PDA

View Full Version : All you fools calling Dirk a Choker...answer this

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 07:31 AM
other than adding an old ass Kidd on his last leg....who are the hall of fame players that Dirk has been on a team with??? If you look throughout history teams that have won have 2+ top notch players.

Duncan had Robinson, Parker, Manu etc
Jordan had Pippen
Kobe had Shaq & Gasol

God bless Dirk for being as great as he is....regardless if he wins or not he's the true King.

God bless you and your families sons....no need to hate....spread the love. There is one thing we all can agree on....we're going to enjoy when the cHeat fall on their face this season and FAIL

:elephant

21_Blessings
07-09-2010, 07:36 AM
1st round exit

21_Blessings
07-09-2010, 07:36 AM
to the 8 seed

21_Blessings
07-09-2010, 07:37 AM
oh forgot the 7 seed

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 07:46 AM
lol exactly no real answers....God bless Dirk sons.

One thing is for sure...he never quit or gave up....sometimes you get beat, can't win, but you stay loyal and get back up

Dirk is a true King...Lebron isn't even a queen...more like a clown

TJastal
07-09-2010, 07:49 AM
other than adding an old ass Kidd on his last leg....who are the hall of fame players that Dirk has been on a team with??? If you look throughout history teams that have won have 2+ top notch players.

Jordan had Pippen
Kobe had Shaq & Gasol

God bless Dirk for being as great as he is....regardless if he wins or not he's the true King.

God bless you and your families sons....no need to hate....spread the love. There is one thing we all can agree on....we're going to enjoy when the cHeat fall on their face this season and FAIL

Someone sounds a bit butthurt about his Lebron pipedream crashing and burning. Want some vaseline dude?

gameFACE
07-09-2010, 07:50 AM
You had the best center in the NBA - Erica Dampier.
You had smokin' Howard.
You had Sean Bradley.

Okay forget it. Point well taken. I would have loved to see a half time show of one-on-one between Bradley and Bonner, though.

The_Worlds_finest
07-09-2010, 07:52 AM
steve nash you fucking idiot

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 07:59 AM
steve nash you fucking idiot

lol at this clown...son you can't be serious...Nash left well before he was the player he is now. If he was on the team those MVP years then you might have a point.

You haters can admit it....it's okay....Dirk has never really had a decent shot...if anything he has shown how great he is by getting a mediocre team to the finals. He's not super fast or a great athlete so he is limited a bit already but he gives it his all and we love him for it. Props to you Dirk :toast

Let's all show our support to Dirk here....too bad the German soccer team lost my friend....keep ya head up and we'll be cheering you in Big D this year

phyzik
07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Michael Finley

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Michael Finley

lol son..thanks for making me laugh

sa_butta
07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_f4Fo_GlfJs8/SdYtgTAIuYI/AAAAAAAACBk/t-Q1rwvKtqY/s400/nash+dirk+cuban.png

Muser
07-09-2010, 08:20 AM
So now mav fan think Manu is HoF'er when it suits him?

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 08:21 AM

Son Manu is a great player...never seen many attack the rim like he can. Only problem I have is the flopping...but not like he's the only one.

God bless Manu and Dirk

ffadicted
07-09-2010, 08:23 AM
At least Dirk didn't bolt Dallas, lmao LeChoke

Drachen
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM

Jordan had Pippen
Kobe had Shaq & Gasol

There was this crazy canuck who could drink a lot. I heard he was pretty good at basketball. Oh, and there was also this guy who could play basketball, I believe he went to school in Wisconson. He was even there before dirk. Damn, what were their names?

silverblk mystix
07-09-2010, 09:46 AM
j. kidd future hall of famer

nash...ditto

stfu

Drachen
07-09-2010, 09:47 AM
lol at this clown...son you can't be serious...Nash left well before he was the player he is now. If he was on the team those MVP years then you might have a point.

You haters can admit it....it's okay....Dirk has never really had a decent shot...if anything he has shown how great he is by getting a mediocre team to the finals. He's not super fast or a great athlete so he is limited a bit already but he gives it his all and we love him for it. Props to you Dirk :toast

Let's all show our support to Dirk here....too bad the German soccer team lost my friend....keep ya head up and we'll be cheering you in Big D this year

You can make the same arguement about the fact that Robinson had is MVP years well before Duncan. By the time Duncan came along Robinson was not the same guy he was before, and had floating particles of his spine floating around his back. He was still a pretty elite defender, to be sure, but he wasn't at the same level of international superstar that you seem to be trying to achieve.

You would have more of a point if you said something like "Dirk never played with other stars while he had a competent coach."

Findog
07-09-2010, 10:01 AM

Who ever said he wasn't?

JamStone
07-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I'll answer this butthurtness seriously.

It's true Dirk hasn't had as much help as many great players who have won championships. I think instead of calling Dirk the true king, you should focus on exposing LeBron as not a true king. Dirk is like LeBron. Both great players who haven't had enough help to take their respective teams to the top. LeBron is probably the more talented and physically gifted player, but I respect Dirk a lot too. Both won MVPs and neither one has won a title. I wouldn't put Dirk over LeBron. Neither has won it all.

As for calling Dirk a "choker." I think it's a tough criticism. Dirk is one tough SOB and he leaves it on the court and has generally played great in the playoffs and in clutch situations. But the criticism comes to any great player who fails to win it all. Barkley, Malone, Ewing, now LeBron. They get and got similar criticism. And, it's simply difficult to ignore the criticism based on the playoffs in 2006 and 2007. In 2006, Dallas had the better team and were up in the Finals 2-0. I know it's easy to blame the officiating and probably justifiably so to a certain extent. But, it's still going to be called a choke, whether you agree with it or not. And in 2007, Dallas had the best record (in the league, I believe) and lost to an 8 seed. We all know about Nellie outcoaching Avery and the match-ups being favorable for the Warriors and the success Golden State had against Dallas in the regular season, but it's still a choke. The #1 seed should not lose to the #8 seed. They just shouldn't.

Whether you agree with it or not, whether you can find reasons, explanations, or justifications, those back-to-back post-seasons in 2006 and 2007 is the stigma Dirk carries as the best player on those teams that choked. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

OC Lakerfan
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Dirk wears a choker and Nash holds the whip.

fmedrano1977
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
You have an argument but are you forgetting the numerous no shows.

z0sa
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Steve Nash, Michael Finley

BlackSwordsMan
07-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Devin Harris arguably the league's best defender

easy7
07-09-2010, 12:20 PM
The Matrix and Jason Kid, Jet peanut head and pass me da weed Stacked.

JamStone
07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I have a question for Mavs fans.

If you replace Rasheed Wallace from the 2004 Detroit Pistons with Dirk Nowitzki, do the Pistons still win that championship? Does that team have the same type of success in that weak Eastern Conference from 2004-2008?

I know Dirk was a much, much better individual player than Rasheed. Not about who is the better player. But does Dirk have the same type of impact on that Detroit team?

Part of my point is that whether you think they still win a title or not, you look at that Pistons roster and you could probably argue that what would have been Dirk's supporting cast on Detroit isn't any better than what Dirk has had in many of his recent seasons with the Mavs. People wouldn't argue how much help Dirk had on those Pistons teams. Not any one player, not Billups, not Rip Hamilton, not Ben Wallace would be names of guys people would discredit Dirk for having success. Not any more than Steve Nash or old Jason Kidd or Josh Howard. Sometimes it's a matter of chemistry. Sometimes it's a matter of who your competition is.

Dirk has had enough help to have a team have the best record in the league and enough help to make it to the NBA Finals. Couldn't close the deal. The blame shouldn't go all on Dirk, but it usually does go mostly to the superstar of the team, the best player of the team. That's the way it goes.

jimo2305
07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
hof'ers are good from day 1..

im referring to the rebuttal about nash..

i won't say it's dirk's fault per say.. dirk's one of the best players in the league..

i will equate him and draw comparison to my favorite nfl player.. peyton manning.. who is also been labeled for "choking".. yet is a hof'er like dirk will be..

it's more so fate and the team rather than the individual themselves.. so i say don't slap all of the blame on dirk.. slap it on the team as a whole..

missing hof'ers shouldnt be an excuse to why they lost.. the players dirk had around him were good enough to win a couple.. but chemistry/coaching/disappearing players got the last laugh..