PDA

View Full Version : Source: Pat Riley will return to coach the Heat.

BullsDynasty
07-10-2010, 08:41 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68045/20100710/source_riley_will_return_to_coach_heat/

Source: Riley Will Return To Coach Heat

League sources have told the New York Daily News that Pat Riley will at some point replace Erik Spoelstra as head coach of the Heat.

"Pat won't come back for just Wade and Bosh, because that's not a sure thing in Pat's mind," said one Eastern Conference coach before Miami officially landed LeBron James.

"But with LeBron and those two, that's a sure thing for Pat. He will come back if they get LeBron."

pauls931
07-10-2010, 08:54 AM
How convenient... Damn while legal, the events of this offseason may destroy the NBA.

Basketballgirl25
07-10-2010, 09:07 AM
How convenient... Damn while legal, the events of this offseason may destroy the NBA.

It will, don't you worry. They will need to lockout that's been talked about to fix all it, who the hell is going to watch it after all the BS this summer? I expect besides from the heat ticket sales to go down and tv ratings maybe as well. Most everyone here in NJ I've talked with agrees and that includes people that like the Heat. The players have ruined the game

Muser
07-10-2010, 09:08 AM
lol thinking this will destroy the NBA.

pauls931
07-10-2010, 09:14 AM

I guess you have looking forward to revenge on the suns next season...

Muser
07-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Not really, Suns are gonna suck and Spurs will most probably be the same as they were last year.

Cry Havoc
07-10-2010, 09:20 AM

+1

Still a gutless, classless move by Riley if true. I'll have zero respect for him as a coach if he does this. Must be nice to only coach teams that have the possibility of being dominant, and letting other coaches take the rap for the years the team sucked.

pauls931
07-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Not really, Suns are gonna suck and Spurs will most probably be the same as they were last year.

true, it will pretty much be irrelevant.

JoeTait75
07-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Stick this one into the "no shit" file. Never a chance in hell Riles was going to let Erik Freaking Spoelstra run this circus. He threw a 10x better coach in Stan Van Jeremy under the bus and he was going to keep Spoelstra around to coach? Never.

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 09:40 AM
The skunk & the skunkee, eh?

Yer all just adorable.

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 09:40 AM
The skunk & the skunkee, eh?

Yer all just adorable.

MiamiHeat
07-10-2010, 09:43 AM
ok

If you read the damn link, it says "If they get LeBron, Pat will return"

so that was before even LeBron made his decision.

it's just speculation.

Pat Riley will not coach the Heat, I am telling you 100% sure down here in Miami, we know it.

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 09:44 AM
ok

If you read the damn link, it says "If they get LeBron, Pat will return"

so that was before even LeBron made his decision.

it's just speculation.

Pat Riley will not coach the Heat, I am telling you 100% sure down here in Miami, we know it.

Hell, motherfucker, Thursday night you were sure James was going to choose the Cavs.

MiamiHeat
07-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Hell, motherfucker, Thursday night you were sure James was going to choose the Cavs.

along with the large majority of the world.

this was a huge shocker.

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 09:47 AM

this was a huge shocker.

Please. You only said it to save your chicken ass.

JamStone
07-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Riley won't coach this year. He'll wait until 2011-12 when Spoelstra has a family emergency he has to tend to.

MiamiHeat
07-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Please. You only said it to save your chicken ass.

gtfo

my balls are so big, you wouldn't be able to lift them

CLE was the logical choice.

Basketballgirl25
07-10-2010, 09:59 AM

this was a huge shocker.

actually I'm pretty sure a majority of the world didn't care what the fuck happened, only us stupid American's cared to hear and maybe a couple from other places.

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 10:02 AM
especially the stupid ass San Antonio Americans.

MiamiHeat
07-10-2010, 10:07 AM
actually I'm pretty sure a majority of the world didn't care what the fuck happened, only us stupid American's cared to hear and maybe a couple from other places.

i'm an american

the usa IS the world.

Basketballgirl25
07-10-2010, 10:13 AM
i'm an american

the usa IS the world.

America is a country in the world, it isn't the world. And I'm American too and know lots of people who don't give a shit about where Lebron ended up like all of us who just want to suck these players dicks, more power to the people who don't care a shit because we should give a shit about them either. BASEBALL is better sport:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast

Muser
07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
i'm an american

the usa IS the world.

Ghazi's globe says otherwise.

HeatChamps
07-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Pat Riley>Phil Jackson. Dynasty time.

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Pat Riley>Phil Jackson. Dynasty time.

Back-to-back.

Get to it, daddy-O.

Chop, chop.

Spurminator
07-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Thing is, for a LeBron-and-Wade-led team to work they need a coach that can exert some kind of authority over them.

While it does reek of opportunism, it also makes more sense for Riley to coach this team than Spoelstra. He will get more out of them and keep them from playing every game like it's the All Star Game.

Giuseppe
07-10-2010, 11:25 AM
You got Spitter, Spurm.

IronMexican
07-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Riley is such a snake.

HeatChamps
07-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Riley is such a snake.
Poor Laker fans. :lol

IronMexican
07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Poor Laker fans. :lol

I thought it was a dirty move in 2005-2006, and I think it's a dirty move now.

Not to sound over-confident, or cocky, but I still feel LA has a better team.

IronMexican
07-10-2010, 12:41 PM
And this is the first year I have incentive to play with the Lakers on a franchise mode since 2k8.

Koolaid_Man
07-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Kobe's official response to LeMonaid's joining Miami:

Vk50p3HPsfk

JamStone
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
^ Lol pretty good

Lol Sasha

EIC
07-10-2010, 01:42 PM
It's not exactly opportunistic. Riley built (and continues to build) this freaking team. Why wouldn't he be the one to lead it? If Spoelstra was allowed to coach the team, it would be he who fell bass-ackwards into a sweet gig.

Agloco
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68045/20100710/source_riley_will_return_to_coach_heat/

Source: Riley Will Return To Coach Heat

League sources have told the New York Daily News that Pat Riley will at some point replace Erik Spoelstra as head coach of the Heat.

"Pat won't come back for just Wade and Bosh, because that's not a sure thing in Pat's mind," said one Eastern Conference coach before Miami officially landed LeBron James.

"But with LeBron and those two, that's a sure thing for Pat. He will come back if they get LeBron."

Imagine that.......Riles wants the glory for himself. What a shock.

baseline bum
07-10-2010, 02:32 PM
There's no way Wade, James, Bosh, and Miller took less to go play for Erik Spoelstra. Of course Riley's going to be back on the sidelines.

Baseline
07-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Stern has chosen a rapist to be the face of the League for at least five years now. If I were Wade or LeBron, I would greatly resent that.

These guys in Miami are not rapists. They're buds who are choosing - of their own free will - to play ball together. Guys do it every single day all over the country. You call a few buds and you play ball. Big whoop.

The League will ride this wave for the next five years, and it'll be just like the Bulls run in the 90's. The NBA will be more popular than ever.

And even though that scumbag Stern had nothing to do with it, he'll laugh all the way to the bank.

Baseline
07-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Not to sound over-confident, or cocky, but I still feel LA has a better team.

Naw, Laker fans never sound overconfident or cocky. Or arrogant or entitled or brainless or rapist-adoring or bandwagonning or posers or completely ignorant of real basketball.

And by the way, keep telling yourself that LA has a better team than Miami.

angelbelow
07-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I dont believe you

Mr.Stern
07-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Stern has chosen a rapist to be the face of the League for at least five years now. If I were Wade or LeBron, I would greatly resent that.

These guys in Miami are not rapists. They're buds who are choosing - of their own free will - to play ball together. Guys do it every single day all over the country. You call a few buds and you play ball. Big whoop.

The League will ride this wave for the next five years, and it'll be just like the Bulls run in the 90's. The NBA will be more popular than ever.

And even though that scumbag Stern had nothing to do with it, he'll laugh all the way to the bank.

Come on now, aren't you being a little too harsh. Kobe is not a rapist, thats absurd. Yes revenues are going to increase if thats what you mean when you said Ill laugh my way to the bank, but Im not a scumbag.

IronMexican
07-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Baseline's mad.

BadOdor
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Baseline's mad.

Very.

07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
riley makes sense. he wants to quickly bind the superfriends together early and then hand over the reigns later. other than riley, there are only two other coaches left in the league that can do that can demand the same unquestionable respect, who are popovich and jackson. can't risk the chemistry not working out and egos clashing, riley will have to keep them in check.

Sisk
07-10-2010, 04:35 PM
America is a country in the world, it isn't the world. And I'm American too and know lots of people who don't give a shit about where Lebron ended up like all of us who just want to suck these players dicks, more power to the people who don't care a shit because we should give a shit about them either. BASEBALL is better sport:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast

:wow:wow:wow:wow