PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Splitter is a Spur, baby!

DMX7
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Finally, according to ESPN 1250 and Ticket 760!

This dude is sick. Spainish league MVP this year too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiago_Splitter

monosylab1k
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Wow, the Spurs might actually be contenders if not for that bullshit last night.

DJ Mbenga
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/TheWoodenBlock/coolstorybro3.jpg

Greg Oden
07-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Dirk and Pau can forget about scoring anymore points against SA.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2010, 04:41 PM
:rollin
Wow, the Spurs might actually be contenders if not for that bullshit last night.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/TheWoodenBlock/coolstorybro3.jpg

IronMexican
07-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Good for SA. From what I hear about him, he's a very good player.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Glory Be!

Muser
07-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Cubby can I go back to being a San Antonio Spurs fan now?

Blake
07-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Splitter can run the floor, has great footwork and can really run the pick and roll, but has one of the weirdest looking hook shots Ive ever seen

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Sure, but, I ain't fergettin' what happened last night. Yer payin' for that, Muse, come Hell or high water.

Muser
07-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Sure, but, I ain't fergettin' what happened last night. Yer payin' for that, Muse, come Hell or high water.

I'm sorry, it won't happen again.

tdunk21
07-09-2010, 04:49 PM
fuck yeah

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry, it won't happen again.

Ok, buddy-boy, yer back in the good graces of the Culburn.

Go, join your Spurs Brothers in celebration as Spitter comes to Texas.

DeadlyDynasty
Haven't seen to much of him but from what I have seen he looks like he could be pretty solid for you guys........................that's if Pop decided to play him more than 10 minutes a game

Mugen

We gotz protection Muser, the princess has Culbys globes in a miami vice grip.

damn shame, really.

8FOR!3
07-09-2010, 04:51 PM
The savior has finally come over. Let's all rejoice together guys. There's God, Tiago Splitter, and then the rest of us suckers.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
We gotz protection Muser, the princess has Culbys globes in a miami vice grip.

damn shame, really.

It was either Kori's vice grip, or, long walks with Katie-girl.

I chose Kori's vice grip and have never looked back.

DAF86
07-09-2010, 04:55 PM
If Bonner gets more playing time than Splitter I will fly to SA only to kick Pop in the nut-sack.

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
The problem is he's a center. Meaning he and Duncan can't really play together against most teams.

badfish22
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
who?

DAF86
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
The problem is he's a center. Meaning he and Duncan can't really play together against most teams.

You mean like Robinson and Duncan?

DMX7
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM

Tim can play powerforward or center. This guy may be able to as well.

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM

Exactly. Which one of those two can gaurd Dirk, Lamar, Bosh?

But is he going to be the center or PF?

If he is more mobile than tim i would guess PF but that menas duncan has to ACTUALLY play his natural position ... OMG!!!

BadOdor
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM

He's actually very mobile, he can move out to the perimeter to guard bigs(duncan can't).

Overall, it's a very good signing for the spurs - sadly it's a few years too late.

DAF86
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Exactly. Which one of those two can gaurd Dirk, Lamar, Bosh?

But is he going to be the center or PF?

If he is more mobile than tim i would guess PF but that menas duncan has to ACTUALLY play his natural position ... OMG!!!

Splitter is very mobile for a big man.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Overall, it's a very good signing for the spurs - sadly it's a few years too late.

Not really, just about 20 hours too late.

Tails tucked, here they come, back to the Spurs like billy be jiggered.

ha, ha.

BadOdor
07-09-2010, 05:06 PM

ha, ha.

Crucify them cubby, send their asses to the tree of woe!

Muser
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM

ha, ha.

Cubby i'm proud of my Spurs, god bless.

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
You mean like Robinson and Duncan?

Duncan was a power forward for the first 8 years of his career. As a Spurs fan you know that.

Even if you fudge and count Duncan as a center early in his career, a total of two twin towers combos have ever worked out. A ton of teams tried dual center teams back in the 80s and 90s and failed. In today's game? Pffffft. Those combos were Sampson/Hakeem and Duncan/Robinson. Both those Rockets were tremendously athletic and Duncan was at his athletic peak and Robinson still had enough of his otherwordly athleticism from his younger days. These two Spurs aren't athletic enough to play together in today's game against most teams.

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM

ha, ha.

LOL what happened to the spurfanbase Cully?

What EXACTLY did Phoenix do to these guys?

they still had all this false bravado last year ...

The it's early still threads ...

Wait til parker gets healthy thread...

Manu looks like himself ...

Bynum LOL threads ...

Kobe will breakdown ...

Artest will self-destruct ...

Now?

They concede the WC to us and the title to the Heat ...

It's a sad day in spurstalk ...

I guess we must welcome the heat trolls and the San Antonio heat to get our flame on with Lakers brethren ...sad indeed.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Crucify them cubby, send their asses to the tree of woe!

They're linin' up voluntarily, Bad. God bless 'em.

poop
THE SAVIOUR HAS FINALLY ARRIVED...oh brother

Mugen
just ordered my spurs/heat reversible jersey.

We Staaaaaaaaaaaaaackeeeeed

Muser
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
So what nickname does Splitter get? Blair got Barkley and Anderson got something I can't remember.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Cubby i'm proud of my Spurs, god bless.

You strayed, Muse, but, you've returned to the bosom of your Spur's family.

Stand over there with the others and prepare yourself for either a vice grip upon your globes by The Princess OR a long walk with Katie-girl, where she never shut the fuck up for the entire stroll.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
just ordered my spurs/heat reversible jersey.

We Staaaaaaaaaaaaaackeeeeed
:lol

FkLA
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM
who?

he's not quite wilt but hey atleast he's not getting 55 million over 5 years like brenda

DAF86
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Duncan was a power forward for the first 8 years of his career. As a Spurs fan you know that.

Even if you fudge and count Duncan as a center early in his career, a total of two twin towers combos have ever worked out. A ton of teams tried dual center teams back in the 80s and 90s and failed. In today's game? Pffffft. Those combos were Sampson/Hakeem and Duncan/Robinson. Both those Rockets were tremendously athletic and Duncan was at his athletic peak and Robinson still had enough of his otherwordly athleticism from his younger days. These two Spurs aren't athletic enough to play together in today's game against most teams.

Gasol and Bynum? and FYI Splitter is athletic enough.

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I welcome the Heat fans with open arms ...

the rest of the fanbases (most, not all) here are already bending over and biting a pillow ...pathetic.

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
He has nowhere near Gasol's quickness. Every scouting report says this. Plus he can't make teams pay down low for guarding him with stretch four types like Gasol can.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I welcome the Heat fans with open arms ...

the rest of the fanbases (most, not all) here are already bending over and biting a pillow ...pathetic.

It is sad, Killa.

My Fault
07-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Unproven in the NBA and not offically signed. Calm down Spurs fans

Booharv
07-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Laker fans are lying if they say they aren't as fascinated as the rest of us to see how this Heat teaming will work out. They'll probably be watching tons of their games just like the rest of the NBA's fan base.

Supergirl
07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
link????

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Laker fans are lying if they say they aren't as fascinated as the rest of us to see how this Heat teaming will work out. They'll probably be watching tons of their games just like the rest of the NBA's fan base.

Sure, I'm curious, but, I won't watch unless they're having problems, and/or, injuries, then I'll watch.

Booharv
07-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Sure, I'm curious, but, I won't watch unless they're having problems, and/or, injuries, then I'll watch.

So you're more a Lakers fan than an NBA fan then? Any fan of the league would want to watch this team's games for their historical significance. It's like a teaming up of Magic and Jordan with a Chris Webber type thrown. If not on a mindset level, on a talent level at least.

I mean assuming you have League Pass, if they're playing a playoff level team on a night the Lakers have off I have a hard time believing an average NBA fan would watch something else.

ulosturedge
07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Thank God...I think we finally got a guy who can be considered a legitimate center again. Tired of our string of fake centers aka Kurt Thomas, Bonner, Dice, Blair, yada yada yada. Having Duncan cover the entire paint was garbage.

Lets get back in there Spurs! :ihit

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I'll wsatch Im a bball junkie and what is the over/under on Televised Heat games?

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
It is sad, Killa.

We might have to go takeover the Heat NBa forum my Lakers brethren ...

If i wanted to be around a bunch of Kobe worshipers or people that all rooted for one team I would go to Club Lakers ...

I go to LG but post here wayy more ...but we dont have any real opposition here anymore ...

The Kobe/Laker haters have joined the Heat sad ....

I at least respected the fans that talked shit reppin the Celts, suns, Spurs, Mavs and OKC ...etc.

Now? they all turned yella....

All bitch-made.

4>0rings
07-09-2010, 07:07 PM
If Bonner gets more playing time than Splitter I will fly to SA only to kick Pop in the nut-sack.
Paypal? I will buy your plane ticket.

easy7
07-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Paypal? I will buy your plane ticket.

Hell, I will bail him out of jail...

Dunc n Dave
07-09-2010, 08:41 PM
We might have to go takeover the Heat NBa forum my Lakers brethren ...

If i wanted to be around a bunch of Kobe worshipers or people that all rooted for one team I would go to Club Lakers ...

I go to LG but post here wayy more ...but we dont have any real opposition here anymore ...

The Kobe/Laker haters have joined the Heat sad ....

I at least respected the fans that talked shit reppin the Celts, suns, Spurs, Mavs and OKC ...etc.

Now? they all turned yella....

All bitch-made.

:wowYou sure have become an arrogant ass this summer, killa. I don't remember you acting this way last off season. I think luva, Culburn, and the rest of the Laker trolls are rubbing off on you...

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Dunc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweetheart!!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have ya heard the latest? I smell skunk.

picc84
07-09-2010, 08:55 PM
If Splitter starts at center, does Bosh or Duncan come off the bench?

Dunc n Dave
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Dunc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweetheart!!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have ya heard the latest? I smell skunk.

New material? Good for you Culburn. I see they are giving you hell for the "tree of woe" line and you managed to piss off Kori...yet again....

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
New material? Good for you Culburn. I see they are giving you hell for the "tree of woe" line and you managed to piss off Kori...yet again....

I'm a trend setter, Dunc.

I set trends.

Dunc n Dave
07-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm a trend setter, Dunc.

I set trends.

I walked into that one. Just let you dust that one off...

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I'll say it again the two center lineup doesn't work if both guys are average athletically like these two. Especially in today's NBA with all the stretch fours. All the reports I've read peg his athleticism below someone like Gasol's who has pretty good quickness for his size. Plus the Lakers have Odom to bring in and match up against stretch fours. The Spurs have no one to guard all the stretch fours in the league now.

That lineup will get killed against uptempo teams.

TinTin
07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
He has nowhere near Gasol's quickness. Every scouting report says this. Plus he can't make teams pay down low for guarding him with stretch four types like Gasol can.

No one is comparing him to Gasol or Dirk.

He moves at a respectable pace for a big and spurs are just ejaculating because it is a welcome upgrade over bonner or any of other spurs bigs

Even though Bonner is still going to play more minutes than him

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I walked into that one. Just let you dust that one off...

Your capitulation is duly noted, Dunc.

"Now go back and get your fuckin' shine box!"

TinTin
07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I'll say it again the two center lineup doesn't work if both guys are average athletically like these two. Especially in today's NBA with all the stretch fours. All the reports I've read peg his athleticism below someone like Gasol's who has pretty good quickness for his size. Plus the Lakers have Odom to bring in and match up against stretch fours. The Spurs have no one to guard all the stretch fours in the league now.

That lineup will get killed against uptempo teams.

So you are saying Splitter can't guard any of the stretch 4s in the league and he moves about the same pace as duncan?

Link to those reports you read?

SevenX
07-09-2010, 09:28 PM

Gasol and Bynum weren't working that well in the beginning of the season. Gasol was playing too much like a center, and he wasn't utilizing his jumpers nor could he hit them. He started utilizing it and hitting them towards the end of the season and the playoffs.

Good signing for the Spurs. Tim hasn't had a legitimate twin tower partner in a while. Duncan can hit the jumper like Gasol can too and he can take you off the dribble with skill despite his lack of quickness. Splitter shouldn't have trouble fitting in.

I look forward to the front court battles the Spurs and Lakers will have. :toast

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
So you are saying Splitter can't guard any of the stretch 4s in the league and he moves about the same pace as duncan?

Link to those reports you read?

It's common knowledge. He's never been listed as a great athlete for a 6'10-7'0 guy like a KG or an Odom. Your own team's GM compared him to Varejao, who couldn't check Rashard Lewis in the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. He's going to be having to stay with stretch fours as they sprint to the three point line in translation and run the wings on fast breaks. Good luck with that.

ezau
07-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Our team could have been up there if not for that faggot Lebron doing his shit last night.

My Fault
07-09-2010, 10:07 PM
It's common knowledge. He's never been listed as a great athlete for a 6'10-7'0 guy like a KG or an Odom. Your own team's GM compared him to Varejao, who couldn't check Rashard Lewis in the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. He's going to be having to stay with stretch fours as they sprint to the three point line in translation and run the wings on fast breaks. Good luck with that.

:lol so all this talking like a expert yet you've seen not even one minute of the guy play?

lefty
07-09-2010, 10:14 PM

:depressed

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 10:21 PM
:lol so all this talking like a expert yet you've seen not even one minute of the guy play?

Now you're left to random guessing. Sad. I've seen him play, but instead of quoting my own personal observations, I thought you would pay attention to your own GM more. But you just ignored that. Understanding, as it was devastating to your case.

I've watched a few Euroleague games of him when he was younger and played with Scola and some highlights. You don't need to watch 50 games to see someone's athleticism. He's similar to Varejao or a slightly slower Joakim Noah in athleticism. If that. Good luck playing with two centers on the court who are average athletes in 2010.

My Fault
07-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Now you're left to random guessing. Sad. I've seen him play, but instead of quoting my own personal observations, I thought you would pay attention to your own GM more. But you just ignored that. Understanding, as it was devastating to your case.

I've watched a few Euroleague games of him when he was younger and played with Scola and some highlights. You don't need to watch 50 games to see someone's athleticism. He's similar to Varejao or a slightly slower Joakim Noah in athleticism. If that. Good luck playing with two centers on the court who are average athletes in 2010.

So if RC says he's similar to Varejao then I'm suppose to take that as all I need to know? Without actually watching him myself? If RC said Dirk is just a jump shooting big with little athleticism, it's all I need to know right? Because RC said it?

I watch Tiago myself and while I don't expect him to be a Dirk/Pau stopper I think he'll do a fair job. Better than Bonner or Dice. I don't expect much as he has yet to play in the NBA. So it doesn't really matter what anyone says till he actually plays a NBA game and faces those guys. So when you say he won't help I have disagree base off what I've seen.

DMX7
07-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Good luck playing with two centers on the court who are average athletes in 2010.

:lmao

7 foot average athelete my fucking ass :lol

aszI1ETzII4

White Power!!!

slick'81
07-09-2010, 11:38 PM
that break away slam was sic tiago!! FTW!!

Shastafarian
07-09-2010, 11:41 PM
White power mix?

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 11:41 PM
:lmao

7 foot average athelete my fucking ass :lol

aszI1ETzII4

White Power!!!
Unfortunately the video of Buford calling him Varejao wasn't up on youtube last I checked. Plus there's not much really impressive in that video anyway.

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
:wowYou sure have become an arrogant ass this summer, killa. I don't remember you acting this way last off season. I think luva, Culburn, and the rest of the Laker trolls are rubbing off on you...

I must admit some of these pissants have brought out my piss and vinegar ...sorry LOL

BUT

You have to admit Dunc ...the site has changed.

Spur fans used to post about THEIR team ...and they had such pride in Duncan Manu and Pop... I know i LIVED there in SA for 3 years ...and they did NOT concede shit to us or to anyone.

I KNOW the Heat look strong ...Id be dumb or blind not to admit it ...

But the REASON why i came to this site because of the great back and forth between the Spur and Pistons fans ...

I guess i wish more folks (all teams) would stand bewhind their OWN team and FTW!!!

But it seems there are only a few like yourself that do so ...

Oh and blame Harlem, Midnight and Miamiheat for the new me ...

Luva, Cobbler and Cully are my Laker brothers ... but I follow my own path!!

Sidenote: i was asking a legit question ...what has happened to the REAL spur fan? the pride seems to be replaced by a lot of hate not just on the Lakers either ...

LoneStarState'sPride
07-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Oh fuck yes!

Just hope he's not too attached to that number 21 tho :lol

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Tbh Brendan Haywood's youtube video look more athletic than Tiago and no one's ever confused him with the 1995 version of David Robinson in terms of athleticism.

ppGJi3pM1gE

Splitter's a good center. Unfortunately, you guys already have one. And the twin center thing has worked like twice.

DMX7
07-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Unfortunately the video of Buford calling him Varejao wasn't up on youtube last I checked. Plus there's not much really impressive in that video anyway.

Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Da kids a player, you'll learn the hard way though.

Spursfan092120
07-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Yeah...nothing impressive...I mean, every day you see a 7 footer picking a pass off at the 3 point line and breaking away for a reverse slam. Happens all the time...totally average 7 footer.

DMX7
07-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Tbh Brendan Haywood's youtube video look more athletic than Tiago and no one's ever confused him with the 1995 version of David Robinson in terms of athleticism.

ppGJi3pM1gE

I don't know who you're arguing with. I'm not saying anybody is the next David Robinson. Throwing this Brendan Haywood thing out there is completely random, as if athleticism = greatness. I don't know if you know this but Tim Duncan has never really been Dr. J himself, yet he has 4 rings. There's more to basketball than being an athlete.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2010, 12:10 AM
lakerfan is impressively insecure.

TinTin
07-10-2010, 12:14 AM

We were talking about mobility. I think he has respectable movement for a bigman and his athleticism is between average and great. Not every team has a Kg or an odom

I don't see how that is still not enough to keep up stretch fours.

And the whole argument that having Duncan and Splitter simultaneously wont work is garbage. You can't talk about positions being absolute otherwise there would be nothing called match ups or interchangeable F/C

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't know who you're arguing with. I'm not saying anybody is the next David Robinson. Throwing this Brendan Haywood thing out there is completely random, as if athleticism = greatness. I don't know if you know this but Tim Duncan has never really been Dr. J himself, yet he has 4 rings. There's more to basketball than being an athlete.

The Robinson comment was deriding Haywood. The point is Splitter is no more of an athlete than Haywood who's nothing special.

DMX7
07-10-2010, 12:19 AM
The point is Splitter is no more of an athlete than Haywood who's nothing special.

and that's important because...?

Killakobe81
07-10-2010, 12:19 AM
LOL first we were insecure now we are arrogant which is it?

First Splitter was a savior now he doesnt garuntee contender status ...bi-polar shit.

Look i apologize to any real fans of the Spurs (or any other squads)

Im just reppin my squad and hope others do the same ..

but the bitchmade bandwaggoners... I ask for no quarter and I give none ...

Mugen
07-10-2010, 12:22 AM

First Splitter was a savior now he doesnt garuntee contender status ...bi-polar shit.

its funny to picture you saying this in real life.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2010, 12:23 AM
LOL first we were insecure now we are arrogant which is it?It's quite possible and logical to be both.

TampaDude
07-10-2010, 12:24 AM
its funny to picture you saying this in real life.

He'd get shot. :lol

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
and that's important because...?
Read through the thread I explained why.

I'm arguing against the two center lineup working in today's league especially if the two centers (Duncan and Splitter) are average athletes. I'm not arguing Splitter isn't good. Hell, on a team like OKC he'd be a god send. Gasol and Bynum works in LAL because Gasol is very quick on his feet plus they have Odom who can come in and guard stretch fours if necessary.

ElNono
07-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Read through the thread I explained why.

I'm arguing against the two center lineup working in today's league especially if the two centers (Duncan and Splitter) are average athletes. I'm not arguing Splitter isn't good. Hell, on a team like OKC he'd be a god send. Gasol and Bynum works in LAL because Gasol is very quick on his feet plus they have Odom who can come in and guard stretch fours if necessary.

We have Bonner now to guard stretch fours ...

Killakobe81
07-10-2010, 12:29 AM
He'd get shot. :lol

By who?

I lived in Sa ... that place is soft. I never once feared for my life ...

I wore my Lakers gear everywhere ...

I went to the AT&T and we Lakers acted like we owned the place ...
I remember Mike Taylor bitching about it on his weakass show before i left ...

BTW that was great ...aformer Spurhater Mike Taylor running your Spurstalk show LMAO ...

Mugen
07-10-2010, 12:30 AM
testify, killa. take that Dude to grandma's house and crucify em.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 12:37 AM
By who?

BTW that was great ...aformer Spurhater Mike Taylor running your Spurstalk show LMAO ...

Sounds like you acted like a ginormous douche bag.

DMX7
07-10-2010, 12:41 AM
By who?

I've seen Laker transplants in San Antonio with their Lakers gear. You can tell they're too poor to live in L.A. (the parts that aren't gang ridden).

4>0rings
07-10-2010, 12:43 AM
but the bitchmade bandwaggoners...All the while this dumb nigga lives in Texas, probably home schooled. :lmao:lmao:lmao

Killakobe81
07-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Sounds like you acted like a ginormous douche bag.

Maybe. I dont care. I pay my ducats to go to a game in another teams city I rep my squad and and I yell and cheer win or lose I get my $'s worth.

One of the best was When Mason hit that shot after Kobe did the BIG balls dance ...

So we ... lost but it was fun!! Spur fans talked shit I talked back. It was great times ...

AND THAT is what I miss on here ...now it's all this one is a rapist, Collusion, injuries, Stern wants this ...it used be healthy trashtalk ...

I miss the old spurstalk NBA forum ...even beforeI joined i used to read the Piston vs. Spur stuff ...

This All-spurstalk was supposed to help ...but it hasnt. dont get me wrong SOME Lkare fans on here are part of the problem ...but the lack of Quality Spur posts are to blame as well ..

Killakobe81
07-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I've seen Laker transplants in San Antonio with their Lakers gear. You can tell they're too poor to live in L.A. (the parts that aren't gang ridden).

I lived North of StoneOak
I lived in LA for over 20 years but nice try
I lived in New York

I live in Frisco now ...

I have lived in rich and poor areas so what is the point?

4>0rings
07-10-2010, 12:50 AM
So go back to living in LA then.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2010, 12:50 AM
You lived on the means streets of Bulverde?

Killakobe81
07-10-2010, 01:00 AM
LOL Not one person has spoke up about what happened to the Spurs confidence, pride or SWAG ...

All i got was more of the same crap ...stay Classy NBA forum ...

Mugen
07-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Killa got his swag circa February 2008.

When will you get yours back Spurfan?

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 01:30 AM
I must admit some of these pissants have brought out my piss and vinegar ...sorry LOL

BUT

Spur fans used to post about THEIR team ...and they had such pride in Duncan Manu and Pop... I know i LIVED there in SA for 3 years ...and they did NOT concede shit to us or to anyone.

But the REASON why i came to this site because of the great back and forth between the Spur and Pistons fans ...

I guess i wish more folks (all teams) would stand bewhind their OWN team and FTW!!!

Sidenote: i was asking a legit question ...what has happened to the REAL spur fan? the pride seems to be replaced by a lot of hate not just on the Lakers either ...

?????

All I do is talk shit about the Lakers.

I thought that's what you wanted, the back-and-forth banter between fans of rival teams?

Booharv
07-10-2010, 01:36 AM
I think with the Celtics and Lakers making the Finals the league might be moving away from the stretch four/perimeter fours type lineups. I mean how many starters are there on playoff teams that are stretch fours? Lewis, Jeff Green, maybe Josh Smith since he can handle the ball? Diaw? I understand if teams go small one of Splitter and Duncan will have to come out of the game, but I don't see it being that big of a problem.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-10-2010, 02:27 AM
For people saying Splitter is also a power forward you are wrong. He is a center. Has always played center in Baskonia and Brazil national team. I never remember him playing at power forward.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-10-2010, 03:19 AM
For people saying Splitter is also a power forward you are wrong. He is a center. Has always played center in Baskonia and Brazil national team. I never remember him playing at power forward.

Then I'm sure Duncan will be ecstatic to return to the 4 spot

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 03:58 AM
It's quite possible and logical to be both.

Dumper, showin' his pink team ass.

Matzel, Matzel, good things!

Спурс_Фан
07-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Tim 'n Tiago = dynamite TnT duo
SO fuckin' COOL :flag:

benefactor
07-10-2010, 08:35 AM
LOL Not one person has spoke up about what happened to the Spurs confidence, pride or SWAG ...

All i got was more of the same crap ...stay Classy NBA forum ...
Most of the decent Spur fans don't bother coming downstairs much. Save the occasional funny topic, the NBA forum is approaching the cesspool status it had when it got shut down a while back...and it's the fault of multiple fan bases, not just one.

My Fault
07-10-2010, 09:33 AM

Doesn't matter anyways. He's going to sign with the Raptors right?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-10-2010, 11:45 AM

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652

Dunc n Dave
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM

BUT

Killa,

I agree the site has changed somewhat. Some posters spend 10x as much of their time on here trolling as they do talking bball. But since Kori and tim have decided not to police it too much, it's just something we gotta deal with it in the NBA Forum.

Despite the super team they are building in Miami, I am still a Spurs fan 100% and hope the Spurs can beat the odds this year by taking out the champion Lakers in the WCF and then the Heat in the Finals.

As for the hate goin on toward the Lakers and Heat... what do you expect?

Both teams are STACKED with talent, and are naturally the front runners for the upcoming season. While the other the 28 teams would LOVE to have as many talented players as the Lakers and Heat, the fact that we DON'T will lead to rooting for the demise of the more talented teams.

Example: I was scared shitless for the Spurs in 2004 when the Lakers assembled their own dream team of Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton and took great pleasure in every Laker loss that year. When they blew it in the Finals, I was on cloud 9. Even though the Spurs had a chance that year to knock them off, like many Spurs fans, I was glad to see that much talent FAIL.

Now there are 2 super teams with the Heat getting a lot of attention, so there is hate directed at both teams, while anti-Laker fans have hope that there is now a team capable of mopping the floor with the Lakers. Fans of the other 28 teams will hope that both teams fail to make the Finals, but if they do make it, those of us that are tired of the Lakers will probably root for Miami.

ON a sidenote: before yesterday, there wasn't much news coming out of the Spurs camp this off season, so what did you expect Spurs fans to talk about if not talk about the Heat?

Kindergarten Cop
07-10-2010, 12:05 PM

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 12:07 PM
#15 was bad enough on this Board.

The skunker the Suns laid on the Spurs was just peaches.

#16 was the livin' end on this Board.

Let us proceed...

rascal
07-10-2010, 12:30 PM
I saw the only black guy (who is quicker and he wasn't even a big guy) he went up against block his shot. Splitter looks to have a poor verticle jump (even with a running start) but with his height and arm lengh he can get up on his dunks. He is also dunking on inferior shorter players than what he is going to see in the nba. I did not see much of a perimeter shot in any of these highlights. He will have to develope some type of shot because he will not be getting to the basket for easy dunks like in these video highlights as easily in the nba.

Handles the ball well for a big man and looks to be a good passer. He will work well with Parker cutting to the basket.

I dont expect him to be a good rebounder or shot blocker.

He will be an upgrade from what the spurs had at center last year but temper expectations that he is some type of team savior.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Dumper, showin' his pink team ass.

Matzel, Matzel, good things!Cul examines men's asses.

Not women's asses.

Agloco
07-10-2010, 01:42 PM

:rolleyes

Agloco
07-10-2010, 01:44 PM

KBP getting pwned once again, priceless......... :lol

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
:rolleyes
Great take.

DAF86
07-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Great take.

What else do you want people to do? Many have told you that Splitter is pretty mobile and you still say that he isn't.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM
What else do you want people to do? Many have told you that Splitter is pretty mobile and you still say that he isn't.

No one's really argued that he's mobile. Everyone's admitted that he's less mobile than Gasol and that the Spurs have no Odom to put in and guard stretch fours/long threes if necessary. As a matter of fact, people have posted a youtube video that makes a decent athlete like Brendan Haywood look like a better athlete than him.

DAF86
07-10-2010, 04:12 PM
No one's really argued that he's mobile. Everyone's admitted that he's less mobile than Gasol and that the Spurs have no Odom to put in and guard stretch fours/long threes if necessary. As a matter of fact, people have posted a youtube video that makes a decent athlete like Brendan Haywood look like a better athlete than him.

Have you seen him play? He's pretty mobile, he's definitely mobile enough to play along side Duncan.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Have you seen him play? He's pretty mobile, he's definitely mobile enough to play along side Duncan.

:rolleyes Read through the thread.

And good luck with the two center lineup in 2010. :tu

Harry Callahan
07-10-2010, 05:46 PM

I saw your Brenda video,
He's just a guy. I like the fact that I'm seeing Rick Fox and David Robinson in his mix tape, which goes back almost a decade.

Tiago Splitter will be a markedly better BASKETBALL PLAYER than the guy that just got $55MM for six years from Markie Cuban - a 30 year old guy who I don't believe has a high basketball IQ and on top of that was essentially a non-factor in the playoffs.

Coach Pop can mix and match his lineups pretty well and will get effective play out of Splitter next year.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 05:58 PM
I saw your Brenda video,
He's just a guy. I like the fact that I'm seeing Rick Fox and David Robinson in his mix tape, which goes back almost a decade.

Tiago Splitter will be a markedly better BASKETBALL PLAYER than the guy that just got $55MM for six years from Markie Cuban - a 30 year old guy who I don't believe has a high basketball IQ and on top of that was essentially a non-factor in the playoffs.

Coach Pop can mix and match his lineups pretty well and will get effective play out of Splitter next year.

You're not reading anything in this thread except for this page I guess. Go back and read through it. I dealt with everything you brought up repeatedly already.

Harry Callahan
07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
You're getting too hung up on the two center thing.

There's enough minutes on the floor to get Duncan and Splitter plenty of minutes in different ways at different times. The Spurs will be better able to go big with many teams in the league. Splitter and Duncan will share the 5 and the 4. Popovich is a fairly smart guy who can make it work.

SA was not a tall team up front last year and Splitter will help a lot in that way.

We Spurs fans are excited about a good prospect coming here next year. Splitter will be effective here very soon in my opinion and a lot of other people share that opinion - including NBA GMs who know a lot more about basketball than you or me.

You are trying to compare Splitter with four players who were first picks in the draft (Sampson, Olajuwon, Robinson, Duncan) which is totally unrealistic. It's obvious he's not in that class. Howevr, he will contribute in SA in a very positive way.

BTW, I suspect the majority of NBA GMs would rather have Splitter on their roster than Haywood.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 08:48 PM
You're getting too hung up on the two center thing.

There's enough minutes on the floor to get Duncan and Splitter plenty of minutes in different ways at different times. The Spurs will be better able to go big with many teams in the league. Splitter and Duncan will share the 5 and the 4. Popovich is a fairly smart guy who can make it work.

SA was not a tall team up front last year and Splitter will help a lot in that way.

We Spurs fans are excited about a good prospect coming here next year. Splitter will be effective here very soon in my opinion and a lot of other people share that opinion - including NBA GMs who know a lot more about basketball than you or me.

You are trying to compare Splitter with four players who were first picks in the draft (Sampson, Olajuwon, Robinson, Duncan) which is totally unrealistic. It's obvious he's not in that class. Howevr, he will contribute in SA in a very positive way.

I hope you've read through the thread. If not let me repeat myself for the fifth time: I said a few times I don't think Splitter is a bad player, again he would be great on a team like OKC that doesn't already have an all-star center. His athleticism would be fine if he only had to play and guard centers. He will definitely help against certain teams, but if Spurs fans think he and Duncan are going to be on the floor together a lot or most of the time they're in for a big surprise. And even if they do play them together a lot its doomed to failure against any team that goes small. Especially since from what I've seen Splitter can't stay with perimeter fours or make them pay in the low post since by most accounts his post game is decent but not that great.

The only reason I compared Splitter to four number one picks is because those are the only teams that supposedly played two centers together in the same starting lineup (but again Duncan was a power forward his first eight years). Also, I wasn't saying he needed to be in same skill level as those guys but I was saying athletically those guys had some very good athletes in the mix and that's why they could play together. If Splitter was had the foot speed of someone along the likes of Odom or Kenyon Martin this wouldn't be a problem.

Teams like the Knicks in the 80s when they had Bill Cartwright (who once upon a time was a 20 ppg scorer and low post threat http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cartwbi01.html) and Ewing tried starting two centers and it failed and they shipped Cartwright out. And that was in the 80s. Two average athletes that are centers like Splitter and Duncan really can't stay on the floor against a lot of teams in today's league.

Just know, there's probably going to be a lot of games where Splitter only plays 15 minutes a game as Duncan's backup. And since Blair really only played as Duncan's backup for a lot of the year and is too slow to guard a lot of fours as well, I don't know where that puts him either.

All in all you guys got yourself a nice role player imo but not one that's going to make that much of a huge difference except maybe against four or five teams. If you had a gaping hole at center he would make much more of a difference.

Harry Callahan
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I read through the thread - you don't have to repeat yourself again and again.

There's enough minutes to go around for Splitter to be a significant contributor in the Spurs top nine or ten players next year. Duncan will probably play 30-32 minutes per game next year tops. They can go big with Splitter and Duncan for 10-15 and then Splitter can go to the five with Blair or McDyess out there when Duncan's out. Blair, Duncan, and Splitter can pass the ball pretty well too.

Answer this question - do you believe the majority of NBA GMs right now would rather have Tiago Splitter or Brendan Haywood for the next five years?

IMO, Tiago Splitter is a better basketball player than BH if not right now then in the very near future. BH is the Mavericks starting center after he got all the money.

The Mavericks probably got themselves a nice role player as their starting center for the forseeable future.

mingus
07-10-2010, 09:11 PM
the Spurs are a good 3-point shooting SF away from contending next year. fuck yeah.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I read through the thread - you don't have to repeat yourself again and again.

There's enough minutes to go around for Splitter to be a significant contributor in the Spurs top nine or ten players next year. Duncan will probably play 30-32 minutes per game next year tops. They can go big with Splitter and Duncan for 10-15 and then Splitter can go to the five with Blair or McDyess out there when Duncan's out. Blair, Duncan, and Splitter can pass the ball pretty well too.

Answer this question - do you believe the majority of NBA GMs right now would rather have Tiago Splitter or Brendan Haywood for the next five years?

IMO, Tiago Splitter is a better basketball player than BH if not right now then in the very near future. BH is the Mavericks starting center after he got all the money.

The Mavericks probably got themselves a nice role player as their starting center for the forseeable future.

Splitter is only a role player because the Spurs already have a starting center. The Mavs didn't have a starting center so your argument fails. Not much difference between Haywood and Splitter from what I've read. Haywood's a better rebounder and shot blocker and Splitter is more coordinated and better with the ball. And in two to three years Splitter will get some 9-11 million dollar contract that he doesn't really deserve like Haywood and Varejao.

Harry Callahan
07-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Now its my turn to repeat myself. Please answer my question - do you believe the majority of NBA GMs would rather have Splitter or Haywood for the next five years?

You also chose to ignore my point that there will be different lineups that can be used to get Splitter about 25 minutes a night. You did acknowledge Splitter is more coordinated with better ball skills than BH.

BTW, Splitter will likely get a 4-5 year deal, not two or three. He came over here to get some financial security and two years does not get that done on a guaranteed deal - he is not restricted by the rookie salary cap. TS will get the mid level exception the Spurs have to offer.

Let me make a suggestion, go to the Spurs part of the site and read TimVPs recent takes on Splitter. You can educate yourself there with his BBall knowledge. Have a nice evening.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Now its my turn to repeat myself. Please answer my question - do you believe the majority of NBA GMs would rather have Splitter or Haywood for the next five years?

You also chose to ignore my point that there will be different lineups that can be used to get Splitter about 25 minutes a night. You did acknowledge Splitter is more coordinated with better ball skills than BH.

BTW, Splitter will likely get a 4-5 year deal, not two or three. He came over here to get some financial security and two years does not get that done on a guaranteed deal - he is not restricted by the rookie salary cap. TS will get the mid level exception the Spurs have to offer.

Let me make a suggestion, go to the Spurs part of the site and read TimVPs recent takes on Splitter. You can educate yourself there with his BBall knowledge. Have a nice evening.

Frankly comparing him to Haywood is irrelevant, unless you're stuck on the fact that I'm a Mav fan. I only put the Haywood video in there to show that Splitter's youtube video which supposedly shows his athleticism is no more impressive than Haywood's.

I don't need to read some poster's summary. I can read the Draft Express profile and go by what I've seen there which labels him a below average rebounder who has a mediocre jump shot, and see that he averaged .8 bpg last year. He's supposedly a good post defender and has solid mobility for a center. Or I could go by what I've seen of him, or by what your GM said when he said he's another Varejao. On a side note, Splitter is stupid if he takes a five year deal. If he's smart he signs for two or three years because then he could get some team to give him a ridiculous 6 year $60-70 million dollar contract when that short term deal expires. Besides I don't know why you're so worked up, you got yourself a nice player, it's just a shame you already have an all-star center.

Maybe Pop will play them both together a lot. In that case, good luck with the two center lineup btw. Should work great in 2010. :tu

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Plus Blair really can't guard any athletic fours either, and he played almost exclusively as Duncan's backup last year iirc. So what does this do to his playing time? If Splitter is just replacing Blair that's almost a lateral move given how productive Blair was on a per minute basis.

Killakobe81
07-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Killa,

I agree the site has changed somewhat. Some posters spend 10x as much of their time on here trolling as they do talking bball. But since Kori and tim have decided not to police it too much, it's just something we gotta deal with it in the NBA Forum.

Despite the super team they are building in Miami, I am still a Spurs fan 100% and hope the Spurs can beat the odds this year by taking out the champion Lakers in the WCF and then the Heat in the Finals.

As for the hate goin on toward the Lakers and Heat... what do you expect?

Both teams are STACKED with talent, and are naturally the front runners for the upcoming season. While the other the 28 teams would LOVE to have as many talented players as the Lakers and Heat, the fact that we DON'T will lead to rooting for the demise of the more talented teams.

Example: I was scared shitless for the Spurs in 2004 when the Lakers assembled their own dream team of Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton and took great pleasure in every Laker loss that year. When they blew it in the Finals, I was on cloud 9. Even though the Spurs had a chance that year to knock them off, like many Spurs fans, I was glad to see that much talent FAIL.

Now there are 2 super teams with the Heat getting a lot of attention, so there is hate directed at both teams, while anti-Laker fans have hope that there is now a team capable of mopping the floor with the Lakers. Fans of the other 28 teams will hope that both teams fail to make the Finals, but if they do make it, those of us that are tired of the Lakers will probably root for Miami.

ON a sidenote: before yesterday, there wasn't much news coming out of the Spurs camp this off season, so what did you expect Spurs fans to talk about if not talk about the Heat?

Valid points ...Dunc & Dave ...

You are one of the real solid posters who post both here and in the main forum ...
I will try not toget in flame wars with trolls too often ...but I do find it fun at times.

I just wish more guys would take your attitude towards their team ...

Harry Callahan
07-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Still won't answer my question, will you Zelowhatever? Why is answering my question so difficult for you? You popped off about Haywood, so I was trying to ask you a very simple question. I think your unwillingness to answer my question kind of answers it anyway.

I saw Splitter do a pretty good job against the USA Olympic team in 08. Being the League and Playoff MVP of the Spanish League this year is a harbinger for good things.

Splitter has been working off short term deals for years in Europe. He is able to sign a longer term guaranteed NBA deal for 4-5 years for more money now after being overseas three years after being drafted in the 1st rnd. That is the reason why he is coming over here now in the first place. To get $25-35MM guaranteed right now and not $6-8MM under the rookie wage scale. Besides, how can such a player with "below average rebounding skills and a mediocre jump shot" ever hope to command a $10MM a year contract in 2-3 years as you describe.

So you "....don't need to read some poster's summary." Well good for you! I'm officially "worked up" as you say with your snarky attitude.

TimVP is not "Some Poster". He started this very site many years ago and is someone just about everyone thinks highly of around here. I was trying to make a suggestion if you wanted some quality info about the Spurs in general and Splitter in particular and you start big timing me with your immense basketball acumen. Watching You Tube and reading draft express (which probably has three year old info Splitter in all likelihood) is not the best way to get good information.

TimVP has forgotten more basketball then you'll ever know.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Still won't answer my question, will you Zelowhatever? Why is answering my question so difficult for you?
What question? Who would I rather have? Well that's just complete deflection, but if the contract was equal I'd rather have Haywood because I know what he can do in the NBA. Although like I said Splitter is a good player not bashing his ability but the issue is the Spurs already have a center. Plus they have Blair who really only played when Duncan was off the floor iirc. So now they have three centers, congrats.

Splitter has been working off short term deals for years in Europe. He is able to sign a longer term guaranteed NBA deal for 4-5 years for more money now after being overseas three years after being drafted in the 1st rnd. That is the reason why he is coming over here now in the first place. To get $25-35MM guaranteed right now and not $6-8MM under the rookie wage scale. Besides, how can such a player with "below average rebounding skills and a mediocre jump shot" ever hope to command a $10MM a year contract in 2-3 years as you describe.

http://elblogdelbaloncestero.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/varejao.jpg

Although Varejao is a better rebounder, defender, and is more mobile than Splitter but lest talented offensively. He's very comparable to Varejao. You know, like your GM said. Just read his Draft Express profile to see he's a below average rebounder and doesn't have a jumper.

TimVP has forgotten more basketball then you'll ever know.

Since you have no idea about my total knowledge of basketball this is just hyperbole and a lame attempt to get a rise out of me.

Anyways, to recap, Splitter is a nice player and good luck with the two center lineup in 2010. :tu

Dunc n Dave
07-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Valid points ...Dunc & Dave ...

You are one of the real solid posters who post both here and in the main forum ...
I will try not toget in flame wars with trolls too often ...but I do find it fun at times.

I just wish more guys would take your attitude towards their team ...

Props to you too, killa. I've spent most of my time upstairs in the Spurs forum lately because of the Laker trolls going apeshit in the NBA Forum. You are one of the few Laker posters I can stand on the NBA Forum. :toast

Harry Callahan
07-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Zelo,
My question was simple, and you kind of answered it after the third attempt. Thank you!

You like Brendan Haywood better than Splitter right now as a player. That's OK. Haywood does have a long history in the NBA. The Mavericks really had no choice but to sign him, given the alternatives. Dallas just got Eric Dampier part two just before they could get out from under the other bad FA contract they gave a center this decade.

I'm pretty sure Tiago will do much better than 7.7 points and 6.4 for his career after nine or ten years in the league. He will get paid a little more than half of what Haywood gets over the next five years.

I am impressed you used the word hyperbole twice in a post. My comments are not meant to deflect anything, I'm just stating my opinion.

In my opinion, I am also still pretty comfortable in saying that the guy that went to the trouble of creating this web site many years ago and is very connected with the Spurs has more basketball knowledge than you or me. That is not to get a rise out of you. Just sayin'.

BTW Good luck with that 1/2 center lineup in 2010.

Of course, if you keep damp and pay him that $13M Cuban signed him up for, you just might have 1 center in 2 bodies. Have a great rest of the weekend and don't forget, three is better than 1/2, and four is better than zero. Good night.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-11-2010, 02:31 AM
I saw the only black guy (who is quicker and he wasn't even a big guy) he went up against block his shot. Splitter looks to have a poor verticle jump (even with a running start) but with his height and arm lengh he can get up on his dunks. He is also dunking on inferior shorter players than what he is going to see in the nba. I did not see much of a perimeter shot in any of these highlights. He will have to develope some type of shot because he will not be getting to the basket for easy dunks like in these video highlights as easily in the nba.

Handles the ball well for a big man and looks to be a good passer. He will work well with Parker cutting to the basket.

I dont expect him to be a good rebounder or shot blocker.

He will be an upgrade from what the spurs had at center last year but temper expectations that he is some type of team savior.

Why the fuck are all the racists like this guy not banned from here?

TJastal
07-11-2010, 02:58 AM

He's making a generalization about a white player (ie can't jump, unathletic, only black player in league owned his ass, etc). That's ok to do in the PC world we live in. Just don't make any generalizations involving a black player or you will have the PC police on your ass. Dem's da rules, got it?

rascal
07-11-2010, 08:44 AM
He's making a generalization about a white player (ie can't jump, unathletic, only black player in league owned his ass, etc). That's ok to do in the PC world we live in. Just don't make any generalizations involving a black player or you will have the PC police on your ass. Dem's da rules, got it?

It is not a coincidence that the NBA has a majority of black players. On the whole black players are superior in the NBA. Most of the stars of the league are black. Black players are generally more athletic. Splitter did not go up against many black players so he has not seen the quality of players he will see in the NBA. The highlights of him are not that impressive when you consider the players he was going up against.

rascal
07-11-2010, 08:45 AM

Man In Black
07-11-2010, 10:20 AM
If any non-Spur fan truly knew Spurs basketball, then they'd know that, positionally speaking... All there is are: lead guards, wings, and posts.
TP & Manu are of the 1st 2 positions. Their ability to interchange gives the team multiple options offensively.
When DRob was here, Tim & him would interchange just like Manu & TP do now. Having said that, As a rookie, I don't expect Tiago to do, what Dave did as a player, work as seamlessly with Tim. I do expect, however that he's a better option than any the Spurs have had in a long time since Dave. At 7 feet tall, there is no longer a penchant to lose critical rebounds. I await to see what he brings. Being the Spanish League MVP in 2010 carries a lot more weight than being the Spanish League MVP in 1990.
If Tiago comes anywhere close to where the last Spanish League MVP, Luis Scola, that is a marked improvement over anything the Spurs threw out on the court last year. Even if it was enough to send Dallas home as the first #2 seed to ever lose to a #7. Plus, Blair is getting his interchange license this summer. He was principally Tim's backup at Center. Now he's getting reps at PF. True Post Players. It's Spurs basketball and physicality has a place in this league.
Perception is a funny thing. Had Kendrick Perkins not blown out a knee, a slower, less athletic KG & him, might have beat the LAL. If that would of happened, many of you peeps would have bitched that Pau had regressed into his former Pussy self and lamenting about which of Mr. Glass' lower legs would break next.
Perception... It's a funny thing.
The games have yet to be played. I can't wait!

Michael Jordan.
04-13-2014, 04:06 PM
The savior has finally come over. Let's all rejoice together guys. There's God, Tiago Splitter, and then the rest of us suckers.
Christ!