PDA

View Full Version : Sixers Insider: Bulls offered Deng + Gibson for Iguodala

BullsDynasty
07-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Per Sixers Insider....

JMarkJohns
07-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Not sure I'd offer Gibson right now. He has very good potential and could be worth a great deal more in 2 years. Boozer always missed 20 games, so he's there as backup, is cheap and effective. I like Iguodala, but he's mainly effective with the ball in his hands. Better than Deng, yes, but not by enough to justify adding a mediocre shooter to a team that needs floor spreaders. Keep Deng and Gibson for now. Explore options later. No need to go desperate.

Flo-Rida
07-10-2010, 01:13 AM
iguodala = Desmond Mason

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Iguodola is one of the most underrated defenders in the league.

Flo-Rida
07-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Iguodola is one of the most underrated defenders in the league.

so is steve nash

DJ Mbenga
07-10-2010, 01:16 AM
deng and iggy are mostly the same crap.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 01:16 AM
iguodala = Desmond Mason

Yeah, except for the part where he's a truly great defensive player who can handle the ball like crazy and create shots for others. Iggy averages like 5-6 assists per game to Mason's 1-2.

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 01:18 AM
deng and iggy are mostly the same crap.

Yeah, except for the part where he's a truly great defensive player who can handle the ball like crazy and create shots for others. Plus is great athlete. Iggy averages like 5-6 assists per game to Deng's 2.

Booharv
07-10-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't get to watch him play much or care about him really, but Iguodola's defensive plus/minus is outstanding every year. Plus I think I remember once reading Hollinger's player card and he was blowing his defense too.

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 01:27 AM
I would be really pissed about the Mavs passing on Jefferson and now about to miss out on Iguodala, but after Thurdsay night, who gives a shit they have no shot at a title anyways.

Flo-Rida
07-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Lebron = Barkley

Barkley = Top 50 of all time your point ? just one more player to dunk the soft ass gasol :lmao

DMX7
07-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Barkley = No rings too, is what I imagine he's thinking.

himat
07-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Lebron = Barkley

Barkley went to Houston to get help in his mid 30's so don't disgrace the guy like that. He actually made it to the Finals and if MJ wasn't on the opposing sideline that man would have won a championship.

Please Luva don't disgrace The Round Mound Rebound.

Veterinarian
07-10-2010, 02:38 AM
I would be really pissed about the Mavs passing on Jefferson and now about to miss out on Iguodala, but after Thurdsay night, who gives a shit they have no shot at a title anyways.

Good work, you've advanced from anger to depression. You're only a few more stages away from acceptance.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Iggy could be the best perimeter defender in the NBA when he's focused on it, he's shown it many times in the past..I wanted him on the Spurs, even though it's a pipe dream..this would be a good deal for the Bulls..I've always thought Dallas would go hard at him..

Darrin
07-10-2010, 06:47 AM
I wish this deal had gone through. The Bulls are handling the shooting problem and they could find a Taj Gibson on the free agent market. Iggy is one of my favorite underrated players. He doesn't hold the ball in his hands any more. You're thinking of the Iggy from 3 years ago. He's played off-ball, give-and-go, and created for teammates, even making the initial pass that leads to an assist. He doesn't need the ball anymore.

DPG21920
07-10-2010, 11:13 AM
This deal was probably only in place if Lebron decided to come to the Bulls.

The Batman
07-10-2010, 11:21 AM

The Heat have nothing to do with who comes out of the West. And besides, with 3 superstar egos on one team, I guarantee you that there will be problems. Down 2, 6 seconds left in the game, who takes the shot?
They look like champions on paper, but we'll see the results soon enough

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Barkley is one of my favorites, but he loved his friendship with MJ more than he loved beating MJ. It wasn't that MJ was too good, Barkley was just too foolish.

Luva, as per usual, with the goods.

JamStone
07-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd still do the trade right now if I were the Bulls. If Philly wants to make Evan Turner their main guy, it only makes sense to ship Iguodala out and Deng fits nicely since he plays off the ball and is more suited to be a small forward.

The Bulls need that dynamic wing player who can get to the rim and also defend. He's much more of an explosive slasher than Deng and that will be good for Rose in the open court and for Boozer when he's at the high post. They're collecting shooters right now anyway, with three point range as opposed to Deng's midrange game. They could even start a guy like James Johnson who is a big and athletic small forward and bring Korver off the bench so they don't lose that size and athleticism at the small forward spot in the starting line-up. Taj Gibson had a nice rookie season but he shouldn't be a deal breaker to get Iguodala.

Goran Dragic
07-10-2010, 11:40 AM
lol saying you wouldn't trade Deng for Kobe in 2007
lol offering Deng for Iguodala 3 years later
lol always blaming coaches for shitty GMing
lol John Paxson

DPG21920
07-10-2010, 11:44 AM
The swap still makes sense for the Bulls, but I doubt Philly does that deal. Deng is still owed 51M over the next 4 years, so they don't really get any salary relief. I don't think Gibson is enough to make up the difference in Iggy and Deng.

Would not be a terrible trade, because you are getting sufficient talent and a position of need in return, but that would be a great deal for the Bulls imo.

They need another ball handler and Iggy brings that as well.

Goran Dragic
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Maybe the Laker fans can correct me, but didn't Kobe turn down the trade because Deng was involved?

Paxson said he wasn't trading Deng for Kobe.

BullsDynasty
07-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Paxson said he wasn't trading Deng for Kobe.

No, Kobe didn't want Deng included. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Deng_Bryant