PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves want Dampier

The Batman
07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
The Timberwolves have, indeed, asked for Damp from Dallas, but they're offering only Marion, Stevenson, Carroll 36 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/TheRocketGuy/status/18204883062) via txt (http://twitter.com/devices)

http://twitter.com/therocketguy

from some guy at hoopsworld

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2010, 11:32 AM
you think some guy named "the batman" would know how to search.

The Batman
07-10-2010, 11:34 AM

It's not nighttime yet

Goran Dragic
07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
:lmao Marion Stephenson and Carroll for Jefferson I'm not even sure if that trade would save Minnesota money.

TinTin
07-10-2010, 11:35 AM

:lol

It's not nighttime yet

:lmao

Malice
07-10-2010, 11:35 AM
They do?! Why?

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2010, 11:40 AM
They do?! Why?

so the can waive him and save 15 mil

MarkCuban
07-10-2010, 11:41 AM
They do?! Why?

Is this a trick question? I can't tell

All 32 teams have inquired me about our low post presence and veteran full of savvy, Erick Dampier. :hat:hat

We've listened to a multitude of offers. Even a tempting one from the Lakers where they offered Gasol and Kobe straight up. However, we feel like that would be a scary thing if the Mavs wound up with those two. They might do something weird like dunk the ball, or make clutch shots, or will us to victory.

That's not Maverick basketball.

Maverick basketball consists of a solid group of savvy veterans who make intelligent savvy plays and we feel Kobe and Pau don't bring us that right now. Once they turn 38 we might go down that line but now is not the time.

The only offers we are listening too are the Bucks looking to shop Stackhouse but there is no way we are parting with Dampier :madrun

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2010, 11:43 AM
It's not nighttime yet

so then shouldn't you be Bruce Wayne?

DPG21920
07-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Mavs front office is crazy. They overvalue and overplay their hands.

Findog
07-10-2010, 11:46 AM
:lmao Marion Stephenson and Carroll for Jefferson I'm not even sure if that trade would save Minnesota money.

marion and carroll are bad contracts.

Findog
07-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Mavs front office is crazy. They overvalue and overplay their hands.

yep :bang

Indazone
07-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Damn, the T-wolves now have as it stands, Jefferson, Darko, Beasley, Pekovic, Flynn plus a whole lot of other 7 footers on their roster. They upgraded their coaching staff and now have Kurt Rambis as head coach with Reggie Theus and Bill Laimbeer as assistants.

These guys could be really really good and show up as a darkhorse.

Goran Dragic
07-10-2010, 11:49 AM
lol calling Kurt Rambis a coaching staff upgrade. He's arguably the worst coach in the NBA.

MarkCuban
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Damn, the T-wolves now have as it stands, Jefferson, Darko, Beasley, Pekovic, Flynn plus a whole lot of other 7 footers on their roster. They upgraded their coaching staff and now have Kurt Rambis as head coach with Reggie Theus and Bill Laimbeer as assistants.

These guys could be really really good and show up as a darkhorse.

See that is something we are aware of at the Mavs front office.

As it stands, this Timberwolves team has enough savvy veterans to make them title contenders as it is. If we give them a guy like Dampier for Jefferson, the NBA would probably investigate collusion.

There's no way they can have Dampier for garbage like that. Dampier makes them a dynasty instantly

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM
lol calling Kurt Rambis a coaching staff upgrade. He's arguably the worst coach in the NBA.

well he did help save the city of cascade from a nuclear terrorist attack

The Batman
07-10-2010, 11:55 AM
so then shouldn't you be Bruce Wayne?

Touche, forgot to change out the costume...be right back

Goran Dragic
07-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Why does Donnie Nelson still have a job? He has more spending power than any GM in the league, but has put a team together that can't get out of the 1st round, and the only reason it's a playoff team is because of a player his daddy found.

Native American
07-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I met emigrants from Cuba referred to as the Taino. These Taino had perfected a craft of how to nurture, pack, paper wrap, and then smoke tobacco in a form called cigars, a form of smoking I was quite unfamiliar with. The Taino would share a ceremonial cigar with people they traded goods with as a sign of the trade pact. When I first approached a group of Taino with what I felt was a very enticing trade proposal, one of the Taino blew smoke in my face. I was shocked at the rude display and did not know what the hell to think. And by that I mean when Mark rejects a Dampier for Al Jefferson deal, I have to wonder, "what the hell is this Cuban smoking?"

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 12:15 PM

I loved the reports that after firing Kevin McHale, the T-Wolves were looking for a "McHale type coach"

MavDynasty
07-10-2010, 12:16 PM
What the fuck?Didn't the Mavs say that no one is interested in the Dampier contract? The Mavs could get fucking Al Jefferson possibly from this trade.

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
What the fuck?Didn't the Mavs say that no one is interested in the Dampier contract? The Mavs could get fucking Al Jefferson possibly from this trade.

Donnie and Cuban are displaying a level of stupidity never before achieved by them (and they've done some pretty stupid shit in the past). I get comfort that even if they weren't completely inept assholes, it wouldn't matter because they're not beating the Lakers and Miami. So the whole thing is pointless.

Goran Dragic
07-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I loved the reports that after firing Kevin McHale, the T-Wolves were looking for a "McHale type coach"

The found a McHale type GM, but I'm not even gonna give Rambis enough credit as a McHale type coach :lol. When McHale had a healthy Jefferson in 2009 he had the Timberwolves playing around .500 basketball, Rambis trying the triangle was more stupid than anything McHale did as a coach.

MavDynasty
07-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Then again, I don't think Big Haywood's pussy would allow Jefferson to play in front of him.

lol at donnie thinking roddy will save them because its the only good player he has found in the draft since his dad left

Amarelooms
07-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Donnie and Cuban are displaying a level of stupidity never before achieved by them (and they've done some pretty stupid shit in the past). I get comfort that even if they weren't completely inept assholes, it wouldn't matter because they're not beating the Lakers and Miami. So the whole thing is pointless.

Yeah they are idiots...bet they were playing hardball....might have worked until all this FUCKING TEAMS got trade exemptions.

Donnie and Cuban are idiots....should have just traded Damps contract and a 1st rounder and just get Big Al. I have no doubt Cleveland is going to over pay to get him now...esp with their owner being in a manic phase.

You're right though...doesn't matter...Mavs ain't winning with or without him.

:elephant

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 12:24 PM
So according to DB.com, the reason they're rejecting the Jefferson deal is because they actually think they can get Chris Paul :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

These guys run a fucking basketball team.....

Amarelooms
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Chis Paul is going to leave and play in Miami first chance he gets....FORGET ABOUT PAUL YOU IDIOTS lol....ahhhh fuck it....who cares....Mavs suck

Shastafarian
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Let's put aside the ineptitude of the Mavs FO for a second. Is there any doubt Ricardo Montalban could do a better job as Minnesota GM right now?

MarkCuban
07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
So according to DB.com, the reason they're rejecting the Jefferson deal is because they actually think they can get Chris Paul :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

These guys run a fucking basketball team.....

Ludacris! We are not getting Chris Paul, when we have the veteran Jason Kidd. He's been to two finals in his career, how many does Paul have?

Findog
07-10-2010, 12:58 PM

The only hope is that all these reports are bullshit, that nobody knows for sure what exactly is being discussed between Kahn and Mark/Donnie. I can understand not consummating a trade immediately, telling the Wolves "Give us a deadline before you pull this offer" and see if Damp can net something better...but if their basic stance is that Al Jefferson is not worthy of Damp's contract, then they are clueless dipshits.

The only saving grace is that it doesn't make logical sense to turn down Jefferson for Damp and then say you are open to just letting the thing thing expire and keep the savings for yourself. The whole point of hyping up this contract for a year is that it represents a trade chip to the Mavs and a cost-cutting tool for other teams. Cuban is supposed to be the guy that treats the Mavs as his expensive playtoy.

DPG21920
07-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, but the Mavs don't benefit by having him expire. Sure they will have some cap space next year, but they will also have a ton of holes to fill. Plus no one knows what the CBA will look like next year.

JamStone
07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
One of the only things that might be a real consideration to not pull the trigger is that they just paid Haywood a $55 million contract so they'd be paying huge money for either Haywood or Jefferson to be a 24 minute bench player. Not that spending money is a huge issue for Cuban, but it could be a consideration. So perhaps they are more bent on trying to use Dampier to get a shooting guard like Iguodala then getting another big man.

That could be one semi-legitimate rationale for it.

Mel_13
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Ah, the DUST Chip. Perhaps more dust than chip.

It was a unique asset a week ago, but not any longer. Chicago, Cleveland, and Toronto all own TEs of a similar size or larger. The TEs last for a year, as opposed to expiring on opening night like the chip, and can be be used in several smaller transactions if need be.

Best to take Jefferson while he's still available.

Findog
07-10-2010, 01:13 PM
One of the only things that might be a real consideration to not pull the trigger is that they just paid Haywood a $55 million contract so they'd be paying huge money for either Haywood or Jefferson to be a 24 minute bench player. Not that spending money is a huge issue for Cuban, but it could be a consideration. So perhaps they are more bent on trying to use Dampier to get a shooting guard like Iguodala then getting another big man.

That could be one semi-legitimate rationale for it.

The Mavs have two glaring holes on their roster: lack of efficient low-post scoring and a lack for a slashing two-guard that can get to the rim and draw fouls. Roddy B could be an All Star or he could end up being a serviceable rotation player. Hard to say what his ceiling is, but compare his rookie stats side to side to those of Marquis Daniels in a blind taste test and tell me who is destined for the better career. At the very least I think he is good enough to be in an 8-man rotation for a good team. I think he will get 25-30 minutes next year in the Mavs backcourt rotation and will jump ahead of Terry on the depth chart. Unless Chris Paul or somebody else like that becomes available, I think the Mavs should focus on low-post scoring.

Jefferson could operate in the low post and you could put Dirk in the high post. You have 96 minutes to spread between Dirk, Jefferson and Haywood. They could each get around 32 minutes a game in the regular season. Haywood starts against some teams based on matchups, Jefferson against others. Haywood has a very important job as the best defender of the three and the guy who rebounds, blocks shots and protects the rim. Two of those three guys would be in the game at all times.

Dampier for Jefferson is a huge Win for the Mavs. I can understand not taking a stance of desperation and at least trying to get Jefferson w/o sacrificing Damp, but if they maintain that Damp for Jefferson is completely off the table, it explains a lot of how they have gotten to this point.

sribb43
07-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Mavs front office needs to stop with these ridiculous pipe dreams. Either use DUST on something that helps this team or just waive Damp and his contract

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 01:20 PM
god dammit Cuban

JamStone
Lol I don't disagree with any of that. I was just offering possible logic.

The Mavs have two glaring holes on their roster: lack of efficient low-post scoring and a lack for a slashing two-guard that can get to the rim and draw fouls. Roddy B could be an All Star or he could end up being a serviceable rotation player. Hard to say what his ceiling is, but compare his rookie stats side to side to those of Marquis Daniels in a blind taste test and tell me who is destined for the better career. At the very least I think he is good enough to be in an 8-man rotation for a good team. I think he will get 25-30 minutes next year in the Mavs backcourt rotation and will jump ahead of Terry on the depth chart. Unless Chris Paul or somebody else like that becomes available, I think the Mavs should focus on low-post scoring.

Jefferson could operate in the low post and you could put Dirk in the high post. You have 96 minutes to spread between Dirk, Jefferson and Haywood. They could each get around 32 minutes a game in the regular season. Haywood starts against some teams based on matchups, Jefferson against others. Haywood has a very important job as the best defender of the three and the guy who rebounds, blocks shots and protects the rim. Two of those three guys would be in the game at all times.

Dampier for Jefferson is a huge Win for the Mavs. I can understand not taking a stance of desperation and at least trying to get Jefferson w/o sacrificing Damp, but if they maintain that Damp for Jefferson is completely off the table, it explains a lot of how they have gotten to this point.

Roddy Beaubois
"It's also possible that guard Jason Terry could be featured in a package for Jefferson. Terry's contract has two years remaining for more than $20 million, but he can be bought out for $5 million after this season if his playing time is slashed to less than 1,500 minutes."

good. Ship that fucker out

MavDynasty
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
"It's also possible that guard Jason Terry could be featured in a package for Jefferson. Terry's contract has two years remaining for more than $20 million, but he can be bought out for $5 million after this season if his playing time is slashed to less than 1,500 minutes."

good. Ship that fucker out

:tu

Venti Quattro
07-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Somebody still wants Eric Dampier?

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 01:37 PM
From Ingram's Twitter:

@Magic_Dude24 No...hearing Cavs get Jefferson... about 1 hour ago via Twitter for Android from Oates Corner Retail, Mesquite in reply to Magic_Dude24

@howlintwolf Cavs are offering 16m TPE...much more likely... about 1 hour ago via Twitter for Android from Oates Corner Retail, Mesquite in reply to howlintwolf

The Timberwolves have, indeed, asked for Damp from Dallas, but they're offering only Marion, Stevenson, Carroll about 2 hours ago via txt

Fuck

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 01:41 PM
These stupid fucks....

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Somebody still wants Eric Dampier?

yes, for the dust chip

MavDynasty
07-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Fuck Mark and Donnie. Fuck Carlisle.

Last summer they were praised for turning shit into Marion, Roddy, more draft picks, and even the Caron/Haywood trade.

and now they are too pussy to do this deal because they are in some pipedream of Chris Paul going to Dallas? It's too late, they had their chance and they fucking blew it. What the fuck.

They better hope that this is just some kind of smoke screen and that there is really a better deal out there that they're after because this is fucking stupid.

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 01:50 PM
The only reason these fucks have for not pulling the trigger immediately is if they have had discussions with NO for Chris Paul and think they have a legitimate shot. I severely doubt it, but they obviously know things we don't.

MavDynasty
07-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Didn't the New Orleans owner publicly say that he is NOT trading Chris Paul?

I also thought his contract expires after next year and if that is the case then it would just be a 1yr rental before he joins his homeboy LeBron down in South Beach.

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Where the fuck is Ghazi btw?

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Didn't the New Orleans owner publicly say that he is NOT trading Chris Paul?

I also thought his contract expires after next year and if that is the case then it would just be a 1yr rental before he joins his homeboy LeBron down in South Beach.

new cba prob won't let that happen

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 01:55 PM
I think Pauls contract has two years left. And I dont think he will sign with the Heat. Didn't he try to get Lebron to stay in CLE?

MavDynasty

tbh i think i heard he was in iran or some shit

dallasmavsnfuego214

sup Ghazi

MavDynasty
07-10-2010, 01:58 PM
tbh i don't know who the fuck Roddy is :lol

imho its badfish

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
yes Im badfish tbh :cry

Amarelooms
07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
lol at the Mavs son....fuck them. But God bless you all

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Heres the lead dumbass: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5368272&campaign=rss&source=DALLASHeadlines

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 02:02 PM
"We'll try to address that backup 4 and 5 and try not to give up a lot doing it," Nelson said.
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang :bang

MavDynasty
07-10-2010, 02:03 PM
"We're not just looking for reasons to get players that aren't going to help us," Nelson said. "It wouldn't make sense if we all of a sudden got some fossil at the end of his career and it cost us $10 million, plus tax, and he didn't crack the rotation.

"We've got that [Dampier] chip. It's a valuable one. We're actively in discussions, but we'll pull that trigger if it makes sense and we can take a significant step forward."

I didn't know a young 20-10 Jefferson was a fossil at the end of his career. I thought he was a roster upgrade over Dampier but I guess not.

sefant77
07-10-2010, 02:06 PM
"We'll try to address that backup 4 and 5 and try not to give up a lot doing it," Nelson said.
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang :bang

Just look what Gooden/Petro/Amir etc got. Why spending half of Jeffersons money on crappy backups?

If we blow Jefferson for Dampier it has to end up with Paul or Iggy or it will be a giant failure.

Cavs getting the TE was a huge punch in the stomach for the value of the dust.

SevenX
07-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Haywood, Dirk, and Big Al should be substituted like the Lakers front court. Always have 2 of those 3 on the court at all times. They need to do this shit now.

sefant77
07-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Haywood, Dirk, and Big Al should be substituted like the Lakers front court. Always have 2 of those 3 on the court at all times. They need to do this shit now.

This. And you can save money on overpaying some backups like Petro etc.

You can even cut down Dirks minutes.

Dirk 35 /Al 13
Haywood 30 / Al 18

Warlord23
07-10-2010, 02:34 PM
LMAO paying Haywood 6 years / 65 million but not willing to pony up 3 yrs /42 million for a legit 20-10 player.

Only the Mavs.

sefant77
07-10-2010, 02:37 PM
LMAO paying Haywood 6 years / 65 million but not willing to pony up 3 yrs /42 million for a legit 20-10 player.

Only the Mavs.

rofl, so wrong in so many levels

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 02:39 PM

I don't know but here's his official response

lateral fucking move!

dirk4mvp
07-10-2010, 02:43 PM
tbh he's in his homeland bonding with his people.

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
tbh are Mavs fans really all that upset over this?

I can't be pissed when I know that any trade available still leaves them in the "no chance in hell" category. Before Thursday night's proceedings, I'd be livid over this. I'd be spitting mad. I'd be a tornado of anger swirling about.

Now I just don't care.

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Eh, its fun to contend. I think the Lakers are beatable, so it would be cool to get back to the finals with Miami and get skullfucked again.

BadOdor
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Sons you might as well tank for the next 5 years. Nobody ain't winning shit other than miami.

BUMP
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
tbh are Mavs fans really all that upset over this?

I can't be pissed when I know that any trade available still leaves them in the "no chance in hell" category. Before Thursday night's proceedings, I'd be livid over this. I'd be spitting mad. I'd be a tornado of anger swirling about.

Now I just don't care.

same here, except i kinda want to get a competitive team out there. If we could get Chris Paul or Jefferson, you never know, that's a pretty damn good team.

I kinda like the posturing Dallas is doing. I think this is all a bluff. Who knows if they have a real chance at getting Chris Paul? If they do, awesome, if not I fully expect them to make the Jefferson/Dampier trade.

Basically, by offering them the Marion/Carroll/Stevenson scrub deal, they are trying to take advantage of the dumbasses that run the T'Wolves since they are desperately shopping Al. If we could pull that off.....:lmao

But at the same time if Minnesota doesn't bite (which i don't expect them too) we will do that deal. By saying "There's a real possibility we don't trade that dust chip" the Mavs are really just trying to make Minnesota think that there is no other way to trade Jefferson.

I like this CIA work by the Mavs FO:hat

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 03:11 PM
same here, except i kinda want to get a competitive team out there. If we could get Chris Paul or Jefferson, you never know, that's a pretty damn good team.

I kinda like the posturing Dallas is doing. I think this is all a bluff. Who knows if they have a real chance at getting Chris Paul? If they do, awesome, if not I fully expect them to make the Jefferson/Dampier trade.

Basically, by offering them the Marion/Carroll/Stevenson scrub deal, they are trying to take advantage of the dumbasses that run the T'Wolves since they are desperately shopping Al. If we could pull that off.....:lmao

But at the same time if Minnesota doesn't bite (which i don't expect them too) we will do that deal. By saying "There's a real possibility we don't trade that dust chip" the Mavs are really just trying to make Minnesota think that there is no other way to trade Jefferson.

I like this CIA work by the Mavs FO:hat

That would be a decent strategy if Cleveland didn't have a big ass trade exception.

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Or, MIN could get sick of us offering fucking retarded deals and trade Jefferson to Cleveland.

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't know but here's his official response

It would probably be something like:

:cry great fucking posturing. We gonna be staaaaaked :danceclub

BUMP
07-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Or, MIN could get sick of us offering fucking retarded deals and trade Jefferson to Cleveland.

If we get screwed over by the T'Wolves front office.......:shootme

Amarelooms
07-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Fully expect that to happen son...the Mavs ain't getting no one

MarkCuban
07-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Guys, relax. While this is not easy, but I think we have a deal in place with the T'Wolves. It's tough to part with Dampier, but they are offering Mark Madsen and his championship experience so this is something we will have to pounce on.

:elephant:elephant:elephant

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Jefferson could operate in the low post and you could put Dirk in the high post. You have 96 minutes to spread between Dirk, Jefferson and Haywood. They could each get around 32 minutes a game in the regular season.

This is assuming they stick to a three man rotation during the regular season, which no one, not even teams like the Nuggets who have only three competent bigs even do. Plus all the games that are blowouts would lower their minutes.

Also, I don't think Jefferson and Haywood on the floor at the same time works against a lot of teams given they're both centers. Particularly uptempo ones. That said I would still take Jefferson and play Haywood only 15-20 minutes a game if it comes to that.

Findog
07-10-2010, 04:24 PM
This is assuming they stick to a three man rotation during the regular season, which no one, not even teams like the Nuggets who have only three competent bigs even do. Plus all the games that are blowouts would lower their minutes.

Also, I don't think Jefferson and Haywood on the floor at the same time works against a lot of teams given they're both centers. Particularly uptempo ones. That said I would still take Jefferson and play Haywood only 15-20 minutes a game if it comes to that.

Haywood's a 5, Jefferson can play the 4. If I'm Carlisle, I experiment with Dirk/Haywood, Dirk/Al, Al/Haywood plenty in November to see what works and what doesn't.

Turning Damp into Jefferson is a major win. If we can pick up Corey Brewer in the process, even better. I'd rather have Chris Paul, but all indications are that the Hornets are not ready to part with him. They don't really have any incentive to move him until next summer if they can't get him to agree to an extension. I have a hard time thinking they'll make him available until then.

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Turning Damp into Jefferson is a major win.

This shouldn't have to be said. Yet for some reason its something our FO cant grasp.

Pau Gasoft
07-10-2010, 04:28 PM
nooo noo noo nooo

el phat azz ally ghefferson wheel make eee suft egain

:elephant:elephant:elephant

Findog
07-10-2010, 04:31 PM
This shouldn't have to be said. Yet for some reason its something our FO cant grasp.

I had no problem with them turning down Damp for Deng because SF is our most stacked position and I didn't want to help them clear cap space for the summer. Deng doesn't really help us because of the composition of our roster. He doesn't bring us anything we don't already have. But Jefferson fills a major need. When was the last time we had a back to the basket low-post scorer who can score efficiently? Have we ever?

BUMP
07-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Have we ever?

Nope

Roddy Beaubois
07-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Stein:

Cavs have had talks with Wolves about Al Jefferson. Not serious at moment. Wolves want assets, not just salary dump

Mavs' Jefferson talks have been more frequent but Wolves want draft picks WITH Dampier's cap-friendly contract. Mavs offering neither

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Haywood's a 5, Jefferson can play the 4. If I'm Carlisle, I experiment with Dirk/Haywood, Dirk/Al, Al/Haywood plenty in November to see what works and what doesn't.

Turning Damp into Jefferson is a major win. If we can pick up Corey Brewer in the process, even better. I'd rather have Chris Paul, but all indications are that the Hornets are not ready to part with him. They don't really have any incentive to move him until next summer if they can't get him to agree to an extension. I have a hard time thinking they'll make him available until then.
I'm skeptical of Jefferson playing the four, I know he did earlier in his career with Boston. But he couldn't play the four against teams like GS who onlys plays one big and four wings, or OKC because he couldn't cover Green in transition (I know Green sucked in the playoffs but still has some ability), or Orlando with Rashard Lewis. Even guys like David West or Odom could give him problems in transition. He's coming off knee surgery and his build is more suited to center in today's NBA. Its the same thing I feel with SA trying to play two centers in Splitter and Duncan in today's NBA. Doesn't work unless one is really mobile/athletic like Gasol. In the old days I think teams would stay big and just pound the ball into the post and make teams match up to them.

I'd take Jefferson in a second. I'm just certain that his coming will lead to significantly less minutes and more incidents/sulking from Haywood. Just providing a warning.

Findog
07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I'd take Jefferson in a second. I'm just certain that his coming will lead to significantly less minutes and more incidents/sulking from Haywood. Just providing a warning.

As far as Haywood goes, there's still plenty of minutes for him here if Jefferson comes, and he just got PAID. He has an important role as the only one of those three guys that can protect the rim. If his pussy is still hurt, then you can deal him because big men are always in short supply and high demand.

Amarelooms
07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Stein:

Cavs have had talks with Wolves about Al Jefferson. Not serious at moment. Wolves want assets, not just salary dump

Mavs' Jefferson talks have been more frequent but Wolves want draft picks WITH Dampier's cap-friendly contract. Mavs offering neither

Son I want to punch Cuban and Donnie in the face...they don't want to give up Damp OR PICKS.....well what the fuck do you want to give up.

Send them Damp and a future #1 already

Someone tell me where they are at so I can punch em

Harry Callahan
07-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Matt Carroll (a long ago Spurs castoff) is making almost $4MM a year (for the next three years) to sit at the end of the Mavs bench and pull splinters out of his butt. Once again, money to burn.

And the "Dust Chip" may turn into a "Cow Chip" and make Mike Fisher cry on his cheerleader outfit.

Shank
07-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Use the Yankees-Lee-Rangers trade as a reference. If it comes down to the wire, then Mavs will jump in and pony up. Unless they've heard of something better coming along (which they haven't), then Al represents the big fish of the summer. And I'm fine with that. If Brewer can be wrangled, then all the better.

Shank
07-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd be worried about the Jazz working something out for him, but then I remembered Jefferson is black. Nix that.

sribb43
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Mavs offering Marion, Stevenson, and Carroll is laughable for Jefferson....

sribb43
07-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Mavs need to rock a big lineup of:

PG Kidd
SG Butler
SF Dirk
PF Jefferson
C Haywood

that lineup would have to play zone all the time bc it couldnt guard anyone 1on1. mavs would need to bring in Jim Boeheim to teach the how to play the 2-3 matchup zone

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Mavs offering Marion, Stevenson, and Carroll is laughable for Jefferson....
Not necessarily. The Gasol trade proved you never know how stupid a GM is until you ask. Plus:

http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/kahn.jpg

Kidding aside, yes it is stupid. The only thing I can think of is they might be thinking that because Jefferson never played on a winning team his stats are somewhat bogus, or that his defense is worse than it is. From what I've read he's improved his effort on D the last few years. Turning odwn this trade and this hopeless pursuit of CP3 has me clinging to to the thought of Beaubois becoming Tiny Archibald next season.

sribb43
07-10-2010, 09:26 PM
id rather not guard anyone and at least be big and capable of rebounding, and at least have one shot blocking presence in the paint over any of the shit we saw last year or anything any retard mav fan on this site has suggested. at least that lineup could score like crazy

that makes no sense...play no D and expect to have a GS/PHX offense

Zelophehad
07-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Mavs need to rock a big lineup of:

PG Kidd
SG Butler
SF Dirk
PF Jefferson
C Haywood
Kidd can't guard quick point guards, Butler can't guard quick shooting guards, Dirk can't guard any small forwards, and Jefferson can't quick power forwards. That lineup would give up 65% fg so rebounds would be moot.

sribb43
07-10-2010, 09:34 PM
it's better than the kidd/beaubois/butler /dirk/jefferson lineup mav fan was nutting themselves about

if mavs get Al the lineup should be

PG Kidd
SG Roddy
SF Butler
PF Dirk
C Haywood

Bench: Al, Marion, JET

I think it is crucial for Butler to play SF to excel and bringing those 3 off the bench gives you offense and D

If Haywood doesnt start I see him being a little bitch about it and could ruin chemistry of the team. Im also hesistant to have Marion come off the bench bc he thinks he should play 48 min and score 20 points a night

Booharv
07-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Cuban is staring a great deal in the face and he doesn't even know it. He must be looking at those same broken proprietary advanced stats he talked about that told him Kidd was the second best player in the league, when evaluating Jefferson. Seriously, I would be pissed if the Mavs got Jefferson for nothing but Dampier's contract and some draft picks.

RoddyBukkake
07-10-2010, 09:41 PM
LOL at turning down AL for just the dream of having CP58

Shank
07-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Mavs are concerned with Jefferson's health and his contract. They're willing to spend, but balking at the size of that particular player's contract.

Amarelooms
07-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Cuban is staring a great deal in the face and he doesn't even know it. He must be looking at those same broken proprietary advanced stats he talked about that told him Kidd was the second best player in the league, when evaluating Jefferson. Seriously, I would be pissed if the Mavs got Jefferson for nothing but Dampier's contract and some draft picks.

Son no one cares if you'd be pissed....God bless

ElNono
07-10-2010, 11:15 PM
FWIW, Roddy is playing great on the SL...

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Mavs are concerned with Jefferson's health and his contract. They're willing to spend, but balking at the size of that particular player's contract.

They sure find odd times to pick their spots. They didn't worry about Marion's health. They didn't worry about Kidd's contract.

MarkCuban
07-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Trust me, us at the Dallas Mavericks FO are aware of this. Beaubois is poised to breakout as our 13th man this season

sribb43
07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Just heard JET say during the mavs SL game that they need a low post presence that will help the mavs Slavic on the floor and draw double teams. Make this shit happen now.

ElNono
07-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Trust me, us at the Dallas Mavericks FO are aware of this. Beaubois is poised to breakout as our 13th man this season

You better be aware Mark, I just saw you on TV watching the game! :lol

badfish22
07-11-2010, 03:10 AM

Really had a nice bounce back game from that steaming pile of shit he put on the court on Friday