PDA

View Full Version : Forget this Crap! Let's talk Basketball

narmerguy
07-09-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't really want to talk about loyalty vs. legacy vs. ego vs. mama's waffles. Let's talk basketball. How does this new Miami team affect the league? How does Miami pull it off? Can they pull it off? Who can take them??? This is the stuff I want to hear.

In seriousness, someone's stats is going to have to take a MAJOR hit! You can't put up the types of numbers these guys have been their whole careers with only one basketball. My thinking is that Bosh is going to take the biggest hit as Dwyane Wade and Lebron do a lot of the dominating as the ball is brought up the court.

However, there's the possibility of the PG bringing it up and feeding it to any one of the three, whoever has the best mismatch that game...and let's face it, when will one of these guys NOT have a big mismatch?

I'd love to see the lakers take this team but I'll wait till the roster is actually filled. Imagine it...kobe would have to take dwade as artest will be full of lebron and if they do bring fisher back, he sure as hell ain't guarding wade. Let's assume Pau takes Bosh, how will that play out? Personally, I think Bosh > Gasol. And then there's Artest vs. Lebron? Lebron will probably have a strong advantage on that. Help defending either on Wade or Lebron (I don't actually think Bosh will require that much doubling or help defense between Bynum and Pau) will leave either Wade or Lebron or the 3-point shooters Miami will get if they are smart.

I don't know, what do you all think?

Sportcamper
07-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Well if you want to just talk BB…Is it me? Or did the Miami Heat just get a whole lot better…:lol

Cry Havoc
07-09-2010, 10:32 AM
It will be interesting to see (even in the regular season) who LeBron is given to guard on a nightly basis. Especially so on a team with multiple scoring threats like the Lakers or Magic.

The fact is that the Heat now have playmakers on both sides of the ball. They're going to be a force defensively as well as offensively. Getting doubled down low by Bosh and LeBron would not be a welcome prospect for any big in the league.

stretch
07-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Miami is going to be really good. Imagine the pick and roll game they can play with either Wade/Bosh or Bron/Bosh. Then having either Wade or Bron running baseline. It's gonna be some tough stuff to stop. Probably the only way is to run a zone. But if they have Chalmers and Miller out there, its gonna make it tough, along with the fact that Bosh is a very good midrange shooter. Then imagine Bron and Wade running fast breaks together. Miami is going to be ridiculously tough to stop.

Truth is, Bron took a team full of scrubs to the finals and a couple of 60 win seasons. I'm pretty sure that this team is more than capable of finding a way to gel, and give the 72 win Bulls a run for their money. I'm pretty excited to see how this team works.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Cry, gettin' his guard uni on at the Heat front gate.

You look like Ernest T. Bass, ya idiot, you.

stretch
07-09-2010, 10:37 AM
The Heat IMO should really work on trying to run a more uptempo offense the majority of the time. Because we all know in a halfcourt set, its pretty much impossible to stop Bron and Wade alone. If they can perfect a fast break offense, they will be able to heavily reduce their minutes through the season, by blowing teams out on an almost nightly basis, leaving plenty of energy available for the playoffs for nights that the game slows down late, and turns into a grind.

Cry Havoc
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Cry, gettin' his guard uni on at the Heat front gate.

You look like Ernest T. Bass, ya idiot, you.

Yes. Acknowledging that another team will be good this year is tantamount to rooting for them.

Hey! Boston will be tough with O'Neal. Where's my Celtics jersey!? :lol

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes. Acknowledging that another team will be good this year is tantamount to rooting for them.

Hey! Boston will be tough with O'Neal. Where's my Celtics jersey!? :lol

BS, Cry. You've been sidin' them like yer in love with the Heat. Yer gonna pay for this in the months ta come.

- "We're not forgetting this if that's what's you're thinking. This is big time, baby."

- "Ace Merrill" - "Stand by Me"

narmerguy
07-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Well if you want to just talk BB…Is it me? Or did the Miami Heat just get a whole lot better…:lol

I agree. The big thing though is are they good enough to win it all, and how does one stop them? That's the big question, can it be stopped? And also, can Spoelstra handle this? I don't know, he doesn't exactly strike me as the kind of guy that will command respect from some of these guys. I almost feel like Bron will be evened out by the other great players (basically only Wade) in the locker room to always emphasize that he's not the only top dog around. It's the second best thing to having a coach like Phil imo.