PDA

View Full Version : Carwin Lesnar 2 is going to be awhile

MannyIsGod
07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Lesnar vs. Velasquez up next for UFC title; Dos Santos vs. Nelson winner on deck
by John Morgan on Jul 04, 2010 at 5:00 am ET
LAS VEGAS – UFC president Dana White called Saturday night's UFC 116 main event between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin "the biggest heavyweight fight in UFC history," and he's not wasting any time figuring out what comes next in the division.

As White promised to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) before this weekend's event, Cain Velasquez (8-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) will indeed get the next crack at the title.

Second in line has already been determined, too, as White announced to a small group of reporters following UFC 116's post-event press conference that the winner of the UFC 117 bout between Junior Dos Santos and Roy Nelson will have the next crack at the title.

"You're going to see Cain and Brock fight," White said. "Then coming up, Dos Santos is going to fight 'Big Country,' and the winner of that fight will get the next shot."

Dos Santos and Nelson meet on the main card of UFC 117, which takes place Aug. 7 in Oakland, Calif.

Lesnar (5-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) returned to action for the first time since July 2009's UFC 100 event with an impressive second-round submission win over Carwin to unify the UFC's heavyweight titles. Lesnar was force to sit out for one year while battling a life-threatening case of diverticulitis.

When he'll return again has yet to be determined, but Lesnar hinted at the evening's post-event press conference that he's like to spend a little time at home.

"I'm expecting a baby in two weeks," Lesnar said. "My wife's been a trooper. She's been pregnant for 18 months these past two years.

"I'm going home tonight. I'm going to visit some family when I get home, and I've got some combining. I'm a farmer now, and I'm doing what I love to do. I've got some combining to do this fall, and I want to shoot a white-tailed deer and spend time with my family."

White said after the press conference that he'll likely be relying on his famed champion to return to action sooner rather than later.

"I've got to talk to Brock," White said. "Farming sounds fun and everything, but it's not what pays the bills."

For the latest on UFC 117, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com, and for complete coverage of UFC 116, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

MannyIsGod
07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
BTW I'm really really really looking forward to that Dos Santos Nelson fight because I really want Roy Nelson to get KTFO.

dallaskd
07-09-2010, 11:11 PM
I hope not. Nelson-Lesnar would be epic

dbreiden83080
07-10-2010, 02:39 PM
reports are Cain and Brock will be UFC 121 on Oct 23rd..

JDS should beat-down Nelson. I doubt the UFC wants Country getting a title shot..

CubanSucks
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
So another huge quesion, who does Carwin destroy in the meantime?

Stringer_Bell
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
That's the UFC that was supposed to be in Germany, I wonder what happened.

Carwin is going to stop new guys from climbing the ranks, and send guys coming off of losses further down.

tsb2000
07-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Cain is good, but IMO, Brock is going to "combine" him.

Frenzy
07-10-2010, 11:50 PM
I had never watched a UFC fight till the carwin lesnar fight weeks ago and haven't watched one since.(was never really drawn to it)Are all fights of this caliber? My brother in law had no other way to see the fight so he paid me to order it for him. I sat and watched as he gave me a brief summary of the fighters....rules and such. I was rather impressed. I may catch the next big fight.

MannyIsGod
07-11-2010, 12:49 AM
No, they're not all that good. That fight was one of the best of the year and that card was especially good. Sadly some cards just turn out to be duds but its hard to tell which. Sometimes people think a card is worthless (see the PPV a couple of weeks ago) and it turns out to be epic and vice versa.

Stringer_Bell
07-11-2010, 01:02 AM
I had never watched a UFC fight till the carwin lesnar fight weeks ago and haven't watched one since.(was never really drawn to it)Are all fights of this caliber? My brother in law had no other way to see the fight so he paid me to order it for him. I sat and watched as he gave me a brief summary of the fighters....rules and such. I was rather impressed. I may catch the next big fight.

Tbh, I think the next GOOD card that's worth buying and having a gettogether for is UFC 118 on Aug 28. There's some decent cards on free TV too, SPIKE and VS. have shows before and after that PPV card. The fights are even more exciting if you know the fighters, their styles, and where a win or loss takes them. There's not a ton of fighters, so it's easy to check out the wiki for a fight card and know what's going on.

Basically, with all the free TV shows they are putting on, it's a good time to jump in and see if you like it. Like I said, as far as buying PPVs I'd hold off for UFC 118 and then the next Brock fight cuz that's gonna be great too.

polandprzem
07-11-2010, 03:56 AM
It's damn late to do a heavyweight battle at the end of October
All in all it will be 7 months since Cain fought last time.

But as I'm looking at the matchups and card it seems like they already stacked most important areas with fights.

All in all we will not get bored.
Anderson the snoozer Silva vs Sonnen and BJ who must to prove he is the best in the world at 155class.