PDA

View Full Version : Miami Sports fans

DeadlyDynasty
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Now that they have a superteam in the Miami Heat, will they change their usual "show up midway through the 2nd quarter and leave at the end of the 3rd routine?" I lived down there for 15 years and that's how it was at Dolphin games too. Hopefully the "fans" realize what they have here and give these guys a good homecourt advantage:toast

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Seeing as how the price of a ticket probably just went through the roof I expect people will be showing up. If I were paying what Miami fans will be I'd make sure I got every last damn second of basketball I have coming to me.

JoeTait75
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
I lived down there for 15 years and that's how it was at Dolphin games too.

To give them credit, I heard they do get behind the Dolphins. Although there's always a lot of brown-and-orange in the stands when the Browns play down there.

DeadlyDynasty
07-09-2010, 04:43 PM
To give them credit, I heard they do get behind the Dolphins. Although there's always a lot of brown-and-orange in the stands when the Browns play down there.

To be fair, Miami has too many transplants to have a loyal fanbase. The Dolphins and Canes are the most heavily supported, but anytime the Jets are in town it's like Meadowlands South. In fact most visiting team's fans tend to take over Joe Robbie (I still call it that:lol).

They don't give a fuck about the Fish or the Panthers down there (my favorite teams in the MLB and NHL b/c they came into existence while i was down there), and the Heat were very ehhhhh down there