PDA

View Full Version : Bulls sign J.J. Redick to a 3 year, $20M offer sheet

ace3g
07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
chadfordinsider

Breaking: Bulls sign J.J. Redick to a 3 year, $20M offer sheet according to sources. Link coming ...

eyeh8u
07-09-2010, 10:52 PM
whos next elton brand and coach k

Pistons < Spurs
07-09-2010, 10:52 PM
You're faster than me ace3g!

Kai
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Bulls can now overpay for Redick enough to discourage Magic from matching. He would be ideal, and because he's just finally starting to develop, they can overpay now, and within two seasons he'll likely be worth the contract.

good call ^

BRHornet45
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
sons J.J. is a solid player. don't let his skin color fool you.

DMX7
07-09-2010, 10:57 PM
They see in him a Steve Kerr. He's probably even a worse defender than Kerr.

Shastafarian
07-09-2010, 10:58 PM
I thought they already signed him???

Oh wait, they did!

The Bulls signed free-agent guard Kyle Korver(notes) to a three-year, $15 million contract on Friday.

picc84
07-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Korver and Reddick.

LMAO

Which one of them is going to guard Wade? JJ can't play Ray Allen in every series.

Idiots should have just waited before jumping the gun and trading Hinrich, who coincidentally guards Wade the best out of anyone in the league.

DazedAndConfused
07-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Bulls are well on their way guys. They have a ton of great pieces right now and a quality coach.

They still need to get rid of Deng and get some quality size. My gut is telling me that is what they are thinking of though. Getting Korver/Reddick was a VERY smart move if they plan on gunning for a superstar SF, they will have the perfect options to kick out to for the open 3 ball. I also want to see some more size on that team, simply too small to defend teams like LAL. They need at least one quality big alongside Noah that can bang down low.

himat
07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Come on Bulls keep adding guys and destroy the Heat!

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
They see in him a Steve Kerr. He's probably even a worse defender than Kerr.

Not as bad a defender ...

NOT as good a shooter either ...

Solid move ...

Rose can drive and kick to Deng for 18-20 footers ...

And to 3point shooters Redick and Korver ...

Bulls will be good.

Killakobe81
07-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Korver and Reddick.

LMAO

Which one of them is going to guard Wade? JJ can't play Ray Allen in every series.

Idiots should have just waited before jumping the gun and trading Hinrich, who coincidentally guards Wade the best out of anyone in the league.

Great point. I think Deng though a good player is the weak link out of Boozer, Noah, Rose ...Korver and JJ fit huge needs.

Deng is not a bad player just overpaid and ROse is thr only creator/play-maker ...they Need another driver ...

Cry Havoc
07-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Redick is garbage. He'll never be worth what the Bulls are paying for him.

JamStone
07-09-2010, 11:49 PM
http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/redickulously-gay.jpg

Mugen
07-09-2010, 11:51 PM

:lol:lol:lol

Greg Oden
07-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Redick is garbage.

Shows how much you know about the game of basketball.

DJ Mbenga
07-10-2010, 12:04 AM
they finally have shooting they so desperately needed. rose still cant shoot but now he should have more room to drive

Kai
07-10-2010, 12:07 AM
RicBucher

Don't get too pumped, Bulls' fans, on Redick -- nothing official from Orl, but other GMs expect Magic to match.

timvp
07-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Orlando has to match that offer. With all the money they throw around, not matching that would be idiotic. Redick is the most competitive player on the team and might have been the team's second best player in the playoffs.

Shastafarian
07-10-2010, 12:09 AM
RicBucher

Don't get too pumped, Bulls' fans, on Redick -- nothing official from Orl, but other GMs expect Magic to match.

Knowing Otis Smith he'll probably be all, "They offered him how much? Fuck that! I'm gonna blow that offer out of the water. Say 4 years $30 mil. Take that fuckers hahahaha"

JMarkJohns
07-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Bulls can now overpay for Redick enough to discourage Magic from matching. He would be ideal, and because he's just finally starting to develop, they can overpay now, and within two seasons he'll likely be worth the contract.

good call ^

Thanks, but they didn't overpay enough. They needed to make it pretty excessive. Oh well... sucks to be the Bulls. Could have been a great addition. Thibodeau did well with Allen on defense, and Allen is similar, so he was ideal.

Magic are really overpaying a lot of players. I'm assuming if they match Redick Barnes is gone.

TDMVPDPOY
07-10-2010, 12:54 AM
wtf didnt they just keep hinrich? he has at leasts size and can play d...

this is stupid payin a guy 20/3 just to shoot 3s?

BullsDynasty
07-10-2010, 12:56 AM
wtf didnt they just keep hinrich? he has at leasts size and can play d...

this is stupid payin a guy 20/3 just to shoot 3s?

Because they wanted to clear cap space in hopes of landing Lebron which failed.....

JMarkJohns
07-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Redick is a volume shooter that shoots best when given plenty of shots, and with Rose and Boozer, he should get a ton. Wouldn't surprise me if he past the 14/15 ppg mark this next season if he's on the Bulls. Dude is a shooter and he averaged 10 ppg last season in just 22 mpg and on just 3 attempts from range. You increase that to 6 and there's the necessary attempts to hit that mark. Also, his defense isn't that terrible. He hustles, and has enough quickness to hang with several types of opponents. Twixt Gibson and Noah, the middle will be secure, so he won't need to keep the opponent out of the lane, just pressure them enough for pull ups. I think his defense is very similar to Allen, and while he was the weakest of the five starting Celtics, he played decent enough defense, even on the likes of Kobe.

Kai
07-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Off Topic, but JMarkJohns, did you get a chance to see the Rockets Suns SL game yesterday? What did you think about Jordan Hill's game?

Xevious
07-10-2010, 02:21 AM
I guess Hurley did get off the island after all.

JMarkJohns
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Off Topic, but JMarkJohns, did you get a chance to see the Rockets Suns SL game yesterday? What did you think about Jordan Hill's game?

I did not get the chance to see it, but have heard they are playing Hill at center, and that he needs to get stronger to play their with any major minutes. I've heard he's been working on a righty/lefty running hook and that he has a baseline jumper now. Good options. He does need to add strength to maximize his defense and rebounding. I heard he struggled in the first half of the game, but played much better in the second half. I'm curious to know if he was going against Lawal, as Gani is a beast as far as strength. Guy had one of the more impressive bench reps of this past draft. Way more than Hill had a year ago.

Cry Havoc
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Shows how much you know about the game of basketball.

We'll see how he does this season. He's a very sub-par defender who basically only brings a three point shot to the game. A poor man's Steve Kerr.

JamStone
07-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Redick has improved his overall game actually. He's never going to blow you away with athleticism or explosiveness, but he's added and improved aspects of his game. Not a great defender by any stretch, but he now works pretty hard defensively and is an adequate team defender. Has learned to put the ball on the floor off the dribble to keep defenders more honest. Can't really finish at the rim very well because he's not athletic, can't jump, and has short arms, but he mixes things up so that from time to time, a drive surprises the defense and he gets a fairly easy lay-up out of it.

And, since he's a shooter first and foremost, being a "poor man's Steve Kerr" isn't really a bad thing.

Not worth close to $7 million a year, but I think he's become a pretty good NBA player, especially considering how badly I thought he'd fail in the NBA. He's still redickulously gay though.

IronMexican
07-10-2010, 12:44 PM
3 years, $20m seems pretty steep. Nice signing, though.

Cry Havoc
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Redick has improved his overall game actually. He's never going to blow you away with athleticism or explosiveness, but he's added and improved aspects of his game. Not a great defender by any stretch, but he now works pretty hard defensively and is an adequate team defender. Has learned to put the ball on the floor off the dribble to keep defenders more honest. Can't really finish at the rim very well because he's not athletic, can't jump, and has short arms, but he mixes things up so that from time to time, a drive surprises the defense and he gets a fairly easy lay-up out of it.

And, since he's a shooter first and foremost, being a "poor man's Steve Kerr" isn't really a bad thing.

Not worth close to $7 million a year, but I think he's become a pretty good NBA player, especially considering how badly I thought he'd fail in the NBA. He's still redickulously gay though.

I definitely agree that he's improved, but there's no way he's worth even close to this. I'd say maybe half of what this deal should be the going rate for him. He's still a liability on defense and doesn't give you anything on O really except a slightly above average three point shooter.

$7 mil just to occasionally spread the floor, especially with the restructuring that's coming soon, makes this a horrible contract.

dirk4mvp
07-10-2010, 02:29 PM
.405% is slightly above average?

DAF86
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
You can't ever get enough shooting.

jermaine
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
sons J.J. is a solid player. don't let his skin color fool you.

That fucka done put on some muscle too! He is a better defender than Jefferson. Lol the bulls are going to be nice man! If I was them I'd keep Dang unless the get Iggy or Artest!

benefactor
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM

:tu Pretty spot on.

I wanted the Spurs to go after him, but I also knew that he would probably be out of their price range. I actually said he'd be in Chicago well before the offseason started. It just made too much sense.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Orlando will match.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68177/20100715/magic_to_match_redicks_offer_sheet/

OC Lakerfan
07-16-2010, 12:14 AM
^ That is very unlike Otis Smith. He would never overpay for a player. Good thing that cheapskate wouldn't think about giving a max contract to a one dimensional 6'10 shooter.

Indazone
07-16-2010, 12:54 AM
oh yeah Bulls have a championship roster now!