PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher to meet with Miami Heat

Kobe Molested Me
07-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Lakers free-agent guard Derek Fisher boarded a flight Friday to Miami and was scheduled to speak with Heat president Pat Riley Saturday about the possibility of joining that team, said a source close to the situaton who was not authorized to speak on the matter publicy.
Fisher still has hopes of playing next season for the Lakers, the source said, but contract negotiations are moving at a slow pace.
"We're having ongoing discussions," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said Friday. "Both parties want to be back, and hopefully that's what will happen."
With LeBron James joining forces in Miami with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, the Heat has become a team many think can compete for a championship next season.
That's something that interests Fisher, who has won five championships rings with the Lakers.
"Yes, Derek is on his way to talk with Pat Riley," the source said. "He's there to hear [Riley] out. I think Derek is going to take everything under consideration before he makes a decision."
Fisher, who will be 36 next month, earned $5 million last season in the final year of a three-year deal.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/07/lakers-free-agent-guard-derek-fisher-boarded-a-flight-friday-to-miami-and-was-scheduled-to-speak-withheat-president-pat-riley.html#tp

Greg Oden
cool link

well fuck

siraulo23
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5368129

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Grim news.

4>0rings
07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Is there a better hospital in Miami now?

DPG21920
07-09-2010, 08:47 PM

:lol

Goran Dragic

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Zelophehad
:lmao

himat
07-09-2010, 08:49 PM
:lmao But seriously Fisher better come back to LA!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

da_suns_fan
07-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Grim news.

Absolutely.

Fishers the biggest X-factor for next season. Think the Lakers have a shot without Fisher bailing out Kobe time and time again?

Of course, how can the Heat sign him when theyre using the MLE on Miller? They got to be over the cap by now.

This smells an awful lot like Odom's ruse last year.

07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
pat riley already trying to preempt some bullshit shot fisher is inevitably going to make in the finals.

Giuseppe
Absolutely.

Fishers the biggest X-factor for next season. Think the Lakers have a shot without Fisher bailing out Kobe time and time again?

That's why they call it a team, da.

HeatChamps
Poor Lakers. :lmao

Kobe Molested Me
07-09-2010, 08:51 PM
If Shaq signs for vet minium

Fisher
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Shaq

Jesus, that's scary.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Poor Lakers. :lmao

As we just went back-to-back.

tee, hee.

picc84
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Can't front.

This would piss me the fuck off.

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Son can this guy really be a traitor and leave the Lakers after winning a ring past 2 years?? All the better cause I can cheer for him to fail if he goes to the cHeat

:elephant

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Son can this guy really be a traitor and leave the Lakers after winning a ring past 2 years?? All the better cause I can cheer for him to fail if he goes to the cHeat

j.dizzle
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
LOL Buss dont fuck around but I think he'll wanna keep fisher around..Dude is trash in the regular season but earns his paycheck with a couple big shots & speeches

HeatChamps
07-09-2010, 08:55 PM
As we just went back-to-back.

tee, hee.
Enjoy that as that will be your last. :lol at Phil Jackson thinking he had a chance to win another this year and coming back. Then the Heat got stacked.

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 08:56 PM
i would love to have that little fucker

he CONSTANTLY bails the lakers out.

saves the HEAT the trouble from a bullshit fisher 3 pter.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Enjoy that as that will be your last. :lol at Phil Jackson thinking he had a chance to win another this year and coming back. Then the Heat got stacked.

- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

picc84
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Niggas speeches be on that Any Given Sunday, Gladiator shit.

Duke could probably become dictator of Germany if he wanted.

lil_penny
07-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Fish knows better then to do this...

SpursFanFirst
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
But but...I thought LA was the ONLY place that could treat his daughter.
Please. He's just as pitiful as the rest of them.

HeatChamps
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Fish knows better then to do this...
It's the perfect fit for him. He gets to start. No guarantees in LA with Brandon Farmar and Sasha Vujacic in competition.

DJ Mbenga
07-09-2010, 09:01 PM
there is no leverage meeting with miami. the lakers "lowball" offer is more than the heat can offer at all

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
jerry buss better stop playing games with fisher and pay him lol

he mihgt just leave tho i doubt it. miami is just leverage.

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Heat, gettin' his girlish on.

ducks
07-09-2010, 09:07 PM
fisher left jazz for daughter health she had to be in big hostipal in la
he leaves to go there
I loss respect for fisher

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
there is no leverage meeting with miami. the lakers "lowball" offer is more than the heat can offer at all

negative

we don't know the contract numbers yet for the big 3.

they might have taken a little less.

NewJerSpur
07-09-2010, 09:09 PM
If Shaq signs for vet minium

Fisher
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Shaq

Jesus, that's scary.

An out-of-shape, fresh-off-a-lengthy-injury-stint Shaq taking away touches from Bosh is pretty scare.....for Heat fans. Would be nice to see.

MiamiHeat
07-09-2010, 09:10 PM
fisher left jazz for daughter health she had to be in big hostipal in la
he leaves to go there
I loss respect for fisher

you actually believe that bullshit?

fisher used his daughter as an excuse.

Fisher and Gasol were part of the plan to build around Kobe after his trade demand and the Kevin Garnett to Boston trade.

Ashy Larry
07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
wouldn't hate on Fish if he signed elsewhere .......

MiamiHeat
An out-of-shape, fresh-off-a-lengthy-injury-stint Shaq taking away touches from Bosh is pretty scare.....for Heat fans. Would be nice to see.

i dont know why people keep bringing shaq up (not saying you did)

but the heat want NO PART of shaq

Phallusy

Brilliant! :lol

Amarelooms
07-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Heat, gettin' his girlish on.

Son you are becoming annoying with your idiotic phrases...stop doing it...you have been warned

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Son you are becoming annoying with your idiotic phrases...stop doing it...you have been warned

O & Forever!

NewJerSpur
07-09-2010, 09:15 PM
i dont know why people keep bringing shaq up (not saying you did)

but the heat want NO PART of shaq

He'd definitely weigh them down, figuratively and literally.

Mugen
07-09-2010, 09:15 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

da_suns_fan
07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Evidently everyone is clueless that Fishers daughter has made a recovery from her serious eye disease.

Why believe a genuinely nice guy when throwing him under the bus is so much fun?

Giuseppe
07-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Evidently everyone is clueless that Fishers daughter has made a recovery from her serious eye disease.

Christ! First James goes to Florida, now Fisher's kid has recovered. Will the bad news never cease?

IronMexican
Crucify em, da.

Smooth Criminal
I swear to god I will kill a small child if Fish goes to Miami

ElNono
07-09-2010, 09:34 PM

lmao

BRHornet45
07-09-2010, 09:48 PM
CP3 to the LAKESHOW!!!!!

DazedAndConfused
07-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Would love to have Fisher back but next season could be the one in which Fish's tank is finally empty. Might be a blessing in disguise that he goes elsewhere.

Not a huge deal if he leaves IMHO as long as Mitch goes out and gets another quality PG. Remember, in the triangle offense you really don't need traditional PG skills. Just need to be able to shoot the rock when open.

baseline bum
07-09-2010, 09:54 PM

spursfan1000
07-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I think he is just doing this to preasure Lakers to give him a satisfactory offer.

Kindergarten Cop
07-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Fisher can't really leave, can he? He HAS to stay - if for no other reason than to avoid an open letter to the fans of L.A. authored by Buss giving details on how Fisher quit on the team and deserted them.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2010, 10:01 PM
This may be a good move for la the magic might be gone for fish ala Horry game 5 2003`

pauls931
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Christ! First James goes to Florida, now Fisher's kid has recovered. Will the bad news never cease?

I never put you on ignore, just ignored you.

Kindergarten Cop
07-09-2010, 10:06 PM
This may be a good move for la the magic might be gone for fish ala Horry game 5 2003`

Do you not remember a certain game 5 two years later?

:huh

spursfan1000
07-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Fisher can't really leave, can he? He HAS to stay - if for no other reason than to avoid an open letter to the fans of L.A. authored by Buss giving details on how Fisher quit on the team and deserted them.

:lmao When is Fisher's one hour show called "the choice"?

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Do you not remember a certain game 5 two years later?

:huh

He was in a different uniform, the magic comes back when you change teams. The only reason he still had it this long was cause he went to UTAH for like six months.

lefty
07-09-2010, 10:19 PM
WTF

Oh FUCK FUCK FUCK

I dont want to watch that POS win another ring

resistanze
07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
He ain't going anywhere.

TheManFromAcme
07-09-2010, 11:05 PM
He ain't going anywhere.

eggs-act-lee.......

Red Hawk #21
07-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I doubt he leaves LA, but if he did go to Miami then I'd be really worried. Fisher's clutchness and positivity really brings a lot to the table.

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 11:18 PM
He wont leave smart move negotiating a bit ...

DazedAndConfused
07-09-2010, 11:24 PM
I think Miami will have about $4 million or so left to spend after Miller, so in theory the Heat could throw that money at D-Fish.

If they do, I say let them have him. Fish is literally on his last legs, the man has nothing left to give. The wheels are going to fall off either this season or next.

Kevin Durant 35
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Lakers vs Heat Game 7 of the Finals Bron gives the ball to Fisher 3 seconds left in the final quarter LA up two Fish 3 for the win

Swish !!!

Kobes face would be fucking priceless

baseline bum
07-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I think Miami will have about $4 million or so left to spend after Miller, so in theory the Heat could throw that money at D-Fish.

If they do, I say let them have him. Fish is literally on his last legs, the man has nothing left to give. The wheels are going to fall off either this season or next.

It's closer to $6 million, but I'd guess most of that goes to Haslem.

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2010, 11:48 PM
:lol A lot of Laker fans giving up on Fisher once again, completely ignoring that he saved their team multiple times during these playoffs, including a legendary role player performance..typical..

TampaDude
07-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Lakers vs Heat Game 7 of the Finals Bron gives the ball to Fisher 3 seconds left in the final quarter LA up two Fish 3 for the win

Swish !!!

:lmao That would be beyond awesome!

kromediablo
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Lakers free-agent guard Derek Fisher boarded a flight Friday to Miami and was scheduled to speak with Heat president Pat Riley Saturday about the possibility of joining that team, said a source close to the situaton who was not authorized to speak on the matter publicy.
Fisher still has hopes of playing next season for the Lakers, the source said, but contract negotiations are moving at a slow pace.
"We're having ongoing discussions," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said Friday. "Both parties want to be back, and hopefully that's what will happen."
With LeBron James joining forces in Miami with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, the Heat has become a team many think can compete for a championship next season.
That's something that interests Fisher, who has won five championships rings with the Lakers.
"Yes, Derek is on his way to talk with Pat Riley," the source said. "He's there to hear [Riley] out. I think Derek is going to take everything under consideration before he makes a decision."
Fisher, who will be 36 next month, earned $5 million last season in the final year of a three-year deal.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/07/lakers-free-agent-guard-derek-fisher-boarded-a-flight-friday-to-miami-and-was-scheduled-to-speak-withheat-president-pat-riley.html#tp

Hope this really happens break up the team ... really without derek fisher the lakers dont win the championship!

SpursFanFirst
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM

:lol Oh Lakerfan...how quickly you forget the moments he saved your team in the playoffs.

SpursFanFirst
07-10-2010, 12:14 AM
:lol A lot of Laker fans giving up on Fisher once again, completely ignoring that he saved their team multiple times during these playoffs, including a legendary role player performance..typical..

exactly.

DMX7
07-10-2010, 12:17 AM
i would love to have that little fucker

he CONSTANTLY bails the lakers out.

saves the HEAT the trouble from a bullshit fisher 3 pter.

Role Players don't mean shit, remember? The Heat won't need bailing out because they're going to go 82-0 and win every game by halftime... :lmao

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 12:37 AM
The Lakers wouldn't have been in half the troubles they were in if they had a competent PG to begin with. Someone that didn't compromise the entire defense because he couldn't stay in front of anyone. That's what people who didn't watch the Lakers regularly forget.

I know full well what Fisher brings in terms of intangibles. However, I think this team is veteran enough at this point, two championships back-to-back, 3 Finals appearances in a row, where they don't need his veteran presence as much as you'd think. They still have Kobe and Phil and that counts for a lot.

It's time to bring in some youth, aka Steve Blake, and let Fisher go. I've maintained all along if Fisher wants to stay at the price Buss wants to pay him, keep him. If he starts clamoring for major cash, let him go. You'd be stupid to pay this guy anymore than $3-3.5 million a year.

23LeBronJames23
07-10-2010, 12:39 AM

Swish !!!

I'd love to see that :lmao

cobbler
07-10-2010, 12:52 AM

Swish !!!

I was thinking along the same lines...

Airball !!!

Kobes face would be fucking priceless as Fish gives him the wink and the sleeper cell player is born.

Killakobe81
07-10-2010, 12:54 AM
The Lakers wouldn't have been in half the troubles they were in if they had a competent PG to begin with. Someone that didn't compromise the entire defense because he couldn't stay in front of anyone. That's what people who didn't watch the Lakers regularly forget.

I know full well what Fisher brings in terms of intangibles. However, I think this team is veteran enough at this point, two championships back-to-back, 3 Finals appearances in a row, where they don't need his veteran presence as much as you'd think. They still have Kobe and Phil and that counts for a lot.

It's time to bring in some youth, aka Steve Blake, and let Fisher go. I've maintained all along if Fisher wants to stay at the price Buss wants to pay him, keep him. If he starts clamoring for major cash, let him go. You'd be stupid to pay this guy anymore than $3-3.5 million a year.

I agree. but if that happens we need another PG ...

Hopefully a quick one.

I love Fisher but you fool s are dumb to think we should overpay for him.

Fish is a GREAT CLUTCH role player ...just a notch below Horry IMHO ...

BUT his EGO is out of control it helps him take and make big shots but he overvalues his current abilities ...on the court. Off the court he is priceless he needs to stay and get groomed for a future HC gig ...

TampaDude
07-10-2010, 01:21 AM
I was thinking along the same lines...

Airball !!!

Kobes face would be fucking priceless as Fish gives him the wink and the sleeper cell player is born.

You know Fish would never do that...get real.

Baseline
07-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Fisher is horrible.

Surely Wade will put an end to this madness.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 01:24 AM
You know Fish would never do that...get real.

Of course he wouldn't. And he won't be going to the Heat either.

Kobe Molested Me
07-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Bump so ppl will stop making more derek fisher threads

Venti Quattro
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
He's asking for 5M per year. Don't think Miami's stupid to give that

Kevin Durant 35
07-10-2010, 12:52 PM
He's asking for 5M per year. Don't think Miami's stupid to give that

That'll be the dumbest thing miami would do.

Venti Quattro
07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
I won't even give him something close to what Blake's earning for the next 4 years. He earns his paycheck in the Playoffs in late May-June, yes, but he's trash from November to early April.

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I'd bring back Derek if he was willing to accept a $5-6 million dollar deal over two years.

This is a business and you can't bring emotion into it. The Lakers have overpayed for scrubs far too many times, Walton is still onboard for 3 more years with his albatross contract and we still have Sasha for another year.

JamStone
07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Would the Lakers give him $3-4 million if it's only a one year deal?

I figure he's worth more if he accepts a one year deal.

Venti Quattro
07-10-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd bring back Derek if he was willing to accept a $5-6 million dollar deal over two years.

This would be the most amenable situation, I think. Fisher wants money and time but the Lakers won't give the money that because of their bad recent history with contract players. On the other hand, he can have his two years.

Kevin Durant 35
07-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Miami can probably offer Fisher only the veterans minimum of $1.352 million.

articles.latimes.com

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Derek leaving might actually be a great thing for the team, it will finally force them to find the Fisher replacement we've needed for some time now.

I'm hoping we keep Shannon, we need to keep our bench young and athletic to complement our older starting 5.

Venti Quattro
07-10-2010, 01:13 PM
So are you guys ready seeing Sasha play point if Derek REALLY leaves to join the summit in South Beach?

Kevin Durant 35
07-10-2010, 01:19 PM
So are you guys ready seeing Sasha play point if Derek REALLY leaves to join the summit in South Beach?

Lmao the machine cant play PG but I wouldnt mind to watch him fail.

Venti Quattro
07-10-2010, 01:20 PM
I think he played PG in Slovenia when he was still not getting cut from the Slovene team and the triangle doesn't really need a point guard. Just someone who understands it inside-out.

SpursDynasty
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Did the good doctors in LA for his daughter move to Miami?

Kindergarten Cop
07-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Miami can probably offer Fisher only the veterans minimum of $1.352 million.

articles.latimes.com

Miami can actually offer much more than that, but I don't know if they will. With the numbers coming out today of the big three taking significantly less than the max, they have nearly $9M to throw around.

YoMamaIsCallin
07-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I have a question:

Who the hell is going to play defense and rebound on this team? I mean team defense and on-the-ball defense, not crowd-pleasing blocked shots on someone else's guy.

Fisher can't play a lick of defense except for flopping. D-wade and LeBron are OK but not known for their defense. Bosh is a sieve and not a great rebounder. Miller is certainly not a defender.

BadOdor
07-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I have a question:

Who the hell is going to play defense and rebound on this team? I mean team defense and on-the-ball defense, not crowd-pleasing blocked shots on someone else's guy.

Fisher can't play a lick of defense except for flopping. D-wade and LeBron are OK but not known for their defense. Bosh is a sieve and not a great rebounder. Miller is certainly not a defender.

Wade and Lebron are excellent defenders, dumb spurs fan.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Did the good doctors in LA for his daughter move to Miami?

Uh nooo... Do some research. His daughter has recovered and doesn't need the constant care she did going through the sugery and recovery process.

himat
07-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Uh nooo... Do some research. His daughter has recovered and doesn't need the constant care she did going through the sugery and recovery process.

Yep. At first someone said it as a joke and it was funny, but now I think people are taking it seriously.:lol

Seriously I hope Fisher doesn't leave the Lakers though. He's going to be in the league for only a few more years and LA has as good, if not a better, chance at championship than Miami next year. Why would he leave after being a part of all the LA championship runs?

YoMamaIsCallin
07-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Wade and Lebron are excellent defenders, dumb spurs fan.

I would not call them excellent, I would call them OK (Wade) and good (James). Wade is a gambler, going for steals and blocks. LeBron is a better defender than Wade due to his strength, plus he seems to care about it a bit more. But you can't just have 1 1/2 defenders on a team.

dirk4mvp
07-10-2010, 08:02 PM
LeBron is an excellent defender, and it's only going to be better now that he's not carrying a team on his back every night.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Yup, D4MVP is on point, you can say the same thing about Wade too..that's going to be a disgusting perimeter defense combo..

angelbelow
07-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Yup, D4MVP is on point, you can say the same thing about Wade too..that's going to be a disgusting perimeter defense combo..

Gonna be close to Jordan and Pippen duo..

LakerHater
07-10-2010, 08:34 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TDJW1OF0FYI/AAAAAAAAEos/TMLGFFOYCqI/s1600/16.jpg

himat
07-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Uh oh...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5369580

07-11-2010, 01:42 AM
et tu fisher?

damn, riley is really worried about a BS shot fisher is bound to make against the heat.

lefty
07-11-2010, 02:03 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TDJW1OF0FYI/AAAAAAAAEos/TMLGFFOYCqI/s1600/16.jpg

lefty
07-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Uh oh...

Oh fuck no

That would ruin the whole Beat L.A experience for me

:pctoss

Kevin Durant 35
07-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Uh oh...

lol Lakers

TheMACHINE
07-11-2010, 02:34 AM
lol lakers what? lol lakers that they dont want to overpay for fisher. mmkay

Dro210
07-11-2010, 02:45 AM
"We need to have him back, it's as simple as that," Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com's McMenamin at his Kobe Bryant Skills Academy on the UC Santa Barbara campus. "It's not a question of if he will be back; it's a matter of when.

"I don't care what [the cost] is. ... They need to work that out and get him back because his significance to our ballclub and to me cannot be understated."

lol... pretty sure they should and will try to overpay him.

Everybody knows Kobe can't do it without Fish... even Kobe. :smokin

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Fisher said

"The hunt for six begins"

what a shocker! he returns to LA! not.

OC Lakerfan
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
fail thread