PDA

View Full Version : Ticket 760???

bigfan
07-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Im assuming it is another ripoff of the The Ticket from Dallas. Do they provide reliable news? I see both the Tiago story and the RJ story are based on their reports. Have they been known to put out BS homer "I wish" stuff as news? I hope both stories are true by the way but am nervous as to the source.

Solid D
07-10-2010, 09:09 AM
They seldom break stories. If they learned about these 2 agreements-to-sign through a reliable source and had some semblance of permission to go public, then kudos to them.

rayray2k8
07-10-2010, 10:05 AM
I honestly don't like the idea of a Mav fan from that radio show breaking spurs news...

my2sons
07-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Now he's pimpin' the rangers and tried to get some bosh to dallas talk on the radio, dedicating a full segment to how bosh had an eye for cuban. the show is getting much more tolerable and funny especially since the alternative refuses to talk sports for extended periods of time sometimes as much as 45mins to an hour...

Harry Callahan
07-10-2010, 10:36 AM
The 760 station is owned by Clearchannel (also owner of 1200 WOAI), which may still be a minority owner of the Spurs.

Nathan Explosion
07-10-2010, 10:48 AM
That and stations often use "The Ticket" or "The Zone" as their moniker when it's sports talk radio.

Edit: Or The Fan.

mookie2001
07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
dallas invented sports radio

Nathan Explosion
07-10-2010, 01:39 PM
You would think Jim Rome invented radio, what with FSR going totally dark nationwide so Jim Rome can be heard.

Obstructed_View
07-10-2010, 05:25 PM
dallas invented sports radio that goes for long stretches without mentioning sports

Fixed

rr2418
07-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I like the Ticket 760. Mike and Jim Bob talk about the Spurs and the Cowboys; my favorite teams! While 760 was reporting about Splitter, the Zone's Minnix and Duel were trying to convince April Ancira to put on a Houston Texan bikini. Yes, they support the Texans! What's gross about them is that while they're "supposely" going gagas over some girl, it sounds like they're getting hot for each other! :vomit:

PublicOption
07-10-2010, 11:55 PM
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n3lphc&s=3

arodz
07-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Im assuming it is another ripoff of the The Ticket from Dallas. Do they provide reliable news? I see both the Tiago story and the RJ story are based on their reports. Have they been known to put out BS homer "I wish" stuff as news? I hope both stories are true by the way but am nervous as to the source.

You must be new to STSA. Mike Taylor is a Mavs fan working here desguised as a Spurs fan. That's why he claims the Mavs are closer to a championship than the Spurs. And that's why he says he "loves" Matt Bonner coming back to the Spurs. Of course, he does. He's not a Spurs fan. So take, whatever is reported on STSA, with a grain of salt. Keep this in mind: They have NO, and I mean NO inside info. They get their reports from yahoo sports.

Fpoonsie
07-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Fixed

Yeah, it is tha best...[swoon]

rr2418
07-11-2010, 10:53 AM
You must be new to STSA. Mike Taylor is a Mavs fan working here desguised as a Spurs fan. That's why he claims the Mavs are closer to a championship than the Spurs. And that's why he says he "loves" Matt Bonner coming back to the Spurs. Of course, he does. He's not a Spurs fan. So take, whatever is reported on STSA, with a grain of salt. Keep this in mind: They have NO, and I mean NO inside info. They get their reports from yahoo sports.

Sure Mike is a Mavs fan, but he does his job. His job is to initiate a discussing of the top sports news of the day, and of course Spurs since this is SA. Cowboys gets so much discussion b/c there are alot of fans here. Many of his views about the Spurs are right on. If Mike was from here, his opinion would be accepted. Like I wrote earlier, while Mike the Mavs fan was reporting about Splitter, Jason and Chris, two supposely Spurs fans were slobbering over April Ancira like dogs in heat. :(

ohmwrecker
07-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Like I wrote earlier, while Mike the Mavs fan was reporting about Splitter, Jason and Chris, two supposely Spurs fans were slobbering over April Ancira like dogs in heat. :(

Well, she is a dog.

spurs opsman
07-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Sure Mike is a Mavs fan, but he does his job. His job is to initiate a discussing of the top sports news of the day, and of course Spurs since this is SA. Cowboys gets so much discussion b/c there are alot of fans here. Many of his views about the Spurs are right on. If Mike was from here, his opinion would be accepted. Like I wrote earlier, while Mike the Mavs fan was reporting about Splitter, Jason and Chris, two supposely Spurs fans were slobbering over April Ancira like dogs in heat. :(

While Mike Taylor probably is a Mavs homer,he does admitted that the Mav's will never win a championship while Cuban still runs the team the way he does, (trading just for the sake of the trade and damn team chemistry). At least he talks sports which is what sports talk should be about,not like the couple of old horn dogs degrading women on 1250. Jason Minnix is the worst, that tub of lard could not date the type of "local female celebrities" that he drools over on his show,and Duel just comes across like your 13 year old buddy that had no shame in his came with the ladies,but sadly now he is near 50 and just an embarassment.