PDA

View Full Version : It won't work for Miami

Rooster Fish
07-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Too many cooks in the kitchen, not enough pots and pans, not enough lube.

Statistically, Lebron has the ball in his hand 54% of the time on his team, Wade 48% of the time, Bosh, 32% of the time. Last I checked:

54 + 48 + 32 = more than 100%

So their individual scoring will go down. Also they have to share the limelight which will reduce their endorsement income. It's going to be an epic meltdown and LA will continue to roll!

HeatChamps
07-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Nope. We are not going to lose. Best team of all-time.

monosylab1k
07-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah but Lebron/Wade/Bosh said they're going to give 134% next season so it all works out mathematically.

djohn2oo8
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
LeBron has been reduced to a role player, since he wants to avoid greatness

himat
07-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah but Lebron/Wade/Bosh said they're going to give 134% next season so it all works out mathematically.

:lol Honestly they are not going to put in as much work as the smaller Big 2 up north did (The Celtics).

You can just tell by the smug way they acted yesterday.

But maybe I'm wrong. I sort of hope they get things easy during the regular season. That always spells doom.

Shastafarian
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Rooster Fish
Laker Power!!!! CockleDo
Position: Streaky Guard
Team: Los Angeles Lakers
vBookie Cash: $4400

lol

Basketballgirl25
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
:lol Honestly they are not going to put in as much work as the smaller Big 2 up north did (The Celtics).

You can just tell by the smug way they acted yesterday.

But maybe I'm wrong. I sort of hope they get things easy during the regular season. That always spells doom.

yeah, from the way they acted yesterday I don't think they will be good, they all seemed kind of cocky to me, after about 3 games I can tell who will be the champs. I picked the Celtics in 2008, picked either Lakers or Celtics in 2009 and in 2010 I picked Lakers and have been right so far.

Rooster Fish
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Rooster Fish
Laker Power!!!! CockleDo
Position: Streaky Guard
Team: Los Angeles Lakers
vBookie Cash: $4400

lol

They still have a team in San Antonio? BTW, I liked Bruce Bowen's abs.

Shastafarian
07-10-2010, 03:27 PM
They still have a team in San Antonio? BTW, I liked Bruce Bowen's abs.

I'm just trying to figure out if you're actually a Laker fan (in that case lol) or if you're a troll from another fanbase.

HeatChamps
07-10-2010, 03:36 PM
We said the same shit with Shaq, Malone, Payton, and Kobe. You still have the play the games.
Malone past his prime and got injured and Payton was way past his prime as well. The Heat top players are in their prime.

Rooster Fish
07-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm just trying to figure out if you're actually a Laker fan (in that case lol) or if you're a troll from another fanbase.

I'll give you a clue. I'm gay.

Flo-Rida
07-10-2010, 03:40 PM
I love this shit shit all the hate and everyone talking shit . It seems to me you laker fans are scared were gonna deprive u of a three peat , im calling that shit btw heat 2011 champs . You all can quote me on that .

himat
07-10-2010, 03:49 PM
yeah, from the way they acted yesterday I don't think they will be good, they all seemed kind of cocky to me, after about 3 games I can tell who will be the champs. I picked the Celtics in 2008, picked either Lakers or Celtics in 2009 and in 2010 I picked Lakers and have been right so far.

Oh no they'll be good...they'll be real good. I just believe that a team always has a moment where they really have to dig down deep and win some tough games where everything is against them to win a championship. It happens every year.

I just think the chances of that happening lowers when you act like idiots off the court.

Flo-Rida
07-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh no they'll be good...they'll be real good. I just believe that a team always has a moment where they really have to dig down deep and win some tough games where everything is against them to win a championship. It happens every year.

I just think the chances of that happening lowers when you act like idiots off the court.

they know everything everyone is saying you dont think they know that people are doubting them ?

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 04:12 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Lebron handles his newfound status in the league.

No matter what he does from here on out he will be ridiculed as Scottie Pippen 2.0. For someone who has the "Chosen One" tattooed on his back and refers to himself as the King, he may be in for a rude awakening. Maybe he thinks that the team will be his once he gets there?

himat
07-10-2010, 04:12 PM
they know everything everyone is saying you dont think they know that people are doubting them ?

Right but at the end of the day it's up to them to put in more effort than the other teams. Are you confident they will do that?

I'm not saying they won't work harder than other teams, but it wouldn't surprise me.

And they shouldn't work hard because people's comments. They should work hard just to work hard because thats what produces championships.

I think they can only drive on the fuel of people's doubts for so long. At the end of the day its up to them to put the work in. From LBJ's quitting performance last year I cannot be 100% sure that will happen. Get what I'm saying?

Flo-Rida
07-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Right but at the end of the day it's up to them to put in more effort than the other teams. Are you confident they will do that?

I'm not saying they won't work harder than other teams, but it wouldn't surprise me.

And they shouldn't work hard because people's comments. They should work hard just to work hard because thats what produces championships.

I think they can only drive on the fuel of people's doubts for so long. At the end of the day its up to them to put the work in. From LBJ's quitting performance last year I cannot be 100% sure that will happen. Get what I'm saying?

If they were willing to make this SACRIFICE they better . I think everyone doubting them saying "it wont work" "to many egos" blah blah blah are gonna find out this team is for real. But enough with the assumptions were all making here . Lets all watch how this unfolds then we can start discussing shit .

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Lebron still believes that there won't be a de facto leader on the team. That all three of them will share responsibilities on different nights.

That's simply not how it works. Even with the Celtics Big 3, there is no question Pierce is the leader. With Shaq and Kobe, Shaq dominated the first 3 quarters and Kobe closed games out. There has to be an established alpha dog or else there will likely be problems down the road. It's just how it goes in sports.

himat
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Lebron still believes that there won't be a de facto leader on the team. That all three of them will share responsibilities on different nights.

That's simply not how it works. Even with the Celtics Big 3, there is no question Pierce is the leader. With Shaq and Kobe, Shaq dominated the first 3 quarters and Kobe closed games out. There has to be an established alpha dog or else there will likely be problems down the road. It's just how it goes in sports.

GREAT POST. Yes ultimately someone has to take control when things get rough. They can't divide the ball in thirds.

And when one of those guys makes a mistake in that situation it won't be all fun and games anymore.

That's why the Lakers have done great the last 2 years. Kobe knows he's first, Gasol knows he's second, and everyone else does there role.

himat
07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
If they were willing to make this SACRIFICE they better . I think everyone doubting them saying "it wont work" "to many egos" blah blah blah are gonna find out this team is for real. But enough with the assumptions were all making here . Lets all watch how this unfolds then we can start discussing shit .

:lol Absolutely. But we have a while to wait so...

I can still smack talk LeBron for punking out and leaving his team out to dry on national television though. That is something that will tarnish his legacy for a long time.

As far as how the team does? Yes you are right we have to wait. That means all this 8 rings crap can't be brought up either. Other teams have their pride too ya know?

07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
when kobe bricks the ball in game sevens, gasol will be there to pick up the slack. when lebron bricks the ball, wade/bosh will be there or vice versa. no worries.

Flo-Rida
07-10-2010, 04:27 PM
:lol Absolutely. But we have a while to wait so...

I can still smack talk LeBron for punking out and leaving his team out to dry on national television though. That is something that will tarnish his legacy for a long time.

As far as how the team does? Yes you are right we have to wait. That means all this 8 rings crap can't be brought up either. Other teams have their pride too ya know?

Yea i understand that i guess when u have 16 rings you can say whatever the hell u want .

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 04:31 PM
If Lebron is OK being ridiculed as Scottie Pippen 2.0 for the rest of his career then this will work. If he is OK playing Robin to Wade's Batman, this will work.

Mr Bones
07-10-2010, 04:53 PM
If Lebron had found a way to join the Lakers this off season would Laker fans be saying things like "there's only one ball" or "we're going to have to see if they can play together as a team" or any of the other things people are now saying? I doubt it. I think they'd be predicting a dynasty.

Basketballgirl25
07-10-2010, 05:23 PM

agreed I still think Celtics and Magic will be better then them come playoff time. Heat will be good in the regular season, but playoffs I'm not going to say they will till I see who is on the team in the middle of the season. If they have a bench as crappy was the Nets did in 2004/2005 then they won't win shit in the playoffs

Gorilla Game
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Can we just fast forward to next years Heat/Lakers finals already?

pauls931
07-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Can we just fast forward to next years Heat/Lakers finals already?

Could get interesting. What if Lebron catches Wade and Chris tag teaming his mom?

Gorilla Game
07-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Could get interesting. What if Lebron catches Wade and Chris tag teaming his mom?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/pieboyaz/cleveland-tweet.jpg

Goran Dragic
07-10-2010, 06:20 PM
If Lebron is OK being ridiculed as Scottie Pippen 2.0 for the rest of his career then this will work. If he is OK playing Robin to Wade's Batman, this will work.

That'll require him to be a lot more of a defender and passer and less of a scorer. Lebron and Wade can't both be the guy who carries the offensive load and gets to roam around on D. One of them is gonna have to ease his load on offense and take the stopper role on D. As you said, everyone is gonna have to have a defined role, and if those roles aren't defined the first few months of the season, they'll be unprepared come playoff time.