PDA

View Full Version : Foul play by Parker

Carnac
05-16-2005, 02:15 AM
I noticed something really, REALLY bad about Tony Parker's line.
He missed 8 of 13 shots, and had one more turnover (4) than assists (3).
....But what really gets me is that he (stay with me here) had no fouls. None.
What that tells me is that he wasn't playing defense. If you don't play defense, you can't foul anyone. If you're working your ass off to shut your opponent down, you're eventually going to get hit with a foul.
Many players played bad tonight, but in a physical series, you need to get down and dirty. Especially against Luke Ridnour. You can't let him torch you.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 06:24 AM
refs don't call fouls on TP!

tho they didn't let flopu ginobli be floppie mcflopperson tonight. The look on his face was great!

That was the gayest take I've heard around here in ages. "Floppi mcflopperson"?? Are you kidding me? And what look on what face?

orhe
05-16-2005, 07:44 AM
parker has sucked lately...
he ain't getting to the paint man... and when he gets there he doesn't know what to do.
what pisses me more is that he is unwilling to share the ball... he doesn't pass to open shooters etc (this game and the last game)...
we need to let parker get his head together and while he's "resting" let the others work.
coz his play (though the stats doesn't show it) has really disrupted the offense

kskonn
05-16-2005, 09:51 AM
parker has sucked lately...
he ain't getting to the paint man... and when he gets there he doesn't know what to do.
what pisses me more is that he is unwilling to share the ball... he doesn't pass to open shooters etc (this game and the last game)...
we need to let parker get his head together and while he's "resting" let the others work.
coz his play (though the stats doesn't show it) has really disrupted the offense

That has been upsetting me as well. Not getting into the lane does not bother me as much as forcing a shot up instead of kicking to an open shooter. it has happened a lot in the last two games. i have even seen it some from ginobli.