PDA

View Full Version : Can't get rid of Erick Dampier, the 2nd-best Center in the West

Findog
07-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Can't find the ESPN link.

http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/47378

By Marc Stein
LeBron James is off the market.

Chris Paul still hasn't made it to the market.

There is suddenly a real possibility, as a result, that the Mavericks will not use their vaunted Erick Dampier trade chip.

“A good chance,” one team source cautioned.

Reason being: After all the buildup about the trade possibilities at its disposal by combining, say, Dampier with Caron Butler’s last-year deal, LeBron is gone now and New Orleans continues to tell every team that calls that it won’t trade Paul.

Dallas, meanwhile, is determined not to ship out Dampier’s fully unguaranteed $13 million contract just to take back someone else’s long-term deal.

The Mavs are telling teams that they have to furnish a clear roster upgrade if they want the ability to acquire Dampier, cut him instantly and wipe $13 million off the books.

Sources say Minnesota has been urging Dallas to part with Dampier’s contract and draft considerations in exchange for Al Jefferson, who has three years left on his contract at $42 million. The Mavericks keep telling the Wolves that they won't surrender Dampier’s contract in a Jefferson deal because they have it earmarked for a Gasol-type trade, such as a theoretical sign-and-trade arrangement for James or as the centerpiece of Dallas’ longstanding pursuit of Paul.

The problem? It’s a steep drop in terms of difference-makers that might be available after LeBron and his good buddy CP3.

The Mavs' hard-line stance could always change if they miss out on their other summer targets. For now, though, look for them to take a measured look at their options on the trade market for the next month or so, disappointing as it would be if they can’t turn their best asset into tangible help for Dirk Nowitzki after so much hoopla.

Just to be clear, though: Sources say Dallas does remain interested in Jefferson if the Wolves prove amenable to a deal that does not involve Dampier’s contract.

And just to be clear, Part II: Dallas remains highly interested in re-signing Dampier if it does end up dealing him to a team that simply plans to release him.

Findog
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang
:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

BadOdor
Sorry guys.

badfish22
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4670024/source-good-chance-mavs-dont-trade-dampier

badfish22
07-09-2010, 05:08 PM
DoK is gonna have a field day

Findog
07-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes, let's keep Damp for a three-big rotation of Dirk, Haywood and Damp. Dirk, Haywood and Al FUCKING Jefferson <<<<<<<< Dirk, Haywood and Damp.

Muser
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Ouch.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
DoK is gonna have a field day

I didn't call anything about them not using the DUST chip, I thought they would, I just asked if anyone considered the possibility of them fucking up and getting nothing from it.

badfish22
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
If we dont trade Damp, DallasBasketball.com should just be shut down.
Ill probably never read another column there again tbh

badfish22
cool dbl post!

DMX7
I would trade him for Al Jefferson in a heartbeat if I were the Mavs.

DAF86
Did they mean Mavs instead of West?

badfish22
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Did they mean Mavs instead of West?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao please! stop! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

BUMP
07-09-2010, 05:13 PM

what a surprise

badfish22
I would trade him for Al Jefferson in a heartbeat if I were the Mavs.

He doesn't play Tim Duncan-esqu defense :cry

BUMP

what a surprise

stretch
You gotta be shitting me. Al Jefferson basically IS Pau Gasol. Dominant post player, who is a mediocre defender, although could be better if not counted on as much to score.

DAF86
07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao please! stop! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Why do you try so hard to be part of the Mav crew?

Findog
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Sources say Dallas does remain interested in Jefferson if the Wolves prove amenable to a deal that does not involve Dampier’s contract.

"Oh sure, we'll take this piece of shit Jefferson off your hands for JJ Barea and a conditional 2nd-round pick in 2016."

How delusional are these assholes?

badfish22
Why do you try so hard to be part of the Mav crew?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao BURN!!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DAF86
It wasn't a joke BTW.

Findog
07-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Flipping Damp into Jefferson is a Win. Period. Now maybe it makes sense to shop around and make some calls and see if that's the best that you can do, but they are FUCKING ASSHOLES to think Jefferson isn't worthy of the DUST chip.

badfish22
07-09-2010, 05:17 PM
"Oh sure, we'll take this piece of shit Jefferson off your hands for JJ Barea and a conditional 2nd-round pick in 2016."

How delusional are these assholes?

Kahn is stupid, but hes not that fucking dumb. I dont know how they can defend not wanting to trade Erick Fucking Dampier for Al Jefferson. Eric Damier is the hold-up.

JamStone
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
So when does Dampier's contract become guaranteed? First day of the regular season?

MarkCuban
07-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Fellas, we are working to build a winning team in the big D around the German but trading the big Damp is completely nonsense. After Dirk, Damp is the most valuable asset on the team and he is the unquestionably the cornerstone of the franchise. Outside of Kobe and maybe LeBron the guy is unmovable.

Al Jefferson? :lmao Who the fuck is that? Maybe, MAYBE for Matt Carroll

MavDynasty
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Fuck DB.com

Mike Fisher jacking off to the DUST chip for over a year and now nothing.

LOL mavs

fuck get jefferson or iggy/brand

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Is there any way the can get Jefferson without using Dampier? I only ask because if they manage to do that and then still have the DUST chip to get a guy like Iggy they're in good shape. One problem they oughta consider with jefferson is how well Haywood can play off the bench.

MavDynasty
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
tbh Dirk should be pissed

MarkCuban
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Is there any way the can get Jefferson without using Dampier? I only ask because if they manage to do that and then still have the DUST chip to get a guy like Iggy they're in good shape. One problem they oughta consider with jefferson is how well Haywood can play off the bench.

Possibly, but if it involves JJ Barea or Dampier than its a no. If they throw in Wes Johnson as well its a no.

A rookie who hasn't even proven himself plus a 25 and 10 guy who plays no defense can't compare to the veteran ssavvy that Dampier gives us in the paint.

The big Damp does things that just doesn't show up in the box scores

:hat:hat

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I've been afraid of this for a while now. Every Mav fan on the internet has told me not to worry and said they weren't sweating it.

badfish22
07-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Cuban probably still thinks there is a chance he can get Chris Paul. Apparently they are pushing really hard for it. Dont think it will ever happen.

Im going to officially explode yet, because this could just be posturing. But if they dont upgrade this offseason.................

MarkCuban
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I've been afraid of this for a while now. Every Mav fan on the internet has told me not to worry and said they weren't sweating it.

Relax there's nothing to be afraid of.

Silence is not inactivity. We listened to offers for Damp, but they just didn't seem like they could help our team right now. Cleveland offered us LeBron for Damp and Barea straight up, but we felt like LeBron just doesn't give us the veteran savvy that Barea and Dampier give us.

We feel like we are ready to make a title run with what we have now. I feel like after we gave Beaubois plenty of playing time last year and plenty of room for error he is ready to break out as our 13th man this year. Combined with our talented youth and our veteran savvy led by our big man down low, this is definitely our year:lobt2::lobt2:

Zelophehad
07-09-2010, 05:29 PM
One problem they oughta consider with jefferson is how well Haywood can play off the bench.

Why would they consider if he deals well with competing for minutes now? They only acquired this guy:

http://deadspin.com/235589/brendan-haywood-and-etan-thomas-need-a-timeout

then proceeded to fuck with his minutes by playing Damp ahead of him last year, and acted surprised and shocked when he didn't respond well.

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Cuban probably still thinks there is a chance he can get Chris Paul. Apparently they are pushing really hard for it. Dont think it will ever happen.

Im going to officially explode yet, because this could just be posturing. But if they dont upgrade this offseason.................

Son I pray this is just posturing.....what is Cuban's email or blog??? We need to advise them to just take the deal for Jefferson. Don't wait till it's too late....

:elephant

DPG21920
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
DB.com did not get it wrong. They got it absolutely right. The Mavs are the ones screwing up if this is true.

DJ Mbenga
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
lol telling people he wont trade roddy for unless its for kobe or lebron, and now this! seriously dampier! jefferson is a 18 and 8 guy.

monosylab1k
07-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Who cares?

After last night, whatever they do with the DUST chip is completely pointless.