PDA

View Full Version : Tell me he didn't say this...

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
I didn't waste my time waiting around for LeBron's statement because, honestly, I couldn't care less.

But I just saw this: "I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

Please tell me he didn't actually make that statement.
If he did, how full of oneself can one be? That's seriously disgusting. :vomit:

And people still support this moron?

I truly hope he ruined his legacy last night....all in one night. It would surely serve him right.

monosylab1k
07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
He damn near outdid Rickey Henderson with the third person self references as well.

monosylab1k
07-09-2010, 03:14 PM
LeBron James gotta do what LeBron James gotta do cuz at the end of the day what's best for LeBron James is what LeBron James gotta do for LeBron James and LeBron James' family.

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Oh, and this is an awesome article that I'm reading right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebrondecision070910

Kevin Durant 35
07-09-2010, 03:16 PM
He didnt have the right to leave?

BadOdor
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Him referring to himself in the third person for years now didn't raise any red flags?

in2deep
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Jerry: I don't know how you can eat that spicy chicken.
George: George likes spicy chicken.
Jerry: What's that?
George: I like spicy chicken.
Jerry: No, no. You said "GEORGE likes spicy chicken."
George: No, I didn't!
Elaine: Yes, you did. You said "George likes spicy chicken."
Jerry: You're turning into Jimmy!
George: (irritated) George is getting upset!

monosylab1k
07-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Of course he had the right to leave.

He didn't have to be a narcissistic prick and shit on his hometown on national TV while masturbating to his own greatness as he left.

DeadlyDynasty
07-09-2010, 03:21 PM
LeBron James gotta do what LeBron James gotta do cuz at the end of the day what's best for LeBron James is what LeBron James gotta do for LeBron James and LeBron James' family.
:lol...I miss Rickey

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 03:21 PM

He can go wherever he wants. It's the way he did it.

But my real beef with this narcissistic fool is that people actually apologize for his shortcomings and crown him "King" long before he ever deserved it. Actually, it remains to be seen if he will ever deserve it. What an idiot.
Karma, baby.

cornbread
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Lebron referring to his "talent" is one of the most annoying things in sports for me. I remember when he did it at his first All Star game. He kept on saying to the interviewers, "I just want to showcase my talents," or something like that. What an ass.

If you search "Lebron showcase my talents" it's a little disturbing to see how many hits you'll get.

himat
Oh, and this is an awesome article that I'm reading right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebrondecision070910

Very good article!:toast

Kevin Durant 35
Of course he had the right to leave.

He didn't have to be a narcissistic prick and shit on his hometown on national TV while masturbating to his own greatness as he left.

What does LeBron owe them? Hes just a B-Ball player

hater
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
poor guy. I feel sorry for him. He's been manhandled by businessmen since pre-18 years old. Dude is turning into a Michael Jackson type. You know, nobody really understands him, his reality has been distorted by fame and money.

I would not be surprised he has had gay sex with Dwade. They look and act like bisexuals IMHO

Hopefully he won't start sleeping with little kids anytime soon.

monosylab1k
07-09-2010, 03:24 PM
What does LeBron owe them? Hes just a B-Ball player

True. It just proves he's not a decent human being, and that's he's a massive prick. He has every right to be one.

hater
07-09-2010, 03:24 PM
True. It just proves he's not a decent human being, and that's he's a massive prick. He has every right to be one.

don't forget everytime he speaks, puppies die

Kevin Durant 35
07-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Imagine if he was born in LA played their for 7 years and left.
:lol laker fans :lol

monosylab1k
07-09-2010, 03:27 PM

tbh that wouldn't be a big deal to them.

"ho hum, just have Jerry West trade us another star"

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Hes just a B-Ball player

Truer words were never spoken - "He is JUST a basketball player."

He isn't saving the world with his work, he isn't making it a better place, and that so-called charity that was set up to justify this circus was done for one reason and one reason only - to benefit him, not the children. He used them as a stage prop. What a shame.

He is JUST a basketball player. Can the sports world and LeBron fans quit calling him God now? Because I promise you, "God," he is NOT.

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 03:29 PM

If he was born in LA and played there, he wouldn't be anything more than a basketball player. In LA, legends and stars are everywhere. But he was in Cleveland. It's a far bigger deal to them.

Bender
07-09-2010, 03:29 PM
SFF sighting!

I was wondering what happened to her.

Kevin Durant 35
07-09-2010, 03:31 PM
SFF I agree with you about nicknaming him. No basketball player deserves to be called God, King, etc

hater
07-09-2010, 03:34 PM
SFF I agree with you about nicknaming him. No basketball player deserves to be called God, King, etc

yup, that's only for soccer players

baseline bum
07-09-2010, 03:35 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__57/ept_sports_nba_experts-361198929-1278690179.jpg?ymDeNbDDNdEwQNyO

:lmao

Kevin Durant 35
07-09-2010, 03:37 PM
yup, that's only for soccer players

No athletes deserve to be called that!

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 03:37 PM
SFF sighting!

I was wondering what happened to her.

:lol Just taking a break from the world of sports. Summers are a nice time to do that.
I read through here sometimes, though.

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 03:38 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__57/ept_sports_nba_experts-361198929-1278690179.jpg?ymDeNbDDNdEwQNyO

:lmao

haha nice!

Seeing this picture makes me wonder if maybe the Vitamin Water "made him do it."

Cry Havoc
07-09-2010, 03:48 PM
haha nice!

Seeing this picture makes me wonder if maybe the Vitamin Water "made him do it."

We're incredibly lucky as Spurs fans to have one of the few multiple NBA Champion, NBA MVP, Finals MVP players in history, and one of the precious few in the GoAT players that doesn't have a huge ego about him.

It's amazing how consistently the Spurs field teams that seem to very balanced as far as maturity goes. When the worst thing you have to worry about is whether or not a player is playing basketball in the off-season, or nude pictures have floated about one of your bench players, you know you've got a squad full of character players. The NBA probably has the most problems as far as it's association with subversive culture goes, and yet the Spurs are one of the best teams in all of sports, as far as being role models to younger players goes.

List the top 50 players in NBA history, and then highlight the ones that didn't have a massive ego. You won't find many, especially since the mid-80s. So yeah, LeBron has an ego. So did Jordan, and Bird, and Shaq, and just about every big name player you can think of.

Smooth Criminal
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
I didn't waste my time waiting around for LeBron's statement because, honestly, I couldn't care less.

But I just saw this: "I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

Please tell me he didn't actually make that statement.
If he did, how full of oneself can one be? That's seriously disgusting. :vomit:

And people still support this moron?

I truly hope he ruined his legacy last night....all in one night. It would surely serve him right.
Of all the egotistical things he's done that was pretty tame...
Kobe once said ''I'm taking my talents to the NBA''
LeBron said more arrogant things than that on The Decision

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Of all the egotistical things he's done that was pretty tame...
Kobe once said ''I'm taking my talents to the NBA''
LeBron said more arrogant things than that on The Decision

Fortunately, for me, I don't follow him or waste my time on listening to anything he says.
But I was reading the article (link above) above, and it mentioned this quote, and I instantly felt nauseous. It doesn't surprise me at all that he's made more egotistical comments than that in the past. What DOES continue to surprise me is that there are people still supporting this loser. What a jerk.

Thank God I'm a Spurs fan.