergirl
07-09-2010, 12:02 AM
i don't think there has ever been a team with two top 3 players and one top 10 player. the closest in recent memory has been the celtics. no one knows what will happen but the sky is basically the limit now. rational nba fans will know to fear this trio. they may not win in next year without a supporting cast, but really who is going to stop them from building a dynasty in the next 2-3 years?

Money's gonna stop them, these guys are all demanding max money for years to come. Heat will have no flexibility. And since Bosh and Wade have both been known to miss lots of time due to injury, who knows how that might come to affect their future.

Lebron on the Bulls...now THAT would be one scary good team.

Greg Oden
07-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Just like a Spurfan to come up with ass backward reason for something then somehow find a way to talk about the Spurs or one of their players. Good job :tu

Xevious
07-09-2010, 12:08 AM
It's bedtime when the chicks wanna throw in their 2 cents. nite everybody.
:lol

Supergirl
07-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Just like a Spurfan to come up with ass backward reason for something then somehow find a way to talk about the Spurs or one of their players. Good job :tu

wait, what's the name of this board? Oh that's right SPURSTALK.

Greg Oden
07-09-2010, 12:10 AM
wait, what's the name of this board? Oh that's right SPURSTALK.

:jack:bike::flypig:cop:bking:huddle::meeting: :convertib

07-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Money's gonna stop them, these guys are all demanding max money for years to come. Heat will have no flexibility. And since Bosh and Wade have both been known to miss lots of time due to injury, who knows how that might come to affect their future.

Lebron on the Bulls...now THAT would be one scary good team.
the heat will have money locked up in their core, that's without a doubt. but honestly, i thought money would stop the lakers this year but they managed to resign odom and sign artest without regard. they had like $50 million committed to just bynum/bryant/gasol. heat will have the draft picks and exceptions to add players. they also have pat riley. spurs have been operating over the cap for a number of years and they've been adding solid players through exceptions and draft picks. the core is the most important, and the role players will fall in place later.

Supergirl
07-09-2010, 04:10 PM
the heat will have money locked up in their core, that's without a doubt. but honestly, i thought money would stop the lakers this year but they managed to resign odom and sign artest without regard. they had like $50 million committed to just bynum/bryant/gasol. heat will have the draft picks and exceptions to add players. they also have pat riley. spurs have been operating over the cap for a number of years and they've been adding solid players through exceptions and draft picks. the core is the most important, and the role players will fall in place later.

actually, I believe this is the first year the Spurs have been over the cap, because I remember it being a big deal that they were willing to do so.

z0sa
07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
tl; dr

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Too early to tell. There are some role players they could get for the minimum that I think could vault them into favorite staus. Eddie House is one. especially if his decline last year was just a bad shooting year. Plus if they can somehow get someone to at least body up Howard, watch out. Of course Orlando might not get past Boston. Fesenko wouldn't be horrible despite his suckitude in playoffs because at he has the bulk to battle Howard and is physical. He's probably the best they could do for the minimum that I can see out there.

Cry Havoc
07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Wade and Lebron both need the ball in their hands a lot, and the Heat will not have a quality PG who can distribute once they get rid of Beasley.

A team with Wade and a guy who averages ~7-8 assists for his career is going to have distribution problems?

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I'll root for the fame whore who plays the game the right way, is a good teammate, and makes him teammates better over the fame whore who only cares about looking good, throws his teammates under the bus, and who players only tolerate because they want a ring, any day.

FalleNxWiZarDx
07-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't think it's a done deal that the Heat will even win one championship, much less create a dynasty. I would have liked Lebron's chances a lot better had he gone to the Bulls, and I respect him a lot less as a person for the asshole move he made, dumping the city that's adored him for years on national TV.

Reality is, Bosh is a poor defender and will be the person assigned to guard Howard and Gasol and Duncan and all the other big men. Wade and Lebron both need the ball in their hands a lot, and the Heat will not have a quality PG who can distribute once they get rid of Beasley. Chalmers is much further than Hill is from being a true PG or even a back up PG. And the Heat won't have any money left to sign anyone else to fill out their roster. This looks a lot more like the Lakers 4 Hall of Famers team (FAIL) than anything else.

So, how far do YOU think they'll go?

wanna get married?

angelbelow
07-09-2010, 04:29 PM
seriously what does he actuallly owe to cleveland?

he fucked up with his bullshit 1 hour decision but other than that what does he owe the cavs?

Native American
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
The Aztec nation has spread over centuries, migrated to all parts of this land, particularly in the southern areas of America. They are watched over by many dieties. One notable goddess is Tlazolteotl, the goddess of filth, the goddess of desire. Many view her similar to what the pale man calls karma. Rest assured that Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Chris Bosh will face the heat and wrath of Tlazolteotl. After this wild and sinister ploy these three young warriors have hatched, at some point in their time there, they will find themselves on South Beach and face to face with Tlazolteotl. All three will fall prey to her charms and unknowingly and unwillingly fall prey to her wrath when she gives her peace to each of them. And by that I mean Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Chris Bosh will meet Lady Luck in Miami, fall to her charms, and she will give herpes to each of them.

LnGrrrR
07-09-2010, 05:56 PM
The Aztec nation has spread over centuries, migrated to all parts of this land, particularly in the southern areas of America. They are watched over by many dieties. One notable goddess is Tlazolteotl, the goddess of filth, the goddess of desire. Many view her similar to what the pale man calls karma. Rest assured that Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Chris Bosh will face the heat and wrath of Tlazolteotl. After this wild and sinister ploy these three young warriors have hatched, at some point in their time there, they will find themselves on South Beach and face to face with Tlazolteotl. All three will fall prey to her charms and unknowingly and unwillingly fall prey to her wrath when she gives her peace to each of them. And by that I mean Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Chris Bosh will meet Lady Luck in Miami, fall to her charms, and she will give herpes to each of them.

:lol :tu

Supergirl
07-09-2010, 06:22 PM
wanna get married?

sorry, I'm already married. :toast

Supergirl
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Cavs will have a weak bench, no matter who they manage to get to come join them. Plus, only 1 of these big 3 are really proven - Dwayne. Lebron has choked in at least 3 efforts to win a championship when he should have been able to get it done. Bosh has never even made it to the playoffs, much less win. All 3 have big egos and that's never a good sign for the future of a team.

I could easily see them blowing up - esp if they DON'T win their first year together.

The only clear winner in this trade is Wade - it says a lot about what players think about him that two supposedly franchise players were willing to come to Miami to play with him, that they think HE'S their ticket to actually being able to win. But it says a lot less about Bosh and Lebron.

Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith: “I was surprised that (Lebron James) went to Miami. I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor. The great ones do and usually stay in one location."

DeadlyDynasty
07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
They'll definitely win the title this season and the next...thats a given.
I think a lockout is a given:lmao

Supergirl
07-10-2010, 09:52 PM
wow, eight people think the Heat will fall apart before they even get started. I could see it happening...but the pressure is on them to not let that happen. they'll keep all drama on the d.l. for as long as they can.

then again, Riley teams do have a habit of becoming drama filled.

Only Phil Jackson could handle a team with as much ego as the Heat now have. Seriously. Riley's ego is too big to handle them. Pop wouldn't have the patience for them.