PDA

View Full Version : Who wins MVP next year?

himat
07-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Well with LBJ and Wade on the same team they might take some votes away from each other so who wins next year?

scottspurs
Kevin Durant

dallaskd
The Durant era begins in 2011

Venti Quattro
07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Kevin Durant

resistanze
Where's Bosh?

himat
I think it will be a race between Durant and Kobe. Durant is a very safe bet.

IronMexican
07-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Bosh

ffadicted
07-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Dwight, Kobe or Durant... it'll DEF not be one of the super fags

himat
07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Where's Bosh?

Damn did I forget to put Catwoman into the poll?!! :lol

You could vote for "Other" :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I'd be surprised if Dwight Howard doesn't win MVP next year..Orlando will still have a great record, he's working with Olajuwon in the off-season, his competition isn't as tough now..

stretch
07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Bron or Durant.

Reason I say Bron, is because if they end up dominating the league and perhaps even surpass the 70 win mark, and no one comes close, he's probably going to get it, the way Dirk got it when the Mavs had 67 wins, even though it wasnt his best season, and other players arguably had better individual seasons. team success matters.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Wade or Durant.

DeadlyDynasty
07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Dwight, Kobe or Durant... it'll DEF not be one of the super fags
This...the big 3 together took away any chance of winning an outright MVP, and it looks like Kevin Durant will rightfully claim a few now. I'd put Derrick Rose as a darkhorse if the Bulls grab a top 3 seed.

Roddy Beaubois
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Durants got it locked up for years now that Lebron went to another mans team.

Venti Quattro
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Remember the times when we were thinking of LeBron locking up MVPs for 5 straight years. Well I guess that's kinda remotely possible now.

23LeBronJames23
07-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Lebron James if heat win some where around 68+ or Kevin Durant.

mingus
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Lebron: Best team, Best Player on that team. this seams to be the trend for picking MVP's. plus you think about all the exposure that team will have... that team will be in everyone's face for the next five years, so he won't go under the radar and everything will be magnified.

you don't need to score 30 ppg to win MVP. Lebron's scoring will go down but his assists will go up having much better players around him, and a that the same time, since he's not shoting as much, he'll get more rebounds. then you think about the pace at which Heat team will... that will be an explosive, up-tempo team. Lebron has always had a theoretical chance to average a triple double for a season, but he truly does next year.

TheMACHINE
07-09-2010, 01:35 PM
KD is a lock

DMX7
07-09-2010, 01:36 PM
KD's definitely got this on lock.

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 01:40 PM
LeBron.

He's the best player on the best team (if they do turn out to be the best during the regular season)

once the regular season is rolling through, the HEAT are like 44-10 or something, the heat are going to be the clear front runners and LBJ will get MVP talk.

ffadicted
07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
LeBron.

He's the best player on the best team (if they do turn out to be the best during the regular season)

once the regular season is rolling through, the HEAT are like 44-10 or something, the heat are going to be the clear front runners and LBJ will get MVP talk.

There is literally 0% chance that LBJ gets another MVP next year

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 01:42 PM

Heat, gettin' his hedge on again.

Yer adorable.

ogait
07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Durant would be a good bet but it would still require OKC to make it at least top 3 in the west and I don't think they will.

I don't know but I can see the though of Bryant beating the new big 3 and getting closer to Jordan being a compelling argument for the media to justify him another MVP even if he doesn't quite show it on the court any more.

InRareForm
07-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Durant will get it. anyone want to bet?

Jloyola
07-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Bynum!

Kevin Durant 35
07-09-2010, 02:16 PM
There is literally 0% chance that LBJ gets another MVP next year

What if heat win 70+ plus games?

I think LeBron has plenty of chances getting it if his team has alot of wins if not then KD will get it if OKC will be better than last year and all healthy

mingus
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Durant would be a good bet but it would still require OKC to make it at least top 3 in the west and I don't think they will.

I don't know but I can see the though of Bryant beating the new big 3 and getting closer to Jordan being a compelling argument for the media to justify him another MVP even if he doesn't quite show it on the court any more.

it's not a question of whether "you see." at this point the Lakers are still be better than the Heat if Bynum is healthy.

Gasol>Bosh
Bryant = James (it's pretty close, but the Lebron lost a few points with the way he played agains the C's.)
(healthy) Bynum, Odom, Artest > Wade

the Heat still have quite a bit to go to catch up to a healthy Laker's team. the Heat won't win w/o a good supporting cast. in fact, i would pick the C's and maybe the Magic over them at this point.

himat
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Magic need to make some tweaks in my opinion. The only way they can make a run at a championship next year if they stay hot for a very long time. You can't count on that (check LA's way of winning in Game 7 this year. Offense was terrible but they dug down deep and won defensively)

mingus
07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Magic need to make some tweaks in my opinion. The only way they can make a run at a championship next year if they stay hot for a very long time. You can't count on that (check LA's way of winning in Game 7 this year. Offense was terrible but they dug down deep and won defensively)

i don't think the Magic have to make tweeks. i think the guys who played like vaginas last year (Carter, Lewis) have to step up. they were scrubs this year in the PO's and they still gave themselves a chance. i don't think the GM is to blame at all for their stuggles. the was and is on the players to make that work.

himat
07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
i don't think the Magic have to make tweeks. i think the guys who played like vaginas last year (Carter, Lewis) have to step up. they were scrubs this year in the PO's and they still gave themselves a chance. i don't think the GM is to blame at all for their stuggles. the was and is on the players to make that work.

Come Again? Rashard can turn it around, I'll agree with that. He was the reason they got past Cleveland in 09. He hit so many damn clutch 3's.

I think Carter has proven his whole career that he doesn't perform in the playoffs. As Jeff Van Gundy said near the end of Orlando's season this year "Could you imagine how good this guy could have been if he had the drive (Not basketball drive but the drive to win) of a Kobe Bryant?"

He doesn't though and they can't win with him being the go to guy. J.J was a better 2 guard then Vince was this season. Admit it.

Kevin Durant 35
07-09-2010, 03:27 PM

:rollin You mean refs stepped up and won the game. :rollin

Ashy Larry
07-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Kd

ffadicted
07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
What if heat win 70+ plus games?

I think LeBron has plenty of chances getting it if his team has alot of wins if not then KD will get it if OKC will be better than last year and all healthy

MVP <> Best player on the best team. How can somebody be considered to have the most value any team in the NBA when that team also has dwyane wade and chris bosh? Gimme a break lol

Nahtanoj
07-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Hey Chris Paul should be on the list.