PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Plays Not to Lose

purist
07-09-2010, 08:05 AM
IMO, LeBron choosing Miami is akin to a team playing not to lose. Seems to me LeBron woke up one day and realized "I'm 7 years in and I don't have a championship, so I better get one soon or risk tarnishing my legacy." He's basically taking the path of least resistance, but in so doing, he's relinquished some of his "kingship." The talking heads will applaud him for taking less money in order to win titles, but that's the problem with sports today: the end seems to always justify the means.

Imagine, for example, if Tim Duncan would have left to join Grant Hill in Orlando way back when. he may won a title or multiple titles, but would his legacy be same as it is today? Duncan chose to stay put and in doing so he put a franchise on his shoulders, not anyone else's, despite the fact there were no guarantees about the future talent the Spurs might have.

So, Lebron may win a title or two or three, but the question will linger in my mind: does he truly have the heart of a champion? or, was Lebron simply scared of the responsibility of carrying a franchise, a city, a state, on his shoulders? I think that in trying to preserve his legacy, LeBron ultimatley may have tarnished it more than if he had stayed in Cleveland and never won a title.
Just my opinion.

The TampaBay Heckler
07-09-2010, 08:07 AM
IMO you're a faggot, dont ever post here again

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 08:10 AM
After LeBron wins 5-7 rings next to Wade, Bosh, Riley, and Mike Miller, I will say that nobody will give a shit.

LeBron will go down as the best SF to ever play, and Wade will be the 2nd best SG ever.

Kobe, you will now be #3 best sg.

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 08:12 AM
if you dont agree, LeBron already has 2 straight league mvps

all he is missing is rings. if the HEAT go on a tear of the NBA, lebron will win his 3rd straight league MVP, with prolly more to come

the championships will propel him above all your criticism.

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Son that team ain't winning 5-7 rings...get over yourself. Maybe 3 but that's unlikely as well

:elephant

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 08:20 AM
who's going to stop them?

The only team with a shot is the Lakers. Heat just acquired Mike Miller. Next? Udonis Haslem, a miami native, who has taken home team discounts before (2005) because he NEVER wants to play for another team. He will most likely stay in Miami. Off the bench, PF, who plays D and contained Dirk in 2006 Finals.

Celtics are done, bro. Done. Old. They will not be able to stop this team.

its fucking over dude

5-7 rings in the next 10 years is going to happen.

there is a chance they don't win it all this year, but next year and on....with MLE's? it's over.

ffadicted
07-09-2010, 08:21 AM
lol none of the three boys will ever surpass the likes of Bird, Magic, Jordan, and even Kobe now.

Plus, I'll give them 3 rings in the next 10 years AT MOST

purist
07-09-2010, 08:25 AM

Typical response indicative of the intellect that often permeates these forums. YOu can't engage in real debate or discussion of the issues, so you revert to childish name calling.....asshole!

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Nobody will pass MJ.

but LeBron will pass Bird. guaranteed. Bird has 3 league mvp's, LeBron has 2 and he's only 25.

LeBron is already very close or a better player than Bird. Look it up. LeBron averaged 27-28 ppg, 7 rebs, 7 assts last year.

Those are close to his career averages.

It's going to happen. Just accept it.

lebomb
07-09-2010, 08:27 AM

178 > 6

post count...............I think you need not post again. :rolleyes