PDA

View Full Version : Wade/Lebron's legacy

BadOdor
07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Here's a scenario:

In the next 5 years, let's say the heat win 4 titles.

Where do you rank Lebron/Wade all time?

TheManFromAcme
07-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Wade may have a legacy (and that's a conservative "may") but Lebron will not have one. Stick a fork in him.

eyeh8u
07-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Wade may have a legacy (and that's a conservative "may") but Lebron will not have one. Stick a fork in him.

over reaction, if they win 4to5 titles they will rank among the best duos in history

Warlord23
07-09-2010, 02:45 PM
IMO if they dominate the league, win 65+ games and roll through the playoffs for 5 years with 4 titles, no NBA fan, casual or hardcore, is going to remember all the arguments that have been put forth in the last 2 days about LeBron being disloyal and a glorified sidekick. LeBron and Wade will be a dynasty and hailed as all time greats at their respective positions. Nobody will be calling them out for teaming up to go for glory. Magic/Kareem are (arguably) hailed as the best ever at their respective positions, despite playing with each other. Winning cures all, and fans have short memories.

In that scenario, I'd rank LeBron in the top 10 all-time and Wade in the top 15 all-time. They'd be the 3rd best duo after MJ/Pippen and Magic/Kareem.

The only way they are not ranked like that is if most of their title runs are plagued with biased refereeing ala the 2006 Heat or 2002 Lakers. But it's highly unlikely that happens in a blatant manner throughout a 4 year period.

monosylab1k
07-09-2010, 02:47 PM
They'll never be on Jordan's level obviously. After this they can't even get to Kobe/Magic/Bird level. But they'll still be legends of the game.

PM5K
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Magic/Kareem are (arguably) hailed as the best ever at their respective positions, despite playing with each other.

Yeah but the difference is they didn't plan that, there was mostly luck at play, just like how the Spurs got lucky with the Robinson injury and subsequent first round draft pick Tim Duncan.

I mean shit, people are still bitching about Gasol, you think they'll forget about this?

No fucking way.

BadOdor
07-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah but the difference is they didn't plan that, there was mostly luck at play, just like how the Spurs got lucky with the Robinson injury and subsequent first round draft pick Tim Duncan.

I mean shit, people are still bitching about Gasol, you think they'll forget about this?

No fucking way.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

The spurs tanked, spur fan. What's the point in even denying that anymore?

JamStone
07-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Based on the proposed scenario, 4 titles over the next 5 years, LeBron and Wade as a duo will probably go down as the best championship duo of all time, better than Shaq and Kobe and better than Michael and Scottie, simply because both are proven bonafide #1 guys where people still argue that about Kobe in that first Shaq-Kobe threepeat.

But as individuals, it's harder to say. What if each wins 2 Finals MVPs, so they split. Wade then has 3 Finals MVPs and is in elite company. But let's say, for example, LeBron wins all 4 Finals MVPs in those 4 titles. I think you can at least put him in the conversation of Kobe/Bird/Magic then. People will discredit and diminish it, just like Kobe critics. But, that won't change 4 championships and 4 Finals MVPs.

It really depends how things play out. Playing together, both LeBron and Wade stand to lose individual greatness. But as it applies so often, it's hard to get that individual greatness regardless if there isn't team success and championships.

picc84
07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Lebron will never surpass Wade.

As someone who likes Wade and doesn't like Lebron, thats fine with me.

Jacob1983
07-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Lebron's legacy still be damaged because it will say that he had to have Wade and Bosh in order to win a championship and couldn't do it as the main man and by himself. Wade's legacy will probably be the same. He's overrated. He had 4 games in the Finals where he shot a lot of free throws and made most of them. That's what he will be remembered as in my book. And he has STDs too. Lebron and Bosh better be careful and get checkups regularly.

Koolaid_Man
07-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Heat Fans Celebrate in July, Come April get run over by a WHEELCHAIR. Those old green SOB's are hard to put away. They want us again and I don't think the heat's 3 are tough enough to play 7gms with the Big 3. We know one of the heats 3 is a quitter. KG is gonna bark all year long until the playoffs, then the LeRobin wets himself. After the Heat take a seat, the Champs will show them how it's done again. #17 comes back to LA.

DMC
11-22-2018, 02:38 AM
:lol

"But Durbeta such a pussy"

Spurtacular
11-23-2018, 08:15 PM
They'll never be on Jordan's level obviously. After this they can't even get to Kobe/Magic/Bird level. But they'll still be legends of the game.

Bird beat Jordan 14x in a row including two playoff sweeps, you stupid fuck.

lefty
11-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Bird beat Jordan 14x in a row including two playoff sweeps, you stupid fuck.